What's new

Colorado Springs, Colorado. United States.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Colorado Springs, Colorado. United States.

"Thank you for your time." Kevin says, standing and bowing his head down, then heading for the door out of the office "If I don't find any leads at the museum, would it be alright for me to return and check through your grandfather's things?" he asks as he stops before the door, turning his head and upper body to look at the priest

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The priest nodded. "I suppose that would be fine, but I'd like to be here. If your going to have to go through those things then I may as well move them about if you rule them out, though I fail to see how religious items could cause this."

At least he was honest, and upfront about it, and not impeding.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I understand. Now, unless me colleague here has any questions, I think we've taken enough of your time. You've been very helpful, and we might be back later to talk to the pair you mentioned. Thank you for your time, enjoy your afternoon." Ellen says in a business-like tone, waiting a moment for Claudia to add anything she wanted before turning to leave.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira lets out a loud yell while barreling forward towards the man with the knife, the shoulderbag, containing the toaster, swinging at the man holding the knife in a wide arc towards the midsection. Akira had seen this many times, working at a computer store, and knew the best answer was usually a surprise attack.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Claudia shook her head. "No, thank you and good day."

They left and after they were out Claudia looked to Ellen. "So, what do you think? I'm thinking that guy's too new to be of any help in determining what would be out of place."

Two things happened at once after Akira's move. First, the man with the knife turned, moving to use it on her. Second, the cop turned, pulling his side arm, originally pointing it at Akira until he noticed the knife in the mans hand. A quick pistol whip to the hand removed any notion the guy had of using that knife, and a tackle from the officer dispelled any further notion of an attack.

"Thanks."

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira drops the bag, panting and looking at the cop, and looks at the guy on the ground, "T..that was scary!" then after turning, added, "What's going on?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Probably." Ellen admits. "Though he could just be so shocked by the obvious that he has forgotten the details. He seems like the kind of person that will have that on his mind all day, so even if the pair of military have nothing, he might." She said calmly, looking around for any other public places where people would gather to gossip. "Anywhere else on your itinerary to visit, or should we wander some?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Not sure, everything was fine until five minutes ago, then these people went nuts. Look at them now, they're calm again. Makes no sense, almost like they're possessed."

It seemed the situation had been defused, though the question was, for how long?

Claudia shrugged. "There isn't much more in this town other than the base, a museum and their small hospital. Suppose we could try the hospital, see if we can find anyone who went nuts in there and question them."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Sounds good. Worst happens, we can get some records on the ones that jumped, see if they have anything in common medically." Ellen says, and starts walking again, this time headed for the hospital.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Was the thinking."

After some time they arrived at the hospital, tucked away off a main street, if it could even be called a main street.

Entering the place, a young woman behind the desk looked up. "Hello, may I help you?"

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin, having walked through town and finally arrived at the museum, began to think as he walked inside, searching for the curator of the museum. "Searching the past to find out what is going on in the present. What delightful irony I've walked into." he thinks.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin found his man not long after entering. He'd just finished a tour when he spotted Kevin walking towards him.

"Ah yes young man, what can I do for you?"

Typical, the man was dressed in a red outfit. He stood about four inches shorter than Kevin, had brown hair and blue eyes.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira begins to look around, thinking, then shrugging while turning back to face Conner, "W..where to now? Unless... you want to look around here..."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin nods as he approaches the man, his eyes focused on his body language "I need information on a few artifacts you brought in recently." he states, then takes a deep breath in, and then out "Specifically, which artifacts you brought in around two weeks ago."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The curator tilted his head, curious, but nodded. "I can do you one better, I can show you the Mayan exhibit we brought in two weeks ago. That's the only thing that came in during that time frame. Follow me."

He led him to a large exhibit, complete with just about everything you'd find in one. Sacrificial stones, pottery, everything. Yet nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"May I ask what this is about?"

((Brain fart, can't think of what'd be in one, so if anyone comes up with something for those feel free to PM me so I can add it, or Burrito add stuff in.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I certainly hope so." Ellen says in a business-like tone, showing the lady her badge. "My colleague and I are investigating the reports of unusual happenings around town. You wouldn't happen to have anyone involved in such here at the hospital, recuperating perhaps?"

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Connor bent in close to a whisper, trying to look nothing more than mysterious to everyone else, while only to hide the conversation about how they weren't really government agents and didn't know what they were doing.
"I don't know, I figure we should act all 'G-Suit'y and ask if anyone noticed anything different lately, anything that might have led up to these peoples random outburst. Hell, if this artifact-thing is what's making these people do this, then maybe we can find out what these few people had in common, and maybe figure out where it is."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman nodded after a moment. "Three people in here right now, other two were discharged this morning. Let's see, one's here but still in a coma, so I doubt you'll be questioning her any time soon, one is recovering from surgery to repair his leg, and the third .... Well, she keeps going absolutely insane one minute, and the next she seems to be fine."

She put the list down, and looked back to them. "So, going to see each one separately, or together one at a time?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I see no reason why we can't see them separately, save time." Ellen says casually. "What about the Doctors that treated them, do you have them handy, or failing that, their reports?"

She turned to Claudia to confirm if they are splitting up or not, then looks back at the secretary. "Which room is the third patient in?"

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin begins to examine each object, his right hand in his pocket the entire time, as if just trying to find the artifact by sight "You are sure this is all of the objects you brought in about two weeks ago? Anything before then?" he asks, turning his head to look at the curator