What's new

Awesome parody for L4D2

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Awesome parody for L4D2

I can't think of a reason why Valve would bring in a sequel and not just add new stuff to L4D and throw a price tag on it. 20 bucks or so is a rather reasonable price that most people would be 100% willing to buy. Hell, the new content could come in waves. One DLC for the campaigns, one for the weapons, one for the infected, shit, I don't know. Some people say there's enough new content to constitute a sequel, and I agree, but Valve should still just stick to L4D to keep the fans happy, and a price tag here and there will keep money in their pockets.

I'm thinking like a boycotter but acting like a "poor sap" as RJ put it (>.>). I'm going out to buy L4D2 sometime after its release. I'm not going to deprive myself of kickass new content just so I can be bitchy about the whole situation and, in the end, accomplish nothing. That's what this boycott is about. Being bitchy and accomplishing nothing.

I trust Valve. I'm still willing to blindly follow them to the ends of the earth.

The next DLC, a new campaign called Crash Course, is coming out soon and supposed to be about 520 pts or something.
Free on PC.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not going to deprive myself of kickass new content just so I can be bitchy about the whole situation and, in the end, accomplish nothing. That's what this boycott is about. Being bitchy and accomplishing nothing.
And in the end, that's why business actions like this work, because the majority think that by telling a company that lied to them to go fuck themselves accomplishes nothing. And that's why, in all likely hood, we'll see a Left 4 Dead 3, because they know, even though you don't like it, you'll march your ass straight to the gaming store, and get that game just to play with the kickass new content.

And, instead of accomplishing nothing, I'll do what none of you expected....

I'll buy Star Craft 2 and Diablo 3 instead!

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

And in the end, that's why business actions like this work, because the majority think that by telling a company that lied to them to go fuck themselves accomplishes nothing. And that's why, in all likely hood, we'll see a Left 4 Dead 3, because they know, even though you don't like it, you'll march your ass straight to the gaming store, and get that game just to play with the kickass new content.

And, instead of accomplishing nothing, I'll do what none of you expected....

I'll buy Star Craft 2 and Diablo 3 instead!
Hah, I win because I ain't buying any of this shit.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Starcraft II... three campaigns, three purchases. At least the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are being released as expansions and not full games.

Regardless, if L4D2 is much to similar L4D, I won't get it, and won't get L4D3. There isn't enough story (haha) to draw me in to go through single player. And that what draws me in any game... the single player. So, despite my strange position, I'm entirely sure I'm even going to get L4D2, especially with Starcraft II, Diablo III... and Dragon Age: Origins (This game is the closest I've come to cumming during a game trailer. It's the first epic medieval fantasy RPG I've seen since Oblivion that's really caught my eye. Plus they had Marilyn Manson during the trailer for it). And finally, the newest Kingdom under Fire, which isn't going to suck like Circle of Doom did.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Here's a good presentation of L4D2.

After watching a few more interviews, and gameplay videos, L4D2 has everything L4D does, with much more crap added to it, Survival mode included.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's what I think they should do. Go ahead with L4D2. But include old campaigns on it and make old characters unlockables, or better yet, available straight out. PILLZ HEER > Uncle Phil. Also provide a discount, half off or maybe reduce the price to 20 bucks, to all players who purchased L4D.

Seeing as how L4D2 becoming an expansion isn't going to fucking happen and boycotting will accomplish nothing, this is the best situation for all parties. The only complaints it would get would be stubborn assholes who continue to say "BUT ITS NOT AN EXPANSION SO IM NOT BUYING IT CUZ THEY SAID THEY WOULD UPDATE AND THEY WENT AHEAD WITH THE SEQUEL SDJHASKJDHLASJDHLWKJLD COCKS".

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Hell no. We got this awesome video of Hitler going nuts with subtitles about him wasting his life getting his p-hat bigger.

Edit-> Oh, hey. There's two pages to this thread. Can you figure out where I thought I was replying to?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Here's what I think they should do. Go ahead with L4D2. But include old campaigns on it and make old characters unlockables, or better yet, available straight out. PILLZ HEER > Uncle Phil. Also provide a discount, reduce the price to 20 bucks, to all players who purchased L4D.
If they reduced the price to about 20 bucks, I'd have no problem with L4D2's production.

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, so here's the dealio:

As you may have heard, L4D2 was starting its development the moment L4D hit the shelves. Now, after making all of these "promises" for DLC, why would they turn around and start working on a sequel? The answer is this:

The engine behind L4D was initially bought off from a small 3rd party. While this was great and all, Valve desired to make it completely their own. Therefore, with the massive success of L4D, they took into consideration the potential issues with the current game while working on re-designing the L4D engine. This was the intent behind L4D2 - it is 100% all Valve, no 3rd party strings attached - or so I understand.

