Speed, Perfect Dragonskin
Litu:
Charisma, Rust
Miara:
Speed, Dodge
Katt:
Constitution, Shadow Boxing
Miara gets the cloak.

After some heated debate, during which several hateful things were said, hair was pulled, promises were made, promises were broken, and which was ended by Litu hosing down the three other girls until they stopped yelling at each other, it was decided (mostly by Litu) that Miara should receive the cloak. Sera and Katt grumbled, but agreed after Litu threatened to do disturbing things to them. After the girls made their apologies, the three girls continued into the forest.

The last leg of their journey was uneventful. The girls neither heard nor saw anything. The sun was beginning to drop below the mountains, its light filtered by the rainclouds. From the edge of the forest, the girls could see the small city of Illoundria. The prosperous town had started as a trading post, and mostly continued in that role. The girls set out toward the city. They arrived as darkness fell in earnest. The guards challenged them, but allowed them to pass without incident. The four girls checked into an inn, and quickly fell asleep.

Now what?
A. Check the stores.
B. Talk to people.
C. Do everything.
STATS
Sera:
Name: Sera Craith
HP: 32/40
SP: 15/15
Lust: 5/35
PD: 30
DR: 30; 35 Fire, 35 Ice, 35 Lightning, 35 Poison, 35 Acid, 15 Force, 15 Lust
Status: Crippled: Sera's wings are broken. She cannot fly, though she can still move them slightly.
Weakened: Shoulder: Shoulder is more likely to break.
Level: 8
EXP: 129/800
Active Skills:
Dragon Breath: Breathe fire, ice, lightning, or acid. Cost: 2 SP
Lust for Battle: Raise lust to half of maximum lust.
Passive Skills:
((Wings: You can fly, giving you a bonus to avoiding melee attacks and traps outdoors.))
Dragon Skin: Your scales have begun to harden, giving you +5 DR that stacks with armor.
Improved Dragon Skin: Gives +5 DR to all damage types.
Excellent Dragon Skin: Gives an additional +5 DR to all damage types.
Perfect Dragon Skin: Gives an additional +5 DR to all damage types every 2 levels (From level 8).
Lust for Battle: While Lust is equal to half or more of maximum lust, gain + speed (7) attack and +strength/2 (6) damage. Gives + 15 Maximum Lust
Grappler: Gives a +10 bonus to all grappling attacks and defenses.
Elemental Mastery: Gain +20 DR to all elemental damage types.
Inventory:
A belt (worn)
A shirt, brown, which covers her whole torso.
A pair of shorts which cover her upper legs and crotch.
1 Great Axe which does 2d12 + 7 damage. -5 attack. Has a 10% chance of breaking limbs on a successful hit that does damage.
1 Bound sword of Sharpness: 3d12 + Strength/2 damage. +5 attack. Ignores Armor DR.
2 unlit torches
1 healing potion.
1 Elven Cloak (950/1000)(worn)(was repaired while Sera was laid up)
12400 gold pieces
Statistics:
Strength: 14
Speed: 9(+2 from Cloak)
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 3
Corruption: 1
Litu:
Name: Litu Cralubl
HP: 20/20
SP: 10/10
Lust: 20/90
PD: 20
DR: -5
EXP: 127/800
Active Skills:
Lust Mage: Can cast spells by increasing her lust rather than decreasing her skill points. Requires a Spellbook.
Liquid Form: Can become liquid, allowing her to move through any passage large enough to permit water flow. (Also allows for shape shifting in general)
Absorption: Can absorb any liquid to heal HP. Depending on the liquid, she can also gain additional effects.
Erosion: Blast a target with water for 2d6 damage, and halve DR.
Lustful Torrent: Reduce your lust by half, and blast one target for lust damage equal to half that number.
Rust: Can reduce any metal equipment on an opponent to rust, even if it isn't made out of iron.
Passive Skills:
Base: Is immune to poison and acid.
Conductive: Lightning based attacks do no damage to her.
Freeze!: Ice based attacks do double damage to her.
Boiling: Fire based attacks do double damage to her.
Be Water, My Friend: +5 PD. Also forces a reroll when she is hit by a trap.
Splash!: Blunt damage does double damage (because she splashes)
Reconstitution: If her HP is ever reduced to 0, she reforms after the battle with 1/2 HP.
Tidal Strength: When it is raining, or if Litu is near a large water source, all of her stats double.
No Pain: Litu doesn't feel pain, and so cannot be stunned by pain.
Inventory:
Litu's Spellbook
Spells:
Synchronity: Siphons lust from caster to target (or target to caster if target has more) until both parties have equal lust points, or one is at max. Save for no damage.
Water of Life: Heals target for 1d6 + int/2 (7) hp.
Desertification: Draws water out of target creature, causing the dehydration status and inflicting 2d12 points of damage. Save for half damage.
Emotion Bomb: Hits up to three targets. Does caster's current lust/number of targets damage to HP. Save for half damage.
Freeze: Immobilizes target for caster level * 3 turns. Save ends.
