What's new

RPG Ci-En [Amatsuchiya] テイクエ (RJ320360)

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Nice to see that there's some sort of update on this. I'm eagerly anticipating this games release, and looking at the animation sprite it's looking like more of the good stuff out of saki quest - Hype is real!

Mashi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Damn, i saw the thread being updated and i though that the dev updated FINALLY the ci-en...

He's been MIA for a while (Since February) but i see he replies the comments people leave there sooo....he's still there i suppose?
They were like that on their old blog too. They'd reply to comments quite often, but direct status updates were few and far between. But the end result was still great.

OP
A

a8571003

Demon Girl
Reputation score
They have mentioned in a recent response that they didn't plan to update their blog until a trial was ready, but since so many people were asking that they would try to give an update before then.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Given the numbers of years that has gone by, this game cannot just be a copy and paste of Saki Quest.

The screenshots seem to indicate it is not.

Let's hope that Saki Quest wasn't a fluke.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
They have mentioned in a recent response that they didn't plan to update their blog until a trial was ready, but since so many people were asking that they would try to give an update before then.
Weird, google translate says from the dev:

"Maybe in July, *emoji* maybe"

Tabun
means maybe right?

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Let's hope that Saki Quest wasn't a fluke.
Eh, Saki Quest wasn't a particularly good game though, and i used to love Amatsuchiya's stuff back then...

I mean ever since then there have been much, much better H-RPG's around to the point that the systems that Amatsuchiya employed at the time now seem archaic and unwieldy... For example whenever i remember just how much grinding just the hentai aspect of Saki Quest required in order to get anywhere with it (grind 250 lewdness for several hours just to be able to remove her... shirt, lol), i seriously question my sanity for actually having the patience to grind to 999 lewdness at the time to actually get to some even remotely interesting content...

Anyway this is all just me voicing my opinion on the matter, so do take it with a grain of salt...

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Eh, Saki Quest wasn't a particularly good game though, and i used to love Amatsuchiya's stuff back then...

I mean ever since then there have been much, much better H-RPG's around to the point that the systems that Amatsuchiya employed at the time now seem archaic and unwieldy... For example whenever i remember just how much grinding just the hentai aspect of Saki Quest required in order to get anywhere with it (grind 250 lewdness for several hours just to be able to remove her... shirt, lol), i seriously question my sanity for actually having the patience to grind to 999 lewdness at the time to actually get to some even remotely interesting content...

Anyway this is all just me voicing my opinion on the matter, so do take it with a grain of salt...
Oh I don't take offense to that at all.

This is me speaking as a "boomer" website member. Back in the day, it was one of the best H games ever.

These days, compared to better mechanics like those by Circle Kame and Rabbling Rabbit, and games like Protector of Public Moral Asagi, Saki Quest is outdated.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, Saki Quest is so old that most peoples have unconsciously put a shine on it's good point and forgotten / reduced it's bad point. That's the passage of time & nostalgia at work.
And with so much time, peoples tend to have way too much expectation of the game.

Saki quest was one of the first H game I played in english, I got very good memories of it. And I both wait and fear this game release (because of the aforementioned reason)....

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
After nearly 1 year since the last status update in his ci-en, the dev as posted once again to "inform" he's alive

Google translate mentions that he will do a status report at the end of the month. I'm neutral on it, it feels that he'll just post what happened to him and the whole silence of the game, i actually feel that he hasn't even finished the game at all since his disappearance on the comments since august (pixel art might be too hard to do and animate). Although i really want his status report to be good mentioning that he finished it already and is ready to release it later on

imabaka

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After nearly 1 year since the last status update in his ci-en, the dev as posted once again to "inform" he's alive

Google translate mentions that he will do a status report at the end of the month. I'm neutral on it, it feels that he'll just post what happened to him and the whole silence of the game, i actually feel that he hasn't even finished the game at all since his disappearance on the comments since august (pixel art might be too hard to do and animate). Although i really want his status report to be good mentioning that he finished it already and is ready to release it later on
i seen he updated and from what i can understand a demo should be early march and maybe a release in May.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yeah they even make a comment about "you'll just say I've said this before but I mean it" (I'm paraphrasing a little here, the literal translation said you can shoot them or something but you get the idea)

So, here's the thing about SQ (and, yes, I'm biased, it was both the first game I got heavily into and first serious translation I ever did. But hear me out.)

