What's new

RPG Ci-En [Amatsuchiya] テイクエ (RJ320360)

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Does the compensated dating thing ever go anywhere in the trial? All my customers have just offered me tea and crumpets so far.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Mtool probably works as well, haven't tried it because I didn't feel like waiting to midnight for the servers to clear.
Just tried it there, seems to work just fine so far. Though it does seem a bit prone to cutting off text quite a bit more often than in most games I've used it with so far.

Edit: For those using MTool to translate, to solve the text clipping issue, on the main tool itself (the one you click and drag the game to, not the in game one) change the font at the bottom to "Microsoft YaHei UI Light" (or really anything that looks readable, but it's a nice enough font.).
Then, in game, go to translate menu, and set the "Font Size" to about -7. You will have to restart the game for this to work. This has solved most of the issues for me, one or two letters still get cut off but nothing serious. You could go lower with the font but it gets a little hard to read.

Edit 2 : Some useful short cuts for those who care, hold Page Up and press "Menu" button to bring up H-Stats instantly. Hold Page Down and press "Menu" to bring you directly to the skills menu. These can be changed to anything really, including the save option!!

To do this :
Go to the 4th option along the top in the menu.
Go to the 3rd item down (under the laptop icon, the first gear icon)
Pick the first or second option for page up or page down shortcut respectively.
From there the options are : H-exp, Save, Load, Skill, Items, Equip, Cancel.
Once you've set one it will bring you back to previous menu, if you're happy with it, pick 3rd option.

Last edited:

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Monkeyman, will you be doing a full translation of this like you did SQ all them years ago?
Once it has been released of course :D

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Maybe? I'm not sure to be honest.
1) I get bored really easy
2) I usually end up hating the games I TL, and I really don't want to do that with this one.
3) TLing has changed pretty drastically, SQ was mostly self contained in common events with little scripting changes needed, now that MV/MZ is more robust a lot of devs are using scripts more, which means way more bug testing etc.

4) MTool, while not perfect, does a great job of translating , to the point where I actually use it myself 90% of the time, so I can see a lot of people using that as it gets updates.

Never say never, but considering how slow I am, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else or Kagura got a hold of it before I do 😂 might do a partial though.

Now on to my feelings about the demo :
I like it, I like it a lot. Some things feel a little rough around the edges but I'm putting that down to it being an older trial version.

2 nitpicks I do have are the clothing, I was only complimenting SQ for the different layered clothes, seems this one just has "Uniform" . There's also 1 case of a reused asset from SQ, the post combat defeat to the wolves is nearly identical to the SQ one, just scaled up.

Things I do like : the spilt panel view in combat rape, that's some good shit.
The fact that it actually scales in full screen, and looks REALLY well not stretched or blurry. There's loads else I like (like the seeming ability to skip the entire main story and start a second one by having your mother rescued instead of you doing it).

Either way, excited for this.

Edit : right after I posted this there was another update on Ci-en talking about bugs that will be fixed in release (and also a list of available H-scenes in the demo, one of which I haven't heard anyone mention yet is the convenience store at night time)

Basically the gist of the article is :
  1. Main map is too big, they're looking at splitting it up or adding a minimap (personally I like the size and didn't find much of an issue with it beyond the walk speed)
  2. Increases to item collection rates in dungeons.
  3. The equipment screen is hard to see, they're looking at repositioning certain things but its mostly an issue with MZ's menu system more than anything (I've found using the "Brick wall" background that you find in the first dungeon helps alleviate this a little.
  4. People thinking it's weird to redress after being stripped naked, but that's a feature not a bug, SQ was the same, if you didn't meet the requirements to be without that item of clothing, she'd redress even if it was torn. They mention maybe making that a little clearer.

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
The basic plot at the start.
The world have magic and you can split the users into 2 groups. The outlaws that use it for criminal selfish purpose, and the polices that try to stop them.

MC(default name is Reika but you can change it) has magic, but didn't think that much of it.
Until her mom disappeared (likely kidnapped) and she join the police to search for her
Then at one point she met Mia and the two has been partner in the work since.