I'm just going to wait until the price drops to something acceptable.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ALRIGHT. Well, I've read 200 pages of that megathread I previously mentioned and I'm all raged up into the point where I am completely for L4D2 and think people against it should STFU and wait until it comes out before they start BAAAAAAAAAWing.

It's a shame that Valve did in fact take the EA route
No, they haven't. It's one fucking game.

and while I myself am not going to take the retarded route, and pay another 50$, I'll likely fork up the cash for when it drops to a price I find agreeable for what L4D2 exactly is, an expansion pack, which I'd price at 20-10 dollars.
So what, I'm willing to support Valve and I want some more new content to enjoy, so I'm a retard for not complaining about it? Then deem me a fucktard.

By buying L4D2 as soon as, or soon after it comes out for it's full retail price, you're supporting it's release, and supporting Valve's decision in this case.
I'm not supporting the release by buying L4D2. I just want new shit. But I DO support Valve in the decisions they've been making because, unlike you whiny shitheads, I FUCKING TRUST VALVE. THEY'VE HELD MY TRUST AND SUPPORT FOR YEARS. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE RUINED JUST LIKE THAT.

Valve will take the EA route
There is no way to know that at the moment, shut the fuck up.

While I'm still against this game, and am even enlisted in the boycott movement, I admit that making L4D2 was a wise decision for a business to make, since most of the people who bought L4D will be getting in line to buy the second one, thus earning them more money than they already had gotten from the making of the first. You may not like it, but trust me, both Valve and EA will love it very much when those poor saps line up to buy L4D2, which they will, because the average consumer is, and always will be, stupid.
So I'm stupid because I'm not going to whine and I fully trust and support Valve in their decisions? Fuck you then.
I can't ever bring myself to hate a game company that makes good games.
Precisely. Just give me entertainment and I pretty much won't give half a shit about anything else. You people just over analyze and complain about everything.

Stop fucking whining. Wait it out. See how things turn out. Until the game comes out, the only arguments against or for L4D2 are all assumptions, predictions, or subjective comments. On another note, I'm going to laugh my fucking ass off if Valve is secretly making some extra content for L4D just to blow you whiny niggers away.

Also, fuck everybody, EVERYFUCKINGBODY who has spontaneously "lost their respect for Valve". Fuck you to goddamn hell. Valve has previously bent over backwards for its fans and provided fantastic games and a shitload of updates for TF2. One supposed fuck up, and suddenly they suck? Lock yourself in a closet and come back out a month after L4D2 is released. Unless there are planes falling from the sky, people boycotting in the streets, and GameStops being set of fire, then shut the fuck up.

Valve doesn't fucking owe you people anything.

EDIT: Also, have you ever thought about people with shitty computers and no XBOX live? If everything in L4D2 became a DLC, casual console gamers wouldn't be able to get that new content whether they were willing to pay for it or not. And don't you dare pull a "OH WAHHH CONSOLE GAMERS CAN'T GET NEW CONTENT". I think you can logically work out why that would be fucking retarded on your part.

EDIT2: AND ANOTHER THING. STOP SAYING L4D2 WILL SPLIT THE L4D COMMUNITY. THE BOYCOTT IN ITSELF HAS ALREADY DONE THAT, YOU STUPID NIGGERS.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There are extensive gameplay videos, at this point, that's a bit more than speculation

..it's left 4 dead 1

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

WOW A FEW MINUTES WORTH OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE THAT DOESN'T EVEN FEATURE ALL OF THE PROMISED CONTENT THAT WILL BE IN THE GAME

YEAH, UR TTLY BUYING TEH SAME GAME TWICE AMIRITE!?!?!? DISREGARD THE 5 NEW CAMPAIGNS, 20 NEW WEAPONS, 3 NEW SPECIAL INFECTED, IMPROVED AI DIRECTER, NEW SETTING, NEW CHARACTERS, AND IMPROVED ENGINE. IT'S LEFT 4 DEAD ALLLL OVER AGAIN.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not minutes, I've seen upwards of an hour or two of different videos.

