What's new

Colorado Springs, Colorado. United States.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Colorado Springs, Colorado. United States.

Kevin looks on at the scene playing out, noticing the man restrained and slowly walking towards the guard holding him "Who would do such a thing?" he asks half aloud and half to himself as he continued walking towards the man, making a fist with his right hand "Where is the curator?" he asks the guards, looking down at the man and examining his face.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"He was upstairs in the exhibit room when this guy torched the place. We don't know if he made out out alive or not, but that room is totally engulfed now."

The man had finally collapsed, the mace taking effect on him. Strangely enough, he'd gone from nearly super-human to nothing more than a limp rag doll in mere seconds. Something wasn't right, and it was probably safe to say the man wasn't a threat right now, and needed medical attention.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Keep an eye on him. I'm going to go find the curator." Kevin says, taking off towards the stairs upward "This is no mere prank. This is someone trying to stop me!" he thinks as he begins bounding up the stairs

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin found the man. Or rather what was left of him.

Entering one of the rooms, he found the man's body, burned badly. There was little question as to if the guy was dead, he was. What was more, the entire Mayan exhibit had been destroyed.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Dammit." Kevin says, bending down and picking up the body "Better a burial than a cremation." he says, exiting the room and hurrying down to the lobby

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Once there a paramedic rushed over to inspect the Curator, and pronounced him dead in short order. "Nice try, but a little too late I'm afraid."

Kevin had two possible options here. One, someone was trying to hide something, or what ever was causing this hadn't been in the exhibit.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira nods and walks out the door, asking around first of all where the priest was, better to actually know where they were going than to just wander around randomly...

(btw, do any of our chars notice the fire and stoof?)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((From inside no, once they get outside they would notice the smoke from it yes.))

Her reply came quickly to the question about the priest. "Oh, he'll still be at the church until ten or so tonight. If you head over before then you'll catch him easily."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin sighs as he looks down at the dead Curator, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly. He then turns and heads for the door, exiting the museum and pulling out the communication device once again "Claudia." he says, then waits for it to contact her.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was a long pause and finally he got an answer.

"Yeah, I'm here, everything ok Kevin?"

She seemed to be rubbing at her throat, as if it was hurting, and it was slightly discolored as well.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Are you okay?" Kevin asks, not waiting for an answer before continuing "The Museum was attacked. The entire Mayan exhibit I was going to investigate is now nothing more than ash." he says, chuckling as he remembers the priest "Though I do have another lead. The priest I spoke to at the church. He brought in some old family possessions. I'm going to head over there and check it out." he says, waiting for the response to his earlier question

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Gah, someone torched it? Shitty. Uh, yeah about that priest, seems your not the only one who needs to talk with him. The guy I was talking to helped him move stuff around and see's him on a regular basis for counseling. Seems our Priest is a bit more than just a priest, he's also a shrink, or a shrink wannabe."

She stopped to rub her throat again.

"Er ... yeah, I'll be alright. Mr Bed Ridden still hasn't shaken off whatever the artifact did to him, we were talking, he trailed off and then suddenly attacked and tried to strangle me, saying something about I was going to take him back to jail or something to that effect. I uh ... rearranged his family jewels for him with a knee."

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira starts heading towards the church quickly, looking around and asking Connor, "Do you think the priest is the cause? I really hope he isn't... I don't like fighting..."

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ellen nods along with the man's explanation, right up until he stopped. She tilted her head a bit at the mindless stare, speaking quietly. "Sir?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He was silent for a few moments, unmoving, simply staring at her. It might take her a moment to realize he was staring at her body and breasts, and then suddenly he reached out to grab them.

Strangely enough, he seemed to have a blank, unregistering look on his face, as if he wasn't even the one doing it, yet his hand was mere milliseconds away from groping her.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Following behind at a slightly slower pace, Connor tried to keep his eyes on the youth as he answered.

"I don't think a person is necessarily the cause of this. As far as I understood it, these objects we're looking for do. And though I suggest we do be on our guard, whether or not we want to fight, I doubt someone would be behind this purposefully. I'd say, don't worry about it, but be far from assuming everything's hunky-dory.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

About then both Akira and Connor would begin to smell smoke. If they looked up, they would be able to spot off in the distance, the fire raging across the Museum.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Sounds like everyone is having fun." Kevin says, smiling through the darkness his hat provided. "Thanks, Claudia. I'll be checking in with you after I investigate the priest." he says, closing the device and slipping it back into the coat pocket, taking off in a slight jog towards the church

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When Kevin arrived, the place seemed deserted. However if he listened carefully enough, he could hear voices coming from the room he'd been waiting in only a short time ago.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ellen raised an eyebrow and let out a sigh, calmly waiting for him the get closer. She slowly waved a hand in his face, and getting no response, simply raised an arm.

The man finally reached her and cupped a hand around her breast. She waited until he had a good hold, then backhanded him across the cheek, not as hard as she could, but definitely more than her thin frame would suggest she was capable of. If he actually came to from it, she'd dip her head a little and give him a patronizing look. If not, she'd go from there.