Acid Splash: Does 3d6 + int/2(7) acid damage to up to four targets, ignoring DR. Damages target armor for an equal amount. Save for half damage.
Control Monster: Take control of a single non-humanoid enemy. Save to end. Target will do anything the caster requests.
Icy Wind: A blast of arctic wind disorients, freezes, and possibly knocks enemies over. Target up to 4 enemies. Attack does 3d12 +intelligence/2 damage. Save for half damage. Ice has a chance of immobilizing a target. Attack also causes disorientation, which cuts PD in half. Attack has a chance of knocking the targets prone, which further reduces PD.
1 Fire Resist Potion (in a waterproof bottle)
Cynthia Rath's journal
3 Lust Scrolls
Statistics:
Strength: 2
Speed: 6
Constitution: 5
Intelligence: 20
Charisma: 12(+2 from Intelligence)
Corruption: 5
Miara:
Name: Miara Slatescale
HP: 30/30
SP: 40/40
LP: 2/20
PD: 50
DR: 0
EXP: 211/800
Active Skills:
Tail Smash: Smash an opponent for 2d12 plus 22 damage. If opponent survives, they are knocked prone and stunned for 2 rounds. Costs 5 SP.
Bite: Bite an opponent for 1d6 + 11 damage. Even if damage doesn't overcome DR, attack poisons opponent with a poison that decreases each vital stat (HP, SP, LP) by 3 per turn for 1d6 turns.
Constrict: Roll a strength check versus opponent's Active Defense. If you succeed, the opponent is automatically grappled and cannot act until they manage to roll higher than you. Unlike a normal grapple, you are still free to move and act without provoking a counterattack.
Iron Coils: If you successfully constrict someone, you can roll a d20 versus strength to completely immobilize them.
Crush: If you constrict someone, you can roll a d20 versus strength to crush them, dealing 5d12 damage.
Passive Skills:
Cold Blooded: Take double damage from ice attacks.
Snake's Tail: You get two strength scores: One is just your attack strength, one is used for anything where you would use your tail.
Snake Senses: You can see in the infrared range.
Snake Reactions: You gain a +5 to any active defense roll that uses your speed stat as its controlling stat.
Poison Immunity: You are immune to poison.
Critical Threat: If you roll an 18, 19, or 20 on an attack roll, you get a critical hit, which hits regardless of PD.
Evasion: +5 PD and +5 to all speed defense rolls (+10 total)
Sword Dancer: While wielding two weapons, you gain +5 PD, +5 to attack, and +5 to all speed defense rolls.
Dodge: If you are ever hit by an attack, force a reroll.
Inventory:
2 Lamian Axes: 2d12 + Strength /2 damage each. +5 to hit (+15 total, due to her speed)
2 Lamian swords which do 2d12 +strength/2 damage each. +5 attack, 10 total.
4 unlit torches
5 Potions of Healing (1d6 + 4)
Stats:
Strength: 13 (26)
Speed: 14
Constitution: 8
Corruption: 0
Katt:
Name: Katt
HP: 25/25
SP: 50/60
LP: 0/20
PD: 60
EXP: 136/800
Active Skills:
Sneak: Roll 1d20. If your roll + Speed/2 is higher than the DC, you are sneaking. Attacks made from stealth do critical damage, +1d6 every 2 levels. (+3d6 Currently)
Dodge: If you are ever hit by an attack (HA!), force a reroll.
Teasing Attack: Against humanoids, you can attempt to arouse them. If the attack hits, it does 2d6 + Speed/2 lust damage. 3 SP
Inner Balance: If you are ever knocked prone, reroll your active defense roll versus the attack.
Tiger Spirit: For 1d6 turns, use Speed as your damage modifier instead of Strength. 5 SP
Passive Skills:
Cat's Grace: + 5 to all speed rolls, + 5 to PD
Precision: Gain +10 to all attack rolls, +15 if you're attacking from stealth.
Dead Eye: You gain +5 to attack rolls using a hand crossbow or pistol bow. If attacked at melee range while wielding a hand crossbow or pistol bow, and the enemy rolls a critical failure, you can counterattack. (This implies that normally you wouldn't be allowed to.)
Cat's Senses: Your hearing is very good, and you can see in low light conditions like it's daytime.
Lithe: Gain +10 to attempts to escape from grapples.
Evasion: +5 to all speed rolls, +5 to PD
Warm Coat: You take 2/3 of the damage from ice based attacks. (e.g, if the attack roll was 60, you would take 40)
Laziness: Regain SP slower.
With Catlike Tread: +10 to all stealth rolls.
Shadow Boxing: If you are attacked, and the attacker fails to hit, you can immediately make a stealth check with a -10 penalty. If successful, you are stealthed, and if you haven't yet acted this round, can attack on your turn.
Inventory:
2 Daggers (1d10 + 3 damage each. +5 to hit.)
4500 Gold Pieces
Stats:
Strength: 5(+2 from Speed)
Speed: 20
Constitution: 6(+2 from Speed)
Charisma: 5
Corruption: 3
AN
Crappy post is crappy. Oh well.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Aulondria: A Warrior's Path

D. Find a travel brochure and do some sightseeing.

In all seriousness, A.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Do B while doing A, make small talk with shopkeepers in search of INFO and QUESTS. So, basically C I guess.

