What's new

Amarant: Noble's Path

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Amarant: Noble's Path

Eh, I swore off these types of stories for a while, mostly because I used to go too...analytical with the choices. Well, for some anyway.

But regardless for now, simply voting B.

Why you might ask?

A, quite frankly, is a bit ludicrous unless the girls are planning to maintain the rather far fetched act for an indefinite amount of time, or "put up" so to speak. Hardly practical.

On the other hand, C, seems a tiny bit out of character based on what the girls have done thus far. If they were hardened and merciless adventurers, to which murder was the first answer to everything, I.E most PCs in D&D games... sure. But, they seem to be fledgling adventurers at best. So for the sake of staying in character, this is probably overboard.

Hence, by process of elimination, B.

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

First ask him a few more questions:
- Make it seem like the mage is controlling the captain. Jane starts “thinking aloud” how the reason the captain “seems different this time about” is because he is being controlled by the mage, and asks Jackson what he thinks about that: Is it because the captain is under a spell, or because the mage is keeping the captain under control via threats and/or promises. As an afterthought Jane asks Jackson if he is sure he can trust this mage
- “I will describe five people to you, and I want you to tell me their names.” Jane describes Riordan, Ulmag, and the trio they saw and avoided earlier, and asks for their names. They already know part of the answer and it will show Jackson that Jane and Maria know some things he never told them. Hopefully this will make it easier to convince him
- Ask where in Bayton to find him. Make it clear that while Jane and Maria don’t like visiting the city “because few men there know how to treat a lady – most care about nothing but their own pleasure” they can visit it if they feel like it – or if they have a good enough reason to visit it…

Make him go back to the others, but that he should not mention meeting Jane and Maria to anyone – at least if he wants more than just seeing them naked. If he refuses to leave or asks for something before leaving… we’ll decide what to do then.

If he leaves without any trouble give him a few minutes to get away. While waiting Jane stands in front of Maria and asks her friend if she wants to have some more girls-only fun “to help further weaken the moss’ effects on us” or if the two of them should be going (since Maria is sitting down on the floor she’ll likely get quite the view, but I’m sure she won’t mind ;))

If they don’t do anything sexual while waiting have Maria fix her dress as a way to kill time. Then the two get dressed and go down the stairs, trying to be as quiet and alert as possible

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

- Make it seem like the mage is controlling the captain. Jane starts “thinking aloud” how the reason the captain “seems different this time about” is because he is being controlled by the mage, and asks Jackson what he thinks about that: Is it because the captain is under a spell, or because the mage is keeping the captain under control via threats and/or promises. As an afterthought Jane asks Jackson if he is sure he can trust this mage
- “I will describe five people to you, and I want you to tell me their names.” Jane describes Riordan, Ulmag, and the trio they saw and avoided earlier, and asks for their names. They already know part of the answer and it will show Jackson that Jane and Maria know some things he never told them. Hopefully this will make it easier to convince him
- Ask where in Bayton to find him. Make it clear that while Jane and Maria don’t like visiting the city “because few men there know how to treat a lady – most care about nothing but their own pleasure” they can visit it if they feel like it – or if they have a good enough reason to visit it…

Make him go back to the others, but that he should not mention meeting Jane and Maria to anyone – at least if he wants more than just seeing them naked. If he refuses to leave or asks for something before leaving… we’ll decide what to do then.

If he leaves without any trouble give him a few minutes to get away. While waiting Jane stands in front of Maria and asks her friend if she wants to have some more girls-only fun “to help further weaken the moss’ effects on us” or if the two of them should be going (since Maria is sitting down on the floor she’ll likely get quite the view, but I’m sure she won’t mind ;))

If they don’t do anything sexual while waiting have Maria fix her dress as a way to kill time. Then the two get dressed and go down the stairs, trying to be as quiet and alert as possible
I'm going to second Moonblack.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Z Minor Action: To keep in character, and to keep teasing the poor man, Jane whispers to Maria "Allow him to help. . . making us proper." (Hmmm something along those lines but keeping up the fiction of the sexual cult.)

