What's new

RPG WolfRPG [Black Train/Kuro Densha] 忘却のイグドラシル - Explorer of Iggdrasill (RJ235917)

Orsinial

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Haven't seen any posts referencing this so I figured I'd put one up now that there is a playable demo. This OP is based on the stuff I encountered in the demo and as such, may be subject to change based on things the dev adds as the game nears completion.

DISCLAIMER: I have yet to see any evidence of a loli character in looking over the dev's Twitter or going through the demo but given that the previous game, Huntress of Nipurheim had a girl who was pretty small-statured, I will keep an eye on it and update accordingly.

Gameplay -
Seems like a pretty standard dungeon diving RPG with the regular Wolf/RPGmaker controls (arrow keys to move, z for confirm, x for cancel, ctrl to skip through text etc.). The goal is to climb the tower, while trying/trying not to get fucked by traps, monsters, and humans along the way. The battle system is pared down compared to the previous game by Kuro Densha, with just the choices of Recovery, Attack, or Run, but there are two mechanics where the heroine can: a) press arrow keys in order to try to reduce incoming attack damage and b) throw out an extra damage attack at 100 TP based on timing. There is a class system that influences stat growth on levelup and increases attack power based on preferred weapons. Weapons and shields can be found off enemies and chests and can vary in rarity with extra properties.

H-Content: CG scenes seemed to be based on encountering traps in the dungeon and specific nightly actions (resting at a campsite and picking the second option, then going around and talking to NPCs with the artificer guy) so far, but that may change as more content is added. H-sprite animations can be triggered by using the Shift Button in combat to recover hp *if* you have spoken to the artificer guy in camp and set the potions to trigger estrus in the heroine (Can be set to 0, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%).
H-scenes seen so far:
  • Interspecies/Monster
  • Human
  • Tentacles

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
There's no lolis currently, and probably won't be. Unless the mc experiences some sort of lolitization or some shit like that. This is honestly the only game currently worth waiting for.

Ilverin

Reputation score
Huntress of Nipurheim was a really nice game, looking forward to see how this one goes.

OP
O

Orsinial

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The game is now out!

Touhoufan2

Reputation score
Nice, is anyone thinking about doing a partial translation?

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Sad that there isn't much. I finished the game and only got like 4-5 cg?

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sad that there isn't much. I finished the game and only got like 4-5 cg?
wait, really? i just got mine but i thought theres more cg with that many clothes at sneak peek picture...

phantorios

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
the game is seems good at beginning, and then the latter end i think they just rushed to complete the game tho... since this game is actually scheduled to released on around late last year but it got delayed because of "some problem" that they dont tell their fan... this game got many potential but they just wasted it because they just rushed to complete the game tho.... just hoping they make more update or dlc so they doesnt waste the potential of this game :(

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
wait, really? i just got mine but i thought theres more cg with that many clothes at sneak peek picture...
There is more, but playing this game like a game just makes it so you miss a shit ton of stuff. You need to level those sex scores either by stepping on traps or my losing fights iirc. At some point you should be doing more lewd things, but my girl stayed relatively fresh.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to the H Games section, as it has been released.

DemonBreath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So the game's great, maybe even amazing, and for me the best release of the year so far. If you don't give a shit about playing it, I have the full save below.

