What's new

RPG [Alice Soft] Daibanchou Big Bang Age

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

In the year 200X, a giant hole erupted in the middle of Japan, called the Demonic Hole. Its appearance caused the sea to split and the lands to bend. The entire Japan was twisted out of shape. Dark black B-Crystals appeared everywhere, bestowing special powers to some people. "Special Students", as those people were called, became the object of fear. Japan became ruled by violence and terror, and was cut off from the rest of the world.

A year after the appearance of the Demonic Hole, a Special Student with extraordinary strength and will managed to unite the Special Students throughout Japan. He formed the Student Union (S.U.) to bring order back to Japan, and Japan entered a new age. But the peace did not last long...

----------------------------

Another game by Alicesoft, who many know from Sengoku Rance. If you thought Rance VII was a horrible evil game whose very existence was to enrage and frustrate you, you ain't seen nothing yet. This game is hard. If one of your characters is killed in battle, they're dead. If a special character you wanted to recruit is killed in battle when you needed to capture them, they're dead, (although some need to be beaten in battle to capture, so it varies.)

The actual in-game mechanics are thankfully simpler, with there being only 3 main types of units; long range, middle range and close range. It's further complicated by each individual character having their own element, and in most cases one or more elements they get an advantage against. The game definitely takes a little practice to master; it took my third attempt at the game to clear it.

That said, it's a great game with a wide array of characters, two major story routes and plenty of h scenes. Highly recommended. I'm unsure if the english patch means the game doesn't require unicode, but I highly doubt it would. So I'd make sure you have Japanese unicode installed before you try.

(One file, must have megaupload premium))

or

You'll probably need 7zip to recombine them. I suggest getting it.

Includes comprehensive character walkthrough and other hints and tips, although I'm happy to answer questions here in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Daibanchou Big Bang Age

The pictures make me think of Advance Wars.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The pictures make me think of Advance Wars.
Yeah, I can see the resemblance on the battle screen. Gameplay wise, not so much though.

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

oh, I haven't realised this game has not been posted here yet.Probably because I saw Sengoku Rance thread quite a few times.

Are you following news on Rance 2 remake translation ?

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, this game...it's addictive as all hell, that's for sure @@. Expect to spend quite a bit of time on this one because the gameplay mechanics might screw you over if you aren't careful. (Ending up in debt because the over all pay of the chars you have is too high, having to reload a few times because the enemy got lucky and was able to counter and kill off a character despite the low percentage etc.) but the wiki page explains everything thoroughly enough so you don't get screwed over.

Similarly to Sengoku Rance, the main character Rouga wants to unite all of Japan. He is personality wise, not similar to Rance, so don't expect him to RAPE RAPE RAPE, but there's still a large amount of H-content to be found here despite that.

I'm still curious if anyone is going to pick up translating Daiakuji(which has a similar system to this game, heck, Big Bang Age is basically it's Spiritual successor), though asking for one of the recently released Daiteitoku might be too much for anyone since it just came out, but I'd really look forward to it if it was translated as well.

Completely unrelated rants about unfortunate experiences with the game go here.
I missed getting Kunagi's ending despite having her love lvl maxed out first. I probably raised Sanae's too much and her ending randomly got priority, I still don't really understand how that works @_@.

I really don't know how to trigger Elena's/the knight girl's h-scene either. I know you're just supposed to wait for an event to trigger with the Holy Flame after the Juggernaut finally stops moving but it never came up, it's probably a start of turn event but it never happened.

I couldn't clear Kyoko's daughter, the last few events to clear her last star never showed up. Doesn't help that you have to clear Kyoko herself to even have her daughter join.

I took too long with the Holy Flame. once they rise up they'll start killing off the local factions if they're still alive(they'll raid Sangoku and wipe out the NPI) so I missed the last student button and didn't get the true end(the end-game sequence just ends at Kamui if you don't have all of them. You don't fight his...transformed form or whatever the hell it was)
Are you following news on Rance 2 remake translation ?

I wound up lurking around and found their project status page on their forum. Looks like the translations itself for Rance 2 is done, just that they've run into problems with scripting and images. They're also planning on working on Rance 3 and 4.

Last edited:

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The game is pretty good, after all it is Alice Soft.
But it also has a high difficult, even with the translation cause of the time limit.

Krim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Eroges with actual game mechanics instead of Visual Novel bullshit makes my penis harder. Well done, OP. Looking foward part 2.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Part 2 is up now; the power of leaving the comp on overnight.

And yes, I'll put up Rance 2 as soon as I can.

Krim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Holy fucking shit! I'm addicted to this game.