Last edited:
OP
A

apocalypticCritic

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Probably won't get a post up until the weekend, but it will get up.

OP
A

apocalypticCritic

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

RESULTS
C (A->B)

"I think we should do some shopping."

Sera's blunt declaration made the other girls look up in surprise. The other three had been discussing what route to take to the capital, while Sera had been brooding about something. Her broken wings fluttered slightly as she turned back toward the other girls, making the dragon born wince slightly.

"And then we should get some information, and maybe try to find an odd job here or there. We need to get stronger."

"Stronger?"

Sera frowned, her face darkening. "That wizard we fought.... He was much more powerful than us. If Litu hadn't been able to match him so easily, I think that fight would have been our last one."

"I dunno, he didn't seem that strong to me."

Sera gave Katt a cool stare. "You didn't get as good a look at him as I did. He forced his way into my mind, and in doing so showed his own mind to me. He was powerful, and resolved. He was a zealot, but not a stupid one. He was convinced that his course of action was proper. That adds up to will power. He completely dominated my will. If Litu hadn't managed to knock him down and break his concentration, I would have been turned against you. I was turned against you, for an instant."

Litu frowned. "Yeah.... That was frightening. I could see in your eyes that you didn't want to do it, but your body was full of killing intent. I'm glad you didn't get me. I'm also glad he decided to make you use your sword, and not your flames."

The room grew quiet, as all of the girls stared at the ground. They were fighters, so the possibility of death was always there, in their minds, but this was the first time in a while it had come so close to the front. Katt gave a deep sigh, then clapped her hands sharply, startling everyone out of their reverie. "Okay. Shopping. First things first, I need to ask you guys to do something for me. Don't call me Katt out in public. Call me... eh... Katia."

Sera raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

Katt frowned, looking to the side. "It has to do with why I joined up with you guys in the first place. I don't think there's going to be any trouble here, but it doesn't pay to underestimate the people who are after me."

"Not the guards, then."

"Pff. Guards are easy. You can bribe 'em. If they're one of those rare coppers who can't be bribed, then you can bribe someone else in the justice system. Either way, in the human lands, the price of thievery isn't too high. The guild has acted to keep it that way. Sometimes the punishment is just to be hired out to some adventuring party or another. Other times, the punishment is as small as a year in jail. In other countries, there's a lot more risk involved in getting caught. No, out here, the real danger is from 'hired guards' and other thieves."

"So which one is endangering you?"

Katt looked away from Sera. "That... is a long story. I'll tell you when it's actually relevant."

Sera glowered for a moment, then shrugged. "Fine. I can't force you to talk. Well, actually, I could, but that would be a little excessive, I think."

It was a warm day, so Sera left her cloak behind. The other girls raised an eyebrow at this, but didn't say anything. When she also elected to leave her weapon behind, though, that was too strange for them not to say something.

"You're not going armed?"

Sera smiled wolfishly at Litu, and showed her claws. "My fists, claws, feet and teeth should be enough. Besides, my fighting style is more about swings with a sword. Very effective in an open area, but Illoundria is much more tight that Daen was. I'd end up getting my sword caught in a wall. I can do thrusts, but it's not as effective," she said, the frowned and examined her claws. "That being said, I might consider plating these. Nail is tough, but it would suck to get my claw torn out or broken by someone with thick skin, or armor. Maybe I'll get a full set of gauntlets, and go for punching for a while. Been a while since I sparred with my fists."

"Well, whatever suits you. Why not bring your cloak?"

"My skin's toughened up a lot since the start of this journey. I think it might be about as hard as my old armor at this point. Maybe even harder. I could go without armor for the most part, and not have to worry about getting hurt."

"What about the speed it gives you?"

Sera grimaced slightly, then nodded. "Yeah, that would be nice. But it's warm out. I'd be sweating like a pig if we got into a fight. I'd have to worry about exhaustion. Besides, I need to get used to my natural speed again. If I rely on something like that too much, it will start acting like a crutch."

"Come on, Litu, stop interrogating the girl. Let's just go do our shopping, and check out the town a bit, eh?"

The girls left the inn, chatting animatedly and carelessly. They were certainly the target of some scrutiny. Illoundria was primarily Elornian, and while most people on the street were not so devout that they would look down on the girls for being non-human, there were certainly a few who gave them solid glares. An old woman went so far as to rant at them for several minutes about how they were filth, corrupting the good and pure humans of the world, before her daughter caught her and took her away, apologizing profusely. Sera noted quietly that despite the old woman's ranting, her daughter's eyes showed that she had some non-human ancestry. Though, to be fair, that may not have been a sign of hypocrisy on the old woman's part. Even in the recent past, some non-humans had not had entirely civil relations with humanity. And there were always wild creatures out there, some on the edge of sentience, who could have children with humans.

Sera shook the dark thoughts away as the trio entered the armory. The shopkeeper barely looked up from his book as they entered. The shop was surprisingly busy. A shifty looking man was examining the daggers. There was a large, broad shouldered man looking at armor. In the back of the shop, two smiths were working. The heat inside the shop was oppressive, and the sound of the larger blacksmith pounding on the anvil filled the shop. The girls filtered out, to examine the wares.

