What's new

alice in wonderland

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score
Re: alice in wonderland

You mean more than the original book, right? =P (in reference to Charlie) It wasn't meant to be a remake of the Gene Wilder movie, it was meant as a new adaption of the book (which I have yet to read, sadly :<)

Escape is rather good. I'm still awaiting them to release the third one.

As for Burtonizing it... he actually did a rather good job. You can't really make Alice in Wonderland weird, as its already fairly weird to begin with. I think the actor's did a wonderful job with this, they're who really pull everything off.
Escape from Wonderland is the third, isn't it? Wasn't it Return to Wonderland->Beyond Wonderland->Escape from Wonderland?

But as for the movie, it really doesn't look or feel appealing to me from what I've seen of it, as far as trailers and clips from the movie that I've seen - and I've barely heard anything good about it. I've pretty much heard that it's what Charlie was - Looks great, a visual acid trip, but that's just about it.
That and the Alice in the movie really puts me off a bit :|

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Escape from Wonderland is the third, isn't it? Wasn't it Return to Wonderland->Beyond Wonderland->Escape from Wonderland?

But as for the movie, it really doesn't look or feel appealing to me from what I've seen of it, as far as trailers and clips from the movie that I've seen - and I've barely heard anything good about it. I've pretty much heard that it's what Charlie was - Looks great, a visual acid trip, but that's just about it.
That and the Alice in the movie really puts me off a bit :|
Yeah... I'm waiting for Escape then... mixed up Escape and Beyond. Sorry bout that.

Though I gotta say, the girl they chose for Alice really did do a wonderful job. But, if it don't appeal to you, don't see it. Else you'll just be sitting back going "why am I here". That's happened to me a few times.

Twisted

Reputation score

Escape's out, if I remember right =P

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

There's also the American McGee's Alice that also fits as a more 'teen' Alice. By what I get, this bears some SLIGHT simularities to the new Alice in Wonderland, but no idea how much, haven't seen it.

Twisted

Reputation score

Yeah, last i heard was that there was going to be an American McGee's Alice movie coming out sometime in the surrounding years - and if this was supposed to be it, I will choke somebody. :)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, last i heard was that there was going to be an American McGee's Alice movie coming out sometime in the surrounding years - and if this was supposed to be it, I will choke somebody. :)
This was not it! American McGee had nothing to do with this new movie, and his version of Alice is in development hell. So he's off working on Alice 2, supposed to come out sometime this year to PC and console.

Sure there are some similarities, but the Cheshire cat was not an emaciated undead looking thing (with some great lines) in the movie. He was pretty creep looking in AM's Alice. Mad Hatter was evil, Alice herself ran around with a vorpal knife, croquet mallet, blunderbuss and so forth, cutting card soldiers in two in showers of blood and so on.

So yeah, there are a few similarities in that Alice is a teenager. There are huge differences in that in Burton's Alice doesn't want to fight, and in McGee's Alice is almost
borderline sociopath.

That's what American McGee's version looks like.

Last edited:

Twisted

Reputation score

thats because she was borderline psychopath.

and I know what it looks like- I have the game- thats why I said that if this was supposed to be it, I was going to kill somebody XD

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

thats because she was borderline psychopath.

and I know what it looks like- I have the game- thats why I said that if this was supposed to be it, I was going to kill somebody XD
The link was more for those who havn't played it.

Twisted

Reputation score

Oh, okay... my bad XD

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

keep looking for a torrent for it. Not one for horrorish games, but I'd be interested on giving it a go