What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

[Some time ago in the shoutbox] Hafnom: I think for generic bunnyfolk I'd go with something like Lucky, Quick, Fertile/Infertile (because this is always a choice racial flaw), Sensitive, Funny Ears, and Tail, just to keep it simple.
Race Class: Beastmen
Stat Adjustments: No stat adjustments
Racial Talents: Lucky, Quick
Racial Flaws: Fertile/Infertile, Sensitive
Racial Mutations: Funny ears, Funny Tail, all rabbit-like.

I would add in Perceptive for the ears, and either Cowardly or Lustful (rabbit skittishness/fuck like rabbits). Also, multi-orgasmic and reverse-jointed legs as optional racial mutations. Hard to hit would also be a good "quick, hard to catch rabbit" trait, though I'm not sure what to balance it with... perhaps make it a choice with Quick, or something?

For lore and/or a god I propose
El-ahrairah: A rabbit trickster folk hero, who is the protagonist of nearly all of the rabbits' stories. He represents what every rabbit wants to be: smart, devious, tricky, and devoted to the well-being of his warren.
Which I totally didn't blatantly just lift from the Watership Down wikipedia page.

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@ranger:
Thanks!
Mm, I could, provided that I'm given descriptions. PM me if you are thinking of one.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I've noted this privately to a few people, but I am incredibly stupid and am tempted to GM a thread for people who primarily want to test a character concept's (or character in play's) combat prowess.

It would be similar to mud wrestling (non-canon, or not remembered by the characters, however you want to look at it) and as such hosted in that forum. Characters would be dumped into a tower. Every floor, I will roll on a rollchart and determine the enemies that the character will face on that floor, increasing in basic difficulty on every floor. Upon successfully defeating all enemies on a floor, characters will regen a percentage of their HP, PP, and EP, this restore would decrease in potency for every floor ascended. This would continue for twenty floors or until the character was knocked unconscious or rendered helpless.

Occasionally, there would be special events (determined by the rollchart), which would include things like full heals. And, on the fifth, tenth, fifteenth, and twentieth floor, the characters would fight special NPCs or bosses that I've put together.

RP would be very light, most likely, largely single paragraph stuff related to combat. This is mostly a testing exercise intended to help me determine a few things as a GM and see what characters can do against a variety of monsters. I have no story planned beyond "the occupant of this tower has promised a wish to anybody who can reach them on the twenty-first floor" (note that this will not translate into any sort of prize in the main DG storyline). Smut would also be very light, and only related to creatures that rape a combatant into submission. Losing, regardless of how, will end in the character blacking out and ending up outside of the tower instead of defeat-rape. I have enough threads that require walls of text or deep thought as is. >.>

Groups would be a possibility, if desired, and games would be one at a time. They would not be first come, first serve. To tell the truth, I'm not even 100% that I'm going to do this, yet.

So, any interest?
Sorta interested.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds fun. I'll get to come up with that rapist character I've been wanting to do lately, AND RAPE THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE TOWER

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've reuploaded the monster archive due to the numerous changes and additions I've made. GMs and interested parties can redownload it at their leisure.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've swapped Lani's sheet out in her thread for a Google Docs link now to save space. I'll do the same with my other character sheets and delete their posts from the thread when I come home from work.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks @ Oni. Should save some space on the character sheets thread. Just keep a copy on your computer in case google derps somehow.

Heh, nice one ranger.

And the actual purpose of this post: Worked some on the enchanting side of things. Got a few new things, and changed a few old things. Wanted to know what people thought before I went ahead and edited the actual thread.

Item Drops
Goblin/Kobold - Monster's Fang
Spider - Venom Sack
Stalker/Hunter - Chameleon's Skin
Sidhe - Faerie's Blood
Shorn Weed - Shorn Nectar
Alruane - Darkheart
Corrupted Beings (wolves, warped, ect) - Darkheart
Gruff/Satyr - Faerie Horn
Full Blooded Demons - Demon's Blood
Hellhound/Warhound - Hound's Tooth
Ogre/Troll - Monster's Horn
Tentacle Horror - Horror Carapace
Plant Hulk - Darkheart
Black Oak - Darkbrain
Slimes - Slime Amber
Due/Trinity - Slime Amber
The Turned - Greyheart
Grabbers - Greyheart
Elder Lord/Elder Lord Spawn - Greybrain
Angel - Angel's Feather
Nightmare - Nightmare's Mane
Nightmare Lord - Fiery Mantle
Dragons – Dragon’s Scale, Dragon’s Fang, Dragon’s Claw

