What's new

RPG RPG Maker [アスガル騎士団] REBF (RJ310786)

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I suspect INT builds are meant to rely on MP regeneration and lvl 3 heal.
At 99 and lvl 3 regen, that's about 34 MP extra per turn and heal heals about 1200 without other bonuses costing only 30 MP.

yuriski

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I suspect INT builds are meant to rely on MP regeneration and lvl 3 heal.
At 99 and lvl 3 regen, that's about 34 MP extra per turn and heal heals about 1200 without other bonuses costing only 30 MP.
Heal 3 heals about 2k for me at +99 int. There is also cards that give mp regen. Honestly, after Xeno Orc, there has never been a battle where I got to less then 60% mp. That is when I used the Energy Shield skill (costs 5% regen per turn).

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I am in the Cavern with the Mermaids and need a numbe code and the name of the captain to progress i think.

The Search function here does not work and i do not want to read spoilers in any form. Can somebody help me out

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I am in the Cavern with the Mermaids and need a numbe code and the name of the captain to progress i think.

The Search function here does not work and i do not want to read spoilers in any form. Can somebody help me out
You don't need it to continue, but it does give you a treasure you can trade for a pretty decent shield. Just continue into the next area, you'll find a statue with the captain's name on it. It also has the full number code on it.

Grayrabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
(edit: still, animations should be better. I mean, look at LiN from 2019...)
Still wondered why he kept using RPGmaker VXAce in 2021.
He probably could done better with MV+ DragonBone/Spriter Plugin or MZ with Visustella+Dragonbone.

someonebored

Reputation score
He probably could done better with MV+ DragonBone/Spriter Plugin or MZ with Visustella+Dragonbone.
Personally, I'm glad he and few others developers are sticking with VX Ace. Too many games made with MV have a tendency to crash, or close themselves.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
How exactly are they fucked?
Not fu*ked proper, but they'd take 8+ turns to overcome enemies that STR+AGI builds would obliterate in 2-3...
INT is a waste of time in that sense. Plus, INT defininetely doesn't suit MC's face.
Nah, it's not that simple. Like "win10 > win7" is highly debatable.
MV ditches Ruby for the worst language ever Javascript, which requires learning. Scripts are also not editable directly through RPGM anymore...
On the other hand ACE has a huge amounts of royalty-free scripts available, and is much more compatible and efficient than MV, especially on older PCs (Japanese PC park is kinda old on average).
ACE only supports OGV for videos iirc, which is a WAY better compression than webm or others. And there's no point in using a fancy compression when you have less than 10 frames for your animation anyway, no matter how good (or bad ftm) the art.

MV ain't an upgrade, it's a different program altogether. We know, or we learned the hard way, that the crap ratio is at least as high with MV games as with previous engines 😅

need a numbe code
OK, so search function ain't only broken for me.
As thanks for confirming: https://ulmf.org/threads/asugaru-rebf-rj310786.13674/post-1138819
And yes you have to click spoilers in my post, since you're requesting yourself for an answer that would deprive others for a potentiallly fun part. :whistle:
Or just input 37564 (+0), because that's the code my stupid memory remembers.

Last edited:

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Out of curiosity: What Translation Engine are you guys using?
I am using the Auto Translate Tool from "zths" and it performs reasonably wel. +everything is displayed ingame

Grayrabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
MV ditches Ruby for the worst language ever Javascript, which requires learning. Scripts are also not editable directly through RPGM anymore...
On the other hand ACE has a huge amounts of royalty-free scripts available, and is much more compatible and efficient than MV, especially on older PCs (Japanese PC park is kinda old on average).
ACE only supports OGV for videos iirc, which is a WAY better compression than webm or others. And there's no point in using a fancy compression when you have less than 10 frames for your animation anyway, no matter how good (or bad ftm) the art.

MV ain't an upgrade, it's a different program altogether. We know, or we learned the hard way, that the crap ratio is at least as high with MV games as with previous engines 😅
Make sense. Although that right there kinda make me worry about the future of RPG maker tho.
So far MZ is criticized heavily as engine and plugin had produced ain't that great so far .... and Visustella and Yanfly ripping people off ain't helping much.
I guess that's why we don't see any good eroge made with MZ so far.

MV in other hand, I think we had enough resource and plugin to make a good eroge however tho.