What should they buy?
Shop's Wares:
Weapons:
Punching Gauntlets: These gauntlets have vicious metal spikes on the knuckles. They are designed to allow a fighter to do more damage with their fists. The advantage of using your fists in a fight is that you can swiftly go from attacking to grappling without having to worry about changing your grip. The smith also offers a species specific set of gauntlets. For Sera and Katt, the gauntlets would have claws at the end, sharp enough to act as a cutting edge. For Miara, the gauntlets would be lighter, have slightly longer spikes, and be designed to act well with lamian martial arts. The smith would also throw in a tail spike for free, for both Miara and Sera. Stats: 2d10 damage. Can attack twice. Uses full strength as the + damage, rather than just half strength. +10 to attack.

Quick Dagger: A slightly shorter dagger. This weapon is faster to ready and strike, but doesn't cut as deeply. Stats: 1d8 damage, +10 to attack

Thrusting Dagger: This dagger is long and thin. It's designed to be thrust through chinks in the opponent's armor. It is designed to be used while grappling. 1d10 damage. Ignores DR from armor. Can be used while pinned or while pinning. +5 to attack.

Armor:
Chainmail: Can be fitted to any of the fleshy girls. Litu cannot wear clothing. Provides +5 DR, but -3 PD.

Platemail: Can be fitted to either Miara or Sera. Provides +10 DR, but -5 PD.

Leather Robes: Can be fitted to any of the fleshy girls. Provides +5 DR against Fire.

