What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - FINAL PUBLIC UPDATE! (July 25th)

Lol, :D.

But well, not trying to be party-pooper but...
Isn't the muscle that ultimately works hardest during "that" is the shoulder or the elbow, not wrist?

Depends what kind of wanker you are :cool:

Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - FINAL PUBLIC UPDATE! (July 25th)

Lol, :D.

But well, not trying to be party-pooper but...
Isn't the muscle that ultimately works hardest during "that" is the shoulder or the elbow, not wrist?
Nah, some of us need to flex all the muscles in the upper back area in order to get things done... Or so I heard. lol

The jokes write themselves don't they?

..somehow I failed to even notice I was setting myself up for that. I should really be more careful around you guys.

Stream's starting in about 20 minutes, everyone! Hope you can come by for a while!

Hey Anon, what version is it now?
I've played the final release version. But i was wondering what version it is, to decide wether or not i'd like to be patron.
(Extra bang for the buck, you know :p )

Hey Anon, what version is it now?
I've played the final release version. But i was wondering what version it is, to decide wether or not i'd like to be patron.
(Extra bang for the buck, you know :p )

It'll soon be on v.24, currently it's up to v.23.

(copy/paste from the update post on Patreon)

Hey everyone! v.24 is finally finished! Like I mentioned in my last post, I had to push back several things - namely the Duo BE scene for the Warped Sentry, the new upgrade, and creating more rooms to explore. I wasn't able to go over every sex scene to update the voice clips, but that'll probably be something I do gradually over the next few updates. Everything else is in place though, and next month's update is already shaping up to be a good one. Enough about that though, here's the official changelog:

UPDATE v.24 CHANGES
-Implemented solo BE H-animation for Warped Sentry
-Finish gamepad menu controls and options
-Warped Scientist CG/Game Over scene added
-Allow enemies + certain environment pieces to catch on fire via Flare Shot
-Add extra polish/more variety to new voice clips
-Fix more minor issues

As usual, minor fixes will be listed at the bottom of this post. I don't have too much to comment on as far as all the new stuff is concerned, it's all pretty self-explanatory; the good news is that gamepads should finally be fully supported. You should be able to do everything in the game with them, aside from writing notes on the map. Let me know if anybody runs into anything that doesn't quite work right! As for next update...

UPDATE v.25 GOALS
-Begin the great rework
-Finish duo BE H-animation for Warped Sentry
-Implement new powerup
-Add new CG/Game Over scene
-Add extra polish/more variety to new voice clips
-Fix more minor issues

You've probably already noticed the most interesting thing on there. "The great rework". I've been getting a lot of feedback on Crisis Point lately, as far as map design and gameplay goes.. not all of it positive. A lot of it mirrors my own feelings; the level design is boring and barren, serving more as enemy-filled corridors than anything interesting, and there aren't enough unique mechanics or upgrades in the game to keep things interesting. The H-content is always praised, but too many people are as unhappy with the gameplay as I am for me to continue ignoring it. Thus, the great rework.
Before anybody freaks out about this, no, this is NOWHERE NEAR a full rework of the game. Those with memories of the horrors of games like Breeding Season, stuck in perpetual reworking, need not worry about this one. The vast majority of Crisis Point will be staying as it is, so this rework won't take me forever to complete or anything. However, many key features - as well as a large amount of the map layouts - will be getting revamped and improved, and many of my planned upgrades were scrapped in favor of more interesting things. I'll go over one of those changes today: Alicia's blaster.

In its current form, the blaster upgrades in Crisis Point are a linear, stacking system. You collect upgrades and they all add some sort of new functionality to it that improves it in one specific way. That will be changing very soon. Instead of collecting linear powerups, there will be two kinds of upgrades for Alicia's blaster - let's call them A and B chips. A chips add some sort of small, extra function to Alicia's blaster, whether it's piercing through enemies or sending out extra bullets on contact with an enemy. B chips, on the other hand, will change how the weapon works fundamentally, whether it's allowing you to hold the shoot button to charge up a bigger, more powerful shot, or shooting 3 bullets with every pull of the trigger. Alicia is only allowed to equip one of each type of chip at a time, so you'll have to craft what you feel is the best weapon for you. You'll also get two separate loadouts that you can swap between at the press of a button mid-gameplay, to handle different situations with ease. Swapping chips in and out will be as simple as going into the menu either, no permanence involved, so you'll be free to experiment to your heart's desire.