Denmu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Eh, I swore off these types of stories for a while, mostly because I used to go too...analytical with the choices. Well, for some anyway.

Why you might ask?

A, quite frankly, is a bit ludicrous unless the girls are planning to maintain the rather far fetched act for an indefinite amount of time, or "put up" so to speak. Hardly practical.

On the other hand, C, seems a tiny bit out of character based on what the girls have done thus far. If they were hardened and merciless adventurers, to which murder was the first answer to everything, I.E most PCs in D&D games... sure. But, they seem to be fledgling adventurers at best. So for the sake of staying in character, this is probably overboard.

This is was my line of thinking as well. As much as C may be beneficial to us, I don't think these ladies would do it. So I have to go with B

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Why you might ask?

Too analytical? Preposterous. I, too, agree with this action and reasoning. I might add as well Z: they should make him swear to keep silent about their presence IF he wants to receive his reward once the rest of his party has left the temple.

If he gets pushy, have Maria disintegrate his sword or something.

Gear47demon

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why you might ask?

... Yup.

moonblack

Reputation score

Looks like we all agree about letting Jackson go (I doubt we'll get enough votes for A or C to change that), so all that's left is to decide on the details, if any.

A small suggestion for Cevrik777: Maybe include the date of the last update in the thread title? This should help avoid any confusion about when the story was last updated, especially now that holidays are coming and people might get distracted by real-life commitments. Of course, it also means a bit more work due to having to make an extra edit with each new story update.

nightshade99

Reputation score

B. Let him go through the passage they come from saying that he passed the first test and she will find him later for an other one.

+These from moonblack :
moonblack said:
- “I will describe five people to you, and I want you to tell me their names.” Jane describes Riordan, Ulmag, and the trio they saw and avoided earlier, and asks for their names. They already know part of the answer and it will show Jackson that Jane and Maria know some things he never told them. Hopefully this will make it easier to convince him.

OP
Cevrik777

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Results:
B. Let him go through the passage they come from saying that he passed the first test and she will find him later for an other one.
Since there were 2 votes for sending him through the tentacle-path… I’ll leave it as a retroactive vote. As for the rest of the post, it will play out relatively similar whichever way he leaves as B is the unanimous winner. It, obviously, may affect him if encountered later…
First ask him a few more questions:- Make it seem like the mage is controlling the captain. Jane starts “thinking aloud” how the reason the captain “seems different this time about” is because he is being controlled by the mage, and asks Jackson what he thinks about that: Is it because the captain is under a spell, or because the mage is keeping the captain under control via threats and/or promises. As an afterthought Jane asks Jackson if he is sure he can trust this mage

Z Minor Action: To keep in character, and to keep teasing the poor man, Jane whispers to Maria "Allow him to help. . . making us proper." (Hmmm something along those lines but keeping up the fiction of the sexual cult.)
As for this minor action, I’m… not quite sure what you mean by this line nor what exactly you’re getting at. I have an idea, but it’s a little vague and wouldn’t really make that much of a difference either way.

A small suggestion for Cevrik777: Maybe include the date of the last update in the thread title? This should help avoid any confusion about when the story was last updated, especially now that holidays are coming and people might get distracted by real-life commitments. Of course, it also means a bit more work due to having to make an extra edit with each new story update.
Sure, it’ll only take a me a few extra seconds – what’s that compared to the time it takes to write the passage itself? Anything to help people know when the stories up!

Jane thought better of trying to keep up the ruse; while Jackson may have proven to be useful in some ways, the two nobles needed to get dressed and weren’t too keen on the idea of wandering through this temple naked just to avoid suspicion. But first, there was still some information the girls could get out of him or perhaps even manipulate him further…

Jane thought about the captain and this mage: What deal did they have? She was pretty confident in the information Jackson had given him, so she assumed that he was here for this “book”. What did the captain get out of this however? Was it as simple as gold? Or was there something else at play here? An interesting thought came to her as she grabbed Jackson’s attention once again, seeing just how omniscient she could make the two of them appear.

