What's new

Alpha's Adventures [Yuri]

Requiem21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Alpha's Adventures [Yuri]

That's very conceited of you.
Is it conceited to want quality?
Let's start over from the top then, shall we?
I can judge this game base on what's been presented so far. The CGs in the thread have an artstyle that burns my eyes. The characters presented I feel absolutely nothing for, there is no motivation for me to go through their story.

So you tell me, if there was an anime or a similar VN with bad artstyle and worthless characters, would you waste your time on that? No? Good answer.

So then, who is this VN designed to appeal too? Well, judging by the bad artsyle and the fact they put in a direct link to their tumblr in the OP, it's not hard to guess. So we have a VN with bad art, bad characters and appealing to the tumblr crowd. And you're okay with this? Speaks clear to me why you're defending this. But you're simply dismissing my points instead of actually trying to address them.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

My condolences.

So, will you still play this when it comes out? Cuz if not, you'll invalidates your own claim of being a biggest Yuri fan by dismissing this Yuri-centric game just because the artstyle is not catering to your taste.
How does he "invalidate" his own claim about being one of the biggest Yuri fans if he doesn't like a game? So, if I don't like the direction of a mind control/monstergirl game, I can't claim to be a fan of those genres? That's a pretty bigoted view.

I know its not to everyone's tastes, but I'm a big fan of purity myself so its nice to see that I'm not alone in preferring it!
The h-game scene is too over-saturated with it. Then again, the recent poll on what kind of protagonist most of you "degenerates" prefer showed female being over-represented and male being nearly a minority, so I wonder about this place...

You're entitled to your own view in regards to the art style, but I would like to refute some of your other claims.

"Chinese knockoff of Korra"
I created Alpha back in 2012, years before Korra even aired. I've never watched the show, so any similarities between the two is pure coincidence.
This just reminds me of that person who claimed they created the Axel character before Kingdom Hearts II introduced him. Anyone who doesn't immediately say "um, gonna take that with a grain of salt" and view your position with some skepticism probably isn't thinking too critically.

"programmed with the personality of Rance"
When designing Alpha, my aim was to create a strong headed and confident female lead. However a character is nothing without flaws, so I wanted to make her downfall her own arrogance and lack of morals.
Being "strong-headed and confident" doesn't mean you lack morals or are overtly arrogant to the point of making stupid mistakes and then ending up fubered for it. Being "confident" is about self-assurance that what you say/do is correct or, at the very least, you can stand behind it. "Strong-headed" means you're reluctant to change your ways even if it does cause problems for others. Neither negates the possibility that you'll mess up; but, at the very least, some possessing these qualities is likely to reflect and approach things differently.

I don't know much about the Rance character (the series never interested me), but I've heard about the character and seen enough of him to know he's an intolerable cunt for the most part with few redeeming qualities and your character sounds similar, but you also sound as though you want her to be punished for those qualities. Neat, but arrogance=/=confident. It's often a front for someone with low self-worth or living on the delusion that they're the greatest piece of ass in the world.

So while I can see why those qualities would remind you of a "female Rance", a carbon copy is not what I intend for this character.
I haven't played your game, can't say whether she's a bitch or relatable character, and I think it's a bit silly for someone who *probably* hasn't played it to toss accusations. That said, he probably knows more about the Rance series than I do and can comment on the similarities more than I can. You could just say "I drew inspiration from the Rance character, please tell me if it's a bad thing and if so, how can I improve on it?" You don't have to do anything he suggests, but it shows you're at least open to an opinion on something you might not agree with.

She has her own struggles and vulnerabilities, which is something you'll get to see for yourself in the demo if you ever decide to give it a chance rather than completely writing this project off at first glance.
I don't like this mentality. Saying "T-try the demo before you judge..!" tells me the person making that statement doesn't have an actual argument. He doesn't like the art-style(I'm personally reminded of any number of generic western developers, so I'll give it a pass for that and a few other reasons) and telling him to subject himself to an unpleasant experience to appease you is fairly shallow and immature. Is he denying himself the opportunity to bring up more points of contention about the game? Sure. Does that invalidate his current criticisms? Not really.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Let's start over from the top then, shall we?
I can judge this game base on what's been presented so far. The CGs in the thread have an artstyle that burns my eyes. The characters presented I feel absolutely nothing for, there is no motivation for me to go through their story.
"Quality" in any medium is purely subjective, though. Some people think the LAZER COLLECTION is a work of art while others (like me) think Satoshi Kon was a masterful director who was taken long before his time. You also have the right to judge this game based on what you have seen and nobody can take that from you. Honestly, these are good points and I think someone who says you aren't allowed to feel how you feel is trying too hard to white knight.

