What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

BlackAion

Reputation score
Alright you guys were no fucking help. Guy on my discord for a completely different game finally told me what EXACTLY I needed to do and now Im gonna tell you. On the FOURTH coffin breakout there is a BLANK option underneath Submissions. Click that to end the fight. DO NOT click anything else as that will screw you over. And you ABSOLUTELY must have less than 100 lust.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
But I want just chapter 2 save
An actual option to consider is grab Anegorami's or my save for whatever route you want and there is a way to start from chapter 2 that way in the menus, you can pick an option to start from a particular chapter i believe in the load menus

Anegorami

Reputation score
EX-3 cleared!
Slowpoke.png

Took me a while due to my constant lack of free time. Well, better late than never.
Shall anyone need a post EX-3 save, feel free to use mine.

Also, @ネコマタ狂アラン
First, for some reason Morumo's (モルモー) door in "My Room" has no opening animation.
Second, I've looked pretty hard through all your game code and I see no way the game could ever set switch #35 (G-route clear) to ON state. That bugs me pretty hard since I have the Genocide route cleared and the EX-2 crystal still gives me non-G dialogue (the crystal shown on the first image in my previous post, to be precise). So, my question is simple: How much killing do I need to unleash before the game will notice my bloodlust and will give me G dialogue on EX-2 crystal? How do I activate the mentioned switch?

ネコマタ狂アラン

Game Developer
Reputation score
EX-3 cleared!
View attachment 34227

Took me a while due to my constant lack of free time. Well, better late than never.
Shall anyone need a post EX-3 save, feel free to use mine.

Also, @ネコマタ狂アラン
First, for some reason Morumo's (モルモー) door in "My Room" has no opening animation.
Second, I've looked pretty hard through all your game code and I see no way the game could ever set switch #35 (G-route clear) to ON state. That bugs me pretty hard since I have the Genocide route cleared and the EX-2 crystal still gives me non-G dialogue (the crystal shown on the first image in my previous post, to be precise). So, my question is simple: How much killing do I need to unleash before the game will notice my bloodlust and will give me G dialogue on EX-2 crystal? How do I activate the mentioned switch?
The case where there is no door animation is "I did not expect to install the door because the implementation was sudden."
The EX series is like a Gaiden. Originally, like the EX1, there were about two appearances, and of course there was no addition of my room.
With the animation, there is only a wall where the door opens.
Of course, I can cleverly assemble it so that it doesn't look like that, but I've left this as "she isn't official in My Room unlike the other girls."

For switches...
Well, I don't really understand.
I can't remember what this switch was designed for.
Maybe I used it secretly for something in the past, so I will change the condition to a more major switch without erasing it.

kubex2

Reputation score
How do i beat Titanoboa? is there supposed to be some event in 3-3? how to escape her binding?

Anegorami

Reputation score
For switches...
Well, I don't really understand.
I can't remember what this switch was designed for.
Maybe I used it secretly for something in the past, so I will change the condition to a more major switch without erasing it.
So, that switch was merely a leftover?
Just asking because I like your game that much and don't want to miss anything major, like the third super-secret Genocide route variation (like I did with Hypocrite route, initially).

How do i beat Titanoboa? is there supposed to be some event in 3-3? how to escape her binding?
True Mercy Route: Defend until Hyaaki Oni comes to rescue poor Kazuya.
Genocide Route: Survive till you get that skill. Then just use it to deal over 15k of pure damage, vaporizing Titanoboa.

CMRcc

Reputation score
So, that switch was merely a leftover?
Just asking because I like your game that much and don't want to miss anything major, like the third super-secret Genocide route variation (like I did with Hypocrite route, initially).
Umh is there a guide on how to get all the routes? I think I might have missed somes

Anegorami

Reputation score
@ネコマタ狂アラン
I don't know why your post got deleted all of a sudden, but here's the reply.
Sorry for being a nuisance and making you mad. Message received, loud and clear. From now on I'll keep my research to myself and Shrifted (his project requires making some changes in the game to apply the translation better).

Umh is there a guide on how to get all the routes? I think I might have missed somes
Below is the list of all currently known routes / endings of the game. Contains spoilers, obviously.
Routes, exact conditions (must be true at the end of Chapter 4-2):
True Mercy route: Have 13 girls in "My Room", befriend Daji and have Kazuya's level equal to 1.
0.png
Mercy Endings: Have 13 girls in "My Room", befriend Daji but have Kazuya's level greater than 1.
Mercy Ending A: When the final choice appears, choose "カズヤを犠牲にする" [Scrifice Kazuya].
a.png
Mercy Ending B: When the final choice appears, choose "レイナを撃つ" [Shoot Reina].
b.png
Neutral Ending A: Have 9 or more girls in "My Room" AND keep Kazuya's level below 12.
e.png
Neutral Ending B: Have 5 or more girls in "My Room" AND keep Kazuya's level below 18.
c.png
Neutral Ending C: Have less than 5 girls in "My Room" OR have Kazuya's level greater or equal to 18.
d.png
Note: Those conditions aren't taking Meira's help into account, using it will affect the ending IN A NEGATIVE WAY. Also, by using it even once you'll lock yourself out of the True Mercy route.

