What's new

"Big News for Kimochi & Nutaku"

blubbat0r

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: "Big News for Kimochi & Nutaku"

I haven't played all of them but LoV for example didn't die because tastes in the west are different but because it was grossly mishandled.
And from what I hear I about other games that is still very much present in the current situation (aigis, fkg and others)... so yeah... there's that.
On one hand I am kinda happy for the kimochi guys, on the other hand I have zero confidence in Nutaku's business sense, experience & practices.

Welp, we'll see.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

On one hand I am kinda happy for the kimochi guys, on the other hand I have zero confidence in Nutaku's business sense, experience & practices.

Welp, we'll see.
To be fair, it should be easier to handle games that don't require constant updates and events right?

I think?

Maybe...?

On a side note, I went to the site and the first thing I noticed about the download is that it specifically says windows 64 bit.

GUESS I"M NOT DOWNLOADING IT.

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

On a side note, I went to the site and the first thing I noticed about the download is that it specifically says windows 64 bit.

GUESS I"M NOT DOWNLOADING IT.
The Kimochi client is for win64 before it's closed.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So, Breeding Season is still in the launcher, and the other developer don't seem to know about this?

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I haven't played all of them but LoV for example didn't die because tastes in the west are different but because it was grossly mishandled.
there are still ads for LoV up too I just saw one on nyaa just now :rolleyes:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Speaking of Breeding Season, would legal action be able to be taken on Nutaku for still offering a game that's supposedly no longer allowed to use the art in it?

If so, someone should probably like... Tell Nutaku or something I guess?

Also doesn't the game violate some of their rules in the first place?

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Speaking of Breeding Season, would legal action be able to be taken on Nutaku for still offering a game that's supposedly no longer allowed to use the art in it?

If so, someone should probably like... Tell Nutaku or something I guess?

Also doesn't the game violate some of their rules in the first place?
We don't really know the specific situation on the deal, and I've talked to one of the dev, they said that Nutaku and Kimochi haven't contacted them, and their having trouble contacting either of them.

So the most likely situatuation is they haven't had a team on it yet, since I remember they have a different standard on the game they will sell, so most likely they are putting a team to manage it, and will hopefully contact all the dev on it regarding it's current status, and on past customer that have purchased from it too.

Otherwise, it's likely to fail again.

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm not sure how to break this to Nutaku, but they might wanna update their screenshots ...
Just sent /u/thundra a message and am awaiting reply. I reckon I'll be hearing from them soon on "Arena of Audacia".

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I never got too into Nutaku games, way too many microtransactions, and microtransactions + hgames is a recipe for disaster, a gold mine for game devs to make a quick buck off of horny guys with too much money.

Hopefully that microtransaction side of nutaku will die off and fuck off.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just sent /u/thundra a message and am awaiting reply. I reckon I'll be hearing from them soon on "Arena of Audacia".
So that's 3 dev that haven't heard of this?
SourJelly for Anthophobia, You, and Ero for Kurovadis?

That is certainly weird, not contacting the developer, as they'll be making the game, before announcing it, especially for those dev that have already sold stuff on it, will their old purchase/customer still get, or is it starting over?

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Give them some time, it need to be adjusted first.
Plus, dont forget they still need to take care of their own buisness.
The Kimochi stuff will happen much later i guess.

blubbat0r

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And that'd be exactly one of those things I am talking about when I say "business practices". Informing all the devs who have games on kimochi about what's up, what this whole deal means for everybody, giving them an at least rough time table of when to expect certain things to get moving, who to contact for information and how to do that should've been one of the very first things on Nutaku's checklist of "things to do urgently" directly after the acquisition and definitely before going public with it.

And "keep in mind they still need to take care of their own business". This is their own business now. It's literally their job to ensure things are going smoothly and to properly plan ahead when taking over another business.

Tbh I'm not expecting anything more than the regular half-assednes one is already used to.

Last edited:

Shyao

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Guys, seriously, calm your tits. Let's keep in mind that just because people aren't replying to you doesn't mean there's effectively radio silence. It can mean that those devs are busy with, I don't know, putting their games on Kimochi. Let's keep in mind that, in the world of business, if you want to make money, there's a lot of hard work, planning, and time to be invested if you want to be successful.