“Hm, Monroe seems different this time…” she thought aloud.

Jackson listened to her attentively, but did not speak. She saw him in the side of her vision as she pretended to be lost in thought. She allows for a few more moments to pass to let his curiosity build before she begins her next set of lies.

“Do you believe your captain to be the same man that he was prior to this venture? That is to say… do you believe this mage is entirely vested in the interests of him and his crew?”

Jackson seemed a bit confused, although clearly worried as well.

“Beggin’ yer pardon, but what do ya mean?”

Jane simply waves her hand about, dismissing her earlier questions.

“Never mind. All I want to know is: Do you trust this mage? Do you believe him to be above manipulating your captain? Through threats or magic?”

She can see the doubt within him plainly, his gaze actually leaving her form as he contemplates the question. He hesitates each time he tries to speak, finally managing to form a coherent thought after a few attempts.

“I… he may…? Only a fortnight I’ve been with them and less time still have I been around Tethlis himself. Maybe? But- but I honestly don’t know!”

He takes up the same concerned expression as he answers. Jane, while hoping for a more concrete answer, doesn’t pursue it any further, realizing Jackson probably answered to the best of his ability. She holds his gaze, attempting to keep him engaged as she thinks of more “trials”…

“I will describe five people to you…” Jane eventually starts up again. “I want you to tell me their names…”

Jane describes Riordan, Ulmag, and the trio they had seen in the larger chamber near the entrance. She already knew part of the answer, and it will show Jackson that the two girls knew quite a bit beyond what Jackson had already told them. She hopes he will see it as another trial, answering to the best of his ability.

“The two guardin’ the entrance are Riordan and Ulmag – They’re new from what I can tell, although not as much as me. They seem like troublemakers if ya ask me – never liked orcs and Riordan’s sick in the head.”

Of that, the two girls were very much aware.

“The other ones you mentioned were Napp, Emeer, and Chandra: the first two – the dwarf and the elf – are best friends and have been part of the crew for a while from what I’ve heard. The last one is the cap’n’s first mate. Don’t know much about Chandra himself, as he’s never one to talk much. I hear remarks about him from the others: something about an ‘edge’ or another. Dunno what they’re meanin’ though.”

So it seemed that the only two Jane and Maria had not actually encountered yet were Captain Monroe and Tethlis, the mage.

Jane was almost done with him, but had one final question for the sailor:

“Now, for one last question for you to answer…

Jackson fidgeted nervously, his anxiety growing as he waited

“Where in Bayton do you live?”

Jackson seemed taken aback, perhaps more confused than any other the other questions had made him.

“B- Beggin’ yer pardon… again? Ye want to know…”

“Where you live.” Jane finished as Jackson trailed off. “Oh, but don’t worry about us visiting Bayton: few men there know how to treat a lady – most care about nothing but their own pleasure.”

“W- well, if ya must know: I live behind the tannery near the north wall – smells somethin’ awful, but it’s cheap and comfortable.”

Jane noted how it was interesting this “sailor” live on the other side of the city from the docks, but she didn’t question it, instead, simply noting the location and giving him a calm nod.

---

With no more questions to ask, Jane thought it time that Jackson be on his way.

Retroactive vote: Do the girls let him go back the way he came, or do they force him to go down the path they had just come from?

“Now, for your last and final trial…” Jane began.

She turned around swiftly, walking back towards the stairs.

“Come.” She said, Jackson fumbling about as he attempted to follow with his pants down.

“This passage will take you back to the entrance… make it through and you will have passed our trials…”

She motioned towards the moss-covered entrance which they had come from earlier. For some reason, subjecting the poor man to this gave Jane a small thrill, perhaps enticed by the idea of him becoming as driven by lust as they were a few moments ago… or perhaps she was just unwilling to let him go back towards his comrades. Either way, they couldn’t keep up the charade forever and needed to get rid of him.