Genocide route: Kill everyone. Literally. Trigger all the random encounters of every area and kill all the bosses.
Genocide route variation A [No Mercy]: Clear Genocide route AFTER clearing True Mercy route.
g.png
Genocide route variation B [Genocide]: Clear Genocide route BEFORE clearing True Mercy route.
h.png
Genocide route variation C [Pardoned]: Make your way up to Hyakki Oni, "defeat" her and then choose to surrender. The only Genocide ending that will move you to "My Room" afterwards.
f.png
Genocide route variation D [Hypocrite]: The trickiest of them all. No tips for this one. *evil smile*
i.png

GAG Ending: Clear the game in "Spectator" mode.
No image because of the 10-images-per-post limit.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Shrift II, Richard's weapons:
1st - Rosary
While the effect from prayers is weak, it offers resistance against attacks and temptations; however, if Richard gets undressed, that effect goes away. Recommended for beginners.
2nd - Bible (scripture?)
Boasts high exorcism power, enabling to seal or weaken demons' actions with variety of different verses, but it offers no resistance whatsoever. Recommended for advanced players.

harryblum

Reputation score
Think my game is messed up or something. I beat the fairy/monster in the blue dress and ran from empowered sphinx but can't seem to procede. I can talk to the small green fairy and she will fly me forward but the sphinx will be there and I get flown back.
I have already gone to the memory machine and refought the sphinx and won. The first time I used the machine I got a new line but it didn't change anything for me.

CMRcc

Reputation score
Think my game is messed up or something. I beat the fairy/monster in the blue dress and ran from empowered sphinx but can't seem to procede. I can talk to the small green fairy and she will fly me forward but the sphinx will be there and I get flown back.
I have already gone to the memory machine and refought the sphinx and won. The first time I used the machine I got a new line but it didn't change anything for me.
You have to check on sphinx multiple time while passing time in between each one (the easiest way is to drink tea).
When you find sphinx singing is when you can proceed

harryblum

Reputation score
You have to check on sphinx multiple time while passing time in between each one (the easiest way is to drink tea).
When you find sphinx singing is when you can proceed
I never would have found this out, you're a life saver.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
A couple of updates on Shrift II by Nekomata.
First, a zoom function working with multi-view angle camera (1st-person and 3rd-person):
Apparently you will be able to zoom in up to Richard's hips in 3rd-person view; Nekomata also pondered if he should make it so we can zoom to whichever body part we wish while in My Room, but he's uncertain? He's not begun doing work in that area yet.
Secondly, he posted something regarding a system he first showed in October last year: 信触 (shinshoku - Faith touch?)
As he put it in the main post, there will be two 'Shinshoku': first one is 心蝕 - Mind corruption that we know about already, which will give us new request skills upon losing to a certain demon, while also making it harder to win against that demon in the future, but also reducing mind corruption from other demons.
The second one, 信触 - Faith touch, will occur whenever Richard gets intimate with any demon in My Room; this will not lower other demons' amount of 信触 or 心蝕. As you increase the progression of Faith touch, it will simultaneously increase their friendship level towards you. You will be able to obtain their 'Magic Seal' ( 魔印 ) that will affect Richard's stats and skills:
1599220539854.png
On this example, Shadow Seal is shown, from Shadow Woman ( 影女 ). To the left, you can see what additional bonuses are given; those are affected by your level of friendship (in this example, it's 'Skill Slot +1' and 'Chest attacks damage halved'). To the bottom right, you can see Seal's modifiers to Richard's main stats, as following:

信仰 - Faith - Normal体力 - Vitality - Normal
神聖 - Sanctity (normal attack power?) - Decreased魔法 - Magic - Increased
物防 - Physical defense - Decreased魔防 - Magic defense - Increased
敏捷 - Agility - Normal免疫 - Immunity - Normal
Note that this is not final and may be changed on release.
Also, there are a couple of screenshots he included:
As always, your thoughts and comments on my translation are welcome.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
Shrift II looks to be in so many ways an improvement over Shrift. I love the option to switch camera angles. It means more work for the dev, but it'll make for a better game in the end.