What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Ahriman] 紋章騎士ノルド ~ケガレの紋章編~ (RJ233587)

naicore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Rather disappointed with the game, feels more like a demo for the combat system. Very short with only 4 stages, the focus is on bondage with some black screen implying sex, the only real sex shown is in a few of the cutscenes. Looking at the screens on DLsite and the description, one could have thought this would be a full game such as Asagi, but it's barely 1 hour long if you play to win, maybe 1½-2 hours to see everything.
I hope he goes back to the Asagi style game, more story and RPG than this. Combat doesn't need to be as complex as this to be fun.

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
This game started off amazing. Well-animated cutscenes (for an RPG Maker game), scene transitions, walk animations, timing of music and SFX, comedic timing, everything. Then combat starts and you see it has a very nice, deep combat system (complex but doesn't overwhelm you with its complexity) with decent enough animations (the evade animation is a bit wonky though).

I began to have nagging feeling that something's wrong as I played through the game though. First, there are no actual dungeons to explore; you just go a location and pick a scripted sequence of battles to fight through (there is some variation of enemies though), which can get tedious after a while due to how encounters are set up (you generally face hordes of enemies without being able to spam AoE attacks, so combat takes a while, even if you don't get literally tied up). Evading fights is also impossible, naturally. Then there's also the (lack of) character advancement; there are only a small number of skills to buy and buying character levels (you don't level up automatically from EXP) does nothing except give you more HP and MP (the latter of which is nearly useless because skills that use MP cost a fixed percentage, so costs scale up the more MP you have). There are no equipment whatsoever. I was worried that later fights might be too much of a slog because enemy stats scale up while the player's don't (except for HP).

Still, overall, it was an enjoyable experience, and again due to how wonderfully animated the cutscenes were.

Then everything came to a screeching halt as Ahriman pulled a and the plot comes to a abrupt screeching halt after a mere two story stages (and exactly like Dark Matter, it gives you a face full of TO BE CONTINUED and LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT EPISODE). No resolution to the main story whatsoever; Nord (the MC) is still cursed, and the entire plot thread is left hanging. Oh, so that explains the lack of character advancement—it wouldn't even be necessary, that's why.

This game is fucking UNFINISHED. And no, no mention of it or that the game would be episodic on the DLsite page or in the author's blog (as of current moment of writing) either, exactly like Dark Matter (it bears mentioning thrice).

Oh well, I would actually have been pissed if I actually paid for the game, but luckily this was preceded by Aoi, and we all know how much of a debacle that was, so I was already wary. Fool me once, etc. etc.

TL; DR review: Game is fun, but not worth the money (priced slightly lower than the average DLsite/DMM fantasy RPGMaker game) because it's exceedingly short and unfinished. Wait for sales, unless you must absolutely support Ahriman for some reason.

For each individual enemy on the field they can either attack or call for help, which increases their numbers/health, so every time an enemy calls for help another dude shows up and is added to the group. I think this caps out at 3-4, and once it caps out instead of calling for allies they have a chance to try and surround you, and failing to defend properly results in lewd things, so if you're out of TP you won't be able to properly defend. Failing to defend against lewd attacks increased your yielding/surrender level, and every time it raises you get into more interesting bondage situations.
Only the mook-type enemies (those without any other special abilities, and they're usually the most common enemy type) can call for reinforcements, which just change them to a stronger enemy (visually, more people/monsters are added to the group). And yes, they get access to a capturing special attack once they become a full group. You can also use MP to defend, but doing so has a higher chance of failure and you don't get to counterattack.

The other enemy types include beefgates (these have high HP, and their AI usually involves charging up to land a devastating on the next turn), rogue types (high chance of preparing fast lewd/bind attacks on the next turn that you can't intercept unless you use a high-priority move), and leader types (can cause other enemies to use lewd/bind attacks on their next turn; also have a chance of breaking stun for them) . Enemy types are generally visually obvious.

This makes the stage 1 bonus stage annoying to go through, as it's filled to the brim with rogue types that like to spam bind/capture attacks (get hit twice and Nord will get kidnapped and hit with almost every single status debuff), which you can only intercept reliably with a kick... and you can only kick twice in a turn. Seriously I think it's the hardest (well, tedious, because escaping is trivial anyway) stage despite only having 2-star difficulty.