STATS:
Sera:
Name: Sera Craith
HP: 32/40
SP: 15/15
Lust: 5/35
PD: 30
DR: 30; 35 Fire, 35 Ice, 35 Lightning, 35 Poison, 35 Acid, 15 Force, 15 Lust
Status: Crippled: Sera's wings are broken. She cannot fly, though she can still move them slightly.
Weakened: Shoulder: Shoulder is more likely to break.
EXP: 129/800
Active Skills:
Dragon Breath: Breathe fire, ice, lightning, or acid. Cost: 2 SP
Lust for Battle: Raise lust to half of maximum lust.
Passive Skills:
((Wings: You can fly, giving you a bonus to avoiding melee attacks and traps outdoors.))
Dragon Skin: Your scales have begun to harden, giving you +5 DR that stacks with armor.
Improved Dragon Skin: Gives +5 DR to all damage types.
Excellent Dragon Skin: Gives an additional +5 DR to all damage types.
Perfect Dragon Skin: Gives an additional +5 DR to all damage types every 2 levels (From level 8).
Lust for Battle: While Lust is equal to half or more of maximum lust, gain + speed (7) attack and +strength/2 (6) damage. Gives + 15 Maximum Lust
Grappler: Gives a +10 bonus to all grappling attacks and defenses.
Elemental Mastery: Gain +20 DR to all elemental damage types.
Inventory:
A belt (worn)
A shirt, brown, which covers her whole torso.
A pair of shorts which cover her upper legs and crotch.
1 Great Axe which does 2d12 + 7 damage. -5 attack. Has a 10% chance of breaking limbs on a successful hit that does damage.
1 Bound sword of Sharpness: 3d12 + Strength/2 damage. +5 attack. Ignores Armor DR.
2 unlit torches
1 healing potion.
1 Elven Cloak (950/1000)(worn)(was repaired while Sera was laid up)
12400 gold pieces
Statistics:
Strength: 14
Speed: 9(+2 from Cloak)
Constitution: 12
Corruption: 1
Litu:
Name: Litu Cralubl
HP: 20/20
SP: 10/10
Lust: 20/90
PD: 20
EXP: 127/800
Active Skills:
Lust Mage: Can cast spells by increasing her lust rather than decreasing her skill points. Requires a Spellbook.
Liquid Form: Can become liquid, allowing her to move through any passage large enough to permit water flow. (Also allows for shape shifting in general)
Absorption: Can absorb any liquid to heal HP. Depending on the liquid, she can also gain additional effects.
Erosion: Blast a target with water for 2d6 damage, and halve DR.
Lustful Torrent: Reduce your lust by half, and blast one target for lust damage equal to half that number.
Rust: Can reduce any metal equipment on an opponent to rust, even if it isn't made out of iron.
Passive Skills:
Base: Is immune to poison and acid.
Conductive: Lightning based attacks do no damage to her.
Freeze!: Ice based attacks do double damage to her.
Boiling: Fire based attacks do double damage to her.
Be Water, My Friend: +5 PD. Also forces a reroll when she is hit by a trap.
Splash!: Blunt damage does double damage (because she splashes)
Reconstitution: If her HP is ever reduced to 0, she reforms after the battle with 1/2 HP.
Tidal Strength: When it is raining, or if Litu is near a large water source, all of her stats double.
No Pain: Litu doesn't feel pain, and so cannot be stunned by pain.
Inventory:
Litu's Spellbook
Spells:
Synchronity: Siphons lust from caster to target (or target to caster if target has more) until both parties have equal lust points, or one is at max. Save for no damage.
Water of Life: Heals target for 1d6 + int/2 (7) hp.
Desertification: Draws water out of target creature, causing the dehydration status and inflicting 2d12 points of damage. Save for half damage.
Emotion Bomb: Hits up to three targets. Does caster's current lust/number of targets damage to HP. Save for half damage.
Freeze: Immobilizes target for caster level * 3 turns. Save ends.
Acid Splash: Does 3d6 + int/2(7) acid damage to up to four targets, ignoring DR. Damages target armor for an equal amount. Save for half damage.
Control Monster: Take control of a single non-humanoid enemy. Save to end. Target will do anything the caster requests.
Icy Wind: A blast of arctic wind disorients, freezes, and possibly knocks enemies over. Target up to 4 enemies. Attack does 3d12 +intelligence/2 damage. Save for half damage. Ice has a chance of immobilizing a target. Attack also causes disorientation, which cuts PD in half. Attack has a chance of knocking the targets prone, which further reduces PD.
1 Fire Resist Potion (in a waterproof bottle)
Cynthia Rath's journal
3 Lust Scrolls
Statistics:
Strength: 2
Speed: 6
Constitution: 5
Intelligence: 20
Charisma: 12(+2 from Intelligence)
Corruption: 5
Miara:
Name: Miara Slatescale
HP: 30/30
SP: 40/40
LP: 2/20
PD: 50
DR: 0
EXP: 211/800
Active Skills:
Tail Smash: Smash an opponent for 2d12 plus 22 damage. If opponent survives, they are knocked prone and stunned for 2 rounds. Costs 5 SP.
Bite: Bite an opponent for 1d6 + 11 damage. Even if damage doesn't overcome DR, attack poisons opponent with a poison that decreases each vital stat (HP, SP, LP) by 3 per turn for 1d6 turns.
Constrict: Roll a strength check versus opponent's Active Defense. If you succeed, the opponent is automatically grappled and cannot act until they manage to roll higher than you. Unlike a normal grapple, you are still free to move and act without provoking a counterattack.
Iron Coils: If you successfully constrict someone, you can roll a d20 versus strength to completely immobilize them.
Crush: If you constrict someone, you can roll a d20 versus strength to crush them, dealing 5d12 damage.
Passive Skills:
Cold Blooded: Take double damage from ice attacks.
Snake's Tail: You get two strength scores: One is just your attack strength, one is used for anything where you would use your tail.
Snake Senses: You can see in the infrared range.
Snake Reactions: You gain a +5 to any active defense roll that uses your speed stat as its controlling stat.
Poison Immunity: You are immune to poison.
Critical Threat: If you roll an 18, 19, or 20 on an attack roll, you get a critical hit, which hits regardless of PD.
Evasion: +5 PD and +5 to all speed defense rolls (+10 total)
Sword Dancer: While wielding two weapons, you gain +5 PD, +5 to attack, and +5 to all speed defense rolls.
Dodge: If you are ever hit by an attack, force a reroll.
Inventory:
2 Lamian Axes: 2d12 + Strength /2 damage each. +5 to hit (+15 total, due to her speed)
2 Lamian swords which do 2d12 +strength/2 damage each. +5 attack, 10 total.
4 unlit torches
5 Potions of Healing (1d6 + 4)
Stats:
Strength: 13 (26)
Speed: 14
Constitution: 8
Corruption: 0
Katt:
Name: Katt
HP: 25/25
SP: 50/60
LP: 0/20
PD: 60
EXP: 136/800
Active Skills:
Sneak: Roll 1d20. If your roll + Speed/2 is higher than the DC, you are sneaking. Attacks made from stealth do critical damage, +1d6 every 2 levels. (+3d6 Currently)
Dodge: If you are ever hit by an attack (HA!), force a reroll.
Teasing Attack: Against humanoids, you can attempt to arouse them. If the attack hits, it does 2d6 + Speed/2 lust damage. 3 SP
Inner Balance: If you are ever knocked prone, reroll your active defense roll versus the attack.
Tiger Spirit: For 1d6 turns, use Speed as your damage modifier instead of Strength. 5 SP
Passive Skills:
Cat's Grace: + 5 to all speed rolls, + 5 to PD
Precision: Gain +10 to all attack rolls, +15 if you're attacking from stealth.
Dead Eye: You gain +5 to attack rolls using a hand crossbow or pistol bow. If attacked at melee range while wielding a hand crossbow or pistol bow, and the enemy rolls a critical failure, you can counterattack. (This implies that normally you wouldn't be allowed to.)
Cat's Senses: Your hearing is very good, and you can see in low light conditions like it's daytime.
Lithe: Gain +10 to attempts to escape from grapples.
Evasion: +5 to all speed rolls, +5 to PD
Warm Coat: You take 2/3 of the damage from ice based attacks. (e.g, if the attack roll was 60, you would take 40)
Laziness: Regain SP slower.
With Catlike Tread: +10 to all stealth rolls.
Shadow Boxing: If you are attacked, and the attacker fails to hit, you can immediately make a stealth check with a -10 penalty. If successful, you are stealthed, and if you haven't yet acted this round, can attack on your turn.
Inventory:
2 Daggers (1d10 + 3 damage each. +5 to hit.)
4500 Gold Pieces
Stats:
Strength: 5(+2 from Speed)
Speed: 20
Constitution: 6(+2 from Speed)
Charisma: 5
Corruption: 3

AN:
Sorry about the crappy update. It's like 1:30, and I kinda had to force this out. Writer's block is a bitch sometimes. I might move to another project for a bit, though I'm certainly not ending Aulondria anytime soon. I know where the story needs to go. It's just getting there that is being problematic. We'll see what happens. For now, I'll keep on keeping on.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Punching Gauntlets for Sera and for Miara. Thrusting Dagger for Kat.