Still can't shake the feeling of VX Ace is still outdated without ability to change window size and aspect ratio however.
I could tell that to all ROBF game but, art is look like shit when you use 3rd party software to make his game bigger, like Shinkirou for all things.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Grayrabbit said:
Still can't shake the feeling of VX Ace is still outdated without ability to change window size and aspect ratio however.
I could tell that to all ROBF game but, art is look like shit when you use 3rd party software to make his game bigger, like Shinkirou for all things.
That actually doesn't really depend on the engine.
The resources are always produces to be used at a certain native res.
The filtering used by an engine to either up- or downscale will always produce inferior result.
Just how inferior depends far more on the amount of scaling done than on the way filtering was done (though there are exceptions to that - some of the filters used in SNES/GBA emulators get very nice results, but that's mostly due to leveraging specifics of such platforms).

TheUnsaid

Reputation score

MV ain't an upgrade, it's a different program altogether. We know, or we learned the hard way, that the crap ratio is at least as high with MV games as with previous engines
Javascript is definitely less efficient than Ruby. Ruby is closer to the hardware, but saying it's the worst language by far is extreme hyperbole.
Javascript has insanely good debugging, and isn't anal about syntax. Whether you have semicolons or not, spaces or not doesn't break the code. It's extremely loose. I've had more unique experiences in MV than Ace by far just because of how easy Javascript is for people to use. Some unique games coming out on that engine.

Ace definitely has an advantage when it comes to libraries, I won't deny.

That being said, MV can just... do more. It can handle Live2D if you know what you're doing which is great for adult games. No frame limitations on a bunch of animations. It gives you more access to its interface so people created Gab windows and other such plug-ins.

Saying it's a different program is an exaggeration. Have you seen the interface? If you used VX Ace and moved to MV, you wouldn't be learning from scratch. It's just an upgrade.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I'll be honest, I've hated the last two iterations of RPGMaker. I've got a decent rig but because they're trying to do some weird browser thing with it, it has all kinds of optimization issues. Load times for an RPGMaker game are un-fucking-acceptable and splitting the program into multiple processes is annoying too.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
TheUnsaid said:
Javascript has insanely good debugging
...I think you're confusing chromium dev console with the language, cause stacktraces are roughly on the same level (ruby sometimes puts weird stuff in those, but usually that's just when it comes to syntax errors). Also, it's only good while you're trying to do fairly simple things. If you wanted to get creative there, you'd quickly find it lacking.

AFAICT, both is ruby and nw case, there is a frame limit, as both RPGMaker engines (not their language backends) were designed to be somewhat aligned with standard screen refresh rate - other than the object called 'timer' (not the exact name), it's all timed in frames - the wait function definitely is. Recall that some of the games had problems with high refresh monitors due to that - IIRC there were a few cases where the authors needed to mention that on dlsite/ci-en.

Daclusia

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Man I love those games but it's always so infuriating to play when you can't understand it... I read something in the first few pages about an english version that could potentially come out ? Has their been any news on that ?

i3oi3o

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For captain name, See this post https://ulmf.org/threads/asugaru-rebf-rj310786.13674/page-7#post-1138819
For password you can just concatenate password from object in area.
The _ is the blank position which you can fill other number.

Macute

Reputation score
Man I love those games but it's always so infuriating to play when you can't understand it... I read something in the first few pages about an english version that could potentially come out ? Has their been any news on that ?
The creator said in his latest Ci-en post that kagura games will do the english translation and it might even come this year but no announcements by Kagura so far.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The creator said in his latest Ci-en post that kagura games will do the english translation and it might even come this year but no announcements by Kagura so far.
Ugh.....I wish he given it to one of the other publishers but I guess if you already have a work relationship with a specfic one it makes sense to continue using them. I just hope when Apostle 2 comes out, they focus heavily on it to release it asap.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Javascript is definitely less efficient than Ruby. Ruby is closer to the hardware, but saying it's the worst language by far is extreme hyperbole.
Ruby and Javascript are both interpreted languages and neither of them can be said to be very close to the hardware. A quick look at some benchmarks suggests that javascript is actually faster in most cases(but uses more memory), but that's obviously implementation dependent.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That was likely reference to ruby C extensions and ability to call functions from unrelated dlls (through Win32API or fiddle).
Then again, there's that abomination called asm.js.

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Ugh.....I wish he given it to one of the other publishers but I guess if you already have a work relationship with a specfic one it makes sense to continue using them. I just hope when Apostle 2 comes out, they focus heavily on it to release it asap.
kagura has the reputation of the best translations so all the big titles went to them
other ones seem to just do visual novels