Combat-wise, it's usually not the best idea to spam all your attacks. It's best to use normal 'green' attacks on low HP enemies (especially rogue-types) while waiting for opportunities. Generally speaking once you get your HP high enough you can sort of ignore most HP attacks, and charge/bind/capture attacks are usually telegraphed well in advance. Enemies that can do such attacks will usually take a turn to "psych up" (indicating a charge attack for more damage; they also get a yellow growling wolf symbol) or to "do something suspicious" (indicating a bind/capture attack; they also get a nasty-looking face symbol). You can hit 'psyched-up' enemies with an 'assault' (magic, requires MP) 'red' attack for extra damage; they are otherwise resistant to all other types of attacks while in that state. 'Suspicious' enemies are instead weak to purifying (requires TP) 'blue' attacks.

Note that purifying 'blue' attacks also heal your MP on hit.

Wait a second, what the hell? His pixiv is listed?
When I put stuff up on DLSite, I was explicitly told I couldn't have any links to any websites in the info of the game, did DLSite change their policies recently?
Pixiv of the partnering artist. Not sure about DLSite policies, but maybe they allowed it to give credit to a third party? Usually the circle/group's websites go under the circle/group's page, so maybe that's why they don't allow it normally.

i really doubt the second half will got better, i think its just same repeat like this or aoi game, its shame with so much time he do its still not better than last game (that flop) and even not come as par on swordman asagi.
the lack of persistant status effect and magically escaped without effort when in confinement/imprisoned is actually really kinda bad for me, seeing that usually the main point from ahriman game

nb : yes the CG is improved a bit, but i really dont mind his usual CG too (maybe the + thing from this game is the CG? but what i want to see from this game is the story and gameplay tough)
The CG is done by a partnering artist, . Said artist does a good job of emulating Ahriman's artstyle though (especially the faces).

Try to add an exception to your AV.

Most of the game from the dev are shutdown at start by AV, dunno why...
Ahriman uses WhiteFlute RPGMaker modules, which sometimes trigger AV heuristics because of encryption/code obfuscation. The culprit here (as is the case of all Ahriman games) is wfAudio.dll. The particular version he uses has some... odd behavior (wouldn't even start in my sandbox, despite not triggering my AV), so maybe it does some weird DLL hooking or injection for debugging/monitoring hotkey purposes. Should be completely innocuous, but I'm paranoid, so I just replaced it with a different wfAudio.dll from another game instead of running it out-of-sandbox.

the orc fuck her until she's pregnant...
Seems to be offscreen though.

...But I'm greatly on the fence about this price, as yet again it feels more like it's hiked that high because he was paying off a VA who wasn't going to work -cheap-, ..
If that were true, then that's money unwisely spent. Not much voices anyway, and removing them wouldn't really diminish the experience.

Rather disappointed with the game, feels more like a demo for the combat system. Very short with only 4 stages, the focus is on bondage with some black screen implying sex, the only real sex shown is in a few of the cutscenes. Looking at the screens on DLsite and the description, one could have thought this would be a full game such as Asagi, but it's barely 1 hour long if you play to win, maybe 1½-2 hours to see everything.
I hope he goes back to the Asagi style game, more story and RPG than this. Combat doesn't need to be as complex as this to be fun.
Yeah, seriously, I think there are demos with more content than this, like Wings of Lohrdia, or the recent Tsuki no Mizu games. Both H and story-wise.

(Asagi was really underpriced though, for some reason.)

--

Some character info:

1. Main character is Nord (ノルド), who's some sort of high-ranking Crest Knight who derives her power from the Black Flame Crest tattooed on her belly. Her other epithet is "the Silver Reaper".

The crest knights go around the world getting rid of impurities (kegare), with lewd debauchery being one sort of impurity (all impurity seem to be connected with supernatural, 'demonlike' forces). The impurities seem to require some sort of catalyst (called "nether") to spread, which is usually a person or monster (who usually ends up as a boss enemy you must defeat). Severe cases of impurities will result in a miasmatic cloudlike substance covering entire regions and corrupting the personalities of people caught in it. The crest knights targets these 'nethers' to prevent further spread of impurities, followed by beating up (and capturing) remaining hostiles to purify them and remove impurity entirely from that region.

Nord gets cursed in the prologue, causing her powers to weaken (via literal level drain) as well as making her, well, lewd over time. Her Crest's appearance also gets affected and will sometimes transform into a heart shape (associated with in-universe brands used for cumdumps).

Nord's sister (a higher ranking Crest Knight) tries to get rid of the curse but couldn't do so immediately (due to some sort of backlash protective magic setup). So it has to be done gradually, and meanwhile Nord is reassigned to 'keeping house' and taking care of low-level threats while she's still in her weakened state.

Personality-wise, Nord is the usual prideful 'Lady Knight' type (and affects a certain type of speech pattern that is somewhat reminiscent of smug princess/empress types like Fate's Nero/Red Saber), 'though she's surprisingly meek around her sister.

