What's new

AWMBI - Discussion

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

If it's pointed at you and you see it shooting, then I could see that argument working, but not for weapons that are still sheathed -- I'd think it's more the action of point-and-shoot that a monster would understand, then that, 'this metal thing causes pain', you know? Even crows work like that, and they're actually fairly intelligent.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Would they recognize a holstered handgun to be the same as the likely bigger weapons that were actually used against them? And what about concealed weapons? I realize nobody is looking for them, but are they all gone as well?

EDIT: thankie wallpaper :)

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Then even if it's one shot, they might be able to tell, we don't know their int, hell, they might know what guns are, maybe they just can't use them, no one knows, but theres a reason why the weapons in the crates are unharm, BECAUSE THE MONSTERS CAN'T GET TO THEM!
So we can just assume that the monsters are int enough to destory every gun.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Except that RJ also said that they weren't very int at all, remeber? That was one of the reasons that there's no PC monsters, because int monsters would win.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Let's just assume that they mangled their corpses so badly and thoroughly that any accompanying firearms got crushed in the, er, crossfire. :p The ones that weren't mangled because of RJ's explanation got the shaft by accident.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Exactly, wallpaper described it better than I did.

They're not smart, but they know what hurts them, and they attack on sight, not whether or not it's held by a human.

Soldiers don't often conceal their guns, they're usually on some kind of combat webbing or belt.

'this metal thing causes pain and is a threat to me' is a very nice way to put it.

Also, if they fired a certain type of weapon once, they likely saw the others as threats to.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

I got discredited...
I feel sad and unimportant now

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, you did make a point with the box, I was just gonna say that they didn't see the weapon inside, so they didn't attack it.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Exactly, wallpaper described it better than I did.

They're not smart, but they know what hurts them, and they attack on sight, not whether or not it's held by a human.

Soldiers don't often conceal their guns, they're usually on some kind of combat webbing or belt.

'this metal thing causes pain and is a threat to me' is a very nice way to put it.

Also, if they fired a certain type of weapon once, they likely saw the others as threats to.
Except that wallpaper agued AGAINST THAT VERY POINT!!

Seriously, I'm starting to think that this is a religion, and you're all agreeing with him just cause you're afraid he'll stop.

In my happy little world, a GM, no matter what system, listens to his players, in order to better his own play style and the enjoyment of everybody involved. I'm sorry if I've played under too many GMs to know this that I've started to feel that it's the right thing to do, but maybe, just maybe I might be on to something, eh?

If a player taps the GM on the shoulder and says 'Really? Why?', and the GM can't come up with a good reason, then that's something that needs to be examined and possibly changed, right? All I'm getting is excuses, twisting logic past the breaking point in order to avoid changing anything that's already been written, and I've pretty much received the same answer on every point I've brought up!

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Hm, I guess you are right, which is why I was surprised to see that EVERY gun is broken.
But there is endless possiblities, I'd like to hear them all... and I like to argue.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Isn't saying that monsters appear out of nowhere and people learn magic in modern day society illogical?

I agree, I do not speak logic at all.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ahhhhh!!!! We've been invaded by Vulcans!

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike, if it makes you feel any better, every time I see RJ signing on another player I boggle a little as well at the dwindling probability that he's going to not burn out long enough for all of us to enjoy this awesome game for a while. (No offense, RJ, I've just seen it happen so many times before, and had it happen to me, that I can imagine the pressure is a little overwhelming.)

Honestly, though, why not sign up to help him out as a co-GM? You sound like you know your shit, both in terms of mechanics and logic. What gives, huh?

While I agree that if there are a large amount of weapons in a room, it's not very likely that they'd ALL be damaged, it sounded to me like there were less guns in the room than you're making 'em out to be, to re-rail the topic. I didn't count the number of men, but I'm assuming it's probably less than you're thinking to have his logic pan out.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isn't saying that monsters appear out of nowhere and people learn magic in modern day society illogical?

I agree, I do not speak logic at all.
So you're refusing to listen to my suggestions on the basis that the system you're running couldn't happen in real life, right? That's what you're telling me?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

@ Wallpaper: I would love to co-GM, but 90% of my posts are made from a cell phone, in the middle of my full time job. Not very conductive to doing a good job at it, nevermind the fact that I can't write sex scenes to save my life, and I am currently in 9 other active RP on this forum alone.

As for the situation myself, it sounded to me that we're picking our way between dead bodies wherever we went. Its not the fact that she hasn't found a working weapon yet that bugs me, its the fact that RJ said that she wouldn't, period. I'm fully expecting to not be able to open the crate once we get there, either, because RJ wants us to get all of our weapons through buying them, I suspect.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Either that, or you've just got such tasty monster-bait that he wants to get a scene in with your fair lady. OR he wants an excuse to bring in your contact. Any way you slice it, you can probably let it slide for now. :x Perhaps there'll be a reward at the end of the tunnel... who knows?

Too bad about the posting situation, though. :( Don't get yourself overwhelmed with posting, y'hear? (I miss seeing posts in Ascalion from you. XD)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

In all honesty, it was an attempt to prevent characters from obtaining advanced weaponry early in the game, without it actually being rewarded to you somehow, while trying to give the most logical explanation as to why you can't use them.

If I let every weapon be handed over to survivors, they wouldn't be surviving, they'd be slaughtering. I'm saying none of the weapons work because if they did, every one of you would be female Rambo's, ridding the need to actually run from a monster when you just, ''pew pew pew!'' a few hundred times and it's dead.

I'm not trying to maintain logic, so much as I am gameplay on this level. And I apologize if that makes you angry, all I wanted to do was provide a fun game to play. I didn't realize this would be such a problem.