What's new

Colorado Springs, Colorado. United States.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Colorado Springs, Colorado. United States.

The nurse shook her head. "Both doctors are off duty until nine tonight, but I can possibly get the reports from them if the patients will agree to it. As for the third patient, he's in room thirty one, third floor."

Claudia nodded to her, gathering where her patient was, heading off. "Meet back out here when we're done, got it?"

((For the sake of not cluttering and needing a massive super-post, I'll not post Claudia's thing here, but rather an abridged version of what she learned later.))

The curator thought for a moment. "Well, about a month ago we received a small bloodstone, but that was stolen last week. We've been unable to track it down because the tracking chip on it was removed. The strange thing is that the security footage shows a black clad figure entering the room and taking it, though none of the guards on duty at the time remember a thing. What's even more strange is that we ran the face through police records, and the federal database to find the man, and nothing has come up. It's as if his face doesn't exist.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"A small bloodstone?" Kevin asks, turning around fully to face the curator "May I see the footage of the theft?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I suppose so, come this way."

He led him into a security room, sifting through til he found the appropriate video, popping it in.

Kevin would see a man clad in all black, right down to the shades enter the room unobstructed, the guards outside nowhere to be seen. For only a moment the face was visible, and anticipating the next request, the curator paused the tape.

Until Kevin might have thought it was Chris in that tape, but now looking at the tape he'd notice a couple of major differences that told him it wasn't Chris. For one, the man had blondish colored hair. Secondly, his facial structure was less American and more .... well, Kevin probably wouldn't be able to put a thumb on exactly the right word, but more European probably was close to the right term. Strangely, the man seemed to have entered and left at a walking pace, as if he knew he wouldn't have to fear any police catching him.

"We ran his picture through several databases. We got nothing. This face, this man ... doesn't exist."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin stood there, taking in every detail of the man's face, sighing as he shakes his head "Thank you for your help." Kevin says, then turns to walk out of the room "I'll be back later to take a look at those Mayan artifacts." Kevin says, sighing as he exits the room and then proceeds to leave the museum. Once outside he pulls a device out of his right coat pocket, flipping it open. "Claudia." he says into the device, waiting for it to contact Claudia.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was a moment before she answered, apparently having just finished something.

"Yeah Kevin, it's me, what's up. Got something juicy?"

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Two possibilities. It could be an ancient Mayan object brought to the museum approximately two weeks ago, or it could be caused by a theft of a bloodstone by a man who looks very similar to Chris." Kevin states, looking around to make sure no one was watching him

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Claudia was silent a moment. "A man who looks like Chris? Why doesn't that sound good to me?"

She wondered, then shook her head. "Though if the artifact is gone it's effects would stop. The bloodstone couldn't have been it. It's got to be something else. We're interviewing some of the people who were hospitalized now to see if they had anything in common."

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira looks at Conner and nods, walking around the pub and beginning to question the people, asking things such as "Any idea what happened? Anything weird before it started? Anything at all? Any security cameras?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

All Akira could get were a bunch of No's, I don't know and the like out of almost everyone.

One woman though spoke to Akira. "Not entirely sure what happened, but there seemed to be a sudden dispute over prices here, then it just went all to hell. Figures too, the guy just got out of his therapy with the priest two hours ago. I thought he was doing so well too ...."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The nurse shook her head. "Both doctors are off duty until nine tonight, but I can possibly get the reports from them if the patients will agree to it. As for the third patient, he's in room thirty one, third floor."

Claudia nodded to her, gathering where her patient was, heading off. "Meet back out here when we're done, got it?"

((For the sake of not cluttering and needing a massive super-post, I'll not post Claudia's thing here, but rather an abridged version of what she learned later.))
((Makes sense, no character would have first-hand knowledge of anything she found anyways.))

"That sounds fine, thank you. Can you spare someone to ask the patient we aren't visiting for permission to view the records? It would save time, we'll ask the other two." Ellen said, maintaining the same tone throughout. She waited for the woman's answer, then went off to the third patient's room, on the third floor.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I will if she ever wakes up. Like I said, she's still in a coma. Things aren't looking good there."

When she arrived, she'd note the man she was to visit was groggy. Apparently he'd just woken up and didn't want to be awake. "Eh? Who are you, whaddya want?"

((Yes, purposely mis-spelled that.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Seeing as it isn't technically a word, I think I can let you get away with it ;) ))

Ellen closed the door behind herself and stayed a respectful distance away from the man, trying not to rouse him into anything. "I'm sorry to disturb you sir, but I'm here investigating the unusual disturbances around town, and I'd like to ask you some questions." She said, showing her badge for the third time.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Connor tried to keep an eye out for everyone, ready in case things once again broke out into chaos. Hearing some of their responses, it was upsetting that no one seemed to have any clue about what might be different.
Aww, I was kinda hoping it would be that simple.
Deciding that little actually seemed logical anymore, he faced Akira upon returning

"So, we don't have much to go on, but at least we got something?"

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The wha -, oh right. Uh ...."

He was silent for a long period of time, then finally shrugged. "Ok, well I'll try to be as helpful as I can. Docs keep telling me I fade in and out of sanity so .... I apologize in advance if I do something I shouldn't, or try to. May as well start."

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira nods and looks around, "Let's find this priest guy I guess..."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ellen gave a short nod. "I was warned in advance. Now, I'd like you to start from the last thing you remember before things happened, and go from there. Where were you, what were you doing, that sort of thing. I'm interested in your thoughts and emotions just before and during the event." She said slowly, watching his facial expressions.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He nodded, then after a moment replied.

"Well, I was out returning back home from getting a bite to eat at the local restaurant. This was after I'd been to the church to see Father McGregor, he's the Priest there. I guess I got about half way home when I saw someone twist their ankle on the street, and a car bearing down on her. I remember that I felt like I had to move that car, make it stop, push it out of the way or something and that I could single handedly stop it. The rest of this is purely what I've been told now mind you, so I can't vouch for it's validity."

He paused, then went on. "So apparently I pushed the woman out of the way, then tried to football ram the car and got hit. Luckily the guy had slowed down, but still hit me pretty good. I don't remember anything until I first woke up here."

Another pause and then he finished. "Apparently before I've gone nuts here, what I remember is thinking that I HAVE to get out of here, get out and help people, and that the people in here are trying to stop me from being a good guy. Other than that ......"

He trails off, his gaze suddenly just spacing out, staring right at her.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Thanks, Claudia." Kevin says, then closes the device and slips it back into his pocket "Mayan artifacts. Bah." he says, turning and heading back into the museum.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Connor gave a slight nod as he turned to the door and held it open. "After you." Waiting for Akira to walk through, he gave a small salute to the police officers, hoping they had the situation now and nothing else would happen when they left.

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When Kevin arrived at the Museum, all hell apparently had been breaking loose.

A fire raged from the upper floor, the same floor Kevin had been on not long ago.

Firefighters were trying to put it out, but not having much luck.

A random person shook his head and muttered at Kevin. "Damn, did you see that? Guy roped climbed up the side of the building and tossed in two small cans of gasoline and then a molotov. No one stopped him!"

The man in question was being restrained by three police officers, and was still fighting, despite the fact they had now maced him twice.