Prices
Greyheart/Darkheart - 25 denarii
Greybrain/Darkbrain - 100 denarii
Slime Amber - 30 denarii
Monster's Fang - 20 denarii
Chameleon's Skin - 15 denarii
Horror Carapace - 10 denarii
Monster's Horn - 50 denarii
Hound's Tooth - 40 denarii
Faerie's Horn - 30 denarii
Venom Sack - 25 denarii
Faerie's Blood/Demon's Blood - 50 denarii
Angel's Feather - 200 denarii
Nightmare's Mane - 60 denarii
Fiery Mantle - 200 denarii
Dragon's Scale - 100 denarii
Dragon's Claw - 50 denarii
Dragon's Fang - 50 denarii

The merchant can also enchant gear, including weapons, armor, and shields. In addition, items gained from monsters can be used to enhance an item in special ways that normal enchantment's could not. The rules for the following are included below.

Unless otherwise noted, the below bonuses can be stacked. Applying a bonus multiple times costs an additional amount of denarii or items equal to 1/2 again the price of the applied bonus times the number of bonuses applied.
For example, if an enhancement costs 50 denarii, applying it again costs another 75 denarii, and adding a third application costs an additional 100 denarii, ect. So, applying this same bonus would cost a total of 225 denarii.
An enhancement that uses 2 of an item would therefore require 3 of an item to enhance again, and then 4, and then 5, ect. So, 9 of the item to apply the same upgrade 3 times.

Enchanting any one item with a total value of 400 denarii or more causes the item to gain a form of limited sentience. The specifics of this are up to the GM.

Weapons
-A weapon can be enhanced to have a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls for 50 denarii.

-A weapon can be enhanced to deal an additional 1d8 damage of any of the energy types (Heat, Force, Electricity or Cold) for 40 denarii.

-A ranged weapon with a magazine size greater than 2 can be enhanced to grant +1 magazine size for 10 denarii.

-A Shortened Polearm or Polearm can be enhanced to deal an additional +8 damage by trading 2 Monster's Horns.

-A Sword can be enhanced to have a +3 bonus to attack rolls and deal an additional 2d10 damage by trading 2 Faerie's Blood/Demon's Blood. This damage is Cold damage if the items used are Faerie's Blood, Heat if the items used are Demon's Blood, or Electricity if a mix is used.

-A Blunt Weapon can be enhanced to deal an additional +6 damage for 2 Hound's Teeth or 4 Monster's Fangs.

-A Primitive Ranged Weapon or a gun can be enhanced to increase its maximum range by 50 feet by trading 2 Slime Ambers.

-A gun (either a Pistol or a Rifle) or a Thrown Weapon (set) can be enhanced to force those hit by them to make a Resistance check against DC 24 or become Paralyzed by trading 2 Venom Sacks. Multiple instances of this enhancement do not cause additional checks, but instead increase the DC of the check by 8.

-A weapon can be enhanced to force creatures hit by it to make a Resistance check against DC 20 or gain one of the following statuses, chosen when this enhancement is added to the weapon, for 50 denarii. The status are: Weakened, Blinded, Paralyzed, or Stunned. Multiple instances of this enhancement do not cause additional checks, but instead increase the DC of the check by 8.

-A weapon can be enhanced to ignore the AV of creatures that it hits by trading an Angel's Feather and paying 200 denarii. This bonus can only be applied once.

-A weapon can be enhanced to deal +4 damage and grant its wielder a +4 bonus to attack rolls when wielding it by trading any combination a Dragon’s Fang and a Dragon’s Claw, or two of either item.

-A gun can be enhanced to grant a +2 bonus to attack rolls and ignore an additional 4 points of AV by trading 2 darkhearts, 2 greyhearts, or one darkheart and one greyheart.

