What's new

[Complete - Full] [Dark Night] プリンセス・ハニートラップ/Princess Honey Trap translation

Reputation score
Game thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/dark-night-purinsesu_haniitorappu-princess-honey-trap-rj01006188.15651/
DLsite link:

I haven't translated a non-62studio game until now, but this one interested me enough to break out of my mould.

Translation versions:
  • PHT TL1: This has menus, skill/item names and the first part of the story translated, along with miscellaneous bits of text. No H-scenes are translated. This is for those who want to play the game ASAP and are willing to use text hooking + MTL when needed. Could have worked on this a bit longer, but I decided to release this early as a Christmas gift.
  • PHT TL2: Story is translated up to Lana's first few requests and the meeting with Shana. Battles and accompanying H-scenes are translated up to Imp's first battle, and Lana's first two scenes are also translated. Various typos and other mistakes are fixed.
  • PHT TL3: Main story is completely translated, along with most of Lana's sidequest. Imp's second battle and H-scenes, all of the Fairies' scenes and a certain illusion's scenes are translated. Various typos and other mistakes are fixed.
  • PHT TL4: The complete translation. I also fixed various mistakes and updated it to game version 1.04.

To apply the translation:
  1. Download the most recent translation version and extract the contents.
  2. Go to your game folder and open up the "www" folder.
  3. Back up your "data" and "js" folders. One way to do this and leave them in place is to rename them, e.g. to "data backup" and "js backup".
  4. Click and drag the translation folders (should also be data and js) into www. If a translation has already been applied, you'll be asked to overwrite existing files, so say yes.
  5. Enjoy the game.

Attachments

Last edited:

TravoltaLizardon

Reputation score
Doing God's work brother. Praying for a big tiddy succubus gf to visit you one day...

Erbstin

Reputation score
Wow this is awesome. Thanks for translating to be able to play!

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Excellent game choice. I played it using MTool and thought the story was interesting enough

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've done a major update to the translation, which you can download from the OP as "PHT TL2". You can technically play up to Shana now, if you're willing to see some untranslated parts towards the end.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
This game's not the biggest I've translated, but it's taking a lot longer than I thought... Each character has so many lines for every single situation in battle, and they've got completely different lines for every single situation when you fight them again. Still, I think I've passed the halfway mark now.

Duvet

Lurker
Reputation score
Since I saw this translation project, I've been holding off from playing it. I found it really interesting like with the author's previous game, you get additional temptation dialogue if you wait on the decision choice screen until your character gives in. Looking forward to completion!

a9013451

Reputation score
Great news! The game developed by [暗い夜 ] or [Dark Night] is highly leaned towards seduction schemes during battles, i.e., the wordplay. And the battle system itself feels detached and ambiguous, or more generally speaking, not very rewarding. Therefore, machine translations can hardly scratch the surface, and you sir, is doing justice to his games the hard way.

temp_again

Reputation score
Thanks for the translation, it's funny I've played all the 62-studio games and just found this one was interesting, and you happen to be translating it. Bravo.

Servitus

Reputation score
Thanks for all your hard work translating this game, Green Thoughts! I really appreciate it.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've updated the translation again. You should now be able to play through the entire story including the various good endings, though you'll still need text hooking + MTL to understand the later battles.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
awesome cant wait to re-play this after the translation is done was hoping there other game the tower of something would get a full translation but hey this game is great cant wait to read the story

Chryssssss

Reputation score
awesome cant wait to re-play this after the translation is done was hoping there other game the tower of something would get a full translation but hey this game is great cant wait to read the story
A translation for tower of alfimia is currently being worked on. you can find it on succubus senki translation server by giratena translations

Also thank you for all your hardwork green thoughts! amazing job!