Let's also keep in mind that such a move as Nutaku partnering up to bring back Kimochi is a move that likely has a lot of work going into it. Those screenshots of Kimochi run via Nutaku was likely made weeks, if not months, ago, before Breeding Season fell apart. They probably won't change them either since it's a mock-up, meant to show what Kimochi through Nutaku will look like.

I'd also like to point out that no one can really blame Nutaku for what goes on. Nutaku is a business, and while they may be run by passionate people who wish to bring us wonderful h-games, they're still a business. Running games is expensive and if a game isn't making enough money to validate it's existence on their site, they need to shut it down to make room for something else. Yes, it may upset the fans, but that's how things go. This happens to MMOs all the time.

Simply put, we don't know how much each game generates in revenue for Nutaku. And while you may buy your coins from Nutaku itself, they can likely tell you exactly where everyone uses their coins. Games that aren't getting those coins spent on are dead weight; there's no point in updating it anymore since the costs to translate and update the game may exceed how much money the game is bringing in.

Also, let's not blame Nutaku for things that're, ultimately, DMM's fault. If DMM tells Nutaku to say something but later changes it's mind, blame DMM for that; not Nutaku. Nutaku has problems, yes, but let's keep those to things that're their fault, not things they have no control over.

blubbat0r

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As I read it earlier posts weren't about people not being able to get in contact with devs but devs not being able to get in contact with Nutaku or Kimochi. A completely different issue.

And while I agree that some of the blame with the online games definitely lies with DMM and the respective japanese devs (many japanese devs are notoriously fickle when dealing with western markets in general, even in the AAA industry... that's not a secret) they didn't promise us certain things to happen at certain times. Nutaku did.

And while I get that DMM doesn't necessarily care much about the en version of one of their games getting regular updates to ensure that people stick with it in the first place, it is Nutaku's job to negotiate terms to ensure that happens.

LoV for example didn't get a single update for months after release, then it received tuned down events and events which lasted way longer than in the original, we had an occasion where an event which lasted 2 weeks in the dmm version lasted a whole month for us.... pretty much everybody was about done with it after one week. Add to that bad communication, a lot more broken promises (announced site features, other games which we were told would come at some point but never did) and you get what we have now - a lot of salt, scepticism and cynicism...

And yeah, I know that sometimes the jp devs don't even tell Nutaku what's going to be in the next update for a game until right before it drops (was the case in LoV on multiple occasions)... and while I appreciate that it is probably hard as someone with relatively little leverage in relation to dmm to get good terms for a deal as they have it going... if they can't get a good deal out of it I am not going to say "Good job, here, take some more of my money.".

As a responsible consumer/customer (and I actually was/am a customer, I have bought nutaku gold in the past) I won't spend any money if the business asking for it isn't able to ensure I am having a good time in exchange for it.

I honestly don't think I am unreasonable here. I don't expect miracles but I expect from this company trying to project the image of a professional business the same level of professionalism I expect from any other company trying to sell me a product/service.

And at the same time, if I was a games developer and a company recently acquired a service I am in some kind of business relationship with I'd expect said company to inform me what that means for those business relationships in the future. Preferably before they announce the whole thing to the general public. Anything else is just bad business in my opinion.

Let's keep in mind that, in the world of business, if you want to make money, there's a lot of hard work, planning, and time to be invested if you want to be successful.
Exactly my point.

Last edited:

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Guys, seriously, calm your tits. Let's keep in mind that just because people aren't replying to you doesn't mean there's effectively radio silence. It can mean that those devs are busy with, I don't know, putting their games on Kimochi. Let's keep in mind that, in the world of business, if you want to make money, there's a lot of hard work, planning, and time to be invested if you want to be successful.

Let's also keep in mind that such a move as Nutaku partnering up to bring back Kimochi is a move that likely has a lot of work going into it. Those screenshots of Kimochi run via Nutaku was likely made weeks, if not months, ago, before Breeding Season fell apart. They probably won't change them either since it's a mock-up, meant to show what Kimochi through Nutaku will look like.

