What's new

Awesome parody for L4D2

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score
So, earlier today, someone posted a link on the Steam L4D forum. Like many other topics before it, which gave a satirical criticism on Valve's most recent activities, the moderators of the forum erased them from the board as quickly as they appeared.

However, the above linked video is too awesome to simply let go unnoticed. As such, I am here to provide you all with its goodness.

Enjoy :D

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Awesome parody for L4D2

So many parodies of that clip.

So little time.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

+Fav'd

XD

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Honestly. Does Valve truly believe they have enough content in there to actually constitute for a new game? Or that Left 4 Dead 1 was already finished? Or are they truly just trying to cash in on us?

I mean hell, I love Valve. I consider them to be one of the most prominent game developers of this time and probably of all time. Their Orange Box release and their Complete Pack are amazing deals. And then suddenly they're going to do this? I'm so confused right now.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

The problem is, Valve is simply the parent company. The group making L4D are a part of, yet also not Valve. Valve needs to put it's foot down and say "Hey, finish your first game, or no dessert!"

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

L4D was worth the money I've spend on it, that's for sure, but there were also -promises-(In several articles and interviews given out before release) that they would put out content updates for it on the level of TF2(teamfortress 2), I'm not seeing that, and they're not getting my money for L4D2 if they aren't going to finish L4D1.

If they aren't even going to finish the first L4D, why would they finish L4D2? I'd bet we're looking at an L4D3 in a few years.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Few years? Try a few months.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Who's up for starting an elaborate rumor that they're already officially working on L4D3 and posting it all over?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

you have Nunu's approval for this plan

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Who's up for starting an elaborate rumor that they're already officially working on L4D3 and posting it all over?
+rep'd

DO IT FOR THE LULZ!

Edit- or not, stupid limit on repping. I'll get to it eventually!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

GAH SO MUCH REP!
What do you mean, get to it, I was suggesting an idea. In order to be elaborate, we'd need to know what announcments and things of that sort look like from members who frequent Valve forums and websites and stuff. I don't ever go there.

My spot in this was more like "Hey, look at these awesome reins I have... who wants to take them from me?"
But yes, whoever decides to yes this will get all the support and help I can give.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

It would be kinda hard to get a fake 'official' announcement out without being able to post messages on the official valve sites, or articles on gaming news sites.

What is possible though, is saying, in the L4D specific forums, that they have already started planning for L4D3, and then mention that they are taking some suggestions from the original L4D forum in the brainstorming. That would sound somewhat believable.

Having a high post count/rep on that forum would help too.

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Having a high post count / rep? Oh man, I'm not going to be able to help you with that. Despite my continuation of awesome on that forum, I remain with no rep what so ever.

You know, there is a Steam Group that's dedicated to boycotting L4D2 if Valve does not meet their demands. Perhaps we can make another steam group for L4D3 to poke some more fun at this situation.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Actually. Rumors do get twisted most of the time. We could make this group with no explanation of what it is, and eventually the rumors will spread itself.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

HI I'M GOING TO BRING THIS THREAD BACK UP

After finally getting to play L4D (lolrented, fun shit though, buying it ASAP for great justice), I'm utterly stumped with this whole situation. On the one hand, BE GLAD YOU'RE GETTING NEW CONTENT AT ALL, COCKSUCKERS. On the other, 60 dollars for what should be an expansion pack? Argh.

EDIT: omg 750th post lol

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

(...)BE GLAD YOU'RE GETTING NEW CONTENT AT ALL, COCKSUCKERS. On the other, 60 dollars for what should be an expansion pack? Argh.
Actually, be glad we're getting what was promised to us in several interviews before the game was out. They promised to "Make regular updates and support the game like with team fortress 2".
Obviously, this means that we should not expect any new content at all and should just shut up and be happy when something comes out for it.(Since Valve has proven themselves time and time again that they are good at the whole game making thing, great at keeping the costumers happy, and this was the first time I know of that they are not doing as promised to their costumers)

(Hint, TF2 is still getting updates, and is expected to keep getting updates for at least 2 more years, and after that, probably even more, and people are still buying it, obviously this means they are doing something right.)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I agree with XSI, next comment be more less foolish

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

It's probably because everyone is used to Valve being a company that actually keeps its promises, one that wouldn't pull sequels out its ass, etc...

Although to be honest, no one can blame them if they do it, since...they're really not obligated to. I mean look at EA games, the pull sequels for their games every year, they lie to their fanbase, steal, break promises all over the place... If one company's doing it, why not the other?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Despite being mostly neutral to the whole situation, I find that this is awesome.

After reading through 25+ pages of huge ass thread, I'm leaning towards the "Bummer, but I'll probably get it anyway though" side of the whole situation. From what I've read, L4D2 is going to have L4D with it, and having not purchased L4D yet, I really don't give a damn either way. Everything will end with happy sunshines with me, but I can easily see how a person who bought L4D at full price could be pissed off at Valve for doing this.