What's new

Dead Frontier.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I just gotta make a thread for everything.

Awesome zombie MMO.. Probably the best around, mainly because it's not like Urban Dead or other shit like that. There's actual gameplay and the online focus is vital to the game.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Dead Frontier.

i was on the pre game forum #17th in post count and one of the first to play it but eventually i lost interest in the game. its ok but i feal there could be many more improvements in this as a game but as an early beta its still really good.

four out of five :):):):):mad: smileys

randomwords

Lurker
Reputation score

I joined up to check it out... I will tell you what i think when i get to play it a bit :D

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was fun during the Beta... But just like any MMO you've ever heard of, it gets boring after a while, and the only thing people seem to flock to without quitting entirely, is obviously PvP.

I personally would have enjoyed more features that involved survival, but the designer himself said that the crowd wanted more action, and was answering that call. And, as I see the game get some of it's most important updates in the worst way (Typical MMO quests), I've nearly lost all hope for this game to become what I hoped it would be, and that's a fight for survival, not how many zeds you can kill with the uber weapons you bought with real money, or through lots of time dedicated to finding, or buying lesser weapons from the people who were lucky enough to find them, and don't want them.

While being about a step above Urban Dead, in the aspect that it has much more action to speak of, it's very close to this cousin, in that the endless grinding of zombies, which used to be so fun, becomes... Boring. And, after that resource of fun has been consumed, there is little else besides PvP, which you will most likely be killed in, due to all the bored, high level people, just as you will be, are lurking around PvP lobbies to kill people.

I was very amped to see Dead Frontier, thinking it would bear a new style of game genre. But, once I saw it stray down the dark path of the classic, MMORPG, I realized my faith in the development in the game was misplaced, being a fool for thinking that this would be what I've been waiting for, a true, zombie apocalypse, sandbox survival game, instead of the classic killing fest of the nasty Zed's that almost all of us have played.

In conclusion, it's not a survival game, at heart, it's an action game.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Though I agree with Raptor Jesus so far, I'm still enjoying the game. My name on there is of course, sinfulwolf, and I still hop on to explore and kill a few zombies.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bleh, I'm wasn't even aware of it's stage, it's been so long since I'd checked back to see if they were still calling it beta.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So wait, when was the last time you played it?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

They still are Mr. Jesus.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Some time ago when I got an Email that said missions were available at the little notice board place. That, combined with the ads I've even seen on youtube, I assumed they left Beta.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

no, still in, just advanced

randomwords

Lurker
Reputation score

i am liking it so far... I do agree that it is going down the dark path that these games do take unfortunately but so far so fun until i find something better lol...

And my name is DJMillah on there.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think it's the new . <3

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, funny story.

Dark, Mo, and I go on an aggro run. Mo dies. Dark suggests we head back. I'm fucking hardcore, so I say we stay. We get a HUGE fucking aggro spike, then after a while, it dies out. Dark leaves the area, and IT SPIKES AGAIN. So we do a few tests and decide that more zombies appear when he's gone. So he heads out and leaves me to fight by myself. And did I mention I used all of my ammo for my rifle a few minutes before my little standoff? DID THAT FUCKING STOP ME?

FUCK NO IT DIDN'T.
(fun fact, Dark died while I was doing my thing. what's better is that he offered backup if I needed it. WHO NEEDS THE BACKUP NOW BITCH!?)

As if that isn't enough, on my way back, I got 9% XP worth of kills.

Shit yes. I'm a beast.

EDIT: Now in motivator form.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Well at least I didn't die at the first wave...

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu tried, to low a frame rate

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What level are you guys?

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Level 13 and raping with a scapel >.>, I can't get enough motivation to go into purple zone though/barricading up though... Something about having to deal with bloody crows annoy me.