What's new

Citadel Of Corruption (SIGN-UPS)

Re: Citadel Of Corruption (SIGN-UPS)

Well that's a rat's arse! I hope you're feeling better soon -- take care of yourself, drink lots of liquids and don't strain yer brain too hard. X3

Oh, and on a side note for if you and Rule want to share info, googledocs works very well for making charts, as they have an excel-alike program! You may both need to create accounts to use it, but it's proven to be pretty useful for me in dealing with other people in the past. :3

Character Entered.

I WILL be updating these later on, but it will be sporadic at times. I've got a fairly nasty head cold that is taking a lot out of me, so until that is better that it isn't sapping my energy I will be updating at a less frequent rate. Heading to the doctor fairly soon to get something for it, when I get back I will update some.

That sucks. Hope you get better soon!
The game seems to be going quite smoothly now, by my estimation.

Is everything purely dice rolls? Is there anything that we can do to help you out? <: ) I'm quite enjoying what's happening so far, so if you would like any support or just cheering on, please feel free to poke me.

Most everything is dice rollage.

I've been using just my own creative mind for the actual room descriptions rather than a dice rolling system to tell me how many exits, or doors or torches are in a room. Creating a spreadsheet for something like that would be an absolute nightmare of a job, so it's just easier to use room layout as a sort of... GM's random though process. Same for the melee weapons. All melee weapons have a x2 damage modifier, but the names of them I'm just randomly choosing. So for example one person might find a bat, another may find a hammer. Either way, they both do the same damage under this system, so it works out.

So if I found a silver prawn fork (A fork used specifically to eat shrimp with), it would be just as effective as an axe? That could lead to humorous situations.:D

Maybe in the next version there can be leveled items like enemies; a few in level one and a few in level two for more bad-ass damage. XD Maybe they can also break over time to prevent someone from breezing through everything harmlessly!

Out of curiosity, Siphon, how long does it take you to make up the average post?

Apologies for my creepiness, but I've noticed that it tends to take him between 4 and 7 minutes -- 5 or 6 on average. XDD No, I haven't been obsessively lurking here, why do you ask?

Wallpaper is correct, the average post takes between 5 and 7 minutes for me when I'm healthy and not run down. A bit longer if I'm run down or tired, hence why I haven't updated the last couple of days. When sick, trying to do math does not fly well for me here, and I tend to make a TON of mathematical mistakes when I get sick.

Some of you may have noticed that I have NOT added in enemy strength as a factor to the pleasure your characters have taken. This is largely because I simply forgot to. However after thinking about it, I see no reason to begin using it now, since the current way of pleasure gain seems to be stable enough to not warrant tinkering with it to add perhaps 5 more at maximum. For damage YOU deal it will remain to be used since it helps you out some.

Also, as you may have noticed Wallpaper, normal enemies CAN be killed sometimes easily, sometimes not depending on their HP amounts. The way I have set my bosses up, it is IMPOSSIBLE even with the best weapon in the game, which won't be findable until the second half of the game, to kill them in just one or two hits. In fact, the final boss may very well take fifty or more posts just to kill, and that is assuming you deal damage every single time and he doesn't get a hold of you!

Pheonix... I would never have thought to use a prawn fork until you mentioned it, but yes, it would have the same damage amount.

I've sent all the updated stuff to Rule, and once he's set with that I may have him do the updates for now until I get over this bug.

I thought they left you alone if you passed out.
I'm still not understanding this system.

Um, I may have messed up there Toxic since I had frigged it up a while back, and I don't think your character got the changes yet? Not sure, I just updated your thread from where it had been where the last post was, I didn't go all the way back to check.

I'll go back and have a look in a tad here and see if I need to make edits?

EDIT: Well flying fuckeration, I fucked up. My apologies Toxic, I'll get to editing the right stuff in now. Crap, there went that lovely post :(

EDIT2: Done.... stopping for tonight since I am so tired I can't see straight to post or do math. Or apparently follow my own damn system :|

Last edited:

As dick as this sounds, I'm just happy it wasn't my mistake. This means your system IS understandable.

