What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Ahriman] 紋章騎士ノルド ~ケガレの紋章編~ (RJ233587)

Utgardoutcast

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think the major problem with Ahriman's latest attempts is that he saw what made his third game great, and went a bit too far with it.

Let's be honest, Ahriman gets a significant amount of mileage out of the VX-Ace engine. His third game took the bondage and essentially made it a part of the battle system. And it worked pretty well.

I think he saw how much we liked that, and took it a bit too far. Now, in his latest games, the battle system and the bondage system are so intertwined that it becomes really complex. Not only does it slow down his coding, but it also becomes way too complex for, say, multiple characters. That's probably why he only has one PC in the latest games. Not that I have a massive problem with that, but still.

Truthfully, I would have been happy with a sequel to Asagi, his third game. It ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, so a sequel wouldn't be too difficult. Keep Asasgi and Ura, maybe add a few new characters, or make Whip and Blade somehow join up again. But most importantly, keep the same tried and tested battle system. We know it works, after all. Add a new story, but use the same system. Or just make a new story, but keep the same system.

Now, I'm not saying he should go the way of CircleKAME and use the same tired system over and over again, but the same system in just two games in a row isn't something we'll beat him up over. Make a new game with the old system while experimenting here and there with some new stuff.

In conclusion, I think he overreached himself a bit. Still, he seems sensible, so maybe he'll realize that making an entirely new system from scratch the way he's been doing isn't the best idea, and tone it down a bit from here on in? I wont hold my breath, but I'll wait until I see more before I decide, I think.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I think the major problem with Ahriman's latest attempts is that he saw what made his third game great, and went a bit too far with it.

Let's be honest, Ahriman gets a significant amount of mileage out of the VX-Ace engine. His third game took the bondage and essentially made it a part of the battle system. And it worked pretty well.

I think he saw how much we liked that, and took it a bit too far. Now, in his latest games, the battle system and the bondage system are so intertwined that it becomes really complex. Not only does it slow down his coding, but it also becomes way too complex for, say, multiple characters. That's probably why he only has one PC in the latest games. Not that I have a massive problem with that, but still.

Truthfully, I would have been happy with a sequel to Asagi, his third game. It ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, so a sequel wouldn't be too difficult. Keep Asasgi and Ura, maybe add a few new characters, or make Whip and Blade somehow join up again. But most importantly, keep the same tried and tested battle system. We know it works, after all. Add a new story, but use the same system. Or just make a new story, but keep the same system.

Now, I'm not saying he should go the way of CircleKAME and use the same tired system over and over again, but the same system in just two games in a row isn't something we'll beat him up over. Make a new game with the old system while experimenting here and there with some new stuff.

In conclusion, I think he overreached himself a bit. Still, he seems sensible, so maybe he'll realize that making an entirely new system from scratch the way he's been doing isn't the best idea, and tone it down a bit from here on in? I wont hold my breath, but I'll wait until I see more before I decide, I think.

wish we could have someone tell him this. though not sure it would help.....creating a plot for a sequel may be hard for him to do. he is creative to be sure! but i think he has a mental block when it comes to continuing a finished story.

Magodei

Reputation score
Having problem opening this game...
How to add an exception on AV ? I tried others method but it didn't work or just my bad luck.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
How to, depend on your AV, but usually you can select either a file or a folder. Add an exception for the whole folder (if you move the game, folder to another path, you'll need to make a new exception.)
Can't help you if I don't know your AV.
Usually a google search on 'how to add an exception on "xxxx"' ; xxxx being your AV name got you the answer pretty quickly.

Utgardoutcast

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got another update to the blog. Another picture, and a tenative update in February, I think. It looks like he's chasing bugs, so we'll see.

Also, the four new pictures just showed up on pixiv as well.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
New blog update claims to many bugs and is hoping for a march release.

Cassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New image and a new update.

What I could read from the translator is, that he wanted to hear the players opinions since he is at a point where he doesn't know how to proceed.
It seems like he'll update the demo during the next few days

naicore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
he wanted to hear the players opinions since he is at a point where he doesn't know how to proceed.
IMO the art is good, but he's trying to make a way to complex game. He should take what made Asagi great, the party with multiple characters and kinks and expand on that idea. Having just one character means getting captured is either annoying since it slows the game or you're trying to see all the art. What Asagi did great was give you a fighting chance when a party member was captured and made you prioritise freeing them or fight the enemy. Also each party member had their own capture art for greater variety.

Cassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
IMO the art is good, but he's trying to make a way to complex game. He should take what made Asagi great, the party with multiple characters and kinks and expand on that idea. Having just one character means getting captured is either annoying since it slows the game or you're trying to see all the art. What Asagi did great was give you a fighting chance when a party member was captured and made you prioritise freeing them or fight the enemy. Also each party member had their own capture art for greater variety.
Hmm, yeah, I think he didn't make a game like asagi again, because he couldn't realise it with the engine he tryed to use or something like this..

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
Looking into his code and scripting manners, it's a god dam mess how this man stitches his game and mechanics together. No wonder it takes him ages to debug and correct simple mechanics and bugs.

Cassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
A new post. Looks like he submited the game to the dlsite and is waiting for them to accept it.

nnescio

Reputation score
A new post. Looks like he submited the game to the dlsite and is waiting for them to accept it.
No.

I don't know, I could also have misinterpreted the translation ...
Definitely.

The March 9 blog post just mentions he's aiming for a March release for the trial version of Chapter 2 (which he failed to meet).

The March 11 post introduces his Ci-en (one of the Japanese Patreon-likes) account.

The March 14 one has some sneak-peeks (including a new character). It also mentions Chapter 1 can now also be bought on DMM.

In short? He's faffing around and money-grabbing trying to raise money. Again.
(I mean, sure, creators deserve to be compensated etc. etc., but this forms a distressing trend when viewed together with the incomplete state of release of Aoi and Nord Chapter 1.)

Last edited:

ddavid112

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What was the reason starting another game and leaving Aoi unfinished?

nnescio

Reputation score
What was the reason starting another game and leaving Aoi unfinished?
Well, to quote an old quip, "Money, dear boy. Money." Same reason why Double Fine left Spacebase DF-9 high and dry.

That aside, Asagi impressed quite a few people, so I think there are artists clamoring to work with him. Keeping them waiting would, well, lose that proffered opportunity. (like that other game proof-of-concept featuring a demon girl or something.)

Last edited: