Votes: 84 79.2%

• Total voters

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Nun VS Tentacles [Now for sale]

WOOHOO JAPANESE DLSITE HAS IT UP NOW, AND IT GOT 5 SALES BEFORE THEY EMAILED ME TO TELL

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lmao gotta love dlsite translations

"Erotic action defense game nuns vs tentacles.
From power between the king and monsters come to invasion, and to protect the holy church."

Firebird

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I enjoyed the Demo, It was fun and I really enjoyed the CG and the Sprite Sex. It'll be a while before I can buy though because of Banking issues that will last for another month or so.

8/10, Would play again.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I enjoyed the Demo, It was fun and I really enjoyed the CG and the Sprite Sex. It'll be a while before I can buy though because of Banking issues that will last for another month or so.

8/10, Would play again.
:) this game is only a small part of a much larger concept i have :)

big concept has multiple player characters, smarter enemies, the ability to call ai units to the field, a proper tower defense game with action
and the ability to upgrade your skills/reinforcements as you go
oh also more levels with the layout being the difficulty
the enemies will all have strengths and weaknesses, will see about adding floating damage...and no collision damage, all enemies will have cooldown on their attacks like you do

so far i have 2 fully fleshed out characters for it but the general archetypes will be two melee based characters, one tank and one fragile speedster
3 mages, with various attacks, one aoe, one dps and one poision/defender class
and the last one is a medic that is a battle medic when fully upgraded (life steal, regen buff for ai units etc and i havent thought odf the 3rd skill yet

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

WELL FUCK...DESPITE IT BEING THE FIRST THING I HAD TO FIX ON DAY 1 OF RELEASE... THE ENDING STILL DOESN'T TRIGGER

NEW LINKS ALL ROUND SHORTLY...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

links fixed now
also edited first post

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just so I know, does everyone think this gameplay could work on a larger basis?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just wanted to thank everyone who bought the game, I had my father give me money so now i have until august 19th to make the other £300 i need in rent, so that's good.

I now have 7 game concepts to be working with, Object0 is feeling pretty meh atm...i feel if i work on it right now the game will suffer...just cant get my head in the game

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

7 ideas or 7 games?

How many games do you work on at the same time?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

7 ideas or 7 games?

How many games do you work on at the same time?
7 concepts that are in the queue :) and I seem to have a better affinity for them than metroidvania design :D

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Sorry to hear that your games aren't selling as well as you'd hoped. Have you asked Kyrieru how he managed to generate such a big buzz about his games? I don't know what he managed to do there.

(His games are great, don't get me wrong! I just don't see why you haven't gotten the same press.)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry to hear that your games aren't selling as well as you'd hoped. Have you asked Kyrieru how he managed to generate such a big buzz about his games? I don't know what he managed to do there.

(His games are great, don't get me wrong! I just don't see why you haven't gotten the same press.)
I think it's mainly an issue of quality, I must not be at the level where people will discuss my games regardless of language, i know kurovadis got the attention of a lot of japanese forums (since it sold so well in opening week)

I have noticed though that conversations about his games here spring up naturally without his intervention, whereas i practically have the beg.

still the princess spritesheet for my first non adult game is finished so i can start working on that, i keep worrying over UI elements and how much to handhold the player...considering a pause screen with the controls on it

so first game in the queue, stealth platformer, in two minds about sending it to the yogscast, if they play through the entire game why would people buy it (since it's a puzzle game)

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I haven't read much of this thread so maybe you already know some of the shortcoming of this, but just a review here:

No storyline, weird mismatched music (Songs with lyrics are generally frowned upon in games like this because of repetition.), no description ingame of skills or what you're suppose to be doing. If you didn't know this was a "tower defense" game from reading the post here or that everything was trying to kill you, you probably wouldn't even know what to do.

The spriting needs work, there doesn't seem to be any shading/lighting or color variations to show details. Spriting is deceitfully difficult. You seem to know about Kyrie so checking out his smaller sprites or look up some mugen characters for ideas on that.

The game size/window is extremely tiny by default and it's difficult to even tell what's going on. It's easy to click outside the window with the default size, that should be fixed.

I mean this is useful for practice but I wouldn't personally ever try to sell something like this. It's a good start but I'd say you need more experience.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I haven't read much of this thread so maybe you already know some of the shortcoming of this, but just a review here:

No storyline, weird mismatched music (Songs with lyrics are generally frowned upon in games like this because of repetition.), no description ingame of skills or what you're suppose to be doing. If you didn't know this was a "tower defense" game from reading the post here or that everything was trying to kill you, you probably wouldn't even know what to do.

The spriting needs work, there doesn't seem to be any shading/lighting or color variations to show details. Spriting is deceitfully difficult. You seem to know about Kyrie so checking out his smaller sprites or look up some mugen characters for ideas on that.

The game size/window is extremely tiny by default and it's difficult to even tell what's going on. It's easy to click outside the window with the default size, that should be fixed.

I mean this is useful for practice but I wouldn't personally ever try to sell something like this. It's a good start but I'd say you need more experience.
we clearly have different work ethics, I believe even beginners should be paid for their hard work, otherwise thank you for the feedback

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

we clearly have different work ethics, I believe even beginners should be paid for their hard work, otherwise thank you for the feedback
Yeah it's good that you're trying to finish things anyways. That's a step above most people who don't complete anything, in some aspects.

And besides, if a fool buys something that isn't worth any money, he STILL can't complain as long as he hasn't been misled.
Pretty much.

Last edited:

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

And besides, if a fool buys something that isn't worth any money, he STILL can't complain as long as he hasn't been misled.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't think it takes a fool to buy my game, many of the people who bought it enjoyed it and thought it was worth the price.

ps - there is an in game manual for the people that need it F1

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Being a GM user myself, if you don't mind I would like to give you some advice for next time.

First of all, crank up that FPS to 60, smoother gameplay works miles better for 2D games, or any game in general.

Make fullscreen default, I know you can switch to it with F4 but half the people playing your game won't know that, and most won't bother checking the Help, especially if you don't say so somewhere inside the game, also, a simple icon based help inside the game is always better than a wall of text. People are lazy, especially inpatient hentai players who just want to jump right into the game.

To make it look more profesional don't use arial, look for a more pixel like font and make it smaller, even more if your screen is so small, compared to the rest of the game the text is huge.

I hate particle effects, especailly in pixel art games, but that's just me being a jerk, so, heh... sorry.

Is the music original? Comercial music wouldn't by my first choice and it sounds out of place IMO.

And yeah, I checked the demo, don't know how different is the final game, sorry about that.

I hope I don't sound too negative.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

you don't sound too negative spastus :)

my default gm font from now is the font i used for the new game and gallery text :)

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think it's well and clear right now that a lot of people are willing to help you out in a variety of ways, beta test, and give you some of the support this project probably could have used from square one. It's becoming a team project with flow, a continual growth of information and education... maybe even...
Knowledge and the skills to implement and use that knowledge properly are quite different. The latter takes a lot of practice and experience, usually years, whereas the knowledge can be easily found. For instance people who don't have experience drawing can notice anatomy mistakes of an artist but they themselves wouldn't be able to fix them or draw anything similar.

So yes, you can assist somebody with knowledge but when it comes to the actual work, that's quite different. There's enough knowledge on the interwebs to figure out how to improve your art or game making on your own. Most people are just too lazy and/or think using references and learning from people who have already accomplished things is for losers.

In short: Unless people are actually going to be drawing or writing stories or animating or helping with programming or something, I wouldn't consider it a team project.

/endseriousmode

I doubt you meant to be too serious with your post. I'm just tired as fuck, don't mind me haha.