Don't worry, I'll left you off this time cuz you were sick before. ;)

Hehe, I understand what you mean. I've tried to do what I can to make the whole system as simple as I can, mostly because it allows me to update regularly, not take a lot of time to do it and still be able to have multiple characters running in this.

And yeah, I was sick enough I didn't update for close to three days. Sickness + Me trying to do this with math = many many potential mistakes to be made.

So a trap trigger is up to intelligence. Breaking out of that trap is ALSO up to intelligence, or is that a strength category?

Breaking free is strength. Freeing yourself from traps, penetration or grapples is always strength. Avoidance/notice rolls and orgasms are Intelligence.

I thought breaking free of grapples was dexterity? o_o Do you use that stat commonly in rolls, or just strength/intelligence? Do we have to announce that we want to try to escape with dexterity instead of strength?

From system discussions during design process: Grapple escapes are Strength, due to the fact that all of the "grapplers" characters will encounter are using physical force to hold your character in place. That has to be overcome, and dexterity won't help. Many of the grapplers are also not going to be focused enough on said grapple to offer much resistance once that force is overcome. They're going to be focused on other things.

So perhaps escaping traps uses dexterity? XD I just think that if certain stats aren't of use, the next version should clear that up or find reasons to check against them regularly so that folks like Toxic, who read that dexterity was useful, won't create a character that they're going to be frustrated with! X3

It would also be nice, in the next version, to maybe tier what encounters are found at the beginning -- some girls are getting a much easier game of things than others, where some are finding weapons and empty rooms right at the start, or single enemies that are easy to beat, and others are getting two or three enemies or even bosses as soon as in the second room they go through. o.o' If that's the case, some characters are arbitrarily going to get weeded out much more quickly than others by the stint that some girls will get corrupted into oblivion before their players have a chance to level 'em up, where others are going to have an easier time because they had time to gain experience and/or a weapon to help them out of bad situations like boss fights or those rooms that have many baddies! X3 (I'm assuming that the picking of monsters to rooms is arbitrary and that Siphon isn't deliberately giving some players an easier time and some a more difficult one; that doesn't seem like his M.O.)

In short, I mean... if someone rolls a boss or more than two baddies (I'm including traps in the baddies section) in a room, maybe re-roll or something to better pace the game? :eek:

(Though I have to admit that if I could somehow get my character to blow through all five bosses without 'dying', and I managed to get to the second half of the game relatively quickly, all because they happened to be rolled consecutively, that'd be pretty cool. XD)

In short, I mean... if someone rolls a boss or more than two baddies (I'm including traps in the baddies section) in a room, maybe re-roll or something to better pace the game?

This has already been done. If a key item (map piece/key fragment) is in the room, then the boss is the only thing to worry about. All other rolls are invalidated. No more than two in a room.

If that's the case, some characters are arbitrarily going to get weeded out much more quickly than others by the stint that some girls will get corrupted into oblivion before their players have a chance to level 'em up,

This shouldn't be a problem, since boss stats are leveled off of the encountering character's stats. This means that the boss will provide the same amount of challenge no matter what the character level is.

So perhaps escaping traps uses dexterity? I just think that if certain stats aren't of use, the next version should clear that up or find reasons to check against them regularly so that folks like Toxic, who read that dexterity was useful, won't create a character that they're going to be frustrated with!

Dexterity is being used to determine whether or not attacks hit, as well as for determining how much pleasure damage is dealt. It is being used. As are all of the stats, which I believe that Siphon already made clear what is being used for what.

Hope I'm not too presumptuous!

Kelinas

Strength: 40
Dexterity: 40
Vitality: 20
Energy: 20
Intelligence: 30

HP/HP: 60
Stamina/Stamina: 60

Back