What's new

AWMBI - Discussion

Kayi

Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

If all of the weapons were destroyed in a similar way, maybe the creature that broke them found a place that works to shatter it with a couple hits, then they could all be non-functional because of that.

The biggest problem with the running away part is most of the stuff we've run into thus far has been substantially faster than us. The dogs, the tentacles snatching people as they run. Or just plain getting the drop on us. Such as the frog/raptor thing >:p

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

I got a logical reason I guess...
Guns break don't they?
We don't know how long the people's been left dead in the place, so maybe they are unmaintained and doesn't work, neither way, apply logic to a game is usually bad, but throwing logic out of a game just makes it stupid.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh raptor-frog, how we love you. Er, wait. BURN IT WITH FIRE!

I'm still having fun! *waves a hand* Just waiting for someone else to show up in the inn... though would it be okay if I did some shopping while I wait?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

They all have a weak point. Sometimes it's necessary to make a fighting withdrawal, as like you said, a lot of enemies are good at catching up, but something that just got shot, or took a nasty stab isn't about to be moving around for a while, now are they?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh my god, I didn't even know!

My bad, my bad, I'll start workin' now.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

In all honesty, it was an attempt to prevent characters from obtaining advanced weaponry early in the game, without it actually being rewarded to you somehow, while trying to give the most logical explanation as to why you can't use them.

If I let every weapon be handed over to survivors, they wouldn't be surviving, they'd be slaughtering. I'm saying none of the weapons work because if they did, every one of you would be female Rambo's, ridding the need to actually run from a monster when you just, ''pew pew pew!'' a few hundred times and it's dead.

I'm not trying to maintain logic, so much as I am gameplay on this level. And I apologize if that makes you angry, all I wanted to do was provide a fun game to play. I didn't realize this would be such a problem.
You see, that is a reasonable answer from a GM, thank you. Now, to address your concerns:

Number one, I realize that if we got a hold of even a single Assault rifle by this point, it would make the game boring. I don't want an assault rifle, I want a replacement handgun. As your average Canadian, I don't know much about guns, and have only ever held or fired two different hunting rifles in my entire life. As such, when I hear '.32', the only gun I can think of are those piddly little revolvers that work better by throwing them at someone. Other people started with 9 mils, which equates in my mind to a simple, no-nonsense, clip fed handgun. As other people have started with ones, I didn't see them as too game-breaking, and went looking for one myself, creating the second 'don't bother' situation in my short time playing.

My character is not interested in sniper rifles, chainguns, laser guns, whatever. She grew up close to the street, and jumps rooftops for a living. Something big would slow her down too much, so she likes to stick it to a standard handgun and knife, and I don't really see her wanting more for the extent of the game, really.

Back to the current situation, I would have been perfectly content with a [perception] message and a 'yep, still nothing but broken' for a good long while, but I was flat out told that the monsters had gone through and mangled every single weapon in the entire base, which didn't sit right for me for the reasons above. I then proceeded to tap the GM on the shoulder and go 'Really? Why?', and him and everyone else here proceeded to pretty much flip me the bird and tell me to go back to posting. Before I get all the replies otherwise, yes, there were exceptions, and thank you. But the general consensus was 'leave poor RJ alone, he's working so hard...'

So to sum it all up, all I ask for is some consideration, and a straight answer when I come to you with a question. Do that, and I can stand every single little wrench in the system, I just have to know why it's there, alright?

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Guys mind posting on our thread now?
I am kinda busy.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Kayi, Azure might have more luck persuading Jill if she actually talked.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

A nearby passing helicopter tells her all she needs to know, as it lands on the roof of Apple Inn, she knows that must be where to go.
Hurr, where have I seen that before?

"If anyone can hear this, proceed to Mercy Hospital!"

Mmmm, good times! PUNCH N SHOOT! PUNCH N SHOOT!

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

But... I am working hard...
I know you are, dear, but I'm trying to make this better for all involved. Its more work right now, and I know you may balk at that, but I'm trying to help. 'Kay?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

VEN U QUESTION ZEE GM U MUST FASE THE SQUIRREL!!!

(Just horsing around. :D)

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

yay back for the night now heh. RJ i gots a question. how many times would i have needed to stab that dog to actually kill it with my meager strength?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

yay back for the night now heh. RJ i gots a question. how many times would i have needed to stab that dog to actually kill it with my meager strength?
On average... 6 times...

Yeah... Strength and dexterity is a must for melee weapons, but the upside is the slashing addition, one more strength and that bugger would have been dead in three slashes, with three strength it would have died in two.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

How does it get so Big?
Sorry, I can't help myself:

That's what she said.

(Back in high school, the low brass section of the marching band threw those around all the time, even when it made no sense.)