Jackson peeked down the passage, eyeing the tendrils warily. He was about to reach out to touch one when Jane spoke up.

“Do be careful now – those can be quite… aggressive. It would be a pity for you to fail now, when you are so close…”

“So, make it through here and back to the entrance? ‘S that it or… when will I see you guys again? When will I get my reward?” Jackson asked.

“In due time. Now, remember not to speak to anyone about us… this is your trial and no one else’s. Speak of us and you will fail.”

Jane tried to drive the point home, making sure Jackson didn’t betray their presence to the rest of the group.

Jackson seemed hesitant for a moment, but then his eyes seemed to burn with a will that Jane never expected from the man. He pulled up his pants and knelt down inching his way into the passage. A few motions, and the familiar clouds of moss being kicked up and Jackson's feet eventually disappeared from view.

---

Jackson stumbled down the passage. He had just managed to get past the last of the tendrils, his body burning with powerful lust. The moss made his feet slippery as he looked down the path. . . His mind wasn't on it, but instead on those two wonderful vixens. They were a bit scary but if he could find them again, oooh… after these trials he had no doubt they'd gift him a most wondrous reward…

With that, Jackson was on his way.

Jane turned to Maria, seeing her friend lounging back on the golden field. She chuckled a bit as she saw her, finding it amusing how she sat.

“So the other… sex spirit didn’t have any questions for our guest?” She continued to smile as she walked up to her friend. Maria returned the smile, along with a roll of her eyes.

“Oh, please… ” She laughed a bit, closing her eyes as she shook her head back and forth.

“I still can’t believe that worked. It should not have worked to be quite honest… but I guess Bayton isn’t renowned for their intellect now are they?”

Jane chuckled a bit as well, the two girls giggling as they found relief in the light-hearted moment. They stopped after a while, but didn’t say anything. They knew they’d have to resume their journey shortly, but for now, they enjoyed the silence and the lack of action. No one to fool, no enemies to fight, just the two of them… partially naked. In an ancient temple. It was almost enough to make Jane start laughing again, but she focused on something else for the moment:

The heat between her legs made for a constant distraction – it may have fueled her actions during her act not too long ago, but now, in the calm moment they shared, it called out to her. An idle hand now made its way to her sex, her fingers gently tracing along her labia. She was almost unaware of it until a moan escaped her lips, catching the attention of both her and her friend. Jane blushed, quickly removing her hand. Maria gave her a look she couldn’t quite read, the girl feeling a bit embarrassed to have been caught in such a way. Even so, she couldn’t help but ask her next question:

“Maria…” she began, “before we continue on, I don’t suppose you would be interested in trying to further weaken the moss’s effect on us?”

Maria quickly picked up on what Jane was suggesting. She looked away for a bit while continuing to smile, her eyes studying Jane’s body as she stood. The golden barrier behind the two girls finally fizzled out of existence, the yellow and green shades in the room returning to a calming robin-blue. Her eyes met Jane’s again and she came to within a few inches of her face before answering:

“The moment we shared was lovely, but… it was a very new experience as well. One, which I may need some time to digest if that’s alright with you? I- it wasn’t bad – far from it! But for now, I think we can handle the current state we’re in until it dissipates.”

Jane felt a pang in her chest, of what, she wasn’t sure. It was a strange feeling, perhaps one of sadness, but it quickly dissipated as Maria leaned in, placing her lips upon Jane’s. Any tension she had left immediately disappeared , Jane enjoying the short moment until Maria pulled back.

“Will that do for now?” she asked playfully.

“Well… I suppose it must.” Jane responded with the same tone.

The two noblewomen lingered for a few moments longer, taking in the sight of each other before eventually moving to collect their clothing.

