What's new

Angry Video Game Nerd Reviews

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Does anyone else here on the forums enjoy or find the Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews entertaining?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Angry Video Game Nerd Reviews

Sorry, but I'm afraid not. I don't enjoy the concept of the character

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

He's somewhat decent. I like the games he reviews, but I don't like his reviews. He'll say a funny line or two, but mostly it's just "BUFFALO DONKEY CUNT FUCKSHIT!"

Dusty

Totaly not actualy a Moderator
Reputation score

It really depends on what game he's reviewing. Not all reviews he make are good, in fact there are some that are quite lousy and tend to deteriorate into a half-assed comedy skit rather then being an actual review of a bad game. But I'll admit that I like his reviews and that he's kinda an inspiration to some of my own work.

Speaking of whom, I personally think he should review Ghost and Goblins - THE HARDEST FUCKING CONSOLE GAME I EVER PLAYED. If he does, he's my hero.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, he's alright, but I prefer the Nostalgia critic.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

My only complaint is hes too damn loud. I get hes supposed to be angry but he gives me a headache after too long. :eek:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

He called my favorite Ninja Turtle game a piece of shit... I hate him already.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

When he actually sits down and talks about the game rather than just spouting profanity, he's pretty good. The rest of the time he's a bit crap. For me, the only genuinely funny thing he's done was the cyborg-tank-jesus thing, and that was funny for about 10 seconds out of the 40 or so it lasted for.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Alright, so he's redeemed himself a little by saying Castlevania IV was the best Castlevania on the NES, as well as his favorite one out of all the Castlevania games, but he really needs to get over his obsession shit. Seriously, his 'theme song' has a few shit references, the first thing that comes to his mind is shit jokes when berating a game... from what I can tell, he's gotten better about it as he's done each show (as well as gotten better at reviewing), but he still needs to work on it.

Also, in b4 shit-fetish jokes/comments.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i prefer that guy in the glasses

Dusty

Totaly not actualy a Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, so he's redeemed himself a little by saying Castlevania IV was the best Castlevania on the NES, as well as his favorite one out of all the Castlevania games, but he really needs to get over his obsession shit. Seriously, his 'theme song' has a few shit references, the first thing that comes to his mind is shit jokes when berating a game... from what I can tell, he's gotten better about it as he's done each show (as well as gotten better at reviewing), but he still needs to work on it.

Also, in b4 shit-fetish jokes/comments.
Shit? I always thought he made jokes about having fucked up sexual intercourse with animals. And wait.. Castlevania IV was the best Castlevania on the NES?

By the way, he's not serious about his reviews (hopefully that's obvious). The whole idea behind AVGN is to emphasize on the feeling of rage and anger which is translated into explicit, juvenile usage of profanity. That's the whole joke of his reviews and what makes them different from other reviews. To prevent some war between AVGN lovers and haters, just let me state that AVGN's reviews are definitely not material that's suitable for all audiences. Some people may like him, others not so much.. He even admits this in an actual review (not AVGN styled) of a movie and is entirely aware that some people don't really enjoy his reviews.

Speaking of AVGN, you guys should watch Irate Gamer.. You'll fucking "love" him.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I liked him more now that he's done with the period of oddly placed special effects (Adams Family, NES Accessories) and has gone back to his older style of verbal reviews. The review for Little Red Hood was pretty funny IMO.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I prefer my lo in phat

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I've always found him pretty entertaining, just seeing him play either ridiculously difficult or unexplainable games and groan in frustration is quite funny.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Wheeee, he called the Independence Day movie a piece of shit during his review of the game, I get to hate him again :D

>.>

>=[

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Nostalgic Critic is better, but I always liked AVGN. And AVGN introduced me to TGWTG with his collab "Epic Battle" video.

(Spoony is still the king, though. ALL HAIL THE SPOONY ONE!)

Last edited:

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Did anyone ever see that video James and Doug did together, the one where they reviewed that TMNT live music thing? I found that to be pretty funny. They work pretty well together.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Oh God Spoony. He is the true reviewer. Absolute best in my opinion.