What's new

Re: Akabur Games

I mean a new game outside of Ren'py in full 3D where you explore the castle. Sort of a World of Whorecraft with Harry Potter characters.

Hmmm if im going to even attempt this I need to decide which engine to use choices are: Cryengine 3 or Unreal Engine 4.

New sort of update because Smersh's apartment is doing a reenactment of this:

I'm going with Unreal Engine 4, Cryengine is really buggy and does not have a free version and I am going to need the videos on how to use it or im going to stall before I even render Hogwarts. Hope I can add the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade as well.

I mean a new game outside of Ren'py in full 3D where you explore the castle. Sort of a World of Whorecraft with Harry Potter characters.

Hmmm if im going to even attempt this I need to decide which engine to use choices are: Cryengine 3 or Unreal Engine 4.

So, like those PS1 games? I loved the Philosopher's Stone on PS1, it was so fun.

In any case, you could use Unity too no? Also, you could also just do it in the RPG maker too. The latter would save alot of time and you'd just have to focus on the art mostly. Compared to your other options that is.

Well I never liked how Unity runs, an example of it being crappy is the Witch Trial game. Unfortunately Witch Trial is pretty close to my vision for my game and since RPG Maker is 2D and I cant 3D animate scenes in that I need to use an engine that was built for first person shooters, especially if I want combat with wands further down the line. So Cryengine and Unreal are my options but most people hate Cryengine so im going to attempt this in Unreal Engine 4. Going to see if I can find some way to at least get the entire castle rendered inside and out.

Last edited:

Not really confident that I can do it, I mean i'm describing the equivalent of what a AAA studio would be expected to put out. I mean even the guys considered the kings of this forum have never put out something even close to the scale i'm talking, but I dont do small projects and I dont have a small attention span so maybe I can do it. Just need to get all my animation programs and see if I can get the engine to mimic the castle, or else im going to be watching the movies a LOT to try to recreate the rooms.

I'm sensing around 10GB worth of castle textures and needing a monster PC just to render it

If the game starts ballooning that badly I will find a point to end the game that makes sense so that it doesnt get any worse. Also Unreal Engine has low detail settings and im making all this on a 1600x900 monitor using a GTX 660.

The funnest part for this is that the more characters I add, the bigger the audio file and budget for voice actors will be. If this starts getting to the point that I can actually finish it i'm going to need to officially start accepting donations on Patreon.

if you dont have previous coding experiences, your project wont end very well with only patron donations

I have never coded BUT I always learn things involving computers very quickly. I should be able to spend a week or 2 watching videos on coding in the engine and doing a few small projects before I start on a game like this. Also Unreal Engine is refusing to install for me so im looking for a different engine.

I have never coded BUT I always learn things involving computers very quickly. I should be able to spend a week or 2 watching videos on coding in the engine and doing a few small projects before I start on a game like this. Also Unreal Engine is refusing to install for me so im looking for a different engine.

Maybe you should try Unity, there is a demo for a game called Monster Girl Island done with Unity, and it looks really really good.

Playing around with the engines and coding is fine, but you should probably go dark on talking about it on a forum like this filled with end-users. Even people who have been coding and developing for most of their lives tend to produce embarrassing rubbish as they're learning new tools and languages. You're starting from nothing, so it'll be much worse. Next week I'll see a "velsomnia" on stackoverflow asking what "#include" does, worse.

Yeah I usually stay as far away from Unity as possible but it seems like it's the engine that will best fit my needs and be the easiest to code in. So only issue I have now is finding a 3D program that is good enough to make my characters and reading up on the creative commons law so I know how to tip toe around any law suits I might get over it.

You're kidding, right? You're not going to learn to code with any degree of proficiency in 2 weeks.

Yeah i'm working on seeing where a beginner can start, in the meantime i'm trying to translate Ghost House Gunsweeper. So i'm going to be busy with that for a day or two.

Back