What's new

RPG [ Bias Factory] [ バイアスファクトリー] CRISIS CELL ~Underground Experiment Facility Infiltration~ / クライシス・セル ~地下実験施設潜入~ (RE192792) (RJ192792)

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Cell

Anyone who's successfully using this with a translator know how/if the protagonist ("CL-408B" per the tattoo she's given) is related to the girl from Plug Invade 2 ("DL-285C") ?

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Anyone who's successfully using this with a translator know how/if the protagonist ("CL-408B" per the tattoo she's given) is related to the girl from Plug Invade 2 ("DL-285C") ?
The games are all part of the same continuity/setting, but not sure otherwise

Slimeria

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As far as untranslated games go, this is definitely one of the best types. Most hard-to-machine translate titles either fall into the "very simple" category (platformers, fighting games) or "too difficult to play" category. Crisis Cell is a very easy to understand without having to memorize a UI or following an outline, but it's not so simple that it's unfun. Definitely a neat little game. Also, the setting is neat and pretty rare.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Continued my progress from the demo onwards, finished it in 7 hours. If I hadn't wasted time unlocking some of the earlier gameover scenes instead of concentrating on finishing the game I would have saved about an hour of playing time.

Although there's a points bonus for clearing a chapter first time round, the last two chapters are practically impossible to complete without retreating to camp at least once. If I had known the energy knife gave the ability to identify weaknesses I would have wasted less time on the final boss as well.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice little game.

One oddity I hit was that I had to Restart from Game Over scenes to save them to the Log. If I instead chose to reload the game would still remember that I'd seen the scene before, but it wouldn't be unlocked in the Log.

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So apparently you get the option to unlock everything anyway when you finish the game in its entirety, so the only practical reason to go out scene-collecting is for the sake of semantics.

That stinger tho

By the way, it's probably possible to finish every stage on the first go, although some of the later stages make it very impractically RNG-heavy to do so (each of the last boss' parts can be destroyed with one bazooka shot and two energy knife slashes to the weakpoint, in that order. Which means you need to have 4 bazooka rounds, counting the couple you can get from the loot spaces in the boss area.)

It's always possible to analyze enemies for their weakness, something that can turn out very convenient in the 4th and 5th stages where enemies are tough cookies and/or can't be beaten without hitting their weakpoints. Open the rightclick menu, select any enemy visible on the map, and choose the Search option. It doesn't expend your turn, but takes 2 time units for normal mobs, and way more (5, IIRC) for boss parts - the Terminal option to reveal a boss part's weakness really helps to circumvent that extra cost.

It's probably common knowledge already, but while loot obtained from nodes and the amount of uses on a terminal/med station may differ, the position of "everything important" (terminals, medical stations, enemies, save points, the gate) is predetermined when the floor loads, so with enough savescumming you can essentially chart a map of the floor. Of course, that requires finding the save point first.

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I like the game and I like the CGs, I just don't like the way the game delivers the CGs. It's all drip-fed at a glacial pace, I'd rather have seen combat H in this format so there'd be at least some variety in the time it takes to complete a single chapter beyond advancing the scene

Sharcuzi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This game is a masterpiece. How do "indie developers" come up with gameplay like this, for niche eroge games out of all places is beyond me, when not even AAA industry can come up with interesting ideas. The satisfaction of figuring out how to beat stage 3 boss and overcoming the challenges it presented (resource management) is very satisfying feeling. It's very nice to see how some of these simple stuff can add so much depth to the game. You basically have to "damage" the minions with assault rifle from distance, and save them for later to knife them when you need more ammo, but you have let them be in a place from where you can shoot the boss with the ammo you gathered from them. The whole boss fight plays almost like chess.

Roguelike elements for those who want to play "one go", but still option to "camp" if it feels like there's need to "upgrade" your gear, so everyone can enjoy the game. I personally like challenge so I haven't returned to camp, and I've tried to save scum as least as possible.

I was a bit torn at first if I would've preferred voice acting on the CG scenes, but I think leaving it out leaves more room for imagination, and it isn't so cheesy this way.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pretty fun, though it is HEAVILY rng based. You can get through most the game just on luck or get shafted over and over again on certain levels if you're unlucky. Nice to see some robots on girls for once, that's pretty rare. The art could use some work but it was okay.

chanzy7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Some other gameplay tips:
  • At any time, even while next to enemies, you can go back to the camp and there doesn't seem to be any penalties. You still retain any items and CG progress as well as earn supply points just as if you had cleared the stage.
  • Your ranged weapon can hit enemies two tiles away. To use this ability, right click and then click on your weapon. Note that killing a distant enemy doesn't leave behind loot.
  • Once you reach the 3rd, 6th and 9th floor of a stage, you will then be able to start on those floors when reentering a stage rather than the 1st floor.
So that's how I beat the 4th boss, the sniper is able to hit pin point targets by using it with the right click. Thanks for the tip!

Zaristel

Reputation score

V1.06 added a few new scenes.
Anyone got a link?

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I definitely enjoyed the game play and the H.

The latest version is included.

Attachments

Ear Canal

Reputation score
Anyone still interested in this game? I have a completed save file if anyone is interested ;)

All upgrades and cg acquired

The flash bangs aren't visible because I didn't grab them on stage 5. You just need to find them to make them visible on your inventory.
However, if you click on the blank space that used to be a flash bang, it will still work.