Armor
-A piece of armor can be enhanced to increase its DU by 1 for 100 denarii.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to increase its TP by 4 for 20 denarii.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to increase its AV by 1 for 30 denarii.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to have its EV decreased by 1 by trading 2 Slime Ambers and paying 20 denarii.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to increase its AV by 2 by trading 2 Horror Carapaces.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to give its wearer a +6 bonus to Stealth by trading 2 Chameleon Skins.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to give its wearer a +6 bonus to Resistance by trading 2 Faerie's Blood.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to increase its AV by 4 by trading 2 Demon's Bloods.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to give its wearer a +6 bonus to Grapple by trading 2 Faerie's Horns.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to make the wear immune to Heat damage, increase the armor's AV by 4, its DU by 1 and its TP by 10 by trading one Fiery Mantle and paying 100 denarii. This bonus can only be added once, and also causes the wearer of armor with this enhancement to take a -6 penalty to Stealth.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to give its wearer a +6 bonus to Dodge and Resistance, as well as granting the armor +1 DU and +10 TP by trading one Darkbrain or one Greybrain.

-A piece of armor can be enhanced to grant its wearer a +3 bonus to Resistance and have its AV increased by 6 by trading one Dragon’s Scale. This enchantment can be applied multiple times, but if a fraction of a Scale is required the character must instead provide enough money to cover the fraction of the scale’s value as if it had been sold to the Merchant.

Shields
-A shield can be enhanced to grant an additional +2 DB by paying 40 denarii.

-A shield can be enhanced to deal an additional +4 damage when used to shield bash by trading 2 Monster's Fangs.

-A shield can be enhanced to have its EV decreased by 1 by trading 2 Slime Ambers.

-A Shield can be enhanced to deal an additional 1d12 points of Heat damage when used to shield bash and have its DB increased by 2 by trading a Nightmare's Mane. This bonus can only be applied once.

-A shield can be enhanced to have its DB increased by 2 and grant its bearer 10 points of resistance to Heat, Force, Cold, and Electricity Damage by trading one Dragon’s Scale. This bonus can only be applied once.

Miscellaneous Items
The category of miscellaneous items Includes things like belts, jewelry, hats, helmets, gloves, and boots For other items, please seek approval before enchanting. A single miscellaneous item may have any number of different enchantments on it, but unlike normal enchanted items don’t become sentient unless at least 1000 denarii worth of enhancements are added.
-A miscellaneous item (or weapon) can be enhanced to grant its wearer the ability to cast a single Spell. The rules for this are below.
The cost of this enhancement depends on the level of the spell selected. Additional spells may be added to the same item without marking up the cost, but any given item can only hold up to 10 levels worth of spells.
Level 1 spells: 15 denarii
Level 2 spells: 30 denarii
Level 3 Spells: 50 denarii

Casting checks are not required to cast these spells. The item starts with an effective Mind stat equal to 30 for the purpose of determining how much damage these spells deal, and how much HP they restore, the stats of any creature summoned by them, or how much they increase a particular stat by, as well as the item’s effective Resistance for determining how difficult any additional effects are to resist. They are always treated as if they had the Focus Talent in any element that they can cast a spell from. The item’s effective Mind stat can be increased by 10 by paying 50 denarii.

The character using this item always pays any costs for any spells cast with this item, and uses the item’s Mind stat or their own to determine whether or not something hits, whichever is higher. In addition, spells cast from items cost an amount of EP equal to a spell one level higher.
A single item cannot allow a character to use Powers and cast Spells.

-A miscellaneous item (or weapon) can be enhanced to grant its wearer the ability to use a single Spirit Power. The rules for this are below.
A single power can be added for 50 denarii, and additional powers can be added to the same item for the usual markup. A single item can have no more than 3 Powers on it. The item has its own EP pool and an infinite Spirit Ceiling, but the only way to replenish the item’s EP pool is for the character to empower it with their own energy which takes one minute per ten points of EP. The item starts with a 10 point EP pool, and pays the same costs as the character would if they were using the power inherent in the item. If the power in question has an HP cost or some other requirement, the character still has to pay that. If the power requires an attack roll, it uses the appropriate stat of the character. A power used via an item can only use up to 6 EP per round.
The EP pool of an item can be increased by 10 in exchange for 30 denarii.
A single item cannot allow a character to use Powers and cast Spells.

