What's new

Battle & Breeding

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Battle & Breeding

Karaz grinned wide and chuckled lewdly. "Then an agreement it is." she said, before Faeyna refused her attempt to pick her up. "... Drak is tryin' to piss me off, ungi." she said, before noticing that the saint was still apparently unconscious, according to Faeyna. So, she knelt down, and tickled the saint's feet briefly. "Tickle tickle, wake up, indebted one." she beckoned.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Alia frowned as Arkeia stood between her and the spirit, brandishing her weapon. After listening to the pirate's arguments, she sighed and shook her head, muttering some unflattering words under her breath. "You think she'd get stuck in that bottle if I couldn't control her, Arkeia? The demon is a non-issue. I've control over her now, if I forbid it then she can't do a damn thing. Besides, cutting her off from the corruption in this place is bound to weaken her. As long as she's isolated in the bottle and nobody does anything stupid to it, she's not a threat. And seriously, now I get accused of using black magic? Just for a single binding spell? Aren't you being just a little bit paranoid? Plus, I'm pretty sure at least one of you should have some holy water on hand."

Having said her piece, the mage opted to step away to the side, pacing in irritation. The thing with the spirit in the underground cavern she could get. She may have made an error in judgement there. But this? She just forced the demon into a friggin bottle and locked her up, and all she got was hostility. Not even a "not bad" or anything, no. And it's not like she hasn't been pulling her weight, damn it! Nope, Arkeia just assumed she was going to screw this up. And of all people in the group, she really wasn't one to talk. Tervin hadn't missed who picked up the cursed crown left by the djinn. "I think your shaman kinda broke." She called out idly, glancing at Faeyna and raising an eyebrow at her odd speech.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Charsheet

"Aye, because no magus has EVER been killed or worse by a demon they thought they had under control," Arkeia retorted dryly before she could stop herself, her derision for Alia's confidence in the safety of her new minion fairly obvious. She swallowed her further retort, however, and instead sighed and said; "Look... We can argue about it later, this is neither the time nor the place." That said, the piratess would say nothing further on the subject at that point, or indeed until they had left the fallen temple entirely, unless Alia made real effort to push the issue.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Karaz glanced back at Arkeia. "If'n Alia gets killed by the demon, we simply kill the demon, and Alia if she's been enthralled." she said with a shrug. "Ya wouldn't put it past our capabilities, right ungi?"

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'd much rather it never come to that," Arkeia answered coolly, obvious distaste at the notion in her voice.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"I certainly wouldn't, Karaz." Alia interjected, nodding. "Altough I'd like to request you try a non-lethal method first, if it came to that. Still, I doubt she'd find me so easy to control." She glared at Arkeia, now starting to feel genuinely angry. Still, she said nothing further, opting to just keep standing around as she waited for the spirit to react.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The flickering spirit of the purified saint blinked several times, awakened by the arguing voice of her rescuers. She twisted in Faeyna's arms, turning towards the others.

"Thank you," she said weakly with a pained smile. "This is... all my fault. I should have noticed the poor girl's pain sooner. Perhaps I should have noticed all of their pain."

"I'm frightened, and I cannot remain incarnated much longer. Please, take my relics back to another church. This place is best forgotten now."

The spirit was barely a woman anymore, and more a vaguely feminine haze of light. "My axe. I want the dwarf to have it. Once I used it to shed much blood, and expanded the borders of our civilization. Perhaps now a different sort of bloodshed is needed to keep it from falling apart."

[Karaz gets the Axe of Saint Tylia. When the axe bearer uses Heroism to attack undead, demons, or other supernatural evils, she may add her heroism to both attack and damage, or may add double her heroism to either attack or damage.]

"I can feel the soul of Mother Ylana waiting above. A proud and inflexible woman, and harsh, but a talented teacher. The demons have been whispering into her ears as surely as mine. She will not be happy with your safe return. If you find yourself able, please, send her to the afterlife. There is nothing but suffering for her here."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Had a feelin', but who knows, if'n she's worth her salt as a stalwart member of this church, then maybe she'll be sane enough to remember my words." Karaz stated, before being directed to Tylia's axe, which Karaz took slowly from it's resting place.

"Thank ye, fer this gift. Yer physical attachments to this world will be brought to your sisters of the church. I give me honor as a proud dwarf woman warrior!" Karaz pounded her chest.

Then, Karaz took some steps forward, approaching Darla. "Let's rest up, in case things go south. Darla, heal us up will ya?"

(vote to rest before meeting with Mother Superior.)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Will your spirit be safe if we leave your remains here?" Arkeia asked immediately after the spirit's declarations and request, at least assuming she hadn't found an urn of ashes.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"My bones are nearly dust now, and can scarcely be inhabited anymore. It should not be a danger."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"If there is no corpse left, not even a skeleton, then necromancy isn't going to be much of a threat." Alia spoke up from her place. "The remains have to be in good shape for magic to have any effect. Otherwise they'll crumble under the spell's power." She shrugged, sitting down. "And I suppose we might as well sit down and rest for a bit. At least some of us are still beat up." The mage glanced at Faeyna. "In case Mother Ylana doesn't listen to us, it might be best to go in well-rested and ready." Mentally, Tervin made note to invest in some source of healing magic or alchemy once they got out of here. It just seemed prudent if they continued to take such jobs.