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'll second Tassadar's choices for weapons. not sure what PD actually stands for so I'm unsure about choosing armor.

Plate for Miara
Chain for Katt

Sell Katts daggers( Unless they can be thrown, the keep them.)
Sell Miaras axes/swords (which ever ones she doesn't use)

Last edited:

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Basically what Tassadar said.

I don't think any of the armors for sale has any real use right now, so I'd say pass on them.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Plate for Miara
Chain for Katt (seriously, she has 60 pd - she can spare the -3)

Punching gauntlets for Sera
Thrusting daggers for miara (they're for use in stabbing people that are grappled, she's a grappler)
Punching gauntlets for Katt (they're better than her daggers)

Sell Katts daggers
Sell Sera's two handed axe which we've never used after ponying up 500 coins for it
Sell Miaras axes/swords (which ever ones she doesn't use)

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Edited my post to add some of this stuff.

OP
A

apocalypticCritic

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

RESULTS:
Buy:
Punching Gauntlets for Sera and Miara
Thrusting Daggers for Katt
Plate armor for Miara
Chain armor for Katt
Sell:
Sera's Axe
Katt's Daggers

The girls walked around the shop, considering the wares carefully. The shifty looking man gave them a once over, then frowned and looked again, focusing on Katt. The girls didn't notice him as he began shadowing Katt as she examined daggers. She stepped behind a shelf, and the man grabbed her shoulder and turned her around, staring intensely into her face. Recognition dawned on both of their faces simultaneously.

"Mouse. How are things?"

"Katt. It's been awhile. The boss is pissed at you, y'know. There's a big price on your head. More if we bring you in alive. Heheh. Lucky day for me, eh?"

Katt looked over the man's shoulder. "Hey, Sera."

The man whirled and found himself face to stomach with Sera. She subtly flexed her abs, cracking her neck as the greasy man slowly looked up. He took a step back as Sera glowered at him. "You got a problem with Miss Katia, little man?" Sera's voice was low, with a growl to it. To his credit, the man did not immediately piss himself and run away screaming. He shifted his cloak, showing his knife.

"Back off, lady. I'll let Katia-" -He said the name sarcastically-"- go. Mistaken identity, right? You'd better watch your back, though. Or you may find a dagger in it."

Sera watched the man leave, then gave Katt a look. The look was rather expressive. It said, "I know there's something you haven't told us, and I'm not going to press you on it just now. But when we get back to the inn, you have some explaining to do." Katt returned the look. Hers was equally expressive, though its message was vastly different. It was the look the confident thief gives the cop just after he steals the officer's badge and wallet. It said, "I know nothing, and you will never be able to prove it."

After the incident, Sera remained close to Katt, keeping an eye out for any other unsavory characters. After a bit more looking around, the girls decided on their purchases. They approached the man behind the counter, who looked up at them, blinking at the size of the girls. "Damn. Not often we get non-humans in here. I think we have the proper templates. So what are you ladies buying today?"

"Two sets of punching gauntlets, a thrusting dagger, a set of chainmail and a set of plate armor."

The man gave a low whistle. "Big spenders today. Alright. Got any scrap to sell?"

Sera nodded, then pulled her axe out of her pack. She offered it to the man, who quickly pulled the haft out of the head and handed the haft back to Sera. She put it away while the man examined the axe head. "Pretty decent quality. I'll give you 250 gold for it," he said. Sera agreed, and money changed hands.

Katt stepped forward and presented her old daggers. The shopkeeper looked them over. "Hm. Used, but not severely. 100 gold." Katt agreed, and money changed hands.

The shopkeeper did some calculations, then turned to the girls and said, "Your total price comes to 7000 gold. That price comes with a repair guarantee. You bring damaged armor to any blacksmith associated with the guild, they'll repair it free of charge. If it can't be repaired, they'll give you a new set. You also get refitting compensated. If you want to get it enchanted, you can bring it to any Mage's Guild affiliated enchanter's shop and get a discount."

"That's a damn good guarantee."

"We try, miss."

Sera counted out 7000 gold and presented it to the man. He put the gold on a scale ("Just a precaution, of course."), then put the small sack under the counter. "Okay. Come on into the back so we can get your measurements. You'll be able to pick up your purchases tomorrow."

