What's new

ACT Guro [D-lis] Night of Revenge / 魔女は復讐の夜に (RJ405582)

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
There's no weapon scaling. All you get is one extra point per STR, which wouldn't even add up to an extra hit. You do more than enough damage already to kill anything in the game.
Bar the bosses and the late-area enemies which can't be finished off in one hit.
Some make it a point to show off how godly they are finishing the work in progress with just the base stats. I prefer to be normal and save time over endless grinding runs with no room for error.

Balanced investment with 24 in each stat gives a base attack of 189. Level 101 is more or less the limit of grinding the High Inquisitor repeatedly for Id though.

Greyhunter19

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Or you know, "accidentally" increasing all your stats to 5000 and doing 18k dmg to everything just for the lolz. i still dont know how drunk i was when i did that...

Not a Spy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
How are you fellas changing the stats of the character?

All I see in my Config menu is this since v0.08 and I thought it's just not finished yet.
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 11.52.17 pm.png

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Some make it a point to show off how godly they are finishing the work in progress with just the base stats. I prefer to be normal and save time over endless grinding runs with no room for error.
Now that's just silly logic. Your solution to "endless grinding runs with no room for error" is to grind stats which would take even longer. You have a button that nullifies all damage for like two seconds.

pandafloyo

Reputation score
I found the boss nun was fairly easy when using the Rapier type weapon. Just stab once, and dodge. And then when she faces away from you doing a long combo, stab multiple times. Leveling Dex I found raises the damage of the Rapier quite a bit. I think I ended up defeating her around level 30 ish.

Owl_banana

Reputation score
Hmm. So you can actually charge up your attacks by holding the attack button like the charged R2s in Souls 3.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Now that's just silly logic. Your solution to "endless grinding runs with no room for error" is to grind stats which would take even longer. You have a button that nullifies all damage for like two seconds.
Running the High inquisitor gives multiple levels of Id for each successful run up to level 80+ thereabouts. It takes less than 5 minutes to beat her once players get the hang of it and have invested points for damage upgrades, no matter how small.

If you're short of time and want a breather, there's no better way to get stats compared to the standard method of running the dungeons from start to finish.

The dodge button isn't a cure-all panacea against regular goons and bosses, which I've found to my cost on countless occasions. Having a HP buffer and more SP for the bone rapier makes gameplay less stressful.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Running the High inquisitor gives multiple levels of Id for each successful run up to level 80+ thereabouts. It takes less than 5 minutes to beat her once players get the hang of it and have invested points for damage upgrades, no matter how small.

If you're short of time and want a breather, there's no better way to get stats compared to the standard method of running the dungeons from start to finish.

The dodge button isn't a cure-all panacea against regular goons and bosses, which I've found to my cost on countless occasions. Having a HP buffer and more SP for the bone rapier makes gameplay less stressful.
You want to farm a boss to get the levels necessary to farm a boss.
And like hell the dodge isn't a cure-all. There isn't a single attack in the game it doesn't completely nullify yet. The closest you get is the poison clouds. Even further, the game has perfect blocks that ALSO nullify all damage at no cost of stamina.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You want to farm a boss to get the levels necessary to farm a boss.
And like hell the dodge isn't a cure-all. There isn't a single attack in the game it doesn't completely nullify yet. The closest you get is the poison clouds. Even further, the game has perfect blocks that ALSO nullify all damage at no cost of stamina.
Timing for the perfect blocks isn't easy to suss out and is impractical for a lot of enemies. Shooting enemies laugh at parry attempts. Players can use a combination of parry, block, dash and backstep to stay alive, but I'm not an expert and prefer to have a HP buffer when things go wrong.

With a health buffer (10 levels invested completely into HP gives an extra 100 points) the boss can be farmed without a problem on base stats after players suss out the attack patterns. Anyone who claims there isn't enough id to get to level 10 prior to getting to the High Inquisitor is lying. On base stats, a single run with base damage takes a little over 5 minutes because of damage limitations and SP constraints.
I just farm the boss since I was at level 60 by this stage and wanted to see how far I could go on multiple runs before farming stopped being efficient.

Back on topic:

Only new H-scene is if she's caught by the log trap and slammed into the board.
Hobos come in three variants: Regular, board thrower and wooden shield melee.

The board thrower's projectile can be parried but the timing is quite tight. Use the motion just before the board hits (not too late or it'll damage). Depending on the arc, it'll be thrown right back at the hobo for 100+ damage.
The regular hobo has three attack patterns: A regular swing, two-handed overhead smash and a run-and-swing combo. The first attack can be parried by waiting until the last moment before initiating the parry. Ditto for the overhead smash but the timing is tighter because of the swing speed (probably try just before he moves his shoulders for the downwards swing). Run and swing can be parried but it's probably easier to poke him just before he makes contact to cancel his attack.
The shield hobo can deflect one hit from a weapon for no damage. Has the same regular attack patterns as the regular version but sometimes hides behind his shield before countering with a three-swing combo. Not much point trying for the counter since he doesn't always swing when hiding behind his shield, probably a better idea to dash behind him and stab him from behind.

The dual-pistol user has three patterns: two-shot pattern, horizontal burst shot and an aimed shot at the ground which will juggle and knock down if it connects. Like the gas-mask hunter in the previous stage, I don't think there's a way to parry his shots (although the two-shot can be blocked). Only notable feature I've found with this enemy is his high HP (Not as tough as the nun hybrids, but close) and his annoying tendency to spawn next to hobos to serve as fire support.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
HOLY SHIT, I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS HIDDEN MONSTER SPAWNING CAVE.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
i guess there is nothing after the hobo area right?
The slum area populated by hobos and gunslingers is the furthest players can go for now.
I haven't checked to see if the entrances in the earlier town area have been unlocked yet.