---

Jane finished tying her boots as Maria fitted her quiver back on, the two girls now properly clothed once again. Their clothes, while a bit stiff initially, were now dry and free from the effects of whatever was on them. Maria had taken the opportunity to repair her dress as well, the garment now as perfect as when they had left the city – she hoped it would remain such throughout the rest of their venture.

The girls now prepared to continue on their venture, they slowly descended the stairs, Jane holding her dagger at the ready and Maria nocking an arrow into her bowstring.

---

There were only a dozen or so stairs between the two floors, the girls reaching the next room surprisingly quickly. They still kept watch for any enemies in the narrow corridor, but saw nor heard nothing. The blue light from before disappeared near the middle of the staircase, but returned near the bottom, the next room apparently holding the same light-producing globes. They neared the final steps, catching the feint scent of moisture as they finally entered the next chamber.

It was much larger than the previous one, almost ten times the size even. The walls and lights were now much darker before, taking on a hue close to that of navy blue. Teal lines angled about the walls, weaving up into the vaulted ceiling. A large pool occupied the center of the room, set in the floor itself. Each corner of the pool was home to a column that supported the vaulted sections of the ceiling. The floor itself was tiled, a series a small diamonds that repeated until it hit a wall.

Jane and Maria gazed about, taking a few more steps in as they examined the rest of the chamber:

The chamber itself was longer than it was wide, the way they had come from on one of the longer ends. Another passage seemed to extend out to the left, but no such passage existed on the right. Another path did exist at the far end however: another set of stairs that descended even further. They almost didn’t notice it at first, but as they stepped further in, Jane and Maria notice a hole in the wall on their left. It was big enough for them to walk through and the blue tile of the room gave away to harsh rock and uneven ground.

The pool in the center of the room was only five or so feet deep, the water crystal clear, allowing them to see every inch of the floor underneath. A set of stairs was situated on either side of the pool, allowing one to simply walk into the water.

A series of shelves seem to have been carved into the stone on the left side of the chamber, various pieces of parchment and broken glass lining the shelves. Nothing seems to be sorted properly, everything on the shelves lying in a mess. Other metallic and stone instruments also line the shelves, but, at the moment, neither girl has an idea of what they may do.

The girls notice a chest sitting on the right side of the chamber, nestled away in a shallow alcove. It appears to be made of wood, bound together with iron. Multiple marks and chunks of missing tile cover the floor around the chest, as though the piece of furniture had been pushed, dragged, and chucked across it many times before.

A grisly sight catches Jane and Maria’s eyes as they look back to the left side, noticing a pile of bodies slumped against the wall. From where they are standing, it seemed as though there were two or three rat-folk corpses, with what appears to be a body of another race buried under the bodies of the furry humanoids.

On the far side, situated on either side of the northern exit, were two statues: large and impressive, they each had a square base with a human-like figure atop it. Neither of the girls can make out the details yet, but they do notice a pedestal not too far away from the left statue, an urn or vase of some kind sitting atop it.

It seems there are quite a few elements of the room for the girls to inspect, but so far no enemies. The two noblewomen converse with each other about who should go where and what precautions they should take.

Map:

Voting removed to accommodate Character limit after adding Retroactive Vote.

Jane:
+ 2 corruption from behavior.
+ 1 Pleasure from Maria

Jane Theriner
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 128 lbs.
Breast Size: 34d
Hair: Brown. Shoulder length. Few bangs in front, rest pinned behind head.
Eyes: Green

Constitution: 20/20
Mana: 6/10
Cantrip Charges: 2/5
Corruption: 24/100
Pleasure: 5/20
XP: 65/100

(STR) Strength: d6 + 1
(DEX) Dexterity: d8 + 1
(INT) Intelligence: d10 + 3
(WIS) Wisdom: d8 + 2
(CHA) Charisma: d10 + 0

Spells:
Minor Cure Wounds (1 Mana): The caster concentrates on their wounds, healing themselves in the process.
Effect: Heal yourself for your INT + Base INT.
CT: Medium(20 Seconds). Range: Self. Gesture. Requires Focus.