The girls were lead into a back room, past the forge. As they got closer, they saw that the blacksmith was actually a dragonborn. He looked over at the girls as they walked past, and nodded toward them in recognition. His hammer swung down again, ringing loudly. He was handling the hot metal with bare hands, apparently not noticing the heat. Sera watched him for a moment, noting (with interest) the way his muscles moved under his scales. Her eyes traced the line of his wings, which were waving slightly to cool his body. Litu watched Sera as she tilted her head slightly, then reached out and tapped the dragon girl under the chin. "Sweetheart, you're drooling."

Sera blushed and looked away from the blacksmith, hurrying down the hallway. Litu snickered slightly, then followed. "I've never seen a dragonborn male. They're... um...."

"They certainly are um," Litu said, wrapping an arm over Sera's shoulder and smiling teasingly at the flustered dragonborn.

"You're teasing me, Litu."

The water spirit laughed at the piteous look on Sera's face, then patted her on the back as they came into the fitting room. The shopkeeper was already measuring Katt, muttering to himself as he worked. It took a few minutes. Miara's measurements were a bit more complex, due to the design of the plate armor. He also measured the girl's hands and made a template for the gauntlets. "Alright. Like I said, you can pick them up tomorrow."

The girls left the store. They walked along the street, watching the bustle of the city.

AN:
I am currently being completely overrun with writer's block. For now, I'm going to put this on hiatus. Sorry for the disappointing stopping point.

-----------------------------------HIATUS BEGIN-----------------------------------

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

*Puts on Darth Vader helmet*

*Ahem*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!

OP
A

apocalypticCritic

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Good news, everyone!

At some point in time very soon, possibly this very weekend, I'm going to start writing more background fluff, expanding the history and lore of Aulondria a bit. Hopefully sometime next week, I'll start writing proper updates again. I might change how somethings work, one of the major ones being the choice aspect of the the game. I've been trying to go in two different directions: to the story I want to write, and to the story the cyoa nature of the medium dictates. So there might not be a choice on every update from now on. Every fight there will be a choice, and if I don't think I want to tackle the next story point, I'll think up some "sidequests" that will be more choice driven.

The other thing I plan to change is how combat works. The current system is ludicrously broken. D20 doesn't cut it. So I'm going to go more toward a D100 system. Most of these changes will be invisible to you guys, so don't worry too much about it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yaaaay.

I can help you with mechanics if you want. I am often busy or semibusy, but it is because of ye RP that I run, which uses its own homebrew system.

OP
A

apocalypticCritic

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

LORE DUMP

Magic in Aulondria:

As I'm sure you've gathered by this point, the magic system in Aulondria is somewhat more complicated than some other settings. There are two main systems of magic: Lust magic, which uses the primal force of lust to power spells, and "life" magic, which uses life forces to power spells. The two systems are largely similar. The main difference in how the power works comes from the stability of the energy. Lust energy is wild. It has a lot of power, but it is fleeting. The emotion lust magic is most closely tied with is passion, and it is fast, hot, and strong - but it doesn't last long. Life magic is tied to life, which is much more stable and calm. It's less powerful, but can be sustained longer. Life magic is tied mostly to having a calm mind, which keeps the magic stable.

Spells are generally usable no matter which system the mage uses, with only a few schools unusable by the other system. For lust mages, it is nearly impossible to enchant items. There are rumors that Cynthia, the first lust mage, was capable of twisting enchanting magic into a form that lust mages could use, but no other lust mage has ever been able to do so. For life magic users, it impossible to create life. They can create a rough facsimile of life in the form of golems and bound spirits, but lust magic can create new life. As you may have guessed, conception is considered to be an expression of lust magic. In a slightly different definition of life, lust magic also allowed the creation of magical constructs, which are, in general, sapient creatures made out of inanimate materials. There are several different magical construct "races," which will be enumerated and described further down.

In some systems, there is little distinction between a Wizard and a Mage, but there is a distinction on Aulondria. A Wizard is someone who studies the history, methods, and theories of magic, while a Mage is one who uses magic. In other words, Mages are like engineers, and Wizards are like scientists. There are mages who research, and wizards who do practical work, but for the most part, the two are separate. Apprentice magic users will universally study under a wizard, even if they aim to be mages. After they prove they have a mastery of the basics of magic, the students begin studying their particular form of magic. Journeyman Wizards act as lab assistants to masters, while Journeyman Mages continue their training through the Mage's Guild. Journeyman Mages will often be assigned to a town's guard as support and magical "expert," in order to gain practical experience. It takes about 20 years of study before a magic user is considered to be a full-fledged Wizard or Mage.