After the tutorial mission you learn that.
the strength of your magic is based on your desire of the 3 basic necessities - food, sleep, sex

of course you can only get so hungry/sleepy, so that leave the sex thing i.e. the hornier you are the stronger your magic is, this is why a lot of the enemies are rapists

and of course this is when Mia offer herself to be your partner

There's loads else I like (like the seeming ability to skip the entire main story and start a second one by having your mother rescued instead of you doing it).
I think it's possible that's the only way actually, since it's heavily implied that 'rescue shop' might just be a front for the rapists, and the 'father' seem to be taking a role similar to the janitor in the earlier game (i.e. the blackmail route)
Though at least you don't need to become his slut to get skills this time.

Some random things I notice while playing around with save editor/looking through decrypted files
The black bar in H status window will become more transparent the higher your lewdness value, disappearing completely at max value (900+, or 1000+)

There's going to be train molester, though not available in the demo

You can have the old man grope Mia with his skill, though I'm not sure if the author plan to give him an option to have sex with her too.

There's stats listed for a few more characters, some with their face picture in the file.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Maybe? I'm not sure to be honest.
1) I get bored really easy
2) I usually end up hating the games I TL, and I really don't want to do that with this one.
3) TLing has changed pretty drastically, SQ was mostly self contained in common events with little scripting changes needed, now that MV/MZ is more robust a lot of devs are using scripts more, which means way more bug testing etc.

4) MTool, while not perfect, does a great job of translating , to the point where I actually use it myself 90% of the time, so I can see a lot of people using that as it gets updates.
  1. People thinking it's weird to redress after being stripped naked, but that's a feature not a bug, SQ was the same, if you didn't meet the requirements to be without that item of clothing, she'd redress even if it was torn. They mention maybe making that a little clearer.
Funny enough i checked out using Translator +++, but it totally broke the menu screen of Save and Load, i think there's even better tools now to use, i should try checking out MTool.

Also regarding of that "feature", i think that's the point of it like in SQ, since she's still low in sexual experience/lewd she wears back her clothing even if ripped apart, i suppose when she's more lewder she'll be able to be naked. Kinda hope theres more "variants" to the kissing when she gets molested, like accepting the kiss back

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Though at least you don't need to become his slut to get skills this time.
That's been a feature of every game, I don't doubt that we'll see it in this one too 😂

Some random things I notice while playing around with save editor/looking through decrypted files
I did a similar thing, and though I tried not to spoil much, here's one or two more for those interested
Mentions of hypnosis in the switches and variables,
Mia and Reika have a fair few scenes together, but Mia has a few on her own too

Funny enough i checked out using Translator +++, but it totally broke the menu screen of Save and Load, i think there's even better tools now to use, i should try checking out MTool.
I highly recommend MTool, I'm using it near constantly now and it's very rare I come across a problem that can't be figured out (or isn't updated quickly)

Also regarding of that "feature", i think that's the point of it like in SQ, since she's still low in sexual experience/lewd she wears back her clothing even if ripped apart, i suppose when she's more lewder she'll be able to be naked. Kinda hope theres more "variants" to the kissing when she gets molested, like accepting the kiss back
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought about it too, at low lewd it's "I'd better cover up even if these clothes are torn to shreds it's better than nothing" mid lewd is "eh, I guess I can go without my shirt" and then naked.
As for variants, by the looks of the molester scene in the sewer the Event CG's at least seem to be really detailed with eye movements etc, this Dev has always been pretty good with variation in scenes. Post battle CG seem to be more of a summary screen now than actual event, with the real variations being in battle, and even from the few examples in the demo, I'm looking forward to it, I really like the layout of the combat animations. And also, the pixel art is great too!

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
That's been a feature of every game, I don't doubt that we'll see it in this one too 😂
I mean, each character has a "Skill Tree" skill to go to their own skill list, so you literally don't need to bother with him at all to get any of your personal skills.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
What do you have to do to continue after getting defeated? I just get a screen with some text that says 10 "§%§& (60)
and an ever changing number above that. No button does anything besides "W" which makes the numbers change faster

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Well I've no idea why your text is messed up (probably locale settings if I'm to guess)

But basically, press and hold any of the move buttons. It's a roll the dice game, if you get higher than the number, Reika escapes, if you get lower, well...

