What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

iloveme2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

So how do I find all the English names of my Japanese units?
The unit translation link from the first post only has info on my silver units.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So how do I find all the English names of my Japanese units?
The unit translation link from the first post only has info on my silver units.
The simplest would be to copy-paste the Japanese name into a search engine and look it up.

Lucifer asked for help in compiling a list of unit names, and I gave suggestions for practically all of them, but I don't know if he has been updating it, or fixing some inferior translations, whose meanings are suboptimal compared to others. I know I have since changed my opinion on at least half a dozen or more since helping with that list. You can find the list as a link in his signature.

I've been working on a list of all units that have their Skill AW (and Skill Max) info here:

Crow_mw took the information in the above links, and organised it so it's easier to read here:

Next week, or the one after that, they should be implementing the LV55 ability for silver units, so I'll be making a list for all of them with their Japanese name, and a translated name.

There's also the English localisation, but the quality of their translations, for names at least, is horrible, and not worth considering. A lot of them were changed drastically so they have little to no relation to the Japanese original, or are wrong based on context. For example, the Black Elven Princess is Olivier, and her sword is the same sword used by Olivier in the legend. Olivier is a male name, so a lot of us call her Olivia, which is also what professional localisers did for a female character in Fire Emblem with the same Olivier name. The localisation's translator, however, wrote Olivie, which is 100% wrong. Olivie, in French, is not pronounced like Oribie. A common problem localisation translators face is that a lot of them are just given scripts with no help on the context, which leads to things like someone translating the 'Fire Breath' skill of a dragon from the English localisation of Final Fantasy Tactics (Playstation) to 'Fire Bracelet' (I assume the translator thought they were translating the name of an accessory). It's not often that professional game translators have access to the game itself, so they can modify and proofread their writing so it's in the correct context.

Last edited:

lucifer4444

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Lucifer asked for help in compiling a list of unit names, and I gave suggestions for practically all of them, but I don't know if he has been updating it, or fixing some inferior translations, whose meanings are suboptimal compared to others. I know I have since changed my opinion on at least half a dozen or more since helping with that list. You can find the list as a link in his signature.
This list have not be updated and probably won't be, i don't have the will to spend my free time on it anymore and right clicking on the jp wiki to "translate this page" is giving pretty much the same thing.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

News Update:

(Introduction) Imperial Healer Elias (帝国治癒士エリアス):

She'll be introduced into the game as a recruitable unit in the future. The wording "見逃しなく" suggests she'll be an event unit, since that's what they've been using for the event characters as opposed to the premium ones.

Last edited:

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

News Update:

(Introduction) Plat Imperial Healer Elias (帝国治癒士エリアス):

She'll be introduced into the game as a recruitable unit in the future. The wording "見逃しなく" suggests she'll be an event unit, since that's what they've been using for the event characters as opposed to the premium ones.
now that's interesting. from her cost we thought she'd be a gold healer. wonder if she's gonna be a bit like robert who has silver cost (and almost below silver stats pre-AW)
that said, I'll be looking forward to getting her. hopefully she'll be a decently useful unit with a nice enough AW art.

kleem

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

News Update:

(Introduction) Plat Imperial Healer Elias (帝国治癒士エリアス):

Oh good I really liked her design and unfortunatly I couldn't figure out what she does during the map she appeared in cause I cleared it quite easily XD

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah , I dunno what that Healer does
Since Kayou burnt all the Orcs by herself....

I'll try to AW her , but not a priorities
Since Amon Map quite needing many Healer anyway
Probably I'll AW Robert instead~

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah , I dunno what that Healer does
Since Kayou burnt all the Orcs by herself....
Well in the mission her skill is healing up II, like G.Iris (might change to healing III like camila since she plat)
The 1 i wondered is her cost is 17, which supposely for gold rarity (non-CC)

Hopefuly she is great to replace my G.Iris, but again G.iris SAW is too good to be changed atm >.<
PS: i dun't felt i want 4th AW healer >.<

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Your evidence doesn't prove much and like I said before, most evidence points towards a Gold rarity Healer.

Guest units have appeared with their cost set to the minimum. Elias' stats don't line up with the other Platinum Healers as well. A Platinum healer with 293 healing power at CC50 is much more lower than Camilla's 337 healing power at CC50 while both have 0 affection.