One of the best things about it are the strict and explicit time limits to complete each of its three phases, as they force the player to move fast and be agressive. The next best thing is the fact that when a unit is defeated, it dies (I wish this game had an obligatory auto-save feature every turn).
The BP factor and its harvesting is just pure genius, as it changes the values of many character units and makes the game more tactical. Nevertheless, most units have a Loyalty gauge bar, which decreases with time (unless you place the units on a location with a certain type of building attached) making things more complicated.
Some factions, many characters (albeit not as many as in Sengoku Rance), more than one love possible interests, etc. A quite complete game.
That said, my favorite character is Nanana.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Ugh, can't stand her; but that's because she doubles enemy counter rate until you get her quite far. Her green haired counterpart is much better imo, especially as late game I often found myself needing more good short range combatants.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Advanced Wars!

Alicesoft style

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damn, i'm in a tight spot here, dowloaded unziped without a fuss, instalation starts but half way it quits due some sorte of error. Thought "maybe it's because i don't have jap regional lang" so i tried to instal it, yet it also quit with some sorta error. It's strange becaus i could even instal games wich required jap regional setting, so it hits me in tha face that this one didn't work, or maybe there's some other neffarious reson why it won't work. But that aside how the .... should i use Applocale for the english patch?

Last edited:

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Damn, i'm in a tight spot here, dowloaded unziped without a fuss, instalation strats but half way it quits due some sorte of error. Thought "maybe it's because i don't have jap regional lang" so i tried to instal it, yet it also quit with some sorta error. It's strange becaus i could even instal games wich required jap regional setting, so it hits me in tha face that this one didn't work, or maybe there's some other neffarious reson why it won't work. But that aside how te .... should i use Applocale for the english patch?
you couldn't install Japanese languages? Applocale will require you to install them anyway, IIRC.

Do you have Administrator rights? IF so, right click the program and click "Run as administrator". That might not be your problem, but I got no leads.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

you couldn't install Japanese languages? Applocale will require you to install them anyway, IIRC.

Do you have Administrator rights? IF so, right click the program and click "Run as administrator". That might not be your problem, but I got no leads.
Well it seems so that i know what the problem is. It requires the Windows XP Service Pack 3 cd to instal some important dll-s, unfortunetly my cd dosen't have those dll-s. so i'll need to search every little dll, download them and manualy mount the....it will be a looooong job.

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The BP factor and its harvesting is just pure genius, as it changes the values of many character units and makes the game more tactical. Nevertheless, most units have a Loyalty gauge bar, which decreases with time (unless you place the units on a location with a certain type of building attached) making things more complicated.

That said, my favorite character is Nanana.

The char that joins you from clearing her(I think) is awesome if I recall right, just that you have to bear with her skill that doubles the enemy's counter rate for a good while. That said, I'm also rather fond of her, but the other girl that could be recruited which Incubus mentioned (Hiroka I think?) gets very good evasion later on, maybe comparable to even Kunagi.

As a special note. During the late game where you start to have an absurd amount of characters and managing all their loyalty becomes a pain, there's an event in Hawaii that costs 1,000 BP that refills EVERYONE'S loyalty. Though you can also trigger the event for free if you get the ticket from the item shop girl's Lottery.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Great, i instaled the Jap regional lang thing, yet the game still dosen't want to instal, more strangely that the options and the instalation panel is completly blank with, even though the readme txt recognizes the kanjis.

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

hey mind if I ask if some of you can post save files? I played maybe like 6 hours so far and only unlocked like 5% of the gallery lol

recazt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Great, i instaled the Jap regional lang thing, yet the game still dosen't want to instal, more strangely that the options and the instalation panel is completly blank with, even though the readme txt recognizes the kanjis.
Try Applocate it works with me when i installed Daiteikoku.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ugh, I have a love hate relationship with these Fire Emblem games. Love the tactics and planning, being all strategical and stuff. But I HATE losing a character because the enemy got one lucky damn hit in, killing a character in a battle I've spent 2 hours carefully planning out. Then I got to start all over! AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!

Edit: What the hell is an 001 file?

Last edited:
OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Ugh, I have a love hate relationship with these Fire Emblem games. Love the tactics and planning, being all strategical and stuff. But I HATE losing a character because the enemy got one lucky damn hit in, killing a character in a battle I've spent 2 hours carefully planning out. Then I got to start all over! AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!

Edit: What the hell is an 001 file?
Well, there are no crits in the game, but there are still ways enemies can get lucky (counter) to kill someone you were certain would be safe. But battles are short and on a per turn basis, so you don't lose as much either.

As far as the part files, I don't have winrar, so I used 7zip to separate them into multiple parts. You probably need 7zip to recombine, but it can deal with winrar parts too so it's probably superior :3