So you tell me, if there was an anime or a similar VN with bad artstyle and worthless characters, would you waste your time on that? No? Good answer.
That's debatable. There are people nowadays who look at Cyanide and Happiness shorts and think they're seeing Kubrick-tier art in motion. If you haven't interacted with those kinds of people yet, you're going to soon. Just remember that they're not retards, but people with different tastes. Or drink tons of alcohol because you were born with a rare disorder called "Being a Cynical Asshole". Here's a diagnosis:

There is no cure, but I've heard copious amounts of alcohol and marijuana help to alleviate the symptons. Please see your doctor before attempting a treatment to make sure it's right for you.

So then, who is this VN designed to appeal too? Well, judging by the bad artsyle and the fact they put in a direct link to their tumblr in the OP, it's not hard to guess. So we have a VN with bad art, bad characters and appealing to the tumblr crowd. And you're okay with this? Speaks clear to me why you're defending this. But you're simply dismissing my points instead of actually trying to address them.
Okay, son, gotta reel you back in here. The art-style doesn't appeal to you, me, and probably some other people. That doesn't mean you can happily discriminate against a demographic given that many devs on this site use tumblr. Hell, anyone with any kind of adult and/or publicly-available content is likely to have a tumblr. I also don't think character attacks help your argument. You've got a good position right now. Please don't resort to this kind of childish bs.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*whistle* now that's some heated discussion.
Well, i too actually doesn't want to elongates this, but... my pride (and maybe my stupidity) won't let me. Forgive me in advance everyone.

How does he "invalidate" his own claim about being one of the biggest Yuri fans if he doesn't like a game? So, if I don't like the direction of a mind control/monstergirl game, I can't claim to be a fan of those genres? That's a pretty bigoted view.
That's true and i actually agree with you, but the problem here is: he did NOT claimed that he's ONE of the biggest fan, no, he claimed that i won't find any bigger Yuri fan than he is. Yeah, i'm sorry but i'm being nitpicky there.

I'm calling you conceited not because you want quality, but because you suddenly bashing everything about this game.
At first you say the artstyle is not your cup of tea, so i say my condolences, because honestly i like the artstyle, and because you said you're a Yuri fan, i felt sad that you can't enjoy this game fully.
But then you proceed to mock the Developer's choice for a main character name, then accused of this game as non-quality game even though i'm sure you haven't even played it yet.

That's some act of conceit if you ask me.

Okay, that should cleanse my system. Still, this does form questions regarding the game.

Oh, OFFICERYOU! I have few questions! Does Alpha being named Alpha has some plot relevance? Or maybe Alpha is just a nickname? Or maybe it was her real name shortened?

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

...a protagonist that lacks any depth like her skin tone...
The implications of this line, no matter how you interpret it, are just so bad that I don't even know where to begin.
I honestly really want to hear what exactly you were going for with this statement, seriously.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The implications of this line, no matter how you interpret it, are just so bad that I don't even know where to begin.
I honestly really want to hear what exactly you were going for with this statement, seriously.
honestly, guys, leave him alone, i don't think it's worth the trouble.

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The art style's great, plus it's refreshing to see a yuri game that goes beyond the shitty generic character designs we see in every single other yuri game that exists.

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The art style's great, plus it's refreshing to see a yuri game that goes beyond the shitty generic character designs we see in every single other yuri game that exists.
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

people are criticizing the art? lol what

looks wonderful.

haurock

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

people are criticizing the art? lol what

looks wonderful.
yeah, I totally agree with that, it's a wonderful artstyle

also, even if it were bad it'd be better than some random generic 3D

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That's true and i actually agree with you, but the problem here is: he did NOT claimed that he's ONE of the biggest fan, no, he claimed that i won't find any bigger Yuri fan than he is. Yeah, i'm sorry but i'm being nitpicky there.
Semantics, man. You don't seem like the type of guy who needs to sink that low.

But then you proceed to mock the Developer's choice for a main character name, then accused of this game as non-quality game even though i'm sure you haven't even played it yet.
I think you're both trying to attach some dialogue to a criticism he had and adding a negative context to his choice in vernacular. That said, unless you've been living under a rock or are just feigning ignorance for the sake of arguing, there is currently a push in western media to "represent everyone equally" via shoehorning a non-white character with some kind of chip on their shoulder(Being gay, having six genders, etc) and what I think he was trying to insinuate was that the character being black was the developer pushing an agenda. Couple it with the fact she's "sassy", a lesbian, and has abs you could grate cheese on...