Well, I think that's enough out of me for one day. I'll be posting the link to the update just after this post goes up, so to everyone who's pledged at $5 or higher, I hope you enjoy the update - and I hope you're looking forward to seeing where this game goes next! Thank you all so much for your endless support, and I look forward to bringing you some exciting stuff in the coming months.
-A42

UPDATE v.24 MINOR FIXES
-Alicia can no longer shoot the Flare Shot during certain actions (sliding, kicking, etc)
-Lots more lights added to the Catacombs, for easier navigation. Unlit torches can be lit with flare shot
-Spore libido gain rate lowered to 60% of its original value
-Holding down to fall through ghost platforms no longer works when Alicia is incapacitated
-Holding left on the debug menu will now change debug option at the proper speed
-Holding flare shot should now stop shooting properly when the gun enters a wall, and continue when it leaves
-Flare Shot now works (extremely well) on insect nests
-Option to turn Breast Expansion on/off added to debug menu
-Crouching under a ghost platform near a solid floor will no longer cause Alicia to be stuck in crouch
-Screen should no longer tint during Soldier GO scene activated in catacombs
-Tapping Jump key rapidly will now shake off tar/cum
-Masturbation key now properly listed in menu

A major change can be a really good thing.
One of the things that i not liked too much in this game was the soundtrack, Those tracks sounded like a "meh and monothone adventure" .

A major change can be a really good thing.
One of the things that i not liked too much in this game was the soundtrack, Those tracks sounded like a "meh and monothone adventure" .

There are one or two songs I'm actually quite fond of in the current version (namely the Deep Soil theme), but overall I can't disagree. I'd love to get a musician to compose some original music for the game eventually. Maybe I'll send out a casting call on tumblr soon..

There are one or two songs I'm actually quite fond of in the current version (namely the Deep Soil theme), but overall I can't disagree. I'd love to get a musician to compose some original music for the game eventually. Maybe I'll send out a casting call on tumblr soon..

I think the music is a hell of a lot better than the generic, license-free RPGmaker music that almost everyone else uses. It gives your game a very different tone. I specially like the boss music, particularly the second boss. It's appropriately weird and reminds me of some Metroid boss tunes.

I think the music is a hell of a lot better than the generic, license-free RPGmaker music that almost everyone else uses. It gives your game a very different tone. I specially like the boss music, particularly the second boss. It's appropriately weird and reminds me of some Metroid boss tunes.

That's one of the other songs I'm pretty fond of, actually. For being a license-free track it fits the moment exceptionally well. If Crisis Point does get a soundtrack of its own, the overall tone of the music probably won't change too drastically - there won't be any electric guitars or booming orchestras or anything of the sort, it just wouldn't fit with the game. But I would love to get some original music in there nonetheless.

BE scene? What does that mean

Breast Expansion, yo

THE KING OF THEM ALL! XD

Good to see that progress is going well. Maybe in a few months I'll pledge again to see the improvements so just keep up the great work and if you would consider an at least fixed window re-sizer option for the future I'm sure a lot of us would be really happy. :)

to me, the musics that i've not liked that much are the ones of the first and second area, mainly because its sound boring (is just me, i too agree that a eletric music dont fit none of these areas)
The rest sounds good.

to me, the musics that i've not liked that much are the ones of the first and second area, mainly because its sound boring (is just me, i too agree that a eletric music dont fit none of these areas)
The rest sounds good.

I agree. It's not exactly the most exciting music, but it actually fits the areas nicely. TBH, it's probably just tedious for me personally because I've continuously played each iteration of the game over and over again, so I hear it too much, lol. Experiment with stuff and see what everyone thinks.

I for one really like the music, if anything the first two levels' are my favourite tracks

Since you've set the health upgrades to require three pickups for any effect, you may want to throw a few more around the map. Things get pretty demanding on a single health bar.

As well, considering the item-drop formula's stinginess with health recovery, you might want to add some Metroid style feeder enemies that spawn out of pipes for farming purposes. For design ease, they could just do collision damage and have no h-content.

Personally the bit that bothered me the most was the fixed firing angles on the gun.

Probably really difficult to change, but it makes combat a chore when you're not fighting someone on exactly the right angle that you need them to be on.

That and the fact that being gooped stops you from even aiming upwards makes the tar-boss really irritating to fight.

It's damage isn't too high, but if you get gooped you need to jump to the floor and get in the water, then you need to grapple the platforms, climb on, wait for them to rise and get into position to start shooting again, all without getting hit once or you need to start the whole thing all over again.

It's not even fake-difficulty, since it doesn't really make it harder to beat the level, it just makes it slower and more annoying because you're forced to restart so often.

Another note: there's no BE-masturbation animation yet, right? Is one planned?

Just pledged and got the game. Gotta say it improved a whoooole lot from v.13 since there's VA and the CGs. But by the way, are there any plans for traps(Not those trans stuff) that actually pleasure or immobilize the player?

Last edited:
Back