What's new

ACT [azurezero] Marielle's Mansion Madness (RJ232999)

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
First five minutes of gameplay and I've found problems with enemy placement, at least two instances where an enemy is just put right in front of the door which gets even worse since enemies can apparently see you through walls and somtimes can just see you if another enemy happens to see you. If you combine that with the fact the move just as fast as you and you don't have any invulnerability they can pretty much just chain grabe you leaving you super screwed in the early sections. With all that being said it's a decent ARPG and if it becomes more focused on the ARPG aspect rather than a puzzle solver where you're more or less helplsess it seems likea good fit for you

Edit:Also enemies can swarm you, and refuse to leave you alone, when you're stuck in text boxes. I think that's another one worth pointing out. Also don't do unescapable fuck you traps, only villains do that. If you want a trap in a game it's a good rule of thumb to either give a slight clue as to them being there, not make them completly unavoidable, and to establish the existence of traps in the game before introducing a trap room that qill just ruin you right away.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
First five minutes of gameplay and I've found problems with enemy placement, at least two instances where an enemy is just put right in front of the door which gets even worse since enemies can apparently see you through walls and somtimes can just see you if another enemy happens to see you. If you combine that with the fact the move just as fast as you and you don't have any invulnerability they can pretty much just chain grabe you leaving you super screwed in the early sections. With all that being said it's a decent ARPG and if it becomes more focused on the ARPG aspect rather than a puzzle solver where you're more or less helplsess it seems likea good fit for you

Edit:Also enemies can swarm you, and refuse to leave you alone, when you're stuck in text boxes. I think that's another one worth pointing out. Also don't do unescapable fuck you traps, only villains do that. If you want a trap in a game it's a good rule of thumb to either give a slight clue as to them being there, not make them completly unavoidable, and to establish the existence of traps in the game before introducing a trap room that qill just ruin you right away.
to be fair there's only one fuck you trap.
as for the enemies... I could make it so enemies pause when youre being grabbed... but id have to replace every enemy in the game (again)... the main idea was to kite and avoid everything until you get the fireballs... I fear what the game wouldve been like difficulty wise if i hadnt added the fireballs...

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
to be fair there's only one fuck you trap.
as for the enemies... I could make it so enemies pause when youre being grabbed... but id have to replace every enemy in the game (again)... the main idea was to kite and avoid everything until you get the fireballs... I fear what the game wouldve been like difficulty wise if i hadnt added the fireballs...
If the axe had slightly longer range, or knockback, or didn't juke you forward it actually wou'dve been fairly decent. Not a GOOD weapon but usable you know? Also said fuck you trap resets so it kinda sucks when you go around testing your new keeys knowing you avoided that roomj for some reason only tyo get hit by it again

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
i shouldve put a search orb item in there.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
i shouldve put a search orb item in there.
Well it says there is but only when you scan from the outside when I went inside and used it nothing show up and I actually walked circles in the room clicking and didn't find anything. So while I imagine you're being snarky and trying to counter my point, for me it actually didn't work :v

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
no i mean... i dont think there's actually anything useful in that room at all... i didnt even know there was a sparkle there... it wouldve been good to put like an mp up in there at least... i just didn't think to.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
no i mean... i dont think there's actually anything useful in that room at all... i didnt even know there was a sparkle there... it wouldve been good to put like an mp up in there at least... i just didn't think to.
Ah my apologies then! But ya for whatever reason in the blackness of the room before you enter there's a sparkly the hidden itemdetectorshows. Also don't beat yourself up too much! Your games get better and better with each one

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ah my apologies then! But ya for whatever reason in the blackness of the room before you enter there's a sparkly the hidden itemdetectorshows. Also don't beat yourself up too much! Your games get better and better with each one
I don't feel the same way, but i guess i pick up new skills with each. it will be nice to see a proper culmination of everything i've learned at some point.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Looks like someone is improving, also you must really like cow girls.....

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Looks like someone is improving, also you must really like cow girls.....
but i only have one? though i do like it when rows of girls are impregnated <3 it's just drawing rows of them is exausting.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
you get them from the logs when you have the stone axe

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
For people complaining about the final boss, the melee attack is quite effective, but timing is everything. To start off with you have to have the axe and have it equipped, secondly, learn when to swing it, swing too early and you'll miss and more than likely get grappled, swing too late and you'll hit him but the knockback won't register before he grapples you. Kite him to reposition and make sure you flee as soon as you hit the key to melee.

Melee is viable, I tried killing the boss with only melee to see if it was possible, and good news, it is.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
For people complaining about the final boss, the melee attack is quite effective, but timing is everything. To start off with you have to have the axe and have it equipped, secondly, learn when to swing it, swing too early and you'll miss and more than likely get grappled, swing too late and you'll hit him but the knockback won't register before he grapples you. Kite him to reposition and make sure you flee as soon as you hit the key to melee.

Melee is viable, I tried killing the boss with only melee to see if it was possible, and good news, it is.
you the real mvp

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I won't lie though, it's frustrating as all fuck if you screw it up, but luckily I had experience in the dance of melee...

Having transitioned from the trial to the full game, I went from "I can fireball shit" to "Oh I need to use stealth, oh hey an axe OH it can do damage lemme use this when I have to" and then lastly "holy fuck this massive room has a million orcs how do I do this without a spell?!" I spent a good two hours trying to clear that room out to get what was in it.

netherus666

Reputation score
I won't lie though, it's frustrating as all fuck if you screw it up, but luckily I had experience in the dance of melee...

Having transitioned from the trial to the full game, I went from "I can fireball shit" to "Oh I need to use stealth, oh hey an axe OH it can do damage lemme use this when I have to" and then lastly "holy fuck this massive room has a million orcs how do I do this without a spell?!" I spent a good two hours trying to clear that room out to get what was in it.
master of the dance of death

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
to this day i haven't completed a resident evil game. i got the furthest in 2 but i ran out of ammunition. im totally fine with that... what upset me is finding out easy mode in dmc1 removes some bosses alltogether.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
OH YEAH! it shouldve been updated on dlsite now.