On second thought, I might give this a try. For *ahem* science.

yeah, I totally agree with that, it's a wonderful artstyle

also, even if it were bad it'd be better than some random generic 3D
Please define "random, generic 3D". Pretty sure even the two games I support don't use "random, generic 3D". This artstyle, however, is pretty "random, generic ani-maymay" stuff imo. Praise the art, but don't try and defend it and then talk shit about another style other people like please. That does nothing except instigate and cause drama.

And lord knows the developer doesn't need any more of that.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Semantics, man. You don't seem like the type of guy who needs to sink that low.
Well, i did say i was being nitpicky there :p and really, he's asking for it.
Plus, i meant that as a sarcastic joke anyway, it was never my intention to say "hating one creation with a certain genre gives you no right to claim you're a fan of that genre".

I was trying to get back at that guy cuz his complaint rub me the wrong way.

I think you're both trying to attach some dialogue to a criticism he had and adding a negative context to his choice in vernacular. That said, unless you've been living under a rock or are just feigning ignorance for the sake of arguing, there is currently a push in western media to "represent everyone equally" via shoehorning a non-white character with some kind of chip on their shoulder(Being gay, having six genders, etc) and what I think he was trying to insinuate was that the character being black was the developer pushing an agenda. Couple it with the fact she's "sassy", a lesbian, and has abs you could grate cheese on...
If that is really what that guy is meaning to say then he seriously need to work on his semantics. :p

Please define "random, generic 3D". Pretty sure even the two games I support don't use "random, generic 3D". This artstyle, however, is pretty "random, generic ani-maymay" stuff imo. Praise the art, but don't try and defend it and then talk shit about another style other people like please. That does nothing except instigate and cause drama.

And lord knows the developer doesn't need any more of that.
I don't think he needs to define them, cuz the very words of "Random Generic" is quite subjective. What he defines as random generic could actually be uniquely original to someone else. Also, i think it's obvious the keyword there is 3D. So semantically i think he's just saying he find quite a number of 3D stuffs that to him are left a lot to be desired.

----
One last thing, good luck with the project Officeryou! I'm eagerly waiting for the demo this Early February :D!

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That said, unless you've been living under a rock or are just feigning ignorance for the sake of arguing, there is currently a push in western media to "represent everyone equally" via shoehorning a non-white character with some kind of chip on their shoulder(Being gay, having six genders, etc) and what I think he was trying to insinuate was that the character being black was the developer pushing an agenda. Couple it with the fact she's "sassy", a lesbian, and has abs you could grate cheese on...
No, I'm pretty sure he was just outright saying the color of a character's skin determines their intelligence and/or depth of character.
Your version of things is honestly a really big stretch, and I get you're trying to play devil's advocate here, but come on, man. The guy who wrote that isn't bad at English in the least, and you'd have to be basically using Google Translate to somehow have the above intent while ending up with the final message he wrote.

I know full well of the "shoehorning in" characters thing, and I hate it, because characters should be created or be a character for the sake of being a character, not to push some sort of agenda or to be a "token character". I also hate it when characters revolve around a single trait and have to constantly tell the player they have this trait (whether that's race or gender or sexual preference or whatever else).

That said, I really doubt either of those is the case here, because nothing about this game comes off as that kind of shoehorning.

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm happy to announce that Iori's route will be publicly released tomorrow, with the full demo/KS launch happening on February 7th!

OP
O

officeryou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Iori's route is now free to download!
It's available on denpasoft on all platforms:

Or on mega for windows only:

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

who else is getting this error ?

(only the mega link, the other one seems to be fine.)

Zashs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You have to create an account on that site for a free demo? :confused:

The other link doesn't seem to work.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You have to create an account on that site for a free demo? :confused:

The other link doesn't seem to work.
it does, you just have to confirm that the site isnt accountable for the site you're going to get redirected to.

(you have to click the url at the bottom.)

-------------------------------------

and since i've played the short demo, here's some feedback:

What's really good, is definetely your writing. Might be, that my standards aren't set that high (i don't read any real novels are stuff like that in english), but it was really enjoyable for me to follow the mind and thoughts of our MC so closely.
The choices weren't that impactful (but i guess thats ... to be expected.), i'm hoping to see a little more from the full version.
Art was pretty good, the only thing you might wanna take another look at, would be the close-up of Ioris face, since the resolution was kinda low there.

After all a pretty well done, i'm looking forward to the full thing :)

ElisarStudio

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice begining! It will be nice to see your progect's development.