What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Shrifted

Reputation score
So, found the crashing error:

1600287605152.png

Turns out either the scripting or the patcher really doesn't like seeing English hash symbols in text. It was fine back when it was using JP hash symbols, but when it tries to pull the ending name out for the "Congratulations!" screen, it crashes when it reads an English one. It's likely due to a # being a reserved symbol or something, but anyways... we should have a fixed translation patch version out by the end of the day. Thanks for reporting this!

SubNero

Lurker
Reputation score
Man i just gotta say i love this game, it maybe the best monster girl game for me out there honestly.

Titanboa and Arachne in particular are my favorites, the sadistic nature of their characters is written down perfectly, their scenes are terrifying but awesome i really like the idea of the protagonist running into a scene where they "eat" some other character, i feel like not many games do that to amp just how dangerous the enemy is.

Can't wait for EX4.

eaglesky

Reputation score
is it not possible to replay some chapters with out a new game? seems like only certain ones have enemies when i return to them, Even though haru and liz are in my room, i can return to the chapter and work those out, but arachne and her 3-2 chapter don't work like that.

Flover90

Reputation score
I was following this guide: and i think i made a huge mistake. I couldn't unlock Hyakki somehow, i thought that using the Chapter Select would work instead of just going in another save, because i was able to unlock Titanoboa. Was this my error or there is another way to unlock Hyakki? I'm at the last Chapter, i don't know if i'll unlock her later, tell me if there is a cheat that could help me to unlock her, please.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Can anyone post a guide for all the routes?
https://ulmf.org/threads/devils-office-shrift-rj209839.11163/page-116#post-1116937

is it not possible to replay some chapters with out a new game? seems like only certain ones have enemies when i return to them, Even though haru and liz are in my room, i can return to the chapter and work those out, but arachne and her 3-2 chapter don't work like that.
Shrift's "Chapter Select" option keeps track of your progress, so, no, you can't just "return to any chapter at the point of first arrival" without doing some really dirty hacking. To make things worse, once you enter the post-game "My Room", you'll lose the ability to use "Chapter Select" at all.
Still, if you want to replay the scenes there are plenty of options:
- You can ask any of befriended devils to milk Kazuya, gaining some affection.
- You can use an option in the main menu to replay some of the defeat events.
- You can use Delusion Capsule to play the contents of various Memory Crystals, which can be found along the road and in the girls' rooms as you progress.
...With all that being said, there is no real way to replay fights, which is really disappointing.

eaglesky

Reputation score
I'm tired of doing the dance event with nina, I got her to sing the first time and failed, and now it won't go past 99 and I don't know why.

i like how the walkthrough says get a high rating... but If I do my best to do so, she just dies.

adzu12

Reputation score
https://ulmf.org/threads/devils-office-shrift-rj209839.11163/page-116#post-1116937

Shrift's "Chapter Select" option keeps track of your progress, so, no, you can't just "return to any chapter at the point of first arrival" without doing some really dirty hacking. To make things worse, once you enter the post-game "My Room", you'll lose the ability to use "Chapter Select" at all.
Still, if you want to replay the scenes there are plenty of options:
- You can ask any of befriended devils to milk Kazuya, gaining some affection.
- You can use an option in the main menu to replay some of the defeat events.
- You can use Delusion Capsule to play the contents of various Memory Crystals, which can be found along the road and in the girls' rooms as you progress.
...With all that being said, there is no real way to replay fights, which is really disappointing.
speaking of that the last i have Delusion Capsule say to me: unable to find file: Graphics/pitures//mio/0-000.png
is some bug? i mean i take the save for this forum but the last 2 Delusion Capsule tell me that error.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
I'm tired of doing the dance event with nina, I got her to sing the first time and failed, and now it won't go past 99 and I don't know why.
99 is the max, so you already accomplished the task?
speaking of that the last i have Delusion Capsule say to me: unable to find file: Graphics/pitures//mio/0-000.png
is some bug? i mean i take the save for this forum but the last 2 Delusion Capsule tell me that error.
Iirc Nekomata updated DLC files not too long ago, so trying to replay Mio's or Yami's causes crash. Check his ci-en for updated DLC folder.

adzu12

Reputation score

Iirc Nekomata updated DLC files not too long ago, so trying to replay Mio's or Yami's causes crash. Check his ci-en for updated DLC folder.
ok thx in gone do that

well i try to go to ci-en and i have a conclusion i dont undertand japanese at all xDDD i think i wanna wait and upddate of the game wellp

eaglesky

Reputation score

but isn't she supposed to sing and the audio changes to represent that as well? I get to 99 before the final face off with her and even before the second shadow, but she still dies... and her smile still fades? does that happen regardless? Granted I assumed because it seemed like she really died i didn't check hell for her room...

unity3311

Reputation score
I was following this guide: and i think i made a huge mistake. I couldn't unlock Hyakki somehow, i thought that using the Chapter Select would work instead of just going in another save, because i was able to unlock Titanoboa. Was this my error or there is another way to unlock Hyakki? I'm at the last Chapter, i don't know if i'll unlock her later, tell me if there is a cheat that could help me to unlock her, please.
That guide is flat out wrong, you are not expected to have a separate save and redo two whole chapters. After reading the note, DO NOT SAVE or continue to the next chapter. Reset or close the game and chapter select back to 3-1.
By the way, you are expected to use this opportunity to get the magnum from the room in 3-2 where the army man died. Assuming you didn't already make a special trip to get it.

Also you need Mukuro and Iron Maiden recruited to be able to save Hyakki at all, but I assume you've already done that since you said pacifist.

Nepushiro

Reputation score
but isn't she supposed to sing and the audio changes to represent that as well? I get to 99 before the final face off with her and even before the second shadow, but she still dies... and her smile still fades? does that happen regardless? Granted I assumed because it seemed like she really died i didn't check hell for her room...
For me she still "Dies" she turns into ash then after you complete the chapter she'll show up in the room. You just have to get the rating to 99 before you face her

eaglesky

Reputation score
i'll try again, if this is how it works, it's very likely i did this for 2 hours for no reason.

bmyhand34

Reputation score
That guide is flat out wrong, you are not expected to have a separate save and redo two whole chapters. After reading the note, DO NOT SAVE or continue to the next chapter. Reset or close the game and chapter select back to 3-1.
By the way, you are expected to use this opportunity to get the magnum from the room in 3-2 where the army man died. Assuming you didn't already make a special trip to get it.

Also you need Mukuro and Iron Maiden recruited to be able to save Hyakki at all, but I assume you've already done that since you said pacifist.
I did that and hyakki did not show up in my room , Before the battle with titobana i have everyone maxed affection and went back and got the weapon but only got titobana in my room

Lazyrick

Reputation score
I did that and hyakki did not show up in my room , Before the battle with titobana i have everyone maxed affection and went back and got the weapon but only got titobana in my room
Hyakki only shows up in My Room post game after pacifist. You need to max Affection with everyone to get the right ending, after which you'll find her room in the top right of My Room.

purplepower

Reputation score
I just finished a true mercy run and I'm planning on doing a genocide run on a completely fresh game that's in a different folder than my True mercy run, will doing genocide in a different file location mess with the true mercy save? I know Undertale hid saves in the system folders so I'm wondering if it's the same here?