What's new

Thousand

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

Hello. I have downloaded the 1.5.2 version from the link here, and the game shows up in russian. Am I doing something wrong? How do i fix this?

Thanks for the links btw.

fagballs

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hello. I have downloaded the 1.5.2 version from the link here, and the game shows up in russian. Am I doing something wrong? How do i fix this?

Thanks for the links btw.
Click ENG in the main menu picture.

Don't worry, people had to tell me as well, since it's well hidden.

droglob

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So what the hell is in this mod anyway? I'm talking about actual finished content.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Actual finished ? Nothing, they just completed the 1.5.1 english translation. So you get ~5 newspaper requests that don't lead to anything and you might see Daphne's tits once and that's about it.

barbeque

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's great that we actually know what the phoenix girl is saying now. Previously I didn't even know she was the phoenix. But.... how do you go further with her?

droglob

Demon Girl
Reputation score

^ Actual finished ? Nothing, they just completed the 1.5.1 english translation. So you get ~5 newspaper requests that don't lead to anything and you might see Daphne's tits once and that's about it.
LOL WHAT?

Then why all the excitement? There's thread after thread about this game on 4chan for this? I don't get it.

Siempre

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh nice it was released, time to download it~. It might only be fully translated but honestly it's still reason enough for me to play through it again - just out of boredom.

ragm54

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I might as well try it out, see if it's that good. Well I doubt is going to be as dissapointing as the original version.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Actually if you guys remember my attempt at translating this, I found a new ending and lots of other little things that they added. Seemed like the whole ending was rewritten as well since the translation was no where close to the original from Akabur.

ragm54

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I am curious, does the bird has something new or is still a decorative item like the original?

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, but it's still what I've been saying about all the mods: There's not much new there if you've already played the original game.

In this case, they took some old artwork of Akabur's and wedged it into the public favors as backgrounds. It's fine and all, but chances are you've already seen it. They may have rewritten one of the endings, but they didn't add any new artwork for it, so what's the point? If this was a traditional text game, adding new features that are purely text might constitute an improvement. This is a visual novel, though. Presenting a scenario in slightly broken language, 1-3 lines at a time over barely relevant, repurposed images isn't really a feature to be proud of.

It may eventually be worth it, but right now all these mods (Mo's, Maverick's, Silver, etc.) are mostly failures. If they add more than a tiny bolt-on bit of content, they take the worst aspects of the game-play and add to them, without really offering much in the way of reward. As much as I hate to admit it, it says something that Akabur's able to realize as much as he does, while the detractors can barely produce mods with a fraction more content in a year. Whether what it says is good for him, or merely bad for the modders is up for grabs.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I am curious, does the bird has something new or is still a decorative item like the original?
Pretty sure it's mostly decorative in this one. It looks like they added a significant amount to the Phoenix script, but I don't think it's anything major. I think it eventually starts to bitch about the goings on in the office through passive-aggressive notes (makes perfect sense). Silver or Bronze or whatever they're calling it now is supposed to have scenarios attached to the bird, but it was broken in the last version I looked at.

Edit: "Translation"
Agraba!...A trader,
Celebrating,
Is harring up his donkey;
His eyes, seeing all this
profit,
fear to blink even once;

Lifting up the great sands,
the little princess is on the
run; but in her footsteps -
Genie, Jafar, Bhaghatham!
... They corned her...
Surely Aladdin wouldn't stand idly by while his love was viciously corned.

Last edited:

TommyWalker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I didn't do it myself yet but I read people talking about it. There are... interesting things to do with it. I guess I shouldn't spoil it, but things can happen if you do the right thing.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well its official, they broke the game and 2 rounds of testing never revealed it. I have been playing for an hour or two now and I cant ask about Daphne since Hermione is not corrupted enough yet. But yet I had 1 tutoring session and after months of in game time with Syltherin having a massive lead Hermione has not offered to sell me favors. I have bought the nerd potion, the books, and asked Snape about the newspaper and still nothing. Daphne got a letter from her parents months ago and has still not come and seen me. So game is unplayable now.

kokotheworm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well its official, they broke the game and 2 rounds of testing never revealed it. I have been playing for an hour or two now and I cant ask about Daphne since Hermione is not corrupted enough yet. But yet I had 1 tutoring session and after months of in game time with Syltherin having a massive lead Hermione has not offered to sell me favors. I have bought the nerd potion, the books, and asked Snape about the newspaper and still nothing. Daphne got a letter from her parents months ago and has still not come and seen me. So game is unplayable now.
Really ? they broke the game ? Really .
Let's forget for one second they posted a walkthrought in the faq page just under the download link that explain pretty much everything they did .
Let's forget they put it in the game under help as with a shitload of cheat .
Now and since there is people who will jump on the hate train as soon as they hit a snag I might just tell you that they are 2/3 step for Hermione to tell you about Daphne , By the by I loved Hermione Jealousy fit .
First step is to get her at 12 corruption , look at the hat for the info concerning that . Second step is too put her in a good mood if you are on the 1or 2 route , to do that you must buy perfume and provided she is not upset with you first use it in the room and then give it to her when the event happens . After that you talk to her and ask about Daphne .
Now get of your lazy ass and stop whining , the game isn't perfect , it could be better but it's still great .
Also what's up with the phoenix note , do you have to do stuff to anger the cleaning ladie or something ?

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I didnt find the walk through, I went to their site and its about a different game so I cant tell what I need to do but all I can tell is that its much more different from the original when she just walks in when Gryffindor falls far enough behind.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Finally, thank you for the help, I found the walkthrough and didnt realize that I had to talk to Snape during the day which never does any good in the original so I never did it.

Siempre

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hrm... I have her corruption at 17, chit chatted with her, she got mad, it suggested perfume - I bought the perfume and got her happy - then waited another day and sprayed the perfume again and brought her into the room the same day. She said some stuff and I chit chatted again and she got mad..

And even when I spray the perfume and she comes in mad, she stays mad and what not. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, @.@.

kokotheworm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hrm... I have her corruption at 17, chit chatted with her, she got mad, it suggested perfume - I bought the perfume and got her happy - then waited another day and sprayed the perfume again and brought her into the room the same day. She said some stuff and I chit chatted again and she got mad..

And even when I spray the perfume and she comes in mad, she stays mad and what not. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, @.@.
She must not be upset before you give her the perfume , her mood must be neutral . You give her the perfume through the event , then she is pleased , after that you chit chat and ask about Daphne , she has her jealousy fit but if corruption is beyond 12 and you are on route 01 or 02 she will tell you about Daphne . You must talk to her just after the perfume event .