What's new

Apocalyptia

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Think I spelt the band name slightly wrong, but regardless. Symphonic metal. Just amazing stuff from what I've heard of them. Great for my writing, and just great to listen to. The celo goes quite well with the drums and electric guitar they have. I'm just wowed and impressed with it all.

I recommend them to anyone who wishes to push their music boundaries a little. Think of them as a kind of Trans-Siberian Orchestra for a harder crowd.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Apocalyptia

Toxic Agrees

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

thank you Toxic

And I did spell it wrong. Its Apocalyptica.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Cool, I'll try to check them out when I get home from work.

Check out Within Temptation if you like Symphonic Rock.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Apocalyptica, Within Temptation, Nightwish, they are all good. Coldplay as well, but I think they are a different classification.

There's a video out there somewhere on youtube for a song Apocalyptica did with Adam Gontier of Days Grace called "I don't care." Is how I first came across them. Actually, from what I understand is that Apocalyptica is the fill in for Metallica if they for whatever reason can't perform.

Found the video, here it is:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Love them! Not to mention Within Temptation, too. I'm still out on Nightwish, but I can listen to them, no problem. Great band. I love stuff like this. Try Ayreon, too, if you like the symphonic rock.

Another "similar but not the same" would be the Cruxshadows. They're a little more...gothy than heavy but I love the violin work they use in their music. Fabulous!

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

I don't think I'd call Apocalyptica symphonic metal XD

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I believe I've listened to some of Within Temptation's stuff and enjoyed it. Nightwish I don't mind but I'm not a huge fan.

Copper, I don't mind some goth stuff, actually I need some for my library, helps with my writing.

Twisted, why would you not call Apocalyptica symphonic metal?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

If you can find it, then, hunt down the "Music from the Succubus Club." It's the "soundtrack" from Vampire: the Masquerade. Got a lot of good music on it. I liked Cruxshadows the best out of all of them, but there's some other good stuff on it, too.

If you need artist information or anything like that, I have the CD and will happily provide details. There's also the "Beast I Am" soundtrack, too. I don't think I've ever listened to it, though, so I can't say how that one is.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't usually pay much attention when people recommend muic, but I liked that song that was put up so I may have to check some of their other stuff out.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I believe I've listened to some of Within Temptation's stuff and enjoyed it. Nightwish I don't mind but I'm not a huge fan.

Copper, I don't mind some goth stuff, actually I need some for my library, helps with my writing.

Twisted, why would you not call Apocalyptica symphonic metal?
I don't think they classify as symphonic metal either. They started by doing cello covers from Metallica.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've heard that hooker. Hmm, well I'm not too big into Metallica, so I'm not sure if they are considered a metal band themselves.

Regardless, a group can start out as one thing, and eventually evolve into something else.

Also, in the end it dosn't matter to me what the genre is, because the music is good.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Hear Hear!

And yea, I'd call them "dark classical" music. But whatever you call them, they are pretty sweet!

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

I've become a huge fan of Nightwish over the last few months. (They became much better after they gained a new singer in my opinion. Some might disagree, but I thought Dark Passion Play was their best album.)

But another band to check out if you like this style is Kamelot. I went to go see them live in Ohio a while back and it kicked ass (They were also playing with Edguy, another awesome band, not symphonic, but still good).

I've actually heard of Apocalyptica but I haven't heard much of them. I did enjoy the song posted though, I'll have to check it out.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

yes, this is true, kamelot is very not bad!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Nah, Therion's worth mentioning. Good as far as metal with female singers go.

Reputation score

You call Metallica "gay shit"? Therion can't be very good, then.

I didn't notice Metallica had been mentioned.

As far as I'm concerned, though, they are gay shit. Granted, they weren't at one time. And yeah, they're getting better. But they're still gay shit. Maybe someday they won't be.

However, 11-23-08 in New Orleans was an awesome show. They played like, two new songs. Mainly their older songs. Pretty badass, I regained my respect for them. It shows that they at least still have the potential not to suck.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Wait. They performed old songs, and still kept them accurate and up-to-pace?