Magic Armor(1 Mana): The caster puts a protective shield over themselves to ward off blows.
Effect: The caster has an armor value equal to their Base INT for 5 rounds.
CT: Short(3 Seconds). Range: Self. Gesture.

Fireball(2 Mana): The Caster shoots a ball of fire towards their foe that explodes on impact.
Effect: The target takes the caster’s INT die + Base INT in fire damage during the initial cast and 1d4 – 2 fire damage for the next 3 rounds.
CT: Short (5 Seconds). Range 30 ft. Gesture. Saving Throw: Dex (6+ to put flames out).

Wave of Force(2 Mana): A massive amount of force blasts forth from the caster’s palm, sending their opponent flying backwards.
Effect: Deals 2d4 + Base INT and send the target flying d4 x 5 ft.
CT: Short (5 Seconds). Range: Melee. Gesture.

Cantrips:
Comprehend Language: The caster closes their eyes and concentrates, able to understand whatever those around them are saying for a short period.
CT: Medium (10 Seconds). Range: Ear-shot. Duration: 5 minutes. Requires Focus.

Material Shift: The caster focuses, enhancing or weakening the strength of an inanimate material, such as wood or metal for a time.
CT: Long (60 Seconds). Range: Touch. Duration: 1 hour. Requires Focus

Create light: Create an orb of light to illuminate your immediate surroundings. This orb becomes solid once conjured and can be held, rolled, or otherwise manipulated.
CT: Short (3 seconds). Duration: 1 hour. Light Range: 20ft. Gesture.

Skills/Passives/Traits:
Mercantile Mind: +2 on rolls to negotiate the price of goods. +1 on rolls for any perception or sense motive checks involving the value of an item.
Charming: +3 to Charisma-based checks against Human, Elf, Dwarf, Half-orc and Half-elf males.
Mana Reserves: After casting a spell, roll a d6: On the result of a “6”, the spell uses 1 less mana.
Budding Diplomat : +1 to Diplomacy rolls.
Waning Aphrodisiac: -3 to WIS during Pleasure Resistance checks.

Sexual Experience:
First Kiss: Edwin Darnel
Stripped for Riordan and Ulmag
Teased by a Rat-folk
Temple – Maria.

Inventory/Clothing:

Dagger(Strapped to thigh): Damage: STR + d4
+ 2 to hit.

Mana Potion (x2): Consume to Restore 5 Mana.
Necklace of Invisibility: Allows Jane to become invisible for a minute. Touch and focus to use.
Ring of Bolt: Has one Charge of the "Bolt" spell.
Scroll of "Bolster"
Scroll of "Racking Pain"
Scroll of "True Strike"
Spell Descriptions can be found here, under the 3rd Spoiler.

Head: N/A
Chest: Pale silver blouse.
Arms: Long Sleeves from blouse.
Legs: Dark grey skirt, extends to just above knee. Dark stockings.
Shoes: Flat boots, brown leather, flat heel .
Brassiere: Black silk bra.
Underwear: Nothing.
Jewelry: Necklace of invisibility - small silver pendant.
Jewelry: Ring of Bolt – small gold ring.
Maria:
Maria Chauss
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 122 lbs.
Breast Size: 32c
Hair: Brown. Braided back into long strand.
Eyes: Blue

Constitution: 16/16
Mana: 5/7
Cantrip Charges: 4/6
Corruption:?/100
Pleasure: ?/20

(STR) Strength: d4 + 0
(DEX) Dexterity: d8 + 0
(INT) Intelligence: d12 + 5
(WIS) Wisdom: d8 + 0
(CHA) Charisma: d6 + 1

Spells:
Daze (1 Mana): Make contact with an enemy’s head and daze them, causing mental trauma. The target suffers 1d4 Mental Damage and is unable to act next round.
CT: Instant Range: Touch. Gesture
Saving Throw: WIS vs. Caster’s INT (Can only avoid 2nd round of stun)

Blind (1 Mana): The caster produces a searing light, blinding enemies and making them unable to act effectively for a turn.
CTL Short (3 Seconds). Range: Line of Sight. Gesture.