(Rest. Then move on to the encounter.)

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Faeyna nods as the spirit seems prepared to unmanifest. No remains didn't mean as much as one thought, but if the spirit was bound to the relics, not the location then it would probably be okay. She stayed hugged and nussling until it was done.

With the spirit gone she stretched and yawned, looking over at the others, and then curled up on the floor to take a nap, using her own tail as a pillow. Deal with bad spirit later. Fix altar and stuff. Yes.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

: 1d4+4 8 1d4+4 8 1d4+4 7 1d4+4 5

[Arkeia 15/15] (+6 HP)
[Alia 20/20] (+3 HP)
[Faeyna 11/26; 12/13 DEX; 6/11 MND] (+11 HP)
[Karaz 25/25] (+5 HP)

The saint evaporated into golden dust, sinking back into her various relics as her energy finally ran out. Still wide eyed, Darla began tending to the girl's wounds. Thankfully, save for Faeyna, the battle hadn't taken too much toll on the girls, and within an hour they were ready to brave the Mother Superior again.

"Giving up?" came the voice of the reforming spectre of Mother Ylana, the swirling mist forming an elderly woman's face with a superior sneer. "I had no doubt that you would be unable to brave our trials. They'll simply have to send real warriors, I suppose." The altar slowly slid back into place behind the girls as the ghost looked them up and down. She seemed to not have noticed the relics just yet... To tell the truth, or risk a lie?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Karaz cocked an eyebrow, her eyes were suspicious... Then, she clicked her tongue. "Tell me, ungi... What makes ya think we failed?" she asked. "Either you are correct, or we met with Saint Tylia and kicked the krut out of the succubus torturing her soul." she declared, before holding up her axe. "Ya must be blind, ungi. I hold in my hands, the trust of Saint Tylia. Never have I been so honored to receive such a fine axe, that I dare not even think about using it, because quite frankly, it is the first gift ever given to me by anyone." she stated honestly. "When Saint Tylia gave the axe to me, she told me somethin' I didn't quite understand. Are ya in pain, ungi? I couldn't tell before, since ya seemed reasonable. Normally, I'd assume she was wrong, and be on my way since ya seem fine... But unfortunately I am obligated to listen to her request."

Karaz stepped forward, her axe was low and in no position to strike. "Be honest with me, ungi... Did the demons get to you too?"

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"WHAT?!" the ghost shrieked, frost forming on the floor around her and the haunting, discordant tones that so recently infused the voice of Saint Tylia slipped into her words, "How dare you? You come to my chapel, defile our Saint's tomb, steal her relics, and accuse both her and I of succumbing to the taint of demons?"

"Who are you to offer me such insults, you wretched whore?"

The Mother Superior's eyes flashed, becoming ghostly blue beacons as shadows ran through her misty form where her veins should have been. She fury hung as heavy as the frost now forming in the air.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"The underground has been corrupted, much like many other places in this convent." Alia stepped up to the dwarf's side. "It certainly did not make the trials easier. Demons and their spawn added to the challenge, rather than make it easier. But we braved them and found Saint Tylia. We've defeated the demon that plagued her. And in turn, she asked us to deliver her possessions to the church, so that they might be safeguarded rather than left vulnerable here." The mage explained. "She also gifted our friend Karaz, trusting she would use this weapon to safeguard that which is good in this world, rather than let it lay idle while it could help. She also requested that we help you find peace, if you allow it. Because she respects you greatly, as a teacher and a proud woman. But tell me... Have you listened to yourself right now?"

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Saint Tylia's resting place was sealed. None of us could have bypassed the powerful barrier she set up to protect her artifacts, you should know that for a fact, Mother Superior!" she declared. "The only way I be holdin' this axe, is because she broke the seal HERSELF! But you should know that better than I, because I only met her today. How long have you known her, ungi!?" she declared. "You are powerful, Mother Superior, and cowardly demons whisper into your mind. Saint Tylia swore that if brought to light, you could cast away those shadows! See the logic, Mother Superior! Kick that demonic influence right in the arse! Saint Tylia is putting all of her faith in you! Do not fail her, ungi! She waits for you!" Karaz called out, beckoning Mother Superior to fight the influence.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Charsheet

Arkeia would keep mostly to the background, trying once again to be ignored. She was, after all, carrying most of the relics... Most of them. On one point, however, she couldn't keep silent; "We ain't lookin ter profit offa this. We'll take what we can get, somebody's soul shouldn't be left tah fester in a place like this. Not the saint's, and not yours either. There's nothing left here for you to protect, and nothing left for you to remember but pain. Go to your rest, mother!"

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Faeyna growled, slinking somewhere else trying to avoid direct notice too. Trying to reason with a Lost. Good luck. She waited for combat to begin, claws flexing, still not having the mental stability to contribute much. She was this close to just attacking the ghost... But she vaguely recalled not having something to hit her with. Darn bodiless Lost spirits!

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"No! You're lying!" the nun cried, "They have to be lying! Tell me they're lying!" she screamed into the nothingness around her.

Ylana remained wide eyed for a moment, then noddded slowly and clamed herself a bit. "I will protect the sanctity of this church forever! Saint Tylia has and will continue to do nothing less! You're trying to trick me, to steal our relics and sell them like the thieves you are!"