What's new

Another RP Idea

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Another RP Idea

And you've NEVER played or seen any of the Resident Evil games with Chris in it? O_O. Holy damn, didn't forsee that one coming.
While we're on the topic of making assumptions...

NEVER played or seen any of the Resident Evil games with Chris in it?
Might as well ask how many people this statement applies to...I now know of at least one, (Myself, who's never played any of the RE series) and there may be some more...

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What's with the insistence on spelling my name wrong? :(

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Um...Goofed. Will fix in my posts.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You got it from reading siphons posts, didn't you :D
Spells mah name wrong all the time son

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

From the looks of it...Yeah.

And I'll admit, I can be a bit lazy on checking the early part of this thread if I'm in a hurry.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh same, if I find myself way back in posts, I'll usually just search for anything concerning my character before posting, then looking over people's misc. movements and actions after.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've been spelling the character's name wrong?

*blinks.*

Well .... fuck.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When I have Sean switch languages, he's speaking in Irish Gaelic. Just so people know.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

YAY! I'm learning some of that... kinda

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For the record I would like to ask, RJ, have you never seen any kind of security door?

The reason I ask is because a similar door has been used in several movies, as well as NCIS. Not sure which movies off hand, so can't give a specific.
For the record, are you saying there's only one type of security door? That I'm some kind of idiot for not for not coming to the conclusion of, "Duh! The eye scanner model always has a sliding door that immediately shuts behind the last person that entered!"

And if you're going to say that that door was used in several movies, let me inform you, that I'm not a big fan of watching movies. District 9 was the last movie I saw in a year, and most of the security doors I saw exploded. So what is a person like me supposed to think, when you're saying, "Well, if you watched this movie..." Am I supposed to just know what you're talking about?

Or, could you just do me the simple favor of typing up the details, so that I know what my character's surroundings are, and I know how I can interact with it, rather than leaving me to assume, which I did, which lead to this.

I'm sorry I didn't know that I should have watched all these movies you keep talking about as a prerequisite. And I'm also sorry for only playing Resident Evil 3, after a friend recommended it. But please understand that I never watched Warehouse 13, and that I need a detailed description of my environment if I'm going to interact with it properly.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That was supposed to read high security door .....

You played Resident Evil 3? Good solid game. Good, so you might recognize some enemies later on.

Not sure I've seen District Nine tbh.

I'm not going to argue this point any further, mistakes were made, we have to move on from it and learn from them.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That... Was a rather quick transition...

And could we get a more descriptive explanation of what happened, as well as a little paragraph concerning our surroundings? It just feels like we stepped through a warp, rather than traveled across the world.

I mean, "We camped out," and, "Cave going underground," doesn't really paint a picture for me... And the Night Stalker? Where did we go to find that? And what is it? I don't even know what it looks like. Heck, the only thing my mind could fabricate was a brutally torn corpse inside a colorless cave...

Please be more descriptive, I have no idea what to post. >.< I don't know where we camped, I didn't get the chance to possibly have a chat with other members of the group during the long travel. I don't know if we saw civilization after landing from the as of now, unknown craft, "Night Stalker." I don't know what to do at all. I have nothing to interact with other than a corpse...

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry, 5 am and posting is probably not a good idea. Just didn't want to drag things out with a long winded flight.

The Night Stalker is similar to a Night Hawk transport, only as I understand it, better armed. Wolf can explain one better than I can, as he was the one who suggested it. I wanted to use a VTOL Jet, but .... ah well.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon... Can we possibly go back, and at least have one scene where we can talk together? Like during our flight? As well as at least some kind of description of everything we saw, even down to the simple things like how the heat effected us. I like to make long, in-depth posts, but I can't when there's no depth in the world around me.

And right now, I just can't post. I have no idea how to make it... Anything better than some lame, simple action.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heat wouldn't have affected them that much since they landed at night. Mostly they would have seen nothing but ground and ocean on the flight there, if even that.

I apologize for that, was bad thinking on my part. I think this will be my last post for tonight because of that, try to figure out how to move things around, maybe edit the first post later to add in more detail, or a retro log, something, idk.

Ok I'm rambling, not a good sign.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Given how lurker flawlessly, not to mention quickly made a post, I assume it's just me, and my fetish for detail. But, in any case, I just can't post at all. And I only made myself frustrated when I tried to, following lurker's, and your post.

If I don't post, and you guys wanna move along, just NPC Roger, I guess. I'm really sorry, but I'm a whore for detail. And I think it might just be best to remove me from the game, so you guys can have some fun, because it honestly seems like I'm the problem here.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sorry I ninja'd, just liked the fact we were moving on ;^; you don't hasta leave!

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

A good way to have people start making detail is to simply start using it yourself. You just gotta make sure it doesn't step on anyone's toes when you do, plot-wise. You think the heat should be affecting your character, go ahead and have it affect him. You want to see a little cluster of huts with a fire in the middle making a wispy trail of smoke into the sky, I say go for it. You put that much detail into your posts, people are going to start thinking theirs look rather dull, and before long, everyone is writing like budding novelists ;)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A bit of an edit to that post RJ, see if that helps fix.

If not well .... Idk, out of options on my end.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Though that definitely helps... It still feels very rushed, which, again, is just me being a spaz, seeing as how lurker, and possibly rule as well, appreciated the sudden rush into possible, "action."

That, and I still don't have a clear picture of what the trip was like to the cave. Was it the classical, Arabian Nights? Traveling through an ocean of sand? Or relatively flat terrain? Buildings in the distance? In the middle of no where? Signs of construction in the cave, suggesting that people had performed masonry inside? And how hard is the wind blowing, possibly causing the sand to bother the eyes of the characters?

I'll try posting, but in order to help fix my little mental fixation, I'm going to have to follow Shrike's idea, and add in my own detail to help me think. I'm sorry, but getting thrown around like that (Across half the world in one post), where one minute I'm inside Leena's place, next I'm in Egypt, and not getting a really good excuse as to why I couldn't possibly have RJ chat, and hopefully get to know his comrades on that long trip, and instead am forced to assume nothing important was said, and just fly over to Egypt. I can't roleplay if things are thrown at me, or forced at me... :(