2. Est is Nord's elder sister, despite her younger (read: flatter) appearance. Higher ranking Crest Knight, and the overall commanader of the region. Her crest, IIRC, is the "White Thunder". Personality-wise, well, she's like the usual Asanagi girl (before the latter gets broken), Which is to say, extremely prideful with sadistic (in both the usual and BDSM sense) tendencies. Likes dominating men, crushing the balls of criminals... that sort of thing. Technical virgin. Also trolls Nord from time to time (like that scene when Nord walks in her doing frottage with a cardinal).

Oh, she's also a bokukko (refers to herself with the pronoun 'boku', which is usually used by males).

Last edited:

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score
the orc fuck her until she's pregnant...

by the way I can't play it on my android anyone have any idea?
(and damn! Ahriman going Episodic again)
But isnt the orc fking off screen? I have yet to see any actual penetration done by the enemy during combat. Other than the dildo.

EDIT: Yea someone mentioned that already. Didn't see the latest message.

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
There is a really nasty, game stopping Bug (literally) when you get captured / infected a second time by the goblins / parasite in the Orc area. The Game just left you with an empty battle menu and you have to restart the it completely to get out of it.

naicore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
But isnt the orc fking off screen? I have yet to see any actual penetration done by the enemy during combat. Other than the dildo.

EDIT: Yea someone mentioned that already. Didn't see the latest message.
Took a look at the image files of the game. Some unused enemies, a mix of wolfmen and bandits, and some effects. The only shown sex is the from the opening, the two girls pressing their crests together, the two events at the prison(require capture in thesecond slum area and at the orc camp) and the ending with the yellow haired girl and a guy. Everything else is off-screen.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This game is fucking UNFINISHED. And no, no mention of it or that the game would be episodic on the DLsite page or in the author's blog (as of current moment of writing) either, exactly like Dark Matter (it bears mentioning thrice).
His blog entry right on dlsite said that part 2 was due out in winter posted as of 8/29 that was 3 days ago........ how exactly is that not informing you.

nnescio

Reputation score
His blog entry right on dlsite said that part 2 was due out in winter posted as of 8/29 that was 3 days ago........ how exactly is that not informing you.
I derped and read only the latest blog post ( "sales started") and not the previous one. Still, info that the game is episodic (especially considering how the plot just comes to a standstill) would be something really important to the buyer to make an informed purchase that I think it should be mentioned in the DLsite page itself (and the main blog post), not just in a previous blog post.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Btw, don't know how many people notice.

But your 'base' change based on your submission level.

At lv 0 your girls are doing soldier-things.

At lv 4 they're getting fucked everywhere.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I derped and read only the latest blog post ( "sales started") and not the previous one. Still, info that the game is episodic (especially considering how the plot just comes to a standstill) would be something really important to the buyer to make an informed purchase that I think it should be mentioned in the DLsite page itself (and the main blog post), not just in a previous blog post.
Oh I definitely agree with that. I was just pointing out he did in fact say when the next episode was planned to come out.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
@nnescio

I do thank you for doing a write up to save me the hassle of doing that myself about the game! In earnest, Ahriman got knocked down a peg with Aoi due towards how -COSTLY- it was with the last of direct -CONTENT- it had. He's noted a few times that he -REALLY- likes the VA who he's been working with, and I kinda always added 2 and 2 together and figured the major price hikes as of late is because he's been paying her off big time. I -COULD- be wrong about this, but things just adds up you know? Asagi had 3 fully voiced gals for their combat stuff, but even first release was worth -HALF- the price these games are, even his OTHER games where fully female voiced and where worth far less, and ironically you could do more with less! But I think Asagi's ended up that game that "Was too big for him". Ever since then he's been trying to aim more smaller scale, that much is more obvious as the days tick by. The '2.0' Aoi was more him trying to give in and support what the fans wanted, a full story, a large interactive and altering map as you explored deeper or fell for traps. But it's clear he started to run out of steam -FAST- with that when his side project aims to remove the map exploration and what not for quick and direct events, and battles. It's a gaming style I myself like, as it lets you jump into the nit and gritty quickly enough without being bogged down by extra fluff, and the games well balanced enough that you can play the -ENTIRE- thing without once getting a level upgrade and do fine. So, as a guy who loves combat interaction, including with MASSIVE status effects galore, this was my JAM. But the things that hit me was indeed the -LENGTH-...as for ~1200 yen you're asking for a lot when at HALF THAT PRICE his previous (and honestly in many peoples eyes, better bang for buck) 3 games are all bundled into a single package. This isn't even tanking into account similar games in the same price range like CREATURE HUNTER ( 5 gals, a ton of different outfits, a TON of status effects mid battle along with battle rape, direct insertion that matters for many), EDEN ( 3 gals, TONS of armor to mix and match for your own corruption ordeals, lots of status effects mid battle, tons of sex CG's ), The Tale of Undercrust ( One protag, but Hypno, bondage, mid battle status effects and foe interactions galore, easily 6 hour game), and a ton of others recent and from the past that offer very -full- experiences for that 1200 yen and STILL offer the same kind of battle interaction as well. So yeah, the price point is a major point of why I feel like I kinda have to step away for a second and -NOT- support someone who I'd otherwise be looking up towards and the like as his stuff helps inspire me to do things for -MY- games.