Leona appears at 7-cost, which is the minimum cost for her pre-CC. Isabel appears at 18-cost, which is the minimum cost for her after class changing. Rosel appears at 16 cost, which is the minimum cost for a Platinum Monster Slayer (Special Class).

Roberto's stats when he appeared in this .

Just check the past history of events and the trend has always been the same.

what3va

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Was there ever a list of post AW abilities (e.g. spica's 7% atk to archers if in the team roster, Katie's 2% def to all if in team roster, etc.) created? If so can someone point me to it?

Thanks

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Was there ever a list of post AW abilities (e.g. spica's 7% atk to archers if in the team roster, Katie's 2% def to all if in team roster, etc.) created? If so can someone point me to it?

Thanks
Yes, I translated/described all of the abilities at one point or another. You'll have to use the search feature to find them all scattered about in 'maintenance update' posts.

No one directly asked me to compile them into a long list, so I never did such a thing. I'm only planning to do such for silver units unless someone like Crow_MW or Negame asks me to do the same for the gold~black units.

what3va

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the info.

Was hoping there would be a list of compiled abilities but at least it is available somewhere in the forums. I think the only list compiled at this point is the one done by Lafate but unfortunately it is only limited to Nutaku available units.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No one directly asked me to compile them into a long list, so I never did such a thing. I'm only planning to do such for silver units unless someone like Crow_MW or Negame asks me to do the same for the gold~black units.
I think Crow asked if someone can do it at some point during moving all previous info to github.

Anyway, I am only lurking forums due to deadline for my masters ;/

First: Petite, good luck with your hospital visit. I hope everything will go well.
Second: According to characters we receive lately I have feeling that soon we will face huge Empire cupcake with some sweet Princess cherry on top.
After all we are taking into our army more and more of their generals ;D

Bandit King Conrad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I had a mostly-complete *.odb database file with all the characters, classes, skills, abilities (pre-and post- aw), min/max costs (for pre-CC, CC, and AW) and descriptions for each of them. Unfortunately, found out the hard way that the filetype is really unstable, so it all got corrupted a month or so ago and I just have the skills and abilities for the Nutaku-available units in my progress tracker spreadsheet.

If I end up redoing that in a more stable file type, or maybe a spreadsheet, would anyone want a copy/be interested in at least some of that information?

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Never mind, trying again 5 times solved the problem :p

Daverost

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There's also the English localisation, but the quality of their translations, for names at least, is horrible, and not worth considering. A lot of them were changed drastically so they have little to no relation to the Japanese original, or are wrong based on context.
Honestly, the only ones I take issue with are Beatorika -> Beatrice, which is a notable change, and Roberto -> Robert, which is flat wrong given the kana you'd use to spell each one.

The rest are either good, or close enough. No one's perfect, and as I recall, even you have admitted to struggling with name translations before. I think a little breathing room for spelling is called for.

For all intents and purposes, the name translations in the English version are mostly passable. Too bad the Nutaku version game itself is garbage.

zumide

Reputation score

Is there a reason behind Kanon saying "are you stupid"?

Akari20

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I had a mostly-complete *.odb database file with all the characters, classes, skills, abilities (pre-and post- aw), min/max costs (for pre-CC, CC, and AW) and descriptions for each of them. Unfortunately, found out the hard way that the filetype is really unstable, so it all got corrupted a month or so ago and I just have the skills and abilities for the Nutaku-available units in my progress tracker spreadsheet.

If I end up redoing that in a more stable file type, or maybe a spreadsheet, would anyone want a copy/be interested in at least some of that information?
I'd be interested, if you do.

Actually, the fact that they romanised Despia as Despara has been bugging me ever since I found out her original name. Because the Katakana obviously says Despia.

what3va

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Count me in on that list too :)

Bandit King Conrad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

...A common problem localisation translators face is that a lot of them are just given scripts with no help on the context, which leads to things like someone translating the 'Fire Breath' skill of a dragon from the English localisation of Final Fantasy Tactics (Playstation) to 'Fire Bracelet' (I assume the translator thought they were translating the name of an accessory)....
Lol, translators seem to have a lotta trouble with 'breath' then! Golden Sun's translation for all the -breath attacks was screwed up too. Attacks such as fire breath were translated to things like 'fire blessing'. Probably was originally 'breathing', but still. Was awkward having these 'blessings' launched at your party by various lizards and dragons.