SQ was great for it's time, not so much in that it was ahead of the curve or anything but that it streamlined and combined a lot of concepts and had a high degree of freedom for a VX game.
For example at the time, most games "clothing" system was basically, full costume on or off. With the exception of VH that level of detail just wasn't common.

Though just to touch on that point of grinding Lewd stats and clothes, the big flaw about this game is also what I just praised it for, it's detail. There's a TON of variables & scripts controlling that one singular "Lewd" stat that's displayed on the status screen. The clothes for example isn't based off that "Lewd" stat at all, it's based off a "Shame" stat that's not displayed in game, but that Shame stat is tied directly into the Lewd stat which is also influenced by State effects, equipped skills etc.
It's why you can't actually directly change that base "Lewd" stat with cheat engine or even VX's own debug tools, something else instantly updates it back to the value it was at.

And I think that's also the reason there's been so little news about this new game, this dev is their own worst enemy when it comes to going into detail. The amount of text that changes based on different things and not the only stat it actually displays is crazy.

As for this point : I mean ever since then there have been much, much better H-RPG's around to the point that the systems that Amatsuchiya employed at the time now seem archaic and unwieldy..

Well, yeah, that's just kinda progress though really. MV embracing JSON over Ruby was a huge change in the ability to make actual decent plugins and extentions that could drastically change the game, VX's ability in that regard was...."meh" at best.

And that's the point that has me worried about this new game, I'm super excited for it, but I wonder just how much this dev will take advantage of those plugins or will it just be a base game with all the processing done through events like SQ, because that will definitely make it feel clunky and old.

Edit: Though I should say, the little mini game they released last year on MV seemed to use a few plugins and scripts pretty effectively. There's not many but it's a small game so I still have hope they'll use it to it's potential.

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Welp, about 24 hours left until we're technically no longer in 'early March' by DLSite standard (they split the month into 3, early/mid/late)

herovip0903

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The author just announced that he had applied the trial version to dlsite, so we should expect to have the trial tomorrow. Here is the post about his announcement

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Didn't expect he would actually release it on early march actually

I know it's a bit "It's just 1 day", but that's how it is with this dev. Even if he said that he would release april-may, i go for late may

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Wow I was going to reply yesterday saying not to get our hopes up but, dang.

Also, was not expecting just a straight up gun 😂

Ellu Fishi

Reputation score
...is she going to do the quiet kid in the back meme ?
Anyway, looking forward to trying the demo out

herovip0903

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Here come the trial version

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Here come the trial version
Demo was okay. A little bit laggy in certain parts

Although i have no idea why does the dog have the " ! " marker on top of him, since i don't know japanese every time i leave a building he has it

There's only 2 scenes right?
-Sewer Thug
-Wolf

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
* After rescuing the kitten from the forest, there's also a slime dungeon when you go to your partner and choose a job (with a star next to it).
* You can get the dog as a companion by going to the department store and buying a collar.
* Also, go back to just before the first dungeon. You can now enter the building north of the entrance, and hire the people inside to rescue your mom. Then sleep a few times and the rescue will happen. Oops, you put your house into hock to do so, and this starts a couple other quests, none of which are complete.
* The compensated dating works by talking to the men with the hearts over their heads until she decides that talking with them isn't so bad, and then she starts getting a choice to arrange a date. Second option in menu, third sub-option (looks like a cell phone) lets you accept and choose a place for the date. Then you have to the spot you chose (in the park or in front of the subway). You can greatly increase the number of potential dates on the streets by going to the fortune teller, choosing to buy charms (2nd option) then buying the middle charm and equipping it.

None of this is very easy if you aren't using a machine translator. You should visit the translation section and get RPGmakerMVgameHookPatcher to extract then something like Translation Aggregator to do the translation. Mtool probably works as well, haven't tried it because I didn't feel like waiting to midnight for the servers to clear.

Last edited:

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Thanks for the info.

Also, seem that after 110-100 sexual experience you get half the heart, also if you get defeated, you have to do like a number minigame, if it's lower than the one it's there you get raped