Catherine (Quartz)

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Catherine (Quartz)

"I think you should lead, I'd rather watch you fall into a pit of slime then me." He gives a small sigh. "Besides, I can't watch your cute little ass if I'm in front." He gives a lewd grin.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Catherine shrugged. "I guess you do have more to look at now. Still don't understand your fascination with me and slime though.." She moves on towards the next room, purposefully swaying her hips as she walked.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The next room was fairly empty. Containing little to nothing interesting excepting multiple exits, three of them in fact, two going down as stairways, and the third going up

If Catherine asks Marc, he just gives a little shrug. The room seems pretty empty, but who knows what might be around.

Quartz

Reputation score

Looking around the room, Catherine shrugged as she saw the various exits. "Let's try one of these downward stairs first, I guess."

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Walking down into the darkness, luckily held at bay by torches along the walls, to keep away the grues, obviously. The pseudo party entered a small room, where Catherine found a whetstone, Marc's axe, being sharp enough as it was already, couldn't make much use of it. So she applied to her sword, the keen edge shimmering in the torch light.

(Catherine's sword has been sharped, giving a 10% increased critical chance, for 3 crits)

Quartz

Reputation score

Catherine smiled as she watched the little shimmer from the torchlight on her sword's edge. "I'm glad we found that, now I'm sure the monsters won't be too keen on messing with us any time soon!" She left a pause before adding. "..Aww, nothing? Oh well, onward then."

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Catherine and Marc continue along the twisty turny hallways of the castle, eventually coming to a door.

Checking it carefully, they open it, discovering a large library behind it.

Quartz

Reputation score

Catherine walked through the aisles of the library, tilting her head curiously at the rows upon rows of books. I wonder what these are doing here, they don't really seem to fit in with the rest of the dungeon. Keeping an eye out for any monsters lurking around for an easy ambush, she walked around searching for another exit. She wasn't really interested in reading anything here, and she doubted Marc was either.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Catherine wasn't quite watching her footing when she tripped over "The Art of Dodging".

Rubbing her now sore head, she examined the book. Taking a quick look to see what it was about, she learned quite a bit of useful tricks, as far as avoiding enemies go.

(Catherine gained trait: Dodger 1 | +1 to defensive rolls when not entangled or captured)

Quartz

Reputation score

This game has an odd sense of humor.. Catherine thought as she flipped through the book with a bemused look on her face. After deciding she had gleaned all she could from it, she gently placed the book back on one of the shelves and continued meandering through the library as she looked for an exit.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Catherine finds an exit to the library, Marc following close behind, stifling a yawn. "Not much interesting here, is there?" He finally says.

Though as he says this, the group finds another room, an Armory, in fact.

Quartz

Reputation score

"You're right. I can't help but notice the distinct lack of monsters for us to bravely vanquish in search of treasure and beautiful maidens these past few rooms. Hrm, at least there might be an interesting weapon laying about here." Catherine walked ahead, looking around at the weapons as she passed them.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Catherine wandered through the armory, seeing any kind of old style weapon she could imagine. She also found a small, well crafted bucker, which could be used with any weapon, regardless of style.

(Can pick up any time of weapon, received a buckler, +1 to defensive rolls when worn.)

Quartz

Reputation score

Overlooking the weapons laying about as she passed them, Catherine wandered the armory aimlessly looking around. She was comfortable with the sword she started with, since it felt pretty natural in her had at this point. Eying the buckler, she went over and grabbed it off of one of the displays. Since it looked to be the right size, she strapped it to her fore-arm to judge how it felt. This fits really well, actually. Satisfied with her new gear, she turned back to Marc. "Lets go ahead to the next room, unless you found something you like..?"

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Marc takes a quick look around the armory and shakes his head. "Nah, I'm fine with my ax." he says.

Moving on, the group starts up a spiral staircase to a tower. They reach the first floor, where they see something interesting. It looks like a sort of wolf, but with black tentacles growing from it's back, waving back and forth in the air.

Tentaolf 5/5 HP
Catherine 3/5 FP 0/4 AP
Marc 4/4 HP

Quartz

Reputation score

"So, is it my turn to sit on the sidelines and leer?" Catherine joked as she took a few side steps away from Marc and readied her newly found buckler. Once she had a little bit of distance between her and Marc, she slowly started to advance on the wolf with her sword ready to stab at it as soon as she got close enough.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

12 vs 5 | 12 vs 4
20 vs 21

Catherine and Marc jump into action, landing solid hits on the beast before it can even react. But after it's solid beating it quickly hops back in a fighting retreat as it swings its members at Catherine, who managed to gracefully dodge around the attacks.

Tentaolf 3/5 HP
Catherine 3/5 FP 0/4 AP
Marc 4/4 HP

Quartz

Reputation score

Growing a little bit more used to the rhythm of attack and counter attack, Catherine was a little bit emboldened by her nimble dodge of the monsters attack. Trying to keep the wolf off balance, she continued to charge while slicing at any of the tentacles that came near her.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

9 vs 18 | 21 vs 12
3 vs 22 counter

The battle moved forward, Catherine missing her hit as Marc landed a powerful overhead blow on the creature. Catherine's nimble dodging and use of her new shield bringing her to the point where she landed a counter-attack on the beasts latest assault.

Tentaolf 1/5 HP
Catherine 3/5 FP 0/4 AP
Marc 4/4 HP

Quartz

Reputation score

Seeing the wolf on its last legs, Catherine dashes in towards it and tries to run it through with her sword.