I mean, each character has a "Skill Tree" skill to go to their own skill list, so you literally don't need to bother with him at all to get any of your personal skills.
Yeah just saw that on their blog there, I still wouldn't be too surprised if some if earning those were locked behind certain events being completed, and probably the other way around too, I'm looking forward to it, I always liked the "equipable lewd skills" from SQ, you could drastically alter the difficulty with them

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well I've no idea why your text is messed up (probably locale settings if I'm to guess)

But basically, press and hold any of the move buttons. It's a roll the dice game, if you get higher than the number, Reika escapes, if you get lower, well...

Yeah just saw that on their blog there, I still wouldn't be too surprised if some if earning those were locked behind certain events being completed, and probably the other way around too, I'm looking forward to it, I always liked the "equipable lewd skills" from SQ, you could drastically alter the difficulty with them
Thank you, the directional buttons were the only ones I didn't try.
My text isn't messed up, it is like it is supposed to be. I just can't write japanese with my keyboard, and used the symbols that were closest to the letters.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, in the trial the support lv 2 skill for Mia requires 'daughter lv 1' as a condition, which might be similar to how Reika get 'targeted by adoptive father' and such for different events progress.

Or maybe it just requires giving birth (can't get pregnant in demo so can't test that)

So it's possible there's skills that's locked behind certain event/sexual act, but at least it's not like SQ where if you ignore the janitor you're locked out of skills entirely.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Eh, yeah that's fair, nowadays if I go back to SQ that's definitely the one bit I cheat through early on. It's a weird one, I found it fun the very first time I played but it also makes replays a pain in the ass

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score
sooo so far the only H combatable enemies is the rapist at the start, the wolves and the big slimes. Any others or is that it? I just finished the slime quest to get som1's kid back and I think I might be at the end of the demo.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
That's it for now, there is a scene if you go into the Convenience market at night when it's empty (random chance), Mia can come with you and be collateral in post combat scenes but that's pretty much it for now.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
That's it for now, there is a scene if you go into the Convenience market at night when it's empty (random chance), Mia can come with you and be collateral in post combat scenes but that's pretty much it for now.
You can interact with the magazine shelf on the bottom right to just randomize the customers state (or even just straight to night time)

Sadly all scenes seem to trigger just lv 1 stuffs, but there's hints to other things if you decrypt the demo/boost some stat beyond the demo limit.
The option for the father to fuck Reika when you talk to him at home (it doesn't do anything though)

Gaining lv 2/3/sex friend status with the store clerk, which trigger a new 'calling out' picture where it show her post-sex with him...then I get spammed with image error :v also talking to him after still trigger just the first scene.
Once you get further in Mia's story (well, after bumping the 'progress with Mia' stat) the text when they kiss change as well as Reika's reaction after it.

There's files for having sex with either the father or the people you do compensated dating with (including gangbang it seem)

There's also an image file with what might be future gallery mode, showing sample image of multiple scenes (like what seem to include Reika's daughter or younger sister that mom birthed during her captivity)

sooo so far the only H combatable enemies is the rapist at the start, the wolves and the big slimes. Any others or is that it? I just finished the slime quest to get som1's kid back and I think I might be at the end of the demo.
Technically the end of demo is when Mia tell you about a letter from one of the OG outlaws, a phantom thief who like to steal beauty-related items.
The letter is about her going to steal something from the next town over, so it'd be introduction to the train system but that's end of demo :v

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Hoping the dog companion gets scenes, but yeah, till Late May

2 months and half to go

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm somehow having trouble just saving my game. nothing in the normal menu or the hub room seems to do it. Partly my fault because I'm too lazy to try any translation methods at the moment.

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm somehow having trouble just saving my game. nothing in the normal menu or the hub room seems to do it. Partly my fault because I'm too lazy to try any translation methods at the moment.
I almost came here to ask the same, right before i found it. In the menu, go to the selection on the left bottom... The one selected here

where is save.jpg

it'll bring up this next menu

here is save.jpg Which i labelled real fast here.

I messed with her entire house up and down after the tutorial dungeon trying to find this thing, myself.

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Alright, thanks for the help man. Hard to figure this stuff out when you're playing one handed, you know what I mean?