What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Dark Night] プリンセス・ハニートラップ/Princess Honey Trap (RJ01006188)

Reputation score

DLsite:
Translation thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/dark-night-purinsesu_haniitorappu-princess-honey-trap-translation.15644/

Here's the latest game from Dark Night (暗い夜).

The premise is that you're the hero in a fantasy world. With the help of your white mage companion Sofia, you defeat the Demon King and save the world. You return to an unnamed kingdom and are handsomely rewarded. Then Stella, the princess, asks you to participate in a Royal Duel so she can see your strength firsthand. You agree, but when the day of the duel arrives... well, just look at the title.

Gameplay involves some moving around 2D maps, but the main focus is the battles. These (with some exceptions) involve female enemies trying to beat you with various sexual techniques, all animated and with voice acting. If you lose, then depending on how exactly you lost, you see one of several possible defeat scenes, also animated and voiced.

Controls are RPG Maker standard: arrow keys to move around, space bar/Enter to confirm, X to cancel/open the menu, right click to hide text window, Shift to skip text, etc.

Fetishes: femdom, battle rape, temptation, monster girl

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
As embarrassing as it is to ask for help in a thread I started, does anyone have tips on how to beat Shana (the green-haired spirit)? I've fought her four times now and lost. I could always get the cheat equipment from an earlier save and breeze through the game, but I'd prefer to do it normally on my first playthrough.

GhostRider

Reputation score
As embarrassing as it is to ask for help in a thread I started, does anyone have tips on how to beat Shana (the green-haired spirit)? I've fought her four times now and lost. I could always get the cheat equipment from an earlier save and breeze through the game, but I'd prefer to do it normally on my first playthrough.
Did you have your sword equipped before fighting her? Before they patched the game after you beat the fairy game event your sword is unequipped.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Did you have your sword equipped before fighting her? Before they patched the game after you beat the fairy game event your sword is unequipped.
It's still equipped. I just tried again and managed to get her down to about 15% HP, only to lose again.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
It is a difficult fight. I always had flame and ice buffs up and then just spammed wind and made sure my excitement never went over 50.
Just tried again and I finally won with your strategy, albeit omitting the ice buff. Buffs in this game have an annoyingly short duration...

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Just finished the game. It's been interesting since while translating, I accidentally spoiled myself on the game's endings but not the events leading up to them.

When I translated the endings where Stella ends up as the hero's ally, I wondered if she was being brainwashed or coerced earlier in the game. The truth ended up being even more tragic than that. While there's some problems with the story (e.g. does the royal family consist of only two people? Where are the others?), I was still moved emotionally by it.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've completed Lana's sidequest now, so I've done basically everything the game has to offer.

I've got to say that this game does an amazing job of depicting temptation/seduction. In addition to the detailed battle system and defeat scenes,
Lana's sidequest has you gradually being suckered into working for her, the Fairies have their game, and Shana tries to charm you with an illusion before meeting you. Many of these have choices leading to different text, sometimes determining what sex act happens next.

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Permanent ban.
hi all, please would someone be so kind as to post a download link? many thanks in advance!! :)

HorinKruzin

Reputation score
Am I crazy? I can't figure out how to beat the final boss in spite of getting the item from the fairy and even using the cheat gear. How do I get endings other than the bad ending?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Am I crazy? I can't figure out how to beat the final boss in spite of getting the item from the fairy and even using the cheat gear. How do I get endings other than the bad ending?
You're not supposed to beat her, only to get her HP down low enough (to 30%?) to trigger something else.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
You're not supposed to beat her, only to get her HP down low enough (to 30%?) to trigger something else.
That was a very strange decision, but I gotta say. I really like this game's scenario.
I hope Dark Night focuses on this kind of writing for their future games.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score

This game is going to be updated with new content (new scenes?) in mid-March at the earliest, mid-April at the latest.

EDIT: Also, I came across this Japanese-language guide to the game:

Last edited:

ExposedPlace

Reputation score
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the fire and thunder attack increase skill?
If yes, which one?

ntoiuxn

Reputation score
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the fire and thunder attack increase skill?
If yes, which one?
The buffs seem to be functionally the same, but they stack so there's no reason not to use both.

I've completed Lana's sidequest now, so I've done basically everything the game has to offer.

I've got to say that this game does an amazing job of depicting temptation/seduction. In addition to the detailed battle system and defeat scenes,
Lana's sidequest has you gradually being suckered into working for her, the Fairies have their game, and Shana tries to charm you with an illusion before meeting you. Many of these have choices leading to different text, sometimes determining what sex act happens next.
This is probably my new favorite dev and it is largely because of their writing. We are very lucky to have you translating!

...and it seems like their first game is finally getting a proper translation as well so I'm looking forward to that!

ExposedPlace

Reputation score
I don't know if it is the right thread to post this, but I was wondering if someone knew how coding .json files works.
I was messing around trying to change some of the enemies' stats using "save editor online" to modify the code.
The usual stats such as hp are easily changeable, but I ran into problems when I was trying to find which is the code part to modify the amount of levels and healing that the imp receives when empowered.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to change those stats.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't know if it is the right thread to post this, but I was wondering if someone knew how coding .json files works.
I was messing around trying to change some of the enemies' stats using "save editor online" to modify the code.
The usual stats such as hp are easily changeable, but I ran into problems when I was trying to find which is the code part to modify the amount of levels and healing that the imp receives when empowered.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to change those stats.
They can be opened with something like Notepad++ but I assume the info will be obfuscated. You could do it the same way a dev does it and use the same rpgmaker program the dev used to make the game.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
The latest Ci-en article includes some info on the planned update. It'll add four postgame events:
  • threesome with Stella & Sofia
  • battle with two Town Girls
  • special battle against Sofia using a completely different system to the rest of the game
  • the only thing revealed about the 4th event is the quote "Sorry, Sofia-chan... I'm going to reverse NTR you...!"

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
The latest Ci-en article includes some info on the planned update. It'll add four postgame events:
  • threesome with Stella & Sofia
  • battle with two Town Girls
  • special battle against Sofia using a completely different system to the rest of the game
  • the only thing revealed about the 4th event is the quote "Sorry, Sofia-chan... I'm going to reverse NTR you...!"
That's good news. I'm most excited for the threesome. Curious what kind of scene it'll be. Hope it's cowgirl+facesitting.
Battle with town girls? Two? Hmmm... curious how that'll go.
A Sofia battle with different mechanics. Glad to see Dark Night challenge themselves on a design front. Their games aren't too erotic to me on a mechanical front, and it's this kind of experimentation that usually causes design roadblock breakthroughs. I hope they manage to learn something.

Reverse NTR Sofia chan? That's not even possible. They aren't in a relationship and the way the story starts, he lost the love he originally had for her, seeing her more as an enemy.
EDIT: Wait. Sofia's the white mage? NOOOOOOO. That's mean... She doesn't deserve that. She deserves the most happiness out of any character in the story. Any arc where she's unhappy is not canon imo

Yes

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This game is absolutely fanastic, the Lana quest and conclusion were very particurly well written for me (and translated). I think I may wait until the post game content hits before continuing though, looking forward to the dev update.

Edit: I think they just released a new CI post but AFAIC tell they were minaly talking about their new game, though I think they did mention that the trial for the new game will come AFTER the update for honey trap:
"However, the release of the trial version is still in the future. I think the Punitora update will probably come first. (I'm sorry! It's still early, but...!)"

Last edited: