What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
I just finished a true mercy run and I'm planning on doing a genocide run on a completely fresh game that's in a different folder than my True mercy run, will doing genocide in a different file location mess with the true mercy save? I know Undertale hid saves in the system folders so I'm wondering if it's the same here?
As far as I'm aware, saves for Shrift are located in Save folder (actual saves) and PublicData file in main folder (that's responsible for all the meta stuff like mind corruption). I think if your folders are separate they shouldn't be able to mesh with each other, but ask Anegorami just in case?

barthalamuke

Reputation score
Just finished the game and got a neural C ending, which was a bit of a bummer as I was a pretty darn good pacifist (although I didn't unlock all of the girls, bought a spit of SP at the start of the game and tried to shoot the guy that was being hung up by Arachne which might of effected my ending). I was thinking of restarting and either gunning for a pacifist end or a genocide end. I'm just wondering if this is worth it? as in does the game change much depending on which route you play in terms of story/enemies?

Lastly does anyone have a non-spoilery guide to help unlock the endings? Mostly because I don't want to go through the entire game again only to find out I fucked up and get another neutral ending.

Thanks!
P.S cheers to all the people who left advice on this form for some of the bosses, would have probably rage quit along time ago without some of the info on this page.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Just finished the game and got a neural C ending, which was a bit of a bummer as I was a pretty darn good pacifist (although I didn't unlock all of the girls, bought a spit of SP at the start of the game and tried to shoot the guy that was being hung up by Arachne which might of effected my ending). I was thinking of restarting and either gunning for a pacifist end or a genocide end. I'm just wondering if this is worth it? as in does the game change much depending on which route you play in terms of story/enemies?

Lastly does anyone have a non-spoilery guide to help unlock the endings? Mostly because I don't want to go through the entire game again only to find out I fucked up and get another neutral ending.

Thanks!
P.S cheers to all the people who left advice on this form for some of the bosses, would have probably rage quit along time ago without some of the info on this page.
Neutral C is the worst you can get outside of Genocide. To get better Neutral endings, you need to get more girls to join you in My Room, and not kill any demons.

Mercy and True Mercy require you to befriend all the demons you meet and add them to My Room, while maintaining a Level of 1. It should be obvious if you're still on the Mercy path by the color of your save: it should be blue.

It is highly recommended to get True Mercy, as you not only unlock the Final Chapter, but also get access to several post-game dungeons. EX1 is okay, but EX2 and EX3 are just as good as the main story, if not better. I highly enjoyed EX2, it will be fun when I fully hand translate it ^w^

barthalamuke

Reputation score
So i'm redoing my run to unlock all the girls in my room but i've run into a bit of roadblock with Mukuro, I've reloaded an earlier save after i've found out about her backstory with her brother and the twins from the Memento, but the fight with the twins isn't activating for some reason, I end up still fighing Mukuro. I don't really know what to do, i'm not sure if my game has bugged or if I've done something wrong, if anyone has an answer it would be appreciated.

Shrifted

Reputation score
So i'm redoing my run to unlock all the girls in my room but i've run into a bit of roadblock with Mukuro, I've reloaded an earlier save after i've found out about her backstory with her brother and the twins from the Memento, but the fight with the twins isn't activating for some reason, I end up still fighing Mukuro. I don't really know what to do, i'm not sure if my game has bugged or if I've done something wrong, if anyone has an answer it would be appreciated.
You need to finish the chapter normally, use the Delusion Capsule to watch to watch the Memento through, save, then use Chapter Select on the file you watched it on to play Chapter 2-2 again. It's not a global flag: Kazuya needs to remember it to bring it up and start the fight with the Twins.

mastaeixa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It says Unable to find file: Graphics/Pictures//ba/7-000.png what do I do now should I reinstall the game or the patch?

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It says Unable to find file: Graphics/Pictures//ba/7-000.png what do I do now should I reinstall the game or the patch?
you can try and reinstall the game first and go to where that happen and if it works then patch the game and see if it happens again. and make sure the game unpacked also well you need to do that anyway to patch the game so that should not be the problem

barthalamuke

Reputation score
Sorry to keep asking questions but does anyoe know how to unlock Ex2? did the first Ex, but the second one isn't activating? I'm not sure if my version is outdated but it says on the title screen that it's 7.02.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Sorry to keep asking questions but does anyoe know how to unlock Ex2? did the first Ex, but the second one isn't activating? I'm not sure if my version is outdated but it says on the title screen that it's 7.02.
Iirc requires TM route + bond with Barghest/Lampas/Empuse. Revisit their rooms to be sure.

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
If you don't meet the requirements, each crystal will tell you what you need to have when you try to activate them.

matciga

Reputation score
Guys, How exactly are you getting all the DLC ? I've been on the creator's page, subscribing to his plan to support him, and I didn't receive anything, pls help :c

Shrifted

Reputation score
@ Dev: There's a minor text bug around the pink bed in the final chapter for True Mercy. If you view it in 4-3 itself, it gives an errant message that Samael has appeared. This doesn't happen when you view it in the Delusion Capsule, and exists in both the JP and then English versions:

Elhidino

Reputation score
Need some help: Basically, i did mother rabbit graveyard event without knowing i have to talk to cats in order to trigger their quest so i restarted the chapter and now each time i try to trigger the graveyard event mc model dissapears and event doesnt proc.

Is there any way to fix this or am i fecked and have to delete data and start all over again?

Before anyone asks: Playing 7.02 with english patch.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Need some help: Basically, i did mother rabbit graveyard event without knowing i have to talk to cats in order to trigger their quest so i restarted the chapter and now each time i try to trigger the graveyard event mc model dissapears and event doesnt proc.

Is there any way to fix this or am i fecked and have to delete data and start all over again?

Before anyone asks: Playing 7.02 with english patch.
Don't think the translation patch would mess with it, but did you finish the chapter normally and restart with Chapter Select?