I'd also like to point out that no one can really blame Nutaku for what goes on. Nutaku is a business, and while they may be run by passionate people who wish to bring us wonderful h-games, they're still a business. Running games is expensive and if a game isn't making enough money to validate it's existence on their site, they need to shut it down to make room for something else. Yes, it may upset the fans, but that's how things go. This happens to MMOs all the time.

Simply put, we don't know how much each game generates in revenue for Nutaku. And while you may buy your coins from Nutaku itself, they can likely tell you exactly where everyone uses their coins. Games that aren't getting those coins spent on are dead weight; there's no point in updating it anymore since the costs to translate and update the game may exceed how much money the game is bringing in.

Also, let's not blame Nutaku for things that're, ultimately, DMM's fault. If DMM tells Nutaku to say something but later changes it's mind, blame DMM for that; not Nutaku. Nutaku has problems, yes, but let's keep those to things that're their fault, not things they have no control over.
It's the dev having problem contacting Kimochi/Nutaku, and that is not a good sign, especially prior to the public announcement, since there are also dev that have sold their product on the platform, and are planning future update(Anthophobia) will they keep their account, etc?

And relaunching it, but keeping breeding season in, with the current fiasco on it, is just not giving a good image.

The announcement could have gone off, but relaunching it, with dev publicly stating they are not aware, and having problem figuring what's going on, is not a very professional attitude.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can somebody explain to me what the FKG fiasco is and what's up with Breeding Season? o.o
They announced at the start of the current event that DMM devs said winners of the popularity contest would get a wedding version if there wasn't already one. Then during 2nd half they said that it's not happening.
As for Breeding season.

E

erobotan

if you devs want to know about whats going on you should contact nutakutom in skype instead of the previous kimochi devs. Other alternatives is you can wait until nutakutom receive your contact list from the kimochi devs & contact you,

Here is the announcement:

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Can somebody explain to me what the FKG fiasco is
Sure. I don't know how much you know about FKG, so this might be slightly longer than it needs to be.

FKG is a game originally from Japan, licensed by DMM (the platform/website that provides the game) to Nutaku for western release. FKG was out in Japan for about a year before Nutaku launched their version. Because of this, the Nutaku version is behind by about a year in most cases (event schedule, unit releases, some features etc). This isn't the problem - this is standard for this kind of thing (there's not really another way to do it, let's be honest).

So, one of these events, the one on right now, rewards the player with voting tickets when they do event maps. These tickets can be spent on a popularity poll that includes most of the current girls in the game. In the Japanese version, the top 3 units of this poll received new unit versions - new artwork, new skills, new voicework/writing, new H scene(!!!).

Now, initially, when Nutaku launched this event, they announced that, not only would we get the 3 new units from the Japanese poll, but we would also get 3 new units of our own, based on who won our poll, made by/certified by the JP devs. This made most people pretty happy, because in the runup to the event we had assumed such a scenario would be to good to be true, considering that the relationship between Nutaku and DMM for other games seemed detached at best.

But then, halfway through the event, we are told (through Discord, a 3rd party chat program, not any official channels until like 12 hours later), that we will not be getting our poll winners as new units. Instead we'd receive some of the freemium currency based on how many tickets we'd collected, and then there would be a boosted-chance gacha machine for the 3 winners. A Nutaku dev gave this statement as expanation:
We were informed today by the original developer that the re-skin of characters is no longer an option. They are concerned that allowing us to have exclusive content will impact their product over in JP (which is fully understandable). Therefore, we are no longer able/ allowed to run the popularity contest as advertised until now. Instead we will try our best to compensate you for the trouble once the event ends and make sure the winners will have a special treatment going forward. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and fully understand decisions such as tracking us down, searching for our addresses and so on... Please understand however that this is their title and we can only run it by accepting their terms.
Some players, particularly those who have played the JP version of FKG, do not believe that the JP devs would treat their game like this, and think Nutaku are lying. Others say the JP devs just don't care about western players. We're probably never going to get the full story.

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It was probably a case of lofty ideas, making promises out of considerations, and winding up with the original devs backing out of it because it would be too much of a hassle. I think Nutaku is at fault only for making a hard deal out of something that was, to the devs, only a possible consideration.

But then again I don't know for sure and for all I know this could run all the way to the Vice President, and I'd better stop digging if I knew what was good for me.