Barrier (2 Mana): The caster sets up a large field that will keep anyone or anything from passing through it as long as it remains active. The shield has 20 health and has no roll to hit when attacked. Once its HP reaches “0” or the caster stops channeling, the shield dissipates. The barrier does not consume additional mana for each turn.
CT: Short (3 Seconds). Range: Melee. Gesture.

Disintegrate Object (3 Mana): The Material Shift Cantrip in a much more volatile form, the caster sends forth a bolt of energy that eats away at any solid, inanimate object it hits. Permanently destroys one piece of enemy equipment or armor.
CT: Short (5 Seconds). Range: 25 ft. Gesture

Cantrips:
Transfer Mana: The caster channels their mana, sending it to another nearby magic user. The caster can send up to 3 points of mana with one cantrip charge.
CT: Medium (10 Seconds). Range: 30 ft. gesture

Create light: Create an orb of light to illuminate your immediate surroundings. This orb becomes solid once conjured and can be held, rolled, or otherwise manipulated.
CT: Short (3 seconds). Duration 1 hour. Light Range: 20ft. Gesture.

- Mending: Repairs a simple object or a piece of clothing.
CT: Long (1 Minute). Duration: Permanent. Range: Touch. Requires Focus

- Detect Magic: The caster attempts to scan a piece of equipment to see if it contains any magic.
CT: Medium (30 Seconds) Range: 5 ft. Requires Focus.

Skills/Passives/Traits:
Language: Ancient (Intermediate)
Magical Theory Prodigy: +5 INT
Studious Charm: +1 CHA
Archaeophilia: You have an obsession with ancient artifacts and relics, both magical and mundane.
"Waning Aphrodisiac": -3 to WIS during Pleasure Resistance checks.

Sexual Experience: ---

Inventory/Clothing:

Hip Quiver – Arrows: 13/20
Short Bow.
Damage: (STR + DEX) /2

Mana Potion (x1): Consume to Restore 5 Mana.
Corked Inkwell/Quill/Parchment
Rations
Lantern w/ Oil
Blaze Rod – Provides light for an hour.
Rope – 20 ft. worth
Book: “The Tarmen Journal of Academic study and Archaeological Findings. Vol. XXXVI”
Goblin Carving – Has a simple design. Carved by the goblins who used to inhabit the Coastal cave.

Head: Striped Scarf around neck. Large tear.
Chest: Teal dress.
Arms: Teal dress.
Legs: Teal dress. Simple cloth pants.
Shoes: Walking Boots.
Brassiere: Grey silk bra.
Underwear: Grey silk underwear.
Game/Dice Report:
Power Votes:
Gear47Demon: I
MoonBlack: II
Diagasvesle: I
Kasei: I
Tomaito: I
Xaero: I
1Cyka: I
Denmu: I
Minerve: I

Charisma Check – Jane vs. Jackson
Yeah, ya beat it – No Problem.

Event?
Rolled: No.

Last edited:

moonblack

Reputation score
Re: Amarant: Noble's Path - Dec. 9th

I really liked the short scene between the girls. Good to see that Maria remains open to more “fun" with Jane. Something to keep in mind for later, once they are someplace safe…

Retroactive vote: Send him down the moss path, but tell him to be very careful: "It would be a pity for you to fail now, when you are so close…"

Also tell him not to tell anyone about this encounter – HE alone earned the chance to pass the trial, not any of the others.

Primary vote:
Jane and Maria decide to stick together and try to be as quiet as possible. Each one examines each item while the other keeps an eye out for any danger. I guess this might count as an H for Maria.

First have Maria examine the pool and the water – they are already near it and Jackson did mention something about the water. If she discovers nothing Jane also examines the pool and the water in it.

