What's new

Cecilia's Tale - A Bitbot CYOA

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Cecila's Tale - A Bitbot CYOA

Well, the reason he's here is to beat up on monsters, so let him have at it. Being a sexy librarian, it may well be that the best way to help is to quickly look up what exactly it is. Though if it's just a slime he might have beat it by then anyway.

Tactics... unless the book suggests something, Dan probably knows better then we do.

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I agree wit thetwo above me.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty much ditto what thetwo said! Dan seems to have a good knowledge of tactics... he can probably make the right choices for himself (unless he's a witless NPC and we just haven't realized it yet? :I)

I'd suggest trying to look the creature up. We have our staff on hand if it gets too close.

(And running out to meet it would be a very foolish idea, after all. XD)

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Let Dan keep it at bay while we look it up. If it is still alive by the time we find information about it then we should be able to dispatch it soon after.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, the reason he's here is to beat up on monsters, so let him have at it. Being a sexy librarian, it may well be that the best way to help is to quickly look up what exactly it is. Though if it's just a slime he might have beat it by then anyway.

Tactics... unless the book suggests something, Dan probably knows better then we do.
This.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Unknown is bad.

Wait a while on the road, see if it comes to us. Dan can whack it then. Meanwhile, check your book. Make sure there aren't any vines in the way as you back off, getting some distance between you and Dan and the slime. Try to stay on the road while you move away, if possible.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You take a quick look at the creature, identifying it as a slime, easily, that part anyone could figure out just by how it looks. This particular one is a blue-green in color, which you identify as a mutation...but you can't remember what mutation it is. You know only that it has a specific weakness and it's almost impossible to defeat otherwise.

As you dig for your book, you see it move forward and almost leap towards Dan, identifying him at the nearest target. Dan manages to bring his sword up, slicing the terrible thing in two as it falls to the ground, but that reminds you what this particular slime is, a replicating slime! One of the rarer mutations, when attacked with any weapon that cuts, this slime duplicates itself, and the part sliced off becomes a new slime, at full strength! And they heal almost instantly! You can't quite remember what the weakness is, quickly backing up a few steps so the slime doesn't get too close to you as you flip through your monsters of the world book, looking for it as you try to shout to Dan. "Don't attack it Dan! It'll only continue to split unless you manage to utterly squash it or you have...I can't remember I'm looking it up!"

Dan shouts back. "Yeah, no I just remembered it, shit, I forgot about these guys, and hurry up, I can't remember the weakness either...and I don't think I can utterly squash it."

Dan decides to try and focus on avoiding attacks for now as the slime double team him. He dodges to the side as one of them leaps at him, only to be smashed in the side by the other one as the first one was a feint. You hear him groan a bit on the pain as he grits his teeth and prepares for the next set of attacks as you flip through your book, finally calling out to him. "Fire! Right, duh! Dan, I hope you have a fire salve in your pack!"

Item - Fire Salve
This is an alchemical item of interesting design. The recipe is years old, and still in use today. It comes in a small vial, the substance itself is a mildly think concoction, of a light purple color with small streaks of orange. When applied to a metal object, it quickly spreads to cover the entire surface, such as a blade if applied to a sword. Although not actual fire, it is very warm, and when applied to a metal surface, can generate enough heat to light things on fire or act as fire for the purposes of monster weaknesses. It can also be used on the skin directly to make a gentle warming sensation, useful for relieving pain. It applied to a wound, it can cauterize it.

"I did, but you know, kind of busy!" He shouts back, quickly stepping back from the slimes as best he can. He manages to avoid one of them, but another one hits his shield hard, giving him a bit of a jolt and shock from the impact. He reaches on his sash, pulling out a vial as he skillfully and with practiced hands manages to uncock it and pour the solution inside onto his sword. You watch with a bit of amazement as the purple concoction spreads quickly over the blade, seeing as the air bends a bit from the heat it's giving off now.

