What's new

Battle & Breeding (Microlite20 PbP)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Battle & Breeding (Microlite20 PbP)

I'd be willing to run this, since I feel kind of meh about it dying like it did. Been running an odd thing with someone else using this ruleset, though I'm not any good at being a DnD GM at all since I know jack shit.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh. Unless that odd thing you've been running is utter shit or something, I don't think there's a reason why that would be an insurmountable problem.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

They've been having an okay time. It's just that someone who would be familiar with DnD would probably throw a fit if I ran something and made a lot of statements in the world that were inconsistent with lore. Or something. Then again I don't think it's very lore based when everything suddenly wants to rape you anyway. Just throwing that out there.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Well the good news is this ruleset is already kinda inconsistent with the usual lore. And the fluff is inherently mutable. I mean, most the stuff I wrote about lizardfolk isn't the norm.

Hell, most settings can;t even be consistent within themselves. Don't get me started on Golarion's "Undead are always evil, except when they aren't."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, I think this ruleset could be adapted to just about any generic fantasy setting, really. Now if we rolled with something like for example, then maybe we'd have some snags. And let's face it, DnD fluff is kinda bonkers in the first place.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Eh not really. And bonkers, yeah can be. Mostly long as the mechanics and the fluff work together it's not really an issue. It's when they start fighting or going opposite ways it stops making sense.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay then, I guess you guys can roll with previous or new characters then. Using the same method of dice rolling as before. Since I do have other things to run, there is no need to post oh-so-quickly or else the jabberwocky will get you. So yeah.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll go with my old one. I assume we're starting over from the beginning? Cause I might have to remove a few things from the sheet if yes.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Likewise

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, naturally so. Also, I'll be starting with a similar plot, being that you're all treasure hunters of some sort just after the phat lewt and whatever personal agendas you might have. Unlike my LoB game (and some others) I won't be involving any moral dilemmas. Just good old fashion combat against things everyone hates to some extent or another and the treasure that lies behind door #1. If you want to make evil/good characters, go ahead. Just know that the end goal is to work together to get the loot and then use whatever fortunes you earn for your own personal gain and that betrayal in any form will cause me to send the pig orc assassins to come and pork you. You'll have a bad time.

That being said, I will do some side stuff with people after a mission, sort of as a way to show that you are doing your side stuff with or without people with you. Like how I tried (and failed) to do with my glorious minions as the DM here didn't want me amassing an army. (Which I'm guessing is typically frowned upon in DnD, given it's DnD).

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, I'm still gonna be playing with necromancy come level 5 spells... At least, I think Create Undead was 5 in this one.

Zilrax

Reputation score

For the record, in standard dnd, there's a feat for that called Leadership that accounts for it. Prior to that, any followers are mostly independent npcs who can come or go as they please and usually require payment and hiring or whatnot.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I suppose Communication could substitute for that, here.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Speaking of, I'd need to rationalize each of those secondary stats to try and get them to cover the gambit of what you can do. Cuz I frequently ran into problems with the other thing I'm running where I had no idea which to use since nothing really worked that well.

I'll only go through that headache of typing them all out clearly if we get more than like.... two people tho.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, Communication would be social stuff obviously, Knowledge would cover any sort of in-depth theoretical study of a subject, Physical is rather self-explanatory I feel, just feats of strenght/agility and whatnot. Survival is basically any sort of activity involving outdoors survival, like hunting, foraging, finding water, determinind directions and the like. Subterfuge... Lying, stealing, bluffing, any sort of underhanded crap like this I bet.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

What about resisting disease. Resisting Mind Control.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Mind Control would be will save, the suggestion in Microlite PDF being Mind + character level added to a 1d20 roll. Disease would be Fortitude save, the suggestion being physical and STR. Reflex save would be DEX plus physical.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I actually ended up using Survival for things relating to treatment of disease and resisting. For just foraging and shit, it seems massively useless. So I also had it cover anything relating to Survival, including resisting stuff. It was also sort of a way to take a poop on how OP Physical seemed to be.

So, in the game I was running for one person, I took a lot of liberties. Since IMO, the default rules as they stand mean you could all go heavy into Physical and probably survive anything I could ever throw at you.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I can understand and accept using Survival for resisting disease or poison. Not sure if it'd fit mental effects, though. Mind + level, or Mind + something else seems like the better option. Altough taking a heavy Physical build would likely mean no spellcasters in party.