Reputation score
Re: Alpha's Adventures [Yuri]

The digital game cover is now finished!

Zashs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The art is just amazing!

I especially love the one from a week ago where it looks like she's sleeping.

Last edited:
OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Second CG for Iori ~

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The art is just amazing!

I especially love the one from a week ago where it looks like she's sleeping.
Glad you like it! That was done by the primary CG artist, which just updated again ~

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Second CG for Iori ~
I knew the tables won't be turned for long, but i didn't expect it to be this fast! :p

Excellent CG! And that lovey-dovey background, oh my... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can you calculated the ETA for us, please?

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I knew the tables won't be turned for long, but i didn't expect it to be this fast! :p

Excellent CG! And that lovey-dovey background, oh my... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can you calculated the ETA for us, please?
She isn't called Alpha for nothing ;)
Glad you like it! As for an ETA, I'm still aiming to release the demo this January!

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The CG artwork for the demo is complete! I am now confident in announcing that the demo release of Alpha's Adventures will be launched on the 17th of January, alongside the Kickstarter campaign.

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have good news and bad news.
The bad news is that I have to delay the demo release/campaign launch until early February.

The good news is that I now have time to polish it, to make this the best release it can possibly be. To try and compensate for the delay, I'll be streaming the route of the heroine who wins the character poll.
I'll update again with the link when the poll goes live.

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Exciting news today, I'm happy to announce I have partnered with Sekai Project for this release!
A poll is being held to decide which heroine will get their route shown before the demo release, I'd greatly appreciate your vote:

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Reminder that the poll closes in 24 hours! If you haven't already, now is the chance to get your vote in!

YuriTenshi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I love the pure yuri approach that you're going with. Wish more games would do this. ^-^

Requiem21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You won't find a bigger yuri lover than me out there. Kindred, Aoi Shiro, Hanabira. I've played alot. When I entered the thread, I thought "Hey, Yuri Harem. Might be a nice VN."

That was until I saw the artstyle.
I've played through VNs with horrible artstyles as well but it's a rare award I'm giving you. You made me feel actually physically sick. This hasn't even come out yet and I already feel sick by that artstyle. Congrats to your artist, that almost made me lose my lunch.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You won't find a bigger yuri lover than me out there. Kindred, Aoi Shiro, Hanabira. I've played alot. When I entered the thread, I thought "Hey, Yuri Harem. Might be a nice VN."

That was until I saw the artstyle.
I've played through VNs with horrible artstyles as well but it's a rare award I'm giving you. You made me feel actually physically sick. This hasn't even come out yet and I already feel sick by that artstyle. Congrats to your artist, that almost made me lose my lunch.
My condolences.

So, will you still play this when it comes out? Cuz if not, you'll invalidates your own claim of being a biggest Yuri fan by dismissing this Yuri-centric game just because the artstyle is not catering to your taste.

Requiem21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

you'll invalidates your own claim of being a biggest Yuri fan by dismissing this Yuri-centric game just because the artstyle is not catering to your taste.
It's about quality really. I've played bad things before so I know what to look out for, the certain types of signs that warn you not to do something. It's part of growing up and developing a taste for things, you naturally acquire a sense for when something is bad and you shouldn't waste your time on it.

Alpha? Is that her name? Is a Chinese knockoff of Korra who's been programmed with the personality of Rance. Now my might think that's a neat thing but you've essentially created Frakenstein's Monster, a protagonist that lacks any depth like her skin tone and comes across as plain arrogant.

So yes, I'm a fan of Yuri. Quality Yuri. This is not quality. This is a VN that is pandering to tumbltards that will eat it up and will be forgotten in six months.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's about quality really. I've played bad things before so I know what to look out for, the certain types of signs that warn you not to do something. It's part of growing up and developing a taste for things, you naturally acquire a sense for when something is bad and you shouldn't waste your time on it.

Alpha? Is that her name? Is a Chinese knockoff of Korra who's been programmed with the personality of Rance. Now my might think that's a neat thing but you've essentially created Frakenstein's Monster, a protagonist that lacks any depth like her skin tone and comes across as plain arrogant.

So yes, I'm a fan of Yuri. Quality Yuri. This is not quality. This is a VN that is pandering to tumbltards that will eat it up and will be forgotten in six months.
Your whole complaint before was about the artstyle, why did you suddenly act like you know this game inside out and will never become quality yuri game?

That's very conceited of you.

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I love the pure yuri approach that you're going with. Wish more games would do this. ^-^
I know its not to everyone's tastes, but I'm a big fan of purity myself so its nice to see that I'm not alone in preferring it!

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You're entitled to your own view in regards to the art style, but I would like to refute some of your other claims.

"Chinese knockoff of Korra"
I created Alpha back in 2012, years before Korra even aired. I've never watched the show, so any similarities between the two is pure coincidence.

"programmed with the personality of Rance"
When designing Alpha, my aim was to create a strong headed and confident female lead. However a character is nothing without flaws, so I wanted to make her downfall her own arrogance and lack of morals.

So while I can see why those qualities would remind you of a "female Rance", a carbon copy is not what I intend for this character.

She has her own struggles and vulnerabilities, which is something you'll get to see for yourself in the demo if you ever decide to give it a chance rather than completely writing this project off at first glance.