He swings his sword at one of the slimes but misses, watching as the slime impacts him in the stomach and causes him to stumble a bit. Though luckily he manages to duck as the second one aims for him, getting out of the way just in time as he prepares himself, looking carefully at the two as he measures his next strike. He watches carefully as one leaps towards him, bringing his sword up at it and slicing it. You watch in awe as the slime tries to reform but can't, being cauterized by the heat of the sword. Then watch in horror as the slime slams right into Dan with more force than you can imagine as he goes flying, landing on his back in the dirt, looking like he's knocked out as his sword lands point down right behind him, as the two slimes start to approach you...

==========
Voting Zone

Battle tactics?

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, "run like the blazes" seems an apt phrase, but leaving Dan behind makes that a less then ideal solution. Which leaves... grab the sword and climb a tree?

Aztlan

Reputation score

Umm, go take Dan's sword and preemptive fire slash the slime. Maybe we'll get lucky.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Do we have any fire salve on our persons? :I I guess not. I'd say that our best bet to help Dan is to snag his sword, if we can even lift it. Are the slimes able to climb trees? (the fact that they didn't fall on us suggests that they can't...) Can WE climb a tree?

If we can't heft the sword right away, I'd say that we should climb a tree and, if we're safe, try to grab something to start an impromptu fire...

o_O Yeah, I dunno what else to suggest! Damnit, Dan!

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Assuming the fire salve isn't stuck on Dan's sword I'd suggest trying to transfer some to our staff. If that won't burn it up and make it useless, hoping Cecila knows this much, then it gives us a weapon and we're not swinging around dangerous metal we have no experience with.

If that won't work grab the sword and play keep away.

If Cecila can use her basic knowledge of slimes to come up with a good escape plan which won't have her running away from Dan then that's good too.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I guess you get what you pay for.

How long's this salve stuff last? I'd say take the sword and distract them until Dan get's his ass up, but that's probably not happening.

We could try holding it in front of us and letting them jump at us and stab themselves on it, but I don't know how effective that would be. Slapping Dan to bring him to his senses might be an idea, if you can do it without getting smashed. No smelling salts? Try to lure them away from Dan, so he doesn't, you know, die, and stuff.

...Watch out for vines.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You almost panic as you see Dan go down, watching as his sword lands in the ground and the slimes slowly advance towards you. You know running would be a bad idea, if not for the problem of just leaving Dan. Thinking about it, you could try fighting them off with the staff, but it probably wouldn't do you any good, fire salve doesn't work on wooden objects, at least not well enough to overcome the slimes resistance. Looking at Dan's sword you remember a bit of training he gave you when you were young and read about it, you know enough for which end goes away from you, and learned a few things about how to strike as well...if only you could remember them, regardless, nothing to do now but try and fight the slimes. You quickly go over and grab Dan's sword, holding it as you wait for the slimes to approach, hoping to play a defensive battle and strike them when they get close.

Unfortunately, the two slimes approach, jumping towards you at the same time as you barely have enough time to duck and roll out of the way, avoiding getting hit but utterly failing to strike. This repeats itself over and over until the slimes get a slight advantage. Just barely one of them hits you as you try to avoid the other. You're getting tired and just can't seem to hit the slimes at all. Just barely missing as the slime seems to work itself in midair to avoid a blow before striking you. You finally strike one as it jumps towards you, but this just distracts you as it hits you twice as hard, your free hand covering the point of impact as it hurts. You finally remember one of the tricks you learned a long time ago just as one of them slams into you, the impact causing you to drop the sword as you fall to your knees.