Lets see if I can do this quoting thing. of course I won't be as witty cuz I took out my caps locks key.
YEAH, UR TTLY BUYING TEH SAME GAME TWICE AMIRITE!?!?!?
Not completely.. just... for the most part.
DISREGARD THE 5 NEW CAMPAIGNS
Which look like they play, again for the most part, the same.
20 NEW WEAPONS
I'll admit, that would be nice. the melee thing doesn't really impress me though.
3 NEW SPECIAL INFECTED
Which changes the game COMPLETELY (Oh shit I can do sarcasm)
IMPROVED AI DIRECTER
I didn't see how it could be improved that well anyway. What does that even mean?
NEW SETTING
Same thing as new campaigns.
NEW CHARACTERS
yes, cuz the story and development of those characters is very very important
AND IMPROVED ENGINE.
Looks the same

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

EDIT: Also, have you ever thought about people with shitty computers and no XBOX live? If everything in L4D2 became a DLC, casual console gamers wouldn't be able to get that new content whether they were willing to pay for it or not. And don't you dare pull a "OH WAHHH CONSOLE GAMERS CAN'T GET NEW CONTENT". I think you can logically work out why that would be fucking retarded on your part.
Mentioned that bit earlier. I don't have live so I support L4D2 cause tis the only way I'll get new content, unless they release it on disk, which is a longshot.

Also, to call this an expansion for the reasons given is like calling Diablo II an expansion, or God of War 2, or Gears of War 2. All these games were very similar to their predecessors in terms of game play, art style and content. However, they did the same thing that L4D2 is doing, which is new levels, new weapons, new characters, continuing story (yes, there is a smidgen of story in L4D, and the sequel), new enemies, improved graphics, improved engine...

Also, haven't people already said they are still releasing bug patches and a new campaign for the original L4D (which I can't get so whatever), is this something that's been completely ignored to fuel the hatred for this game that will allow me and my friends around here to enjoy the new content that is being published?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Which look like they play, again for the most part, the same.
WHAT THE FUCK.
No fucking shit, they play the same. What, did you expect L4D2 to change its focus? It's still asskicking zombie action, just with new shit.

Which changes the game COMPLETELY
STOP REJECTING NEW CONTENT.

I didn't see how it could be improved that well
It paces the spawn rate of everything depending on how well you're doing. I also read it does some fancy shit about closing off certain paths, providing even MOAR replayability.

yes, cuz the story and development of those characters is very very important
I NEVER SAID THAT. I JUST POINTED OUT THAT THEY WERE NEW AND THAT IT WAS NEW CONTENT.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I haven't REJECTED any new content. I'm not even backing away from anything in the slightest, except maybe the new weapons thing. Aside from that, I don't care about new content if it doesn't mean anything. For instance:
It paces the spawn rate of everything depending on how well you're doing.
That's new?

On the other hand:

I also read it does some fancy shit about closing off certain paths, providing even MOAR replayability.
That's something mentionable and at least fucking interesting.

I wasn't expecting an entire new engine or anything.
-Maybe some model fixes here and there since they still run and move the same.
-Maybe if they add new characters, have it mean something. Congrats, I can make models too, but I don't work for valve.
-Maybe if they want to change up the difficulty and feel of fighting, more than 3 specials and call it a day. What you have neglected to mention, which I would have agreed with you on, are the level specific common infected, which I definitely will admit makes for a new game. That's the one thing that really makes me want to buy it and everything else they expand on should be along those lines.

See like that, it's not an entire fucking change up. It's similar, but an entirely unique idea. Unlike most other parts which seem to be "Omg, you're telling me we can put color here? DO IT AND RELEASE IT!"

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The new campaigns for the original L4D are not going to be that different. It doesn't have the coding I suppose. But still, there is all this whining about not getting new content for the original L4D, but even though its coming out "its too much the same" is what your saying, and though they are trying to shake things up a bit in the sequel its "They are ignoring the original".

Meanwhile, with L4D2, horde moments are going to be done on the move (I'm not talking about the final stand at the end of a campaign) so you can't just sit and whore a corner all the time. Director AI apparantly changes weather, and what path to take for this particular run through, among the duties it performed it the first one.

I'm appreciative of the new melee weapons, the butt stroke did fuck all except shove them away unless you was behind them, and although useful, I wanted to bash zombie skulls, not just push them.

I dunno, it just kind of seems like getting pissy for the sake of getting pissy from where I stand.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I haven't REJECTED any new content.
You clearly don't seem to give half a shit about it and think it ultimately means bunk. Sounds like you're rejecting it to me.

And if not, I still don't see why you wouldn't care about it. Unless the fact that it's in a sequel has swayed the way you view this new content, you wouldn't be happy even if it was a fucking expansion.