Mini-Review:
The game has a similar amount of scenes to Huntress of Nipelheim (30 vs 33), but instead of CG cut-ins there is actual pixel animations. There's only a few types of enemy that get reused, but all 7 costumes have their own animations, Mei isn't just conveniently naked, so that's a massive plus already. That being said though, if you didn't care for Black Train's other games, this isn't going to win you over. The aversion to showing penetration/see-through dick in CGs is still present; and arguably worse than its ever been. There are a few CGs where the penetration is just being covered by a foreground object. I like the art enough to not really mind (since Black Train's forte is in the facial expressions), and its actually kinda hot in its own way.
Scenes are excellent as expected. Though Azel is undeniably the hotter character, Mei is still pretty fucking sexy, and the scenarios she is in are great. Voice acting is also top-notch. Kiyal has your typical rough sounding slut voice, but Mei's more innocent voice has a great underlying sexiness to it. You can tell she's a whore but not ready to admit it, and the way her voice actress changes her inflections to reflect her embrace of it is fantastic.
The game is also pretty long. If you read everything/can actually understand Japanese you're looking well over 5 hours. I read what I could and skipped most of the text and had more than 2 hours playtime. Story isn't amazing, but Mei's reactions are pretty hot. Like Azel she is a natural slut, but tries to resist it as much as she can; which obviously won't last for very long. So very light corruption theming I guess (but no scenes are missable, at least to my knowledge.)
Game is also similar to Azel in the sense there's very light NTR. There is a male character (Gill), who can watch Mei have sex, but its not as if they're romantically involved, and Gill can also have sex with Kiyal (the Merchant), and also gets a scene with Mei during the ending. But if even a whiff of NTR is enough to send you into a blind rage, you're probably not going to like this.

Mini-Walkthough/Guide:
- Combat is very simple, with only an attack, heal, and run option. The heal initaties a sex scene, restoring health, and also steals the enemy's weapon, bringing down their offense quite a bit. Bosses have no scenes, and their offenses aren't reduced by healing. At 100 TP you unleash a critical hit after playing a QTE. Failing does 80% damage, suceeding deals 200%, and perfecting deals 400%. Stats don't seem to have any effect on this. Using heal/crit drains the whole TP bar, even if you have surplus. This is probably a glitch, since you can increase the TP bar beyond 100.
- Blocking works on a QTE, and the higher the block% on the shield the harder the QTE.
- Weapons have a gacha system, and some bosses/chests drop tickets you can use to spin the gacha. This is the merchant's bottom option. Ranks are normal/rare/super rare/ultra rare. Rare gets stat bonuses+1 passive, SR is 2 skills and UR is 3 skills. Shields are much rarer, found only in chests or bought from the merchant.
- First option for weapons in menu is equip, second is sell, and third send to storage. The chests in safe houses are storage, with first option to access and second to deposit. Money is not rare, since its only used on shields and consumables, which can't be used in battle, and shields are cheap enough you will have more than enough money for them.
- Talking to Gill (armless guy) allows Mei to change class, and unlock new ones using keys dropped by some bosses. Early game Cleric seems the best since defense is more important, but by late game thief is far and away the best. Try your best to roll knives with insta-kill skills since BOSSES ARE NOT IMMUNE TO INSTA-KILL, INCLUDING THE FINAL BOSS. Each hit has a chance to proc the effect, so use thief to maximise your number of hits/insta-kill chance.
- Most h-scenes are activated from using the bed at the main hub and then selecting the bottom option. You then control Gill who talks to NPCs to activate scenes whre he watches Mei through a screen.
- Fighter classes are immune to red button style ero-traps, but not the pits. For all other classes it is the inverse.

Save has 100% of scenes, but not technically 100% since there is a logbook for all weapons, but fuck me if I'm going to try to get them all.

Attachments

OneOfUs

Reputation score
CG scene 9 and 13 are my personal favorites, but i wish it was an animation instead of several still images... Still got off to pure CG though, which is an accomplishment since CG never really does it for me.
I'm surprised all the blowjob and stuck-in-wall stuff didn't interest me, but i guess the cheeks being squished for 9 and...the outfit in general with butt-stuff for 13 was a fetish i didn't know i had till now.
For reference at another CG done well for potential developers as future reference, i liked ' ' by Diesel Mine, the water fountain scene specifically for me.
I don't know, maybe the voices helped a bit too, since they sound 'realistic'.

Now i need to go check out Black Train's older games in the future.

kayhole

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
How do i get other classes besides theif cleric and warrior? I have extra keys but i dont' see anyway to unlock them.

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
How do i get other classes besides theif cleric and warrior? I have extra keys but i dont' see anyway to unlock them.
Just keep going, they are unlock at a certain point in game, just past the 35th floor boss I think.