What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Arumero Soft] Lilim Drive (RJ273729) - Deep Seeker Update

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you'd checked the blog you'd have seen that there was an update on the blog earlier this month. The update before that indicated they were close to putting out a demo.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I did see it but google translate can only do so much

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OP updated, thread moved to GUC.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

>late January

*deep breathes*

no trial, sadly

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
They where noting near the start of this month that the trail might not come forward till just shortly before the game's release given the amount of debugging it'll need. (From my understanding, they're taking the "Finish the main game, trim that down for a demo" style, so there's the factor of stuff breaking while trying to remove things you don't want people to 'see' if they didn't buy)
But yes, after 4 years this projects just about done! But this release page does answer a few hanging threads he never brought back up and answered:
-Yes, the girls only have 1 outfit now each, no cosplaying here. Chances are due towards the complexity of multi-state images, it just wasn't foreseeable.
-Just like Creature Hunter, each girl has a weapon type they focus on, and in turn gives them different playing styles.
-Apparently there will be a CG gallery, a Cut in gallery, free battle mode just like previous games, AND new is a 'State Gallery'.
-Fetishes are as I pointed out before hand, just reaffirming them. No listing for bondage though, so that might have been dropped (or perhaps he was only really talking about 'restraining' via tentacles and other things in general.)

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score
Well either way pretty hyped for this. This guy makes great games. Here's hoping somebody translates this one too like they partial'd the Monster Hunter clone.

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So there was a blog update a couple days ago (Jan 14). I can't read the moon-runes, but I did run it through Google - I'll post what I got in a spoiler below.

Congratulations, everyone
Happy New Year

First, exchange of extras

Guide:
It seems that there is still a lot of bugs left out
It seems like the story is too thin for the time spent ...

Leader:
Hmm ... isn't it premature?

Guide:
It's not too early
How many years have you been working on this game!

Leader:
Is it about 5 years?

Guide:
Well I haven't even looked into it yet!

Leader:
In the flow of the story, maybe ...

Guide:
I think so ... it's a bitter decision
... well

Leader:
Did you say that the story was thin?

Guide:
The leader is so sweet ...
In this circle, stories are decorations!
Look at the main story!
It's almost a conversation between me and the leader except in battle!
I always focus on battle
And I'm struggling with the lack of VX capacity. Why VX?
Next is ACE!

Leader:
Does that mean you can do additional updates in addition to bug fixes?

Guide:
If you do that kind of thing, you really do it!
You have to be a little careful

Leader:
If you tell me it will be down
/end

That means
The future flow
I also had a debugging test of the product version
While trying out the trial version

I want to release the product version
Expected value may be considerably higher due to waiting for many years,
The work may not be so (bearish)
There are many shortcomings,
I came to the (courageous) decision to try it out
Thank you again this year! !

Sooo, from what I got out of that - there's a short conversation between two characters, I think one is a 'Boss' enemy ( リーダー : Google translated it to 'leader'), maybe even the main antagonist. The other is either a guide NPC, an oddly-named protagonist, or simply a title/job/class name ( ガイド : maybe it's supposed to be read as Ranger/Tracker/Forest Guide?)...

The conversation boils down to this:
The dev's not happy with how long it's taken to make the game, and is afraid the content that he did make won't be enough to satisfy the 5 years of development hype and expectation. There's probably still be a bunch of bugs left to fix. He seems disappointed that the story is thin, but kinda acknowledges that it's really just a bonus (I think..? I can't tell exactly, but I think he means decoration as 'extra/jewelry').

He's thinking about trying (or switching to) VX ACE for the next project, as he's frustrated with VX's limitations. I can't tell if he's interested or dreading/avoiding VX ACE's ability to allow patches, added content, and bug fixes.

Hopefully a seer will come along and interpret the moon-runes for us plebs, or at least confirm what I've got right and wrong (and thanks in advance - seriously, really appreciate people taking the time to clarify through the language barrier).

Still plenty of time for a trial release before the end of the month, but I can't say I'd hold my breath - it *has* been 5 years, after all, and another month isn't going to have that large an effect on me personally. Still gonna hope for a trial or full release though, lol.

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah, I can wait.

Just hope the dev doesn't have a meltdown or something.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
If anything Wuumaster you already got it figured out long and short! On the VX Ace though he's just noting that it might not be a 'major' upgrade from VX (isn't it just patches?) Otherwisethat's more or less it. Admittily looking at it, the trial might come -after- the released product, given he's gotta debug both now, and they really want to push the game out first and foremost. So I wouldn't be poking over at DLSite in hopes of a free download anytime soon.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Answering Lipucd question, on a technical level the only difference anyone would ever notice between VX and VX Ace is the use of Ruby 1.9 in VX Ace which is substantially faster than the Ruby 1.8 (or is it 1.7? it's kind of irrelevant) which powers VX. It is fairly trivial to get a VX game to run under the VX Ace runtime - the main things you have to do are renaming file extensions and a game local instal of the RTP. I believe all other differences are cosmetic (and given I rummage around in the internals of both of the runtimes pretty deeply, I'm pretty confident on this).

Given that Arumero Soft's games are pretty computationally simple, I don't think they'd get any benefit from going to VX Ace. It's only computationally intensive games (e.g. Maidensnow Eve) which noticeably benefit.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh, I wasn't listing that myself as a question, but what Arumero was declaring with his post! I'm in agreement there though, and I think he'll do better chances are working with MV at this rate, then just going up into VX Ace, but he does what he'll do!

wolfiespring

Reputation score
Translation from last potst:

【◆ Trial version order】
2020/01/17

Thank you for your feedback / bug report on the trial version that you submitted today, but it is also possible to request for systems / CG system, but if you think that it will take time, ideas for later will be Will be held as

Doesn't that mean its released? I can't find the trial thou?

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You beat me to it by about 20m, but I'll share what I got out of the translator.

◆ Trial version order
Trial version submitted today

If you have any impressions / bug reports for the trial version, please click here

Requests for system / CG systems are also possible,
If you decide that it will take some time, we will hold it as an idea for later
So looks like they submitted the trial version to DLSite today, and are waiting to hear back whether it's accepted or they need to change stuff.
If you find bugs, or just want to let them know how you feel about the game, I think they're open to hear it on the blog - I assume they only speak Japanese though.
They're open to suggestions about system changes, improvements, and/or CG, but if they think it'll take too long they'll probably just hold on to it for later/next game/etc.

Think I know what I'm doing tomorrow night/after work this weekend...

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score

Trial version's out, DL'ing now.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
A few things to note:
-Demo only goes up towards the first area with it's 1 teaching and 2 normal missions.
-There's a few curse items you can buy from the shop to apply debuffs towards yourself showing sadly there's only about 6 status effects this time around.
-Futanari, lactation, pregnant with it's stages, grappled and stripped all return as before with the same systems for all of them. The only new one is the Lust status, a 3 stage status that will make the character more prone to attack allies and make open to attacks. This was the 'brainwashing' status they noted a while back in development that apparently grows regardless of foe type, just as long as you keep being sexed mid combat. In the demo version I couldn't get the eggs to breed more foes, so don't know if this element was removed or just disabled in the demo.

Otherwise it's Creature Hunter 2.0, just with futa's a plenty.

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
Pleased by the demo. Losing control of party members during otherwise entirely winnable fights is a big plus for me if it's done correctly. The mini QTE for evasion gives you too long to respond even on hard, but maybe it'll get tougher in later areas. 39 enemies is (IIRC) slightly more than base Creature Hunter had, though less if you include the postgame content. Hopefully the dev'll add more further down the line.