What's new

Ancient Lands CYOA

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Ancient Lands CYOA

1 Ellona... No matter how you slice it... A walking breathing Med-Kit is always usefull...

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My favorites are Tham, Cellimoor, and Syr, and it's really hard to pick!

Tham because weather sense sounds really neat, and I like meself a fiesty lady. (maybe weather control later on?!)

Cellimoor because it makes her adventurous and never content, a forest girl? :)

Syr because she'll need a little luck along the way...and because I'd so want the goddess of the stars on my side.

But since I have to pick 1...

C! Tham, Lord of Storms

Reputation score

I'm torn between Ellona for the reason Master Bei Shun stated, Syr for the reasons Ranger Princess said or a custom god with a hell of a lot of positive modifiers to Luck. We're going to need it.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luck is not an official attribute. The Boon Marked by the Gods gives an additional two re-rolls per "story." Normally Eirin will get five rerolls. With a Marked boon, she'll get seven.

Attributes:

Strength
Agility
Mind
Appeal

Combat modifiers:

Hand to Hand
Melee
Ranged
Defense

Non-Combat modifiers are based upon career, right now she has Dancer level 1 - meaning that anything non-combat that applies to what a Dancer could be good at, she gets to add her Dancer level to it. So for feats of leaping, balance, and entertaining, she gets to add 1 to her rolls. You could have a God that adds to her Professional levels. I suppose the other gods might give a bonus to certain profession levels... I'll go back and edit those in...

Reputation score

In that case, Ellona or Syr for me.

Also, one question, though you don't have to answer if you feel it'll give too much away. Is it actually possible to get a bad ending in this, given it's being told as a story, far into the future?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd like to say no, because as long as the voters aren't gunning for her to die, I'll probably give her enough options to avoid a bad end. So as long as you guys are with her, the legend of Eirin will not die. :)

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Id say Tham, Celimoor or Syr......... Hrm........ Shaman, Ranger or Sorceress
Tham and Syr seem more like leaders, a shamaness or sorceress. I think I have to go with Tham.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Note: Eirin will have several careers... don't feel that you're going to pigeonhole her with just this one vote. :)

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ellona! Perform the surgery tango.

I totally want appeal out the ass - can't lead a nation or a riot without it. Fertility will probably be good for the line later on, right? Excepting for the whole regicide-by-bastard-child, I guess.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

I seems the most appropriate choice to me for whatever reason.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The biggest thing to me is not the bonuses but the potential negatives. For that reason I think G is a better choice than I because we don't want our hero, if she's going to be an intelligent and resourceful leader, to be softspoken or curt

so would it be wrong of me to kinda put a tally here? Cuz I'm interested in how this will sway. I think I see so far

A) Ellona, Lady of Life: (+1 Appeal, +1 Defense, Healing Touch, fertility)(Healer +1)
-MBS
-GB

C) Tham, Lord of Storms
: (+1 Agility, +1 Ranged, Weather Sense, temperamental)(Shaman +1)
-RP
-Tenta

F) Landra, Goddess of Love: (+2 to Appeal, -1 Strength, Attractive, lustful)(Seductress+1)
-xgkf

G) Syr, Goddess of the Stars: (+1 Mind, + 1 Melee, Marked by the Gods, magic vulnerability.)(Sorceress +1)
-Tass
-Toxic

I) Ismir, God of Time: (+1 Mind, +1 Defense, Insightful, taciturn)(Scholar +1)
-Darkboy

Lady- (undecided)

Last edited:

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

C. and yes I am, in fact, a bastard... HI TOXIC!!! the tie, she is broken yes?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

hi there?

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I maintain that fertility is the best "flaw". It'll build a strong blood line! Maybe a little unstable, what with the potential for tons of bastards and all, but our legacy will be prolific - tons of YOU'RE ACTUALLY DESCENDED FROM THE EMPRESS OF OLD stuff, all over the place!

Also appeal. Leaders need tons of that shit to get their people motivated and strong, and stuff.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

If that's the case, I'll switch over to A: Ellona. I just really don't like Sham.

Why is temperamental an ok feature exactly?

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I switch my vote to either A. Ellona or F. Landra. Besides Slime said there'd ve opportunity to branch out later in the game anyways. And Landra makes us attractive and gives us +2 appeal.

Longstory short: F. Landra