What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Devil's Office] SHRIFT 2 (RJ318368)

Kernog

Reputation score
So, I have played a little, and I had a couple remarks about how the game works:
* I notice that the time is managed separately from your save. I thought it was a bug of the demo, but it seems to be an actual feature. Is it a big deal in your opinion ?
* It seems that the senior priest is now able to increase your faith level, as you spend 30000 "something". Be careful hower, as it is a steep increase, not a reset to 30 (I was leveled up from 26 to 35). So don't talk to him if you plan to do a low faith run (if that's a thing in this game).

Madflavor

Reputation score
Anyone figure out yet how to do the optional fight at the tree in the cemetary? The option to fight is grayed out for me when I go up to the tree.

Troy168

Reputation score
Anyone figure out yet how to do the optional fight at the tree in the cemetary? The option to fight is grayed out for me when I go up to the tree.
Aparently, we need to lvl up to 10. Though for which one, I do not know.

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
The tree fight is done by getting level 10 with the shadow girl (first demon), To give demons levels you have to let them suck you in the love hotel, and you must equip one of the books for levels to be lost, easiest to just equip red book then get your levels back at the father to repeat as necessary.

Also it must be the "until dry" or "until game over" options, to give them levels.

Madflavor

Reputation score
The tree fight is done by getting level 10 with the shadow girl (first demon), To give demons levels you have to let them suck you in the love hotel, and you must equip one of the books for levels to be lost, easiest to just equip red book then get your levels back at the father to repeat as necessary.

Also it must be the "until dry" or "until game over" options, to give them levels.
Yeah for some reason even with the Red Book equipped, they're no draining my soul levels. I don't know why. I may get 5 stacks plus dry status, but my soul level stays the same.

Update: Level drain worked fine with another girl. I'll keep investigating.

Update 2: Ok now it's working. Not sure what happened there.

I just finished the story of Part 1. I still have a bunch of side quests to do, but overall I really loved it. The dev really stepped up their game with this one. The improvements are across the board. I cannot wait for Part 2 and whatever additional DLC comes our way. Gonna spend the rest of the day doing side stuff.

One comment I want to make about the Difficulty, because this was brought up back when the demo was first released. The game is remarkably easier than Shrift 1. I can only speak for Part 1, but gone are the days of losing to the same boss over and over again, hopping on forums to see how other people beat them, and then finally managing to do it. The game's approach is that it wants you to relax and enjoy your time with it. Is there a part of me that misses the difficult fights? Sure. But overall I really love the direction they're going with the gameplay. I think even if they tried to make the fights very hard, the very nature of the leveling system in this game would just mean if you grind enough, you would mop the floor with the enemies.

So yeah, I'm satisfied!

Last edited:

Danratos

Reputation score
i need help i buy and download the game but when i stard the game i didnt see the proganist help pls

but waht a programm i need to run the game correctly

Danratos

Reputation score
i mean i didnt see him in the game
i start a new game the first map wehn i go to the shrine the game stuck
waht a type of a programm you guys use to run the game ?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
It might be prudent to wait till a few bug patches are out before you play if you can stomach the wait, this creator likes to do a lot of meta stuff like reading your past actions, your saves and fourth wall breaking. It's unknown currently but there might be a bug that breaks certain flags for such events.

OP
E

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So I'm kinda' stuck. I've gotten through the haunted house area with the giant snail, but now I can't do anything. I try to talk to the nun and get a new quest, but orange text shows up to say "nah". I've checked every area and noone seems to be interested in doing anything for me, so I'm pretty much unable to move forward. Advice?

Kernog

Reputation score
I just finished the story of Part 1. I still have a bunch of side quests to do, but overall I really loved it. The dev really stepped up their game with this one. The improvements are across the board. I cannot wait for Part 2 and whatever additional DLC comes our way. Gonna spend the rest of the day doing side stuff.

One comment I want to make about the Difficulty, because this was brought up back when the demo was first released. The game is remarkably easier than Shrift 1. I can only speak for Part 1, but gone are the days of losing to the same boss over and over again, hopping on forums to see how other people beat them, and then finally managing to do it. The game's approach is that it wants you to relax and enjoy your time with it. Is there a part of me that misses the difficult fights? Sure. But overall I really love the direction they're going with the gameplay. I think even if they tried to make the fights very hard, the very nature of the leveling system in this game would just mean if you grind enough, you would mop the floor with the enemies.

So yeah, I'm satisfied!
To be honest, I still wish that the monster girls used more tricks. But yeah, some battles in 1 were a pain in the butt, and because of the debuffs you could easily go into a vicious cycle (Iron Maiden round 2, anyone?) These two drawbacks have been erased by the fact that defeat and its debuffs are now a slap on the wrist.
So you can either roleplay an incorruptible hero, or just play a "loser" one.