I just hate feeling like I'm giving him a total bad rep, but this is the second time. I could understand 'shorter and more right to the point' games at like...-HALF- the price, or heck, the 700 yen price point would be a -LOT- more agreeable in earnest and make the burn sting far, FAR less! But the fact that he keeps insisting at the higher price point is just...troubling and worrisome...

Slimeria

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I really hate this spot to be in. On one hand, one of my biggest pet peeves with dlsite games is how the hentai aspects almost never mesh with the gameplay aspects beyond maybe clothing damage, or game over rape, or maybe an animation in a platformer. There are few circles to even bother attempting this, and extremely few circles that do this well, and Ahriman gave us all a taste of that once. I love the attention to the combat systems and I understand that you really can't expect something like Asagi every time.

However, I think it's a bit criminal to spend that much time developing an interesting combat system that melds h-content with gameplay, and makes the game disposable and short as hell. It is just frustrating to see it be so close and yet so far from something really enjoyable.

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Does the tentacle boss of the fourth map have any special moves? I kept waiting for it to do something interesting but we just kept trading blows until it ran out of HP and died.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score
It have a "Game Over scene" when your HP get to 0. Ouf of that he only hit hard and that is all. Looks like the stage is just half ended

MajinLuffy

Reputation score
Well, haven't played anything since Asagi (and haven't even finished that one, sad, I know u.u) so I don't know about the price jump on the Aoi game, maybe it's the VA but to be fair with this one being shorter, the new art looks pretty good and hiring someone else to do it is pretty expensive. Add to that DLsite keeps pretty much half and yeah, charging 700-800 yen doesn't look like a good thing. Also, he might have used cheaper voice packs for his previous games instead of hiring a VA. And you might say stuff like his art and the voices were fine before, but I think if you had ideas for a game you want to make, you also most likely want them to look as good as they look in your own head, so if he doesn't feel like he can make it happen then it makes sense to look for someone else to do it (I can relate to that u.u)

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Btw, don't know how many people notice.

But your 'base' change based on your submission level.

At lv 0 your girls are doing soldier-things.

At lv 4 they're getting fucked everywhere.
Thatsmyfetish.jpg
That was actually one of my favorite things I noticed in Ouka (Different dev, I know), but that kind of gradual change in the world is cool. Maybe I should give this a try...

nexen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
His pixiv: DLsite never had links with Pixiv, only Booth site have.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
did he downgrade the game from the previous one? it feels like a downgrade game play wise. is that just me or do others feel that too?

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
My head canon is that the artist approached Ahriman while he was already in the process of making Aoi (version 2) and his other game (with the other artist) when this artist asked for him to slap together something for him using the system for Aoi. Ahriman sent this artist a simple mock up and the artist said: "That's good enough for now. Let's sell it!"

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
when i saw its images, i atleast expected the option for bondage combat via kicks.... kinda have to say with a heavy heart, the only good thing about this game is art... even gameplay is kinda meh.. also when fighting in the unknown enemy lair, when fighting minions, if you kill the litte green thing and then get caught... the game goes to a bugged dead end where the mc is just standing there and there is an empty window,, did this happen to someone else?

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
when i saw its images, i atleast expected the option for bondage combat via kicks.... kinda have to say with a heavy heart, the only good thing about this game is art... even gameplay is kinda meh.. also when fighting in the unknown enemy lair, when fighting minions, if you kill the litte green thing and then get caught... the game goes to a bugged dead end where the mc is just standing there and there is an empty window,, did this happen to someone else?
yeah this also happens to me, so not just you. Kinda disappointing for the bonus map. And as far as the kicks go, her 20 cost TP ability is a kick that always goes first and will stop you from being grabbed from the ninja type enemies. as long as it's the only one grabbing you that is.