You're tired, a little bit in pain from the beating the slimes have given you, as you feel your feet being covers by the things. You remember in the books what slimes tend to do, how they prefer to attack females, using them to breed, though it's rare for a slime to actually impregnate a girl with it's spawn. You certainly hope that this one fails too as you're too tired to get up, feeling as the slimes slowly work, starting to cover your body and pin you down, as if you weren't too tired to move already. As the slime reaches your thighs, you become aware that this is the first time anything like this is going to happen...a slime is stealing your first time...a lowly slime. It angers you as tears well up in your eyes, of sorrow and anger, unable to do anything as you feel it reaching your undergarments, before it stops...seemingly moving away from it, quickly. It feels as though it's withering, you turn your head backwards and see Dan, barely standing and holding his sword as he jammed it into the core of one of the slimes, right next to your leg, the other one quickly tries to move and attack him again, interrupted as he slashes it, destroying it just barely before he collapses to his knees again. You can tell he's tired as your strength starts to return, just enough to sit up and realize what Dan just saved you from, as soon as you can you basically leap over to him, hugging him in thanks for saving you as you finally calm down, feeling better, and lucky that he had the strength. It seems you kept the creatures busy long enough for him to stand up.

You take time to rest, recovering before continuing your journey. It's a safe trip through the forest, no more monsters appearing, luckily, as you finally arrive on the outskirts of the village. It's getting to be late evening, the sun just setting.

==========

Voting Zone

You've finally arrived at the village after a close call! What do you do now?

1)Find your father first, then go to the inn
2)Find the Inn, you need to rest, you can find your father in the morning.
2a) Get one room
2a1) Properly "thank" Dan for saving you (Y/N)
2b) Get separate rooms
3) Other

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

you receive a letter, opening it to find it from your father[, a wealthy merchant]. It seems he has fallen ill, and wishes to see you. The letter says he is in the care of some villagers who live south of the forest.
Well, I say we find him first. My original plan of imposing upon his hospitality is probably ruined by 'facts', so after that we can head for the inn. Where we'll take two rooms, thank you very much. Dan knew what he was signing up for. Better then we did, at any rate.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh snap, that was close.

I would ask if Dan would be willing to stick around for a while, at least to head back to the city. It's too bad that Cecilia doesn't really think that much of him, or I'd vote 2a1, but as it is... I dunno, I might leave that up to him to make the moves. XD Maybe a more conventional date, if he'd be okay with that? We don't have to immediately leap his bones 'as a reward'... but /I/ like the character even if Cecilia's luke warm. She should give him a chance, even if it doesn't culminate in boning right away. She seems like the kind of character that 'needs a good strong man in her life' if she's planning on doing anything adventuresome. Could wind up that she retreats into her batcave of studying while he's off adventuring and they get along well enough when they're together to make it work?

As for what to do next, I say that we should allow Dan to do whatever he'd like in town (Maybe offer some gold for dinner? He /is/ her friend!) and let him know that she's off to check in on her father. If her pop's important enough to risk horrific monsters for, he'd damned well better be important enough to visit, first!

After that, a bath and a real (single) bed. Ahhh, civilization!

Aztlan

Reputation score

First we find Cecila's dad, then we go to the room, Then we get two rooms and thank Dan, I have nothing else to add after that.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Find father, fuck the shit out of Dan.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Bah ha ha haha, Blarg, you are the best. XD

Maybe Cecilia had a brainwave in the forest. "Oh shit, I should probably get this attended to just in case that happens again..." *leaps bones, gets it over with*

Maybe fuck the shit out of Dan, then allow him to do the same in return? Or vice versa?

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Find her Father first. She's just traveled all the way here and almost been slimed. If there is anything time critical cure wise best to know about it before had.

Assuming that goes well go find a room, have dinner with Dan to thank him for being awesome, then enjoy a good nights uninterrupted rest. [/needsmoarsexualtension]

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sexual tension is for those nerds that can afford to dick around in safe little cities. Not us! We're an adventurer nerd. And we almost lost our virginity to a slime!

While that may or may not be our fetish, our best course of action is clearly to lose it with our homeboy, before something eats him, and/or us. Such is the dangerous lot of the adventurer, to live in the here and now, and to brave the perils of being eaten. We totally just learned that when we got googroped.

Besides, it'll probably hurt less, too. Weird monsters probably aren't into gentle stuff. Then, when the tentacle monster finds us, it'll be much less shitty.