One of the things Wizards are interested in studying is the origin of magic. While it is generally accepted that magic and "life" are intimately related, it is not known whether life exists because of magic, or if magic exists because of life. The origin of magic is also part of a study on the origin of life. There are some competing theories about that, with Elornians largely believing in divine creation. The specific myth is convoluted, and several religious historians have claimed that the current edition of Elorna's Writ, the holy book of the Elornian faith, has a creation story which is vastly different from all prior versions, and that even the second most recent edition has a creation myth which is vastly different from ancient editions that have been restored and translated. These historians were all excommunicated by the leaders of the Elornian church. Another theory, one which most dragonborn believe in, is that all the races were descended from the eldest race - the dragonborn. Most humans reject this theory, saying that it's clearly just hubris from the dragonborn. This theory has some evidence, though. Dragonborn are unique among the sapient races because they alone are capable of reproducing with any race. They also have a unique biological trait: they are capable of laying eggs, and they are also able to have live young. These traits are the main piece of evidence for dragonborn being the common ancestor of all other races. However, there is one final theory, which is generally seen as a very fringe theory. This theory suggests that all the races were created by the original users of lust magic: demons. There is some minor archaeological evidence which confirms this theory. The evidence suggests that there was a powerful empire which spanned the continent, existing since long before the first dragonborn settlement. However, almost nothing is known about them, and the evidence is sparse at best. Another piece of evidence has to do with how corruption affects sapient beings versus how it affects everything else. Sapient beings become more like succubi and incubi, with a tendency to prefer seduction and manipulation to force. Ultimately, this is still a mysterious area of study.

Since we've brought up demons, and their relation to lust magic, we should probably touch on them. Demons are denizens of a different dimension. The wizards aren't certain if there is a large number of different dimensions, or if there is only their own plus the one the demons inhabit. In either case, the demon's dimension apparently intersects with Aulondria's, or is at least close enough that the fabric of reality is thin between the two. Thin enough that it is merely extremely difficult to pierce the fabric of reality, as opposed to impossible. Of the few magical crimes, the most heinous is deliberately bringing a demon through into Aulondria. It is extremely heinous because it requires rituals, which (for life magic) require multiple human sacrifices. If even a single thing goes wrong - a rune is poorly drawn, some dust crosses the magical barrier, a careless assistant knocks over a candle - the control portion of the ritual will fail, and the demon will be released. If you were diligent with your protection layers, you and your assistants will be the only victims, dragged down through the veil. If you were not so diligent, the demon will escape, though he'll probably be weakened slightly. The last time a demon broke free of a ritual, it tore through an entire town before it could be brought down and banished back to where it came from. It is legal, though stupid, to summon lesser demons, as the ritual required does not require human sacrifice. Demons all use some form of lust magic, mostly designed to pervert mind and body of their targets. Their magic bears little resemblance to the lust magic of mortals (and semi-mortals), other than using lust as a fuel source. Some historians speculate that the mother of lust magic may have entered into a pact with a demon in order to gain that power. They further speculate that she was given some artifact which opened the path to lust magic for mortals, and that it must still be in the world somewhere. This theory is less accepted than the last one, because demons are not known to be willing to share power, and certainly wouldn't open a path to power for all mortals out of the goodness of their hearts.

Let's go back to magical constructs. I mentioned them earlier, but at the time, did not go into specifics. The most common constructed race is the golem. Golems are basically dolls made of clay, iron, or other materials. They are virtually indestructible, and are by far the oldest constructed race. In fact, golems were being made before lust magic was brought to the continent. The old golems were non-sentient, and would do whatever their master told them to. They are animated by carving the runes for life and magic into the clay, then infusing the hardened clay with magic. The process is mostly the same to create properly sentient ones, but the runes are translated into lust magic, and there are a few more ingredients to the ritual. Golems are not terribly intelligent, but they are extremely strong, and they can complete any task that doesn't require much thinking. Some lust mages use them as disposable muscle and simple assistants, though the practice is frowned upon. The second most common constructed race are the "spirits." There are four types of spirit: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Wizards had theorized it would be possible to wrap magic around the classical elements and create "life," but the rituals never worked until lust magic came to the continent. It's not clear why lust magic worked so much better than life magic, but some wizards theorize it has to do with the rituals involved in the use of lust magic to form sprits. The rituals cannot be done by a single mage. They have to be done with at least two mages, and require many complex ingredients. Spirits are the most human-like of the constructed races, and are universally excellent at magic, though they have their own specialties. Earth spirits can force plants to grow large and strong, air spirits can create great gusts of wind, water spirits can dissolve flesh and metal with their waters, and fire spirits can summon flames hot enough to melt stone. Spirits are generally very intelligent, and are immortal, unless they are killed. Each spirit, save for fire (obviously) is vulnerable to fire, due to the anti-magic properties of fire. There are other constructed races, but they are very rare compared to the others.

There is another form of magic, though it isn't really recognized. Faith magic is used by holy men and women, and it allows them to (according to them) focus their god's will into a natural force. Most wizards treat it as a form of life magic, because faith magic doesn't do anything that life magic doesn't. The existence of gods is disputed, because (if they do exist) they do not apparently directly affect the world. Faith, and the existence of gods, is yet another gray area in the study of magic.

Okay, so it's a little late. Sumimasen. I'm going to post a fun little update Sunday or Monday or maybe Tuesday. It'll be a little sexy, too. And by little, I mean possibly several pages long (in Word).

OP
A

apocalypticCritic

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Okay, I lied. I keep doing that to you guys, and it's terrible. I should have it up sometime this weekend. Fortunately, next week is fall break, so I can just sit back and write, and not have to worry about things like homework or tests.

OP
A

apocalypticCritic

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Status of update: I'm most of the way through the update. It should be up sometime tomorrow (that is, today, Tuesday). Just need to knock up a sex scene.