Votes: 84 79.2%

• Total voters

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Nun VS Tentacles [Now for sale]

until these games are making a decent amount of money, none of my games can be considered team projects...except Object0, because my sprite guy is taking just as much risk with production as I am...

for other projects, I'm paying him/her for his work in advance, so it's more of a client/artist or employer/employee relationship depending on how you look at it... still I wouldn't mind a small team for making games because it increases the speed of production and the quality of games improves overall with multiple inputs.

yesterday i started work on my first non adult game, though i only just noticed my artists sprites still sort of look like they were drawn by me
sprites
I'm getting faster at coding too, my princess is all tweaked to do almost everything she needs to, i just need to add her rock throwing ability, i think i'm going for a hold and release system

when crouching
(x key) if global.rock>1{instance_create(
rock,x-5*facing(1 or -1),y
) global.rock-=1 }

every step it's held a variable increases (has a cap) and upon release starts moving at the variable/10*facing(1 or -1)

when the rock hit's anything, it makes a noise and checks if there are any nearby guards, thats an if statement involving distance_to_object()
if it's below a certain threshold the guard goes to investigate

the same system can be used for the sleep potions that are meant to be used in situations the player cant solve the puzzle, but there are only 3 planned to be collected throughout the game

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Sounds cool, but I hope you don't over complicate things and burn yourself out. I really want to see these projects take on more momentum! I think there's a lot of promise here.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds cool, but I hope you don't over complicate things and burn yourself out. I really want to see these projects take on more momentum! I think there's a lot of promise here.
I'm stuck on what should be a very simple thing but theres no tutorials anywhere...

i want to check

if a sprite, is completely contained within another sprite...

this is for the stealth aspect of princess game, the only thing i've managed is invisible on contact with shade... but this would mean her foot could be touching the shadow and nothing would see her

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm stuck on what should be a very simple thing but theres no tutorials anywhere...

i want to check

if a sprite, is completely contained within another sprite...

this is for the stealth aspect of princess game, the only thing i've managed is invisible on contact with shade... but this would mean her foot could be touching the shadow and nothing would see her
Not even sure what kind of game making program you're using. I have no experience with any kind of game programming though. It might help to give some more info anyways as someone else might be able to help. I'm still trying to decide if it's something I'm interested in...Time to do some researchhhhh and maybe draw more often.

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

instance_place or a simple collision, I guess you're trying to make it precise so it can tell if your completly covered by the shadow or not, I would use a workaround and make the mask of the shadow smaller, so when the character touches the mask you're already well under the shadow.

Or that's what I'm picturing in my head, a shadow cone coming down.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

instance_place or a simple collision, I guess you're trying to make it precise so it can tell if your completly covered by the shadow or not, I would use a workaround and make the mask of the shadow smaller, so when the character touches the mask you're already well under the shadow.

Or that's what I'm picturing in my head, a shadow cone coming down.
i considered that, but seriously...how can comparing bounding boxes not work? (when used in conjunction with co-ordinates)

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Check for a collision between the actor and the opposite of the container. e.g. if it's a cone, rather than total overlap with a triangle, you're instead looking for a collision with a giant "U" shaped thing.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Check for a collision between the actor and the opposite of the container. e.g. if it's a cone, rather than total overlap with a triangle, you're instead looking for a collision with a giant "U" shaped thing.
I shortened the shadows mask so when you poke out more than a little you become visible again, although then the shadows conflicted with each other, so i put it in the princess's step event instead

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Doesn't sound like a bad idea - hopefully it all will work out well o_o I look foward to the results either way~!
Is only 3 levels so far but it's going well

controls
arrow keys to move, x to jump, down to duck, hold and release x while ducking to throw a rock,

don't get seen by the guards, if you stand up in range behind them they turn around, so crawl

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wonder if this game will still have people playing it by the time my easter egg is legitimately discovered... it was just a thing I thought of as a throw in, thought it would be nice, be a shame if no one finds it

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

btw, I snuck the unlock code for this game into the unlock file for Damsel Quest

as a thank you to those who support me, though i think i went pretty meta as far as easter eggs go...

(you scroll down on the unlock ini to find a thank you message explaining this, but i really can't be bothered keeping it a secret any more)

Enotik

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The game size/window is extremely tiny by default and it's difficult to even tell what's going on. It's easy to click outside the window with the default size, that should be fixed.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The game size/window is extremely tiny by default and it's difficult to even tell what's going on. It's easy to click outside the window with the default size, that should be fixed.
i think full screen is f4 (sorry i didnt notice anyone commented)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Nun VS Tentacles [Happy Xmas (sorry it's such a cheap present)]

For all the people too poor to support me(financially), wish i had something for all the people who weren't... hmmm...

thank you everyone

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Anyone else getting a download time of 25 hours for the demo?

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's Rapidshare for you. I don't think they let you finish the download unless you log into a free account. Not sure though since they change their fucking site more often than Bowser kidnaps the princess.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

the fuck? that shouldnt be happenening... let me post mirrors

and in case its being a bitch with the unlockfile

notepad

1. copy/paste this

[unlock]
1=1
2=0

2.save as unlock.ini

demongod

Lurker
Reputation score

hey azure i just noticed something with u'r science girl game u'r making it looks almost like jungle girl by linemarvel who seems to have disapeared from the face of the web

and yes i know it's off topic but it kinda seems like a fun remake to me mate lol

Last edited:

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hey azure i just noticed something with u'r science girl game u'r making it looks almost like jungle girl by linemarvel who seems to have disapeared from the face of the web

and yes i know it's off topic but it kinda seems like a fun remake to me mate lol
Yes, Science Girl is a reference to that game. Glad to see someone other then me got that.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

there was nothing fun about making it...weeks of sitting on my ass waiting for a sprite, only to duplicate an object and change a few numbers