I just wish that there was an option to start a new game that does not involve deleting your save files to reset the calendar and faith level, and do the tutorial all over again. But I guess that we will get a thorough explanation as to why it is that way in the latter parts.

Madflavor

Reputation score
So I'm kinda' stuck. I've gotten through the haunted house area with the giant snail, but now I can't do anything. I try to talk to the nun and get a new quest, but orange text shows up to say "nah". I've checked every area and noone seems to be interested in doing anything for me, so I'm pretty much unable to move forward. Advice?
Sometimes you gotta keep playing and going to sleep. Eventually you get a call. That happened to me a couple times in the game to progress the story. See if that works for you. Do some side content in the meantime.

To be honest, I still wish that the monster girls used more tricks. But yeah, some battles in 1 were a pain in the butt, and because of the debuffs you could easily go into a vicious cycle (Iron Maiden round 2, anyone?) These two drawbacks have been erased by the fact that defeat and its debuffs are now a slap on the wrist.
So you can either roleplay an incorruptible hero, or just play a "loser" one.

I just wish that there was an option to start a new game that does not involve deleting your save files to reset the calendar and faith level, and do the tutorial all over again. But I guess that we will get a thorough explanation as to why it is that way in the latter parts.
I would say the Siren is the most interesting and difficult battle in the game. I did play on Normal, so at some point I'll try the game on Hard. Either this is just the direction the dev wanted to go in, or perhaps a lot of fans complained about the difficulty of Shrift, and that motivated him to go in a different direction with the difficulty.

One thing I did notice is that if you're at a decent soul, a lot of devils go down in a few hits. So maybe there are mechanics that are tricky, but I just never saw them. Mind you I didn't "grind". Every day I would go to the gym to train before continuing the story. I was never below Soul level 30, and the highest I got to was 45. The Siren was the only fight where I had to use my resources and healing skills. Perhaps there was an expectation that the player would want to lose to every Devil he comes across to experience the Squeezing scenes. But if you resist temptation and consistently beat every enemy you come across, you remain pretty powerful. I went in knowing I could always experience the squeezing scenes in the Hotel.

OP
E

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sometimes you gotta keep playing and going to sleep. Eventually you get a call. That happened to me a couple times in the game to progress the story. See if that works for you. Do some side content in the meantime.

I would say the Siren is the most interesting and difficult battle in the game. I did play on Normal, so at some point I'll try the game on Hard. Either this is just the direction the dev wanted to go in, or perhaps a lot of fans complained about the difficulty of Shrift, and that motivated him to go in a different direction with the difficulty.

One thing I did notice is that if you're at a decent soul, a lot of devils go down in a few hits. So maybe there are mechanics that are tricky, but I just never saw them. Mind you I didn't "grind". Every day I would go to the gym to train before continuing the story. I was never below Soul level 30, and the highest I got to was 45. The Siren was the only fight where I had to use my resources and healing skills.
Okay, problem is I don't read Japanese, so I have no idea how to do any side-content.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
im hard stuck in the abandoned school girls bathroom, there is an item on the ground but i cant do anything. i beat chapter 1 story wise but im still missing 2 enemies and 5 regular ones. just dont know where to go anymore. no new dialogue, whent through all places during day and night but nothing new.

the police women said something about knicking 3 times on the 3rd door, but i cant interact with anything aother than the item on the ground

Madflavor

Reputation score
Okay, problem is I don't read Japanese, so I have no idea how to do any side-content.
Do you have Textractor? It's probably the easiest to use Machine Translator out there. It will help to understand some of the text. You get side quests from the Nun in the church.

Troy168

Reputation score
So any ideas on how to unlock the extra scenes that the Shadow Lady and the Cait Seith has?

dannyfk8

Reputation score
i mean i didnt see him in the game
i start a new game the first map wehn i go to the shrine the game stuck
waht a type of a programm you guys use to run the game ?
I think I am having the same problem as this guy to sum up in detail. I downloaded the game and ran it but in the start after you pick your difficulty and etc I arrive at Yami Shrine. First problem I see is my character is not on the screen as if he was invisible. I am able to still walk around as if he was there then when I approach the lanterns and YAMI is suppose to appear there is no Yami on my screen, and no text so the game is stuck. **FIXED IT** I didn't realize I thought I already changed my system locale to Japan but I didn't. Re download the game and ran it as administrator and problem was solved.

Last edited:

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The hardest and most enjoyable fight was still the Oni for me before the EX content showed up. Ah boy, I sure hope we get to properly 'pacify' these monster girls in the most traditional sense.
download.gif

I do hope there's the we're gonna have a bad time boss fight too in the end. Hopefully with us being more of a lord of war rather than whatever happened in shrift 1. I am gonna feel bad for it I suppose now that we have to clear the game first before we can pacify, assuming that's the delete monster girl option. Similar to Soul Nomad.

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
People you should get yourselfs killed in dungeons like the graveyard or getting your character sleepy something like that there is a hidden demon that attacks you when you sleep