What's new

Another RP Idea

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Re: Another RP Idea

Message from the GMs: After discussing the matter with Siphon, the decision on a question from Lurker is...

Go ahead and make threads for your character's rooms, and if people want to double up on a room, that's fine too.
Danke

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wow... I just noticed that to... And I can't think of a good explanation at all, even it being an accident sounds unlikely. However, for whatever reason you may have, I'd appreciate it if you'd allow Loli and myself to post in our own thread.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds like a moderation error...Thread re-opened.

To deliver a message from Siphon:

"Tell RJ and Loli that I'm sorry, I clicked the wrong thing on accident."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If I understood him correctly, he was trying to click the "Go to last unread post" icon, and the mouse slipped over to something that apparently locked the thread.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hehehe! I have no idea how he managed to do that. How silly.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The envelope icon on the left. If a moderator double-clicks on that, it locks the thread. And I know at least my mouse occasionally misreads a single click as a double.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah sorry about that folks, it also didn't help I was accessing from a computer that wasn't my own, so unfamiliar mouse = bad clickage.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ok, moving this to the next day since everyone seems to have hunkered their characters down for the night.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have to admit, I find it rather amusing that RJ doesn't remember the person who initially let him into the warehouse...I suppose it's just he's still partially asleep.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

However, someone in the room caught his eye. A red headed woman was apparently talking with the stubborn white haired guy he had met earlier before Roger had entered the room. "A late new comer?" he wondered.
The only person talking with Sean at the moment is Claudia, who was the one who let RJ into the warehouse in the first place.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I had already been roleplaying as if Sean let him in, seeing as how he was the one who opened the door in the first place. I'm not taking into account those events that you are, since that was all the result of a childish argument over how wide a door is.

Sean let Roger in, as far as I'm concerned, as he wouldn't have just stood outside while Sean was calling to him.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Problem: Sean stepped outside, door shut immediately behind him, and then he said something. Siphon later posted that Claudia let RJ in.

Siphon has stated to me that is the sequence of events that happened. GM ruling on his part, thus the decision is out of the hands of the players.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And I won't take that under consideration, since that was influenced by an OOC argument. As far as I'm concerned, that didn't happen.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ok first off RJ was present during the original meet and greet, which Claudia was there for, so he still regardless WOULD have seen her.

Secondly, it was stated that the door is a high security door, and is as such SUPPOSED to be impossible to just sneak through. Now unless RJ physically ripped through the door, replaced it perfectly, and managed to wipe Sean's memory (impossible on the memory wipe I might add since he didn't have a tesla, let alone the fact I doubt a Tesla would have much effect on Sean,) then he would not have been able to get in past Sean. Sean asked him a question if he was supposed to be there, and never was it specifically stated that Sean allowed him access. Claudia however did in fact let both RJ and Ellen in at the same time, effectively silencing Sean's question.

I'm sorry you don't believe that it wasn't possible to "sneak" into or physically waltz into the Warehouse, but that is not how it played out, nor would it make sense any old Joe Schmo be able to just gain entry without either being registered in already (which he wasn't), or being granted access by one of the Warehouse personnel (in this case, Claudia did let him in.)

Regardless, RJ would STILL have seen her already, unless he's having a complete mental blackout and forgot meeting her already, at which point question comes in as to his mental status.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not obsessed over whether or not he got past Sean by sneaking by him, I'm just annoyed over how my misassumption was handled. There was no indication of just what the security door looked like, how it opened, or even whether or not it was open. I was only told any of this in this OOC discussion, which should not be the place to tell players like me these things.

I had no idea how the door operated at the time, and when I brought it up, all I was told was, "It should have been obvious." Am I to assume that you'll leave out more explanations and detail, just because you think they're obvious? Should I also have played Resident Evil, to know what Chris looks like? I mean, it'd be obvious what hair color he has, if you played Resident Evil, right?

You knew how the door operates, I didn't. You know what Claudia looks like, and I had to find out myself by looking up Warehouse 13, because you failed to fill in the details. I was also under the assumption, once again, due to a misunderstanding from lack of detail, that Claudia was speaking over a radio the evening of our introduction, and therefor, Roger couldn't have seen her. This obviously was not what happened in your mind, but how am I to know, when you don't post what's going on in your mind in detail? Hell, I don't even know the layout of Leena's Bed and Breakfast. I didn't even know there was a couch to sit on, or how many there were. I don't know how bright it is, I don't know how it smells. But, you do. And a player like me is counting on you to tell me these things so I have an understanding of my surroundings, which I didn't.

Don't get mad at me when I misunderstand, when it's the GM's job to help me understand. Rather than telling me it should all be obvious.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For the record I would like to ask, RJ, have you never seen any kind of security door?

The reason I ask is because a similar door has been used in several movies, as well as NCIS. Not sure which movies off hand, so can't give a specific.

As for a map of the B&B and Warehouse, I'm not artistic enough to draw one out, but I will be asking a friend or Oni if they can help there, if I can supply enough detail for it.

And you've NEVER played or seen any of the Resident Evil games with Chris in it? O_O. Holy damn, didn't forsee that one coming.

Also, for Claudia and Leena I did post pictures, are the links not working any longer? If so let me know I'll fix that.

I'll admit, I had thought that the term 'eye scanner security door' would be well enough known that you would know you couldn't sneak in when it opened, obviously an oversight on my part.