-A miscellaneous item can be enhanced to grants its wearer immunity to Heat damage, a +5 bonus to attack rolls and melee damage rolls, and a +10 bonus to Dodge by trading one Fiery Mantle and 2 Demon’s Bloods. This bonus can only be applied once to a single item.

-A miscellaneous item can be enhanced to grants its wearer a +10 bonus to Dodge and Resistance, a +5 bonus to attack rolls, and Damage Reduction ¾ by trading one Angel’s Feather, one Dragon’s Scale, and two Slime Ambers. This bonus can only be applied once to a single item, and the Damage Reduction does not apply to creatures that already possess Damage Reduction naturally.

-A miscellaneous item can be enhanced to provide its wearer with a +2 bonus to Grapple, Dodge, attack rolls, melee OR ranged damage rolls, Stealth, or Perception by paying 30 denarii. A single item may have any two of these bonuses applied to it, and each can be increased distinctly from the other without affecting their prices.

-A miscellaneous item can be enhanced to provide its wearer with a +3 bonus to AV by trading 2 darkhearts/greyhearts and 2 Shorn Nectars.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Putting this here

A Weakness Flaw: The idea is basically that you have something that you're just simply weak against when introduced to you, for whatever reason, and coming into contact with it makes you unable to take action based on a resistance check.

It could be an allergy or phobia, but in the example I used, it was fluffy tails. And the conditions were that if Bakan, who I plan on adding this flaw to, is ever touched with a soft, plush, fluffy tail, he's forced to roll for resistance, or just be hypnotized and rendered helpless for one round as he basks in the glory of the fluffy tail.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

@Tass' post:

1st thought: Never gotten loot anyways, doesn't much affect me.

2nd thought: Ohmygod, a way to make Al's original quarterstaff he doesn't have anymore all neat and special!

All in all, i like it. XD

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

That improved enchantment list looks nice, though perhaps a equipment slot list or something should be introduced if it's implemented. People do have eight fingers and two thumbs after all, and I can see people trying to enchant and equip as many rings on their fingers as possible. Then there's necklaces, boots, trousers, underwear...

NorthernCross

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

That improved enchantment list looks nice, though perhaps a equipment slot list or something should be introduced if it's implemented. People do have eight fingers and two thumbs after all, and I can see people trying to enchant and equip as many rings on their fingers as possible. Then there's necklaces, boots, trousers, underwear...
Why stop at fingers? Earrings are just the beginning in terms of piercings...

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You could do it like Nethack does with the rings. It only allows 2 to be equipped at a time on your ring fingers to limit and prevent you from pretty much going into godmode.

EDIT: Thank you for saying that Spider, I had forgotten that D&D does that for some reason. So like both D&D and Nethack then.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For living slimes, I'm curious as to how they can impregnate. Malleable Form says that they can't impregnate anything unless by magical means. Would this mean vampiric futanari or something similar? Their tentacle mutation also states that they have the ability to impregnate other creatures. I'm not too sure what to make of this.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

You could do it like AD&D does with the rings. It only allows 2 to be equipped at a time on your ring fingers to limit and prevent you from pretty much going into godmode.
FTFY

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For living slimes, I'm curious as to how they can impregnate. Malleable Form says that they can't impregnate anything unless by magical means. Would this mean vampiric futanari or something similar? Their tentacle mutation also states that they have the ability to impregnate other creatures. I'm not too sure what to make of this.
I haven't decided yet, but I suppose that yes, having Tentacles or somehow acquiring futa would allow a slime to impregnate people with little slimes.

@Slots:
I wasn't going to limit it arbitrarily, but I think I would say that the enhancements that apply bonuses to things don't stack for the same stats. It's also somewhat expensive to even enchant that many things.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Going over the rolls/perception check post I saw that it didn't really cover picking locks or disarming traps in great detail. So I thought I would offer up suggestion for a challenge scale. The will undoubtedly have to be scaled and fiddled with.

Easy: 30
Average: 40
Difficult: 50
Hard: 60
GM hates you: ???

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Disarming traps and picking locks actually doesn't normally require any rolls. Finding traps does, but the DC for magical traps is listed in the description of Trap spells and non-magical ones are generally up to the GM to figure out.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

People will always be limited by the amount of money they have, though, in crafting these things. If I remember right Miranda is one of the richer characters, and she could craft maybe 2 magical items. Money seems pretty tight in DG world.