What's new

A save editor for RPG Maker

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Does this thing doesn't work for Monster Girl Quest Paradox? I thought that was an rpgmaker too?
If the save file extension is neither .rxdata, .rvdata, .rvdata2, or .rpgsave then it's not RPG Maker Game and this save editor can't edit save file that don't have extension listed just now...
Well, there are cases that even with extension above this save editor will give an error...

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If the save file extension is neither .rxdata, .rvdata, .rvdata2, or .rpgsave then it's not RPG Maker Game and this save editor can't edit save file that don't have extension listed just now...
Well, there are cases that even with extension above this save editor will give an error...
Yeah It gave me an Force stop error I know this is an .rvdata Just wondering why it won't work maybe the items in the game aren't completed yet so It won't show up? Just saying

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...and - as I've already said - you're not the person that is allowed to decide where that line lies for me (those damn neo-SJWs).

Anyway, the problem with RGSS engines' saves (XP/VX/Ace) is that those are raw ruby marshaler dumps.
That means that you need the description for *all* the classes used in the save.
The problem is when the game uses custom classes, then puts them in the save - as is the case with Paradox.
Without the description of those classes, such save can't be read by any generic solution...
Well, technically, you could come up with a kludge to read such save (at least the parts of it you have the description of), but the problem would be back with a vengeance once you were to write the modified save.
I'm not saying "it absolutely couldn't be done", just that if a solution is possible, it's by far more complicated than when you do have all class descriptions.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
...and - as I've already said - you're not the person that is allowed to decide where that line lies for me (those damn neo-SJWs).

Anyway, the problem with RGSS engines' saves (XP/VX/Ace) is that those are raw ruby marshaler dumps.
That means that you need the description for *all* the classes used in the save.
The problem is when the game uses custom classes, then puts them in the save - as is the case with Paradox.
Without the description of those classes, such save can't be read by any generic solution...
Well, technically, you could come up with a kludge to read such save (at least the parts of it you have the description of), but the problem would be back with a vengeance once you were to write the modified save.
I'm not saying "it absolutely couldn't be done", just that if a solution is possible, it's by far more complicated than when you do have all class descriptions.
I see so will Paradox be added to the save editor? I mean this editor just asking

Alex1

Lurker
Reputation score
How fix that? For Rpg Maker VX
System.Exception: Unsupported file format.
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadRoot()
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadFile()
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxSavedGame.Create(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.SavedGame.Create(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
How fix that? For Rpg Maker VX
System.Exception: Unsupported file format.
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadRoot()
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.RbReader.ReadFile()
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxSavedGame.Create(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.SavedGame.Create(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
в RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
Either the game has some very non-standard save files, which means you're out of luck, or you opened something that was not a save file.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I formated my computer recently, and went from W10 to win7.
And since that day, I can't make this soft works again. I get this message when I try to launch the soft.
bug.png
Can someone help me on that? Did I forgot to install something?

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I formated my computer recently, and went from W10 to win7.
And since that day, I can't make this soft works again. I get this message when I try to launch the soft.

Can someone help me on that? Did I forgot to install something?
Please start by installing the latest version of .net framework that you can get for your OS.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
And it works now. Thank you.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yay, searched for this.

While MV cheat menu plugin does quite a few things save editor do, I wonder if there is something like it for the other RPG Makers?

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Latest version doesn't work with Meritocracy of the Oni & Blade from ONEONE1.
It's been a while since I had a look but I believe all ONEONE1 games use encryption to prevent you from editing the saves.

Kouko

Lurker
Reputation score
Isn't there any way to bypass that?
Like if I started a new game with the game.rgss3a decrypted?

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Isn't there any way to bypass that?
Like if I started a new game with the game.rgss3a decrypted?
No. The encryption on the game data and the save files are two different things. The game encryption is standard RPG Maker encryption, the save encryption is a different third party encryption.

On the other hand, if you really wanted to then you could first decrypt the game files and then hack the script that encrypts the save files, it's the script named セーブデータ圧縮暗号化スクリプト. In theory at least, I've never tried. But you'd need the whole RPG Maker VX Ace editor to edit the script.

The game has an easy mode, so I suggest you use that instead.

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I've released a version 0.66 with bug fixes that you'll want if you use the editor for RPG Maker MV games.

Xerodrive

Reputation score
Hi there, I'm not sure wether or not you're still working on the save editors, but I've ran into an issue. I, for some reason, cannot edit the Switches and Variables (the option in advanced is greyed out), and my item tab is completely empty (this might be because of the game's setup but I wouldn't know). It's a VX Ace version (rvdata2) and a relatively new game that's still getting worked on. I've tried searching to manually find these switches using Notepad++ for example but I'm too clueless to handling it to be able to work it out. It's been a year so it's understandable that bugs like these occur.