Idk, my first post, have fun :)

Attachments

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
The old DL for the game is dead, don't waste your time with it, just FYI.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So, seeing as I recently went to replay this, discovered my own copy had been corrupted, and could only find either multipart 50 kb/s downloads or a torrent with only 1 seed, I decided to bite the bullet, and go through with it, then come back and help everyone out. I also figure giving the thread a poke will let anyone who's newer and never had the oportunity to play a chance to find the game, and other people to remember it exists.

I really wish Bias Factory had made some follow up games after this one. This is really a gem, with really interesting strategic gameplay, and great CGs in a genre that isn't particularly common and was done very well.

Also for those of you that are less interested in the gameplay (why aren't you? It's great!) I have included my full save. You can either load the save from the bottom of page three, and everything will be unlocked, and you can replay any level that you want, or you can just watch the scenes from the main menu by clicking log, selecting the scene you want, and then clicking Allplay, to play the whole scene. Because of the way they are unlocked, you can also select just parts of them to replay if you want.

If you want to actually play the game yourself, I have the following strategic advice, some of which has been mentioned previously in this thread, but I'm reiterating here to have most of it in one place:

-You can at any point in time, open your menu by right clicking, and return to camp by clicking the camp button. This gives you points for however far you had gotten just the same as if you had beaten the stage. You can use these points to heal your self and repair your armor very cheaply (you should always do this) restock your limited supplies, and upgrade your equipment.

-From this right click pause screen, you can also click on any enemy or boss part you can see and see it's attack range highlighted in red (from it's current position, it might move) and if you click search in the bottom right you can find it's weakpoint automatically, rather than by trial and error. It costs some of your time, but doesn't actually let anyone else move, so you don't risk being attacked back when you find weakpoints just running out of time. Scanning for a weakpoint like this takes 2 time units on a normal enemy, and 5 time units on a boss segment (this actually means that buying the boss weakpoints from the store is cheaper, it only costs 3 time units there, but it does use up one of the store charges that you could have used for something else, and uses time from the normal levels, which is often more important than time in the boss level.)

-Upgrading your knife increases the damage it does, and upgrading your guns increases the amount of ammo you can carry at once. Same goes for the grenades and rockets, upgrades let you carry more.

-There is an advantage to competing the level in the first run without ever returning to your camp. It gives you an extra 50% of the points you earned from the stage, which is a pretty large number if you do it all in one go. I also know for a fact that its is possible to do it in each stage as I beat the game without manually returning to camp. However, it will probably require some save scumming tactics if you do it.

-On the topic of save scumming: As far as I'm concerned the game was brilliantly designed such that you can save scum, or not, and both tactics are both valid, difficult, and doable. If you decide not to save scum, you should approach it like a rogue-lite. You will die sometimes to RNG and bad luck, but each time you do, so long as you choose restart, not load, you'll get all the points you would have earned from just retreating to camp, all your health and armor back, some of your ammo, and can restart the stage from every third floor you reached, or the boss room if you made it there. You can upgrade your equipment, restock, and get a bit further each time until you've beaten the stage. If you decide to save scum, your strategy changes a bit in that suddenly the most important thing to do on each new floor is to find the save point as quickly as possible. Once you do, you can use the time you have left to map out the level, reloading the level every time you run out of time units, until you know where all the traps and enemies are, where the exit is, and where the weakpoints on all the enemies are. Then do one last run to clear out everything you want from the level, and jump down into the next level. This all works, because the main positions of everything are loaded when the level starts. The enemies will always be in the same place, the traps, store, exit won't move if you load from a save point on that level. Each level also has a tile that can give you a grenade, a tile that can give you a rocket, and a tile that can give you 10 time units, and these will also always be in the same spot, so keep your eyes open on your random tile drops. Some aren't random. The rest however, are, which is why even after you've mapped where everything is, if things go wrong, say you jumped down into the next level, but had horrible spawn luck and activated three enemies with your first three moves and want to restart. Reloading and jumping down again will work to randomize that level again, but it will also randomize your drops again, so if the first time through you had a bunch of health and armor drop and went into that level fully healed, maybe next time around you get lower numbers on some of the tiles, and ammo from some others, and so start the next level with less health and armor, even if your starting luck is better. There's still randomness to it, and deciding when to stop and save, and when to just make do becomes a very important decision. I personally used the save scum method, and made grid maps with a pen to keep track of everything, but this is all just potential advice. It's entirely up to you how you play it. Oh, and one last thing to note if you save scum. You can use the store if you find it to pay some time to find the weakpoint of one section of the boss at a time. The thing is though, those weakpoints are decided when you start the stage, and don't change, so you can save scum to figure them out, write them down off to the side, and then reload to have the info without paying. It won't show up on your screen, but so long as you either remember or keep notes, you'll still have the info when you reach the boss.

Attachments

simplyjohannas

Reputation score
You, friend, are a scholar and gentleman. I've been trying to find this for a while, and I appreciate the chance to finally see what it's all about.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So to my complete and utter shock, Bias Factory just released a new game. It is currently avalible only on the JP dlsite, not the english DL site, and it's a return to form of their original style games and is ADV, not RPG like this one. It also contains loli, so I will post nothing else about it, and being ADV, I'm less interested myself, but I felt it worth letting everyone know that this circle is amazingly enough not dead, and could potentially one day make an RPG sequel to this game. Circle revived after 3 1/2 years. Whoot!