What's new

[WIP - Full] [62studio] Succubus Puttel (RJ265677) translation

cykarussians

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
worked well for me but does anyone have a 100% save file?

Danken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have black infinite loading screen after applying patch, any ideas how to fix this?
Screenshot_1.jpg

Fatalus

Reputation score
Try removing the "%" symbol from "%DEFAULTFOLDER%".

Danken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Try removing the "%" symbol from "%DEFAULTFOLDER%".
No, that was causing white screen. I did it already and I have it black.

Edit: Ok I found out my version of game is outdated, I need to update and I will try again.

Last edited:

savanturio

Reputation score
Try this:

1. Get a fresh copy of the latest version.
2. Extract the translation patch but don't paste it over the game files just yet.
3. In the game's folder go to www\data\system.json.
4. At the very end of system.json. there should be the encryption key, you need to copy the following 3 properties: hasEncryptedImages, hasEncryptedAudio, encryptionKey.
5. Go to the translation patch and open data\system.json.
6. Add a comma just after the last property and then paste in the 3 properties you copied to the end of the file just before the } and then save the file, should look something like:
"windowTone":[0,0,0,0],"hasEncryptedImages":true,"hasEncryptedAudio":true,"encryptionKey":"sdwe897weew9sfde7ds9ds98fw"}
7. Paste patch files over game files like normal.

Hopefully the game will load now.
So, I did what you did and it worked! Many thanks!
The game loaded up, however, upon selecting "New Game" I was met with a "Loading Error - Failed to load: img/characters/%E4%B8%BB%E4%BA%BA%E5%85%AC.png". The retry button doesn't help.

I cant find the img file in that specified folder. Is there a way around this or to obtain the missing .png?

Edit: I have version 317

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
So, I did what you did and it worked! Many thanks!
The game loaded up, however, upon selecting "New Game" I was met with a "Loading Error - Failed to load: img/characters/%E4%B8%BB%E4%BA%BA%E5%85%AC.png". The retry button doesn't help.

I cant find the img file in that specified folder. Is there a way around this or to obtain the missing .png?

Edit: I have version 317
I think that error happens if you unpack the game while your computer isn't in Japanese locale. Change your computer to Japanese locale and try unpacking the game again. You can change it back to the original locale once you've confirmed the game works.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now released a new translation patch for this game. This should have all of the battle dialogue translated, but let me know if I missed anything. Also, the Achievements have gone back to being untranslated (due to not being loaded by Translator++), which I'll fix in the next patch.

Shell Mimic battle screenshot.png

Dashfly

Reputation score
I tried to play using the latest patch (TL4) and I got "Loading error: Failed to load: img/ system/ Balloon.png". Does anyone know how to fix this?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I tried to play using the latest patch (TL4) and I got "Loading error: Failed to load: img/ system/ Balloon.png". Does anyone know how to fix this?
I've received this error before and IIRC, it's fixed by decrypting the image files so that you get png files.

Wait a bit, I'll see if there's anything I can do with the translation to fix this.

EDIT: Come to think of it, did you do the first step of unpacking the game?

Last edited:

Dashfly

Reputation score
I've received this error before and IIRC, it's fixed by decrypting the image files so that you get png files.

Wait a bit, I'll see if there's anything I can do with the translation to fix this.

EDIT: Come to think of it, did you do the first step of unpacking the game?
I tried using the EnigmaVBUnpacker which said "This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked".

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I tried using the EnigmaVBUnpacker which said "This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked".
Hmm, that's happened to me before as well. So does that mean your "www" folder already contained a "data" folder?

Dashfly

Reputation score
Hmm, that's happened to me before as well. So does that mean your "www" folder already contained a "data" folder?
Yes, it does. When I launched the game without the translation everything worked fine. I don't know if it matters, but does downloading the game from Dlsite Nest do anything or is it completely irrelevant?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
The place you downloaded them from shouldn't affect anything. For now, try pasting the contents of this file into the system folder (it's within the img folder, which is within the www folder). This contains the Balloon.png that you're missing.

Attachments

Dashfly

Reputation score
The place you downloaded them from shouldn't affect anything. For now, try pasting the contents of this file into the system folder (it's within the img folder, which is within the www folder). This contains the Balloon.png that you're missing.
Did that and now it says "Failed to load: audio/se/ Cursor1.ogg".

EDIT: So I probably should have checked earlier, but I got it to work. There is a post on this thread made on November 12, 2011 by Morkor. It sounded complicated, but it worked eventually. Sorry to bother you Green Thoughts. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Did that and now it says "Failed to load: audio/se/ Cursor1.ogg".

EDIT: So I probably should have checked earlier, but I got it to work. There is a post on this thread made on November 12, 2011 by Morkor. It sounded complicated, but it worked eventually. Sorry to bother you Green Thoughts. Keep up the great work!
Glad to hear that. I've updated the OP with a link to that post.