Second they move to the right and examine the chest. This time Jane is first to examine it and Maria is second.

Third go examine the statues up close, starting with the closer one. While at it figure out how to best use the statues as cover if it comes to it, and also take a careful look down the stairs.

Fourth examine the pedestal – it might be the lock puzzle Jackson mentioned, or related to it. Don’t touch anything until they know what they are dealing with.

Fifth examine the bodies – those are likely the remains of the dead rat-folk and the guy that got killed by them. Check if any of them have anything of value, and also how the guy died – whether it was really the rats that killed him (not that I doubt Jackson’s honesty, but…)

Sixth take a look at the other passage (which is likely where Chandra and co came from earlier) and the hole in the wall (likely where the rats came from).

Finally examine the shelves and the items on them.

So basically a counter-clockwise examination of the things in the room, with Jane and Maria sticking together and one of them keeping an eye out for danger while the other examines stuff. While the two splitting up would be faster this is the safer way, and if one of them misses something the other might notice it.

By now Chandra is likely back to where the captain and the mage are, but we still don’t know where the rest of the men are.

Denmu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I really liked the short scene between the girls. Good to see that Maria remains open to more “fun" with Jane. Something to keep in mind for later, once they are someplace safe…

Retroactive vote: Send him down the moss path, but tell him to be very careful: "It would be a pity for you to fail now, when you are so close…"

Also tell him not to tell anyone about this encounter – HE alone earned the chance to pass the trial, not any of the others.

Primary vote:
Jane and Maria decide to stick together and try to be as quiet as possible. Each one examines each item while the other keeps an eye out for any danger. I guess this might count as an H for Maria.

First have Maria examine the pool and the water – they are already near it and Jackson did mention something about the water. If she discovers nothing Jane also examines the pool and the water in it.

Second they move to the right and examine the chest. This time Jane is first to examine it and Maria is second.

Third go examine the statues up close, starting with the closer one. While at it figure out how to best use the statues as cover if it comes to it, and also take a careful look down the stairs.

Fourth examine the pedestal – it might be the lock puzzle Jackson mentioned, or related to it. Don’t touch anything until they know what they are dealing with.

Fifth examine the bodies – those are likely the remains of the dead rat-folk and the guy that got killed by them. Check if any of them have anything of value, and also how the guy died – whether it was really the rats that killed him (not that I doubt Jackson’s honesty, but…)

Sixth take a look at the other passage (which is likely where Chandra and co came from earlier) and the hole in the wall (likely where the rats came from).

So basically a counter-clockwise examination of the things in the room, with Jane and Maria sticking together and one of them keeping an eye out for danger while the other examines stuff. While the two splitting up would be faster this is the safer way, and if one of them misses something the other might notice it.

By now Chandra is likely back to where the captain and the mage are, but we still don’t know where the rest of the men are.
I agree with all of this. Having both of them examine everything ensures that we have a better chance of noticing anything since they both get a roll if one is needed.

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Primary vote:

Jumping on this.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Moonblack's thought out post.

Primary vote:

Bandwagon yay.

Also that minor action I suggested before was suppose to be vague.

Gear47demon

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Primary vote:

I shall bandwagon as well since, well, it's almost exactly what I was typing up before I realized moonblack had said it all :D

nightshade99

Reputation score

Same as moonblack.

xaero

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

moonblack's

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Does it even matter at this point? All for one, and whatnot.

OP
Cevrik777

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Does it even matter at this point? All for one, and whatnot.
To be entirely honest? Only a tiny bit: Each additional vote does count towards the power vote count and provides another nagging sensation at the back of my mind telling me "You should probably get to writing tonight..." :rolleyes: ... Which I will be doing. (Although it will probably be submitted sometime in the morning.) But, as a rule, if the first 5 posts in a row are pretty unanimous, you can expect the next update within